main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fallen from Grace (Post-SbS, AU dark side K/J); Updated 8/3/10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-Princess-Solo, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    Welcome Back JPS and thanks for the PM! You haven't lost your creativity at all and it shines in your new post! I like the way you are building the stage for an innevitable confrontation! Kyp's weakness is Jaina as her's is her family and him. It'll be interesting to see how much farther Jaina and Kyp fall before they hit bottom and come to a crossroads! I can't wait for the next post! Excellent as always! =D= =D= =D=

2. Jedi_Jaina_Fel

Jedi_Jaina_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    So nice to have you back full-time JPS :D And even better to have this fic up and running again :p ;) I have a feeling something is going to happen soon, either with Jacen, Jaina or Kyp, that's going to have big consequences...

3. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    Great post JPS!

I look forward to reading more of it.

I can't wait to see how Jaina deals with the Kyp and Jacen thing.

4. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    cool story love it

5. Skarlaya

Skarlaya Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2004
    Still loving this story :D

6. Jedi-Jaina-Solo-Fel

Jedi-Jaina-Solo-Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2002
    Lucky for Jacen that Kyp has other things to attend to- I just hope Jacen doesn't actually make it to Jaina, or Kyp is going to flip out [face_plain]

7. JediPrincess83

JediPrincess83 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2003
    Great post! Can we hope for more soon? :D

8. Durroness

Durroness Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 4, 2002
    JPS, I am SO glad that you updated! I was getting kind of discouraged and had stopped checking the story every day, and then BAM! you hit us with another awesome post. I absolutely love the way you write Kyp and Jaina- Although they handle their problems in a dark way, it looks like their struggle is more about their love for each other and protecting what they care about than about the power alone. I guess that gives hope that they are redeemable (although they're much more fun this way.) They take on the ends justifying the means in a way that the books never show.
    Right now Im reading the new SW book, The Joiner King and I have to say I like your story much better.(Although I have some hope that things may shape up in the series)
    And Sorry that I'm such a lurker, I'm going to try to stop doing that.

9. Goddess-of-Trickery

Goddess-of-Trickery Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2002
    Great to see this story back and running :D Lucky for Jacen that Big Sis intervened, huh?

10. Canadian_Maple_Leaf

Canadian_Maple_Leaf Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2004
    I love how you make the characters and their feelings so real, the good and the bad !!!!!!

Glad you're back!!!!!

11. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
  12. TenelKaSolo

TenelKaSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2004
    I'm happy you've been able to update this story. Great post! Can't wait for more!

13. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Guess it took me a while to compose a thought (the busy thing has gotten hold of me too [face_tired])

I like the way you showed Kyp's desperation to keep Jaina to himself, and how he has turned his coveteous (yes, it's a word) mind into such a dangerous web... In some ways, it's like he is competing for Jaina w/ her family, and especially Jacen. He is so insanely jealous of their unbreakable bond (yeah, it's a little bent right now, but it isn't broken... yet), that he has convinced himself that Jacen his is rival; his enemy...

I am really looking forward to reading more of this story :) I hope ;)

14. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    Kyp and Jaina have different agendas, and this will only cause more of a chasm between them. What happens once the Vong are crippled and defeated? How far does Jaina want to go? Breaking their ability to field an effective military threat? Genocide?

What happens if her family feels she's being too "extreme" and want her to try to "give peace a chance"? Especially the Craven One who didn't seem to care that his idiocy caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Hapans. And wants to force his views down everyone's throat.

Kyp merely wants to act preemptively. He always has wished to act this way and nip potential threats in the bud. To Kyp the ends always justify the means.

Just because Jaina can't see them as enemies, doesn't mean they aren't enemies.

15. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Up.

Just because it needs one and I miss this story...I hope it isn't doomed to disappear into the Black Hole of Calcutta, never to be heard from again. I love this fic. :_|

16. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    Hey guys :)

Sorry about my disappearing act, a lot has been going on.

I just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten this fic. I will try to get a post up soon, since you have all been so patient.

17. 333

333 Jedi Master

Feb 29, 2004
  18. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
  19. Canadian_Maple_Leaf

Canadian_Maple_Leaf Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2004
    It's nice to see you!!!!!!!!=D= :) :cool: =D= :) :cool:

20. Goddess_Jaya

Goddess_Jaya Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    Great news JPS! The plot is really heating up. I shall be waiting to see what you've cooked up next. :D

21. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    WOoooooo HOooooOO!!!!!

22. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    Well that is very good news. I can't wait to see your post. :p

23. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002

Get down!

Dropping to the floor of the mineshaft, Zekk felt the razor bug whizz over him.

Thanks, he sent breathlessly to Tesar.

He rolled to his feet, bringing his lightsaber up as he rolled to block the strike of an amphistaff that was aimed at his vulnerable neck.

The Yuuzhan Vong warrior lunged at him, weapon slashing, and Zekk parried his attack, kicking out his right leg to hook the warrior in the back of the ankle. He wasn't strong enough to bring a Yuuzhan Vong toppling down, but his kick did startle the warrior, catching him off guard for just a moment.

A moment was all Zekk needed.

Twisting his wrists, he cut his blade away from the tangle with the amphistaff, and sliced the Yuuzhan Vong warrior open from hip to hip.

"How many of these guys are there?" he grunted, twisting around to carve through the right arm of a warrior who was charging them with his amphistaff over his head. Lowbacca's massive, furry arm came around, amber lightsaber flashing down to take care of the warrior's left arm.

"Thiss one suspectss we do not want to know ze anszer," Tesar replied.

Lowie gave a growl of agreement.

The mine tunnels were supposed to have been safe, shelter for the pilots who lured the Yuuzhan Vong to Ebaq-9 in case some of the Vong made it planetside.

Clearly, things were not going according to plan.

And the Yuuzhan Vong just kept pouring through the narrow opening of the mineshaft.

This, Zekk lamented to himself. Is just not my day.

Then again, it hadn't really been his year, either, not in a few years time.

Nothing had been right since the day that the Yuuzhan Vong first began to poke around in their galaxy, and he knew in his heart that nothing would be right again until the Vong had been subdued.

This war was destroying the galaxy, and it was tearing the Jedi apart.

Jedi were not soldiers, yet they'd been thrust into the role just the same, hadn't they?

Zekk flicked his wrists side to side, blocking and parrying again and again as one Yuuzhan Vong warrior after another came at him, focusing himself inward on the Force instead of the actual combat. He was a strong fighter, he'd had to learn to be one during his days with the Shadow Academy, but being outnumbered this badly in such narrow confines meant that there was no room for error.

Help was coming, Master Skywalker had already sent word through the meld, but the other Jedi still had to get through the enemy lines first.

And that meant that Zekk and the others had to stay alive until they got here.

It wasn't all a disaster, though, through the meld they were aware of the larger battle taking place overhead, and Zekk took comfort in the knowledge that Ackbar's plan had worked, that the Yuuzhan Vong fleet was being hammered by the military.

There was one bit of news coming from the meld, though, that was not so comforting.

Jaina was on Ebaq-9.

Her presence in the system wasn't a new surprise, Zekk had felt the sudden surge of darkness in the Force when she and Kyp Durron emerged from hyperspace with their band of Dark Jedi, and he had despaired.

But even then, he hadn't expected her to come to Ebaq-9.

He hadn't expected a lot of things.

Least of all that she would one day walk the path she'd taken.

He'd always been aware of her heritage, of course, but when they were kids he'd found it fascinating, like something out of a holodrama. During his stint with the Shadow Academy, he had entertained ideas of swaying her to his side, the temptation of having the power of one of Vader's heirs at his disposal too great not to consider it. Jaina had always been fiery, she had her mother's temper and none of Princess Leia's restraint, but he'd never thought she would lose her way.

Not after she had risked her life to save him when he lost his.

But he had been wrong.

It turned out that Jaina was just as weak as he was, just as brittle on the inside.

Only she hadn't come back to the light, as he had.

Instead, she had seduced one of the most powerful

24. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Oh. My. Goodness.

*freaks out*

You're back! [face_dancing][face_dancing]=D=:D

Anyways, I don't have time to read this right now, but I'll be back soon.

Just wanted you to know how excited I am about your triumphant return!

And thanks for the PM!

25. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Okay, I'm back.

Ooooh...good post! That was an interesting look into Zekk's mind; he's so right about so many things. Interesting how you revealed so much about Jaina through Zekk just then. Poor guy. But not as poor as Kyp... :_| [face_love] [face_devil]

Jaina is growing more devious by the moment. I'm eagerly waiting to see where you will take this; it could go in so many different directions.

Is it too soon to ask for more?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.