main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fallen from Grace (Post-SbS, AU dark side K/J); Updated 8/3/10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-Princess-Solo, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    Wow! Nice to see you.

Great update and thanks for the PM. :)

Sheesh, Zekk is taking it kind of hard. I like the way you developed his feelings on her turn to the darkside though. Good job.

2. Goddess_Jaya

Goddess_Jaya Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    A little birdy told me there was a new post to read, and there was! :D

Now that is how you write Zekk. It's been a while since I've picked up Dark Journey, but his actions make much more sense how you've written them. It was great to read his inner monologue - the self-doubt and guilt he was dealing with as far back as when he and Jaina first met.

And of course Jaina had to show up in the end. I could tell the whole post was building up to that, and my smile just kept getting wider and wider until *the* moment came. When it did, the contrast between Zekk's thoughts and her mostly normal actions was striking. I mean, when was the last time we saw her smile normally and conversing with Jedi peacefully? Of course, the last line brought Zekk's thoughts full circle. She is still so dark and only getting worse.

*cheers* Wonderful post, and well worth the wait.

3. AngelofDarkness

AngelofDarkness Jedi Master star 2

Aug 25, 2002
    I had a feeling Jaina would be running into those three ;)

Nice look at Jaina's fall through Zekk's eyes- her first "love", ex-best friend and someone who knows all too well what the dark side does... it gives a depth to the Jedi outlook on her fall. And I am anxious to see what happens now.. does Kyp come? Does Jacen get there? Will the Jedi let Jaina leave without trying to stop her?

4. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Oh dear. [face_devil] That was very... enlightening. Poor Zekk.

Glad to see yuo back. Thanks muchly for the PM. :D

5. 333

333 Jedi Master

Feb 29, 2004
    awesome this is way better than dark journey

6. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    Of course. This is the realism that the NJO desperately attempted to capture.

7. Trickster_Goddess

Trickster_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    Nice to see this up again :) Zekk is right to be so wary of Jaina, and I am on the edge of my seat wondering what she's going to do next so I can only imagine how he feels :p More soon? Pllleeeasssee... we can beg, if you like ;)

8. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    I just found this story today. I've only read up to the part where Ta'a Chume dies so far.

Amazing story. I found Ta'a Chume's ending rather amusing because (The Unseen Queen spoilers) Jacen 'takes her out' in TUQ. How fitting for Jaina to do it here and Jacen there. You even wrote that part of the story back in 2004.

Just wanted to comment before I continued reading. This story is addicting. :p

9. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Jan 10, 2000
    It only gets better. Lord Durron hasn't even busted loose yet at that point.

10. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    :eek: [face_worried] /still shivering/

Holy Carp, Woman! That was amazing, and down-right unsettling... Nice work!

11. DarthJaina

DarthJaina Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2002
    An update, hurray! :D So Jaina is in a mineshaft with Zekk, Lowie and Tesar... Kyp and Welk are with three other Jedi, we don't know what the rest of the dark jedi are up to yet... Jacen is trying to get there, Luke and the others are trying to get there... so many possibilities, lol! :p

12. Canadian_Maple_Leaf

Canadian_Maple_Leaf Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2004
    Wow! I love your writing!

I wonder what Kyp would think of Zekk being around?

Dark journey was the only NJO book I read the whole way through. Then they go and mess it up. Jaina's fall was the perfect thing to make NJO more like Star Wars and they almost totally ignore it for the rest of the series. Thank you so much for writing this!

So what happens next?

13. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    Thank you so much for the PM! I only just had time now to read the update and it certainly was well worth the wait! It was interesting to see Jaina's fall through her friend's eyes and to see how her fall has affected those around her. It'll be interesting to see how they interact with her once the depressurization is finished. I can't wait for the next post! There hasn't been a dull moment in this story! Please continue to PM me with updates! :D

14. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Jan 10, 2000
    But aren't the Vong so much kewler than stupid dark siders? The vong have living snake-staff weapons that spit poison, all dark siders can do is shoot lightning from their fingertips.

Heavy sarcasm, obviously. did Jaina even truly turn or was it just her time of the month and she had really, really bad PMS?

15. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    I think we were all wondering that. :p

Oh, and I think I forgot to say thanks for the PM, so if I did, thanks! :)

16. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Well JPS just wanted to pop in and say hi and so far this looks interesting... far from what you have written in the past but it's been so long i have so much to catch up on. [face_hypnotized] but i will catch up when im specially bored like right now...

well not really Gilmore Girls and Supernatural are on so im off to watch that!

Nice to be back JPS!

17. jaya_tharen

jaya_tharen Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2004
    New reader here

I've only read the first chapter so far, but I'm lovin it!

