main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fallen from Grace (Post-SbS, AU dark side K/J); Updated 8/3/10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-Princess-Solo, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Canadian_Maple_Leaf

Canadian_Maple_Leaf Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2004
    Thats a relief I was getting worried

A new post soon

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES ..............

2. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    I would definitely appreciate a PM please! I've loved your story for a long time and don't want to miss any of it! :) Thanks!!! *Cheers* A new post soon!!! *Does a happy dance*

~Goddess Jaina~

3. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Don't you realize I am collecting this thing as you post it for future hosting on my FanFic site :D [face_devil] And you only ever have to ask :)

Which reminds me... I need to update that part of the site again :p

EDIT: And I almost forgot /dancing in circles from the sheer joy this wonderful story will continue/ I still can't believe you got me liking a K/J :eek: :p ;)

4. Goddess_Jaya

Goddess_Jaya Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    Jenn, you poor thing. You have the worst computer luck, don't you?

I'll be waiting here, muy patiently. I've re-read pretty much all of this story, as well as Revelations and part of Serenity. Guess it's time to wade my way through Revelations again, huh? :D

Yeehaw for classes ending! Now if there wasn't that pesky thing called work.

~GJ

5. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    Hello all :)

Sorry for yet another delay, I've needed some down time to handle some personal stuff, but I haven't fogrotten you guys! In fact, I'm working on the next post right now.

But to tide you all over until it's done, I have put up the first post to a post-RotS AU over on the Saga boards, so once you've seen the movie, check it out: The Prodigal Son

See you all soon!

~JPS~

6. argentlife

argentlife Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2005
    So glad that it will be another post soon, this story (recommended over at livejournal.com) was the reason I joined the forum.

You have done such a good job and I can't wait to see what Jacen will get them both into. Not to mention Kyp's reaction :)

Would really appreciate a PM if you have the time...

Thanks

Lisa

7. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    Kyp can turn Jacen into a Kentucky Fried Jedi.

Mooore . .. goooood.

8. Siaynoqsbride

Siaynoqsbride Jedi Master star 4

May 17, 2005
  9. DarthKain

DarthKain Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2005
  10. Jaya_Skywalker

Jaya_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2004
    I hope everything is going okay for you, JPS :)

We'd all love a post, when you manage to find time and inspiration. No rush, just thought I would reassure you that we are all still here and eagerly awaiting an update ;)

11. Jaina_Solo_16

Jaina_Solo_16 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2004
    New reader alert!!!

I just found this fic and it took me all day to read it. :) I can't believe how far they have fallen. I think Jaina has at least a small chance of comeing back now that Jacen's there. Kyp, on the other hand, is just too far in the dark side. He's being so possessive of Jaina that it's clear that it's obssession, not love.

I can't wait for another post. Is everything ok, you haven't been on for a while? Hope this story continues because it's just too great to be left.

Keep up the super job!

Guenevere =D=

12. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002

Hi guys [face_blush] :)

It has been a while, hasn't it? I'm really sorry about that, I've just had a very hectic couple of months, and it's kept me from getting much done. It didn't help that some of the things going on in my personal life seemed to only feed writer's block, lol.

But the good news is... I am back! :D

And even better for all of you- a new post is almost completed! :p

I just need to finish putting some tweaks on it, then it will be posted. So expect it to be up sometime tomorrow afternoon, I would say.

Thanks so much for all your patience!

~JPS~

13. maryaminx

maryaminx Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2005
    *does a little dance*

Yay!

14. Goddess_Jaya

Goddess_Jaya Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    Wonderful news! I don't think I'll ever give up on this fic, but it's nice to know for sure that you haven't either.

*snuggles down to re-read Devotion in the meantime*

15. Jaina_Solo_16

Jaina_Solo_16 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2004
    Yay! I can't wait. Glad you're back.

Guenevere

16. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Jan 10, 2000
    You've just painted such lively characters and depicted such real human struggles so well that if you came back after a year we'd all be just as thrilled.

I just want to see Jacen try to talk to Jaina, as soon as Kyp senses him, his twin will be the least of his worries.

I don't think Kyp is that far gone in terms of love at the moment. Surely he recalls how she spaced-out back on Hapes she became when Jacen was mentioned, he just doesn't want to see her psyche get damaged any further, but then he has his own motives: an ally, someone to roll around in the sheets with, someone who can keep all his enemies off-balance and a woman who could give him the most powerful Force-sensitive kids in history.

17. Canadian_Maple_Leaf

Canadian_Maple_Leaf Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2004
    Glad you' re back

18. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002

Thanks again for hanging in there with me, guys- you are the best! :D I am not completely satisfied with this post, but it will have to do... I have left you waiting long enough :p ;)

~JPS~

19. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002

The Force was teeming with darkness.

It was a heady feeling, like walking through the smoke-filled halls of a spice den.

Death and despair was thick in the air these days, the ravenous shadow only grew stronger with each passing night, and with the shadow's growth came a growth of power, for those able and willing to bend it to their will.

The dark side was blossoming.

"It's a good day for a slaughter, isn't it, Lord Durron?"

Glancing at his companion, Kyp Durron allowed his lips to curve upward into a small, eerily unpleasant smile. "It is at that, Welk."

He took a moment to study the younger man as they made their way through the mineshaft tunnels, in search of the next batch of Yuuzhan Vong meant to become their victims.

It was no secret that he had been put off by the arrival of Welk and his Nightsister Master, Lomi Plo, when the duo first crashed into his life on Tatooine, but in the long months since, he'd come to find that Welk was not the irritation and inconvenience he had assumed him to be.

If he was honest, it was somewhat nice to have a follower whose loyalty and devotion need not be questioned. Welk, despite his surly streak and defiant nature, revered him, and that reverence felt good.

The boy was growing on him.

And growing on Jaina, as well, if recent developments were any indication.

Perhaps something in the former Shadow Knight reminded her of her lost brother, or maybe she simply had not forgotten that it had been Welk who, breaking their promise not to use the dark side, had saved Anakin's life on the worldship at Myrkr, even if he and Lomi had betrayed and marooned them soon after.

Family, Kyp knew, would always be Jaina's weakness.

And at the present time, that weakness was just waiting to be exploited.

Lifting his gaze to the skies overhead, Kyp felt a heaviness settle in his chest, a numb sort of anger and dread all mixed together into some indefinable emotion.

The Millennium Falcon was up there in the battle over Ebaq-9, with Han and Leia Solo leading the Smuggler's Alliance in their runs against the Yuuzhan Vong fleet, but it was not them that held Kyp's attention. Leia, despite their differences, was nothing if not intelligent, and he knew that Jaina's mother would not abandon those depending on them to chase after her erstwhile daughter.

No, the presence that was gnawing at the corner of Kyp's mind was one much more intense, and much more dangerous.

Luke Skywalker was not far away.

A furious urge to face his old Master burned within Kyp, like a blaze that would not die, but he held back, for one reason and one reason only.

Jaina would not approve.

A confrontation with Luke was inevitable, they both knew it, but Jaina was not yet ready for such a momentous task, and Kyp was uncertain what the consequences of forcing that confrontation on her too soon would be.

One day, though, they would have to address the problem.

Despite his power and strength in the Force, Luke Skywalker was not a wise man. He continued to preach nonaggression in the face of a galactic genocide, clinging to the foolish belief that good would overcome evil in the end, that the Force would grant him some miracle.

The Jedi were too blind, too cowardly, to take matters into their own hands.

Jaina knew this better than anyone, and yet she seemed content to simply ignore the Jedi for now, leaving them to their own devices, but sooner or later Luke would mount a campaign against them.

And if Jaina couldn't deal with her uncle, then Kyp would handle the matter himself.

"Well," Welk announced from a few paces ahead of him. "The Jedi definitely came this way."

Moving to the younger man's side, Kyp frowned down at the handful of Yuuzhan Vong corpses littering the ground of the mineshaft, all bearing the distinctive markings of a lightsaber wound.

"They can't be far ahead," he surmised grimly. "And there are more Vong where these came from."

"Why are we helping the Jedi again?" Welk muttered, voice thick with disgust as he pushed aside a

20. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Jan 10, 2000
    You have not lost any of your creative spark, JPS.

Kypster has a lackey and he so wants to inflict damage upon those who hurt Jaina, but he's right -- she isn't ready to handle that inevitable confrontation yet.

21. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    OOoooof! :eek: :eek: [face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain]

Will need to re-read later and compose a good response [face_hypnotized]

22. Darth_Kinwon

Darth_Kinwon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 6, 2004
    So glad to see this story back!

Kyp makes me more and more uneasy as time passes, but there was still a touch of tenderness to his madness when it came to Jaina- he wants to protect her, his means are just twisted.

23. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Whoa! Very intriguing comeback, JPS. :D

Glad to see you back. Thanks for the PM. :)

24. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Jan 10, 2000
    There's more ruthlessness than madness behind Lord durron's thoughts and actions.

25. Sword-of_the-Jedi

Sword-of_the-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    Very nice update, JPS :)

It says a lot that Kyp is still willing to resist going after Luke or Jacen because Jaina doesn't want him to- as far as he has fallen, his love for her just might help save him down the road- we can hope anyway [face_worried]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.