--Jaya--

18. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    Great post hope we get another soon!

19. Darth_Intangable

Darth_Intangable Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2006
    How did you do it...I stayed up all last night and read the whole thing[face_hypnotized]
    Then I finally fell asleep and just got back on.

It Rules!!!

POST MORE SOON[face_batting]

20. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    I'm not entirely satisfied with this post, it ended up shorter than I'd planned, and it's lacking something, but I've left you guys hanging long enough as it is. I'll try to get regular updates posted from now on!

It took a lot to scare a Wookiee.

They were fearless by nature, their strength knew no limit.

In his youth, Lowbacca had recalled old legends and stories that the elders passed down to steady his nerves in situations that made him ill at ease.

Now, when he was scared, he thought of his uncle Chewbacca.

Of how Chewbacca had stared death in the eye when it came for him, howling in defiance even as the giant moon came crashing down on top of him that terrible day on Sernpidal.

His uncle had died a hero.

Not even death scared him, his courage was so great.

Lowbacca was not brave.

There were many things that he feared, and the Yuuzhan Vong had helped him discover that.

Pain was something he could endure, he had survived the worst of tortures and come out of it intact. Death did not scare him, it came to all living things in time and a Jedi was born to serve, in life and in death. He had lost friends and loved ones, and carried their memory within him. The government had turned its back on the Jedi Order, the people they sought to protect, the people they died for, had tossed them aside without a second thought. He had watched the galaxy wilt away, watched the Yuuzhan Vong mutilate once beautiful worlds and sacrifice millions of sentient beings at a whim.

The Yuuzhan Vong did not scare him, their weapons did not scare him.

Nightmares about the monstrous voxyn no longer plagued him, he had overcome those fears.

And the voxyn would soon be no more.

The last of them were dying out, and the queen had long since been destroyed along with the cloning labs over Myrkr. It had been Anakin Solo's final battle, to end the voxyn's reign of terror.

But Myrkr had given birth to other monsters, monsters with familiar faces.

That was what Lowbacca truly feared, above all else, the demon that existed within them all.

He had resisted, he had not given in to the grief and despair.

But others had let it consume them.

Turning his head, Lowbacca let out a soft sigh as he gazed sadly at the girl who had once been his closest friend, the woman who had once been Jaina Solo.

He did not know who she was now.

But he did not like it.

And judging from the grim looks on the faces of his companions, neither did Zekk or Tesar.

Jaina, however, was oblivious to their concern, she was too preoccupied with watching the Yuuzhan Vong at the other end of the tunnel.

As they thrashed and died under depressurization, she smiled.

Once, her smiles had been bright and happy, and they had filled Lowbacca with a sense of contentment. He cared deeply for this young human, he had since their days at the Academy on Yavin Four, and seeing her happy had always been a joy for him.

Her delight at watching the Vong die in excruciating pain stabbed at his heart.

What had happened to the Jaina he remembered?

A pointless question, of course. He knew what had happened, they all did. Jaina had watched her younger brother die at Myrkr, had been dragged away kicking and screaming by her brother Jacen.

She had never gotten over any of it.

Lowbacca wondered now, as he watched her dark eyes sparkle with amusement, if she ever would.

"This is ridiculous," Zekk muttered angrily.

He started forward and Lowbacca reached out a paw to stop him, but the dark-haired man shoved past him and stalked toward Jaina. Lowbacca growled in frustration and exchanged a look with Tesar, but the Barbel just flicked his tail side-to-side with a grimly amused hiss, as if to say that if Lowbacca wanted to get between the two of them, he was welcome to go ahead and try on his own.

Tesar was smart enough to stay out of the way.

"Jaina, what the krill do you think you're doing?" Zekk demanded sharply, grabbing her by the shoulder and spinning her around to face him.

The look on her face near

21. Darth_Intangable

Darth_Intangable Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2006
    :D [face_praying] :) She said regular updates!!!

way cool...

now Kyp saves em...right?[face_praying]

-A[face_coffee]

passes out caf

22. Canadian_Maple_Leaf

Canadian_Maple_Leaf Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2004
    I'm completly adicted to your story
    I need more!

23. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    [face_dancing] Yay, you've posted!!! :D

Wonderful as always!!! =D= I wonder if Jaina will try to save them or if she'll attempt to save only herself? Perhaps it'll be Kyp to save them all.... I can't wait to see what happens next!!! Please keep me on your PM list!

24. Trickster_Goddess

Trickster_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    Wow, that was intense! I knew Zekk and Jaina would smack heads before it was over, but man- Jaina is just cruel, isn't she? I can't wait for her to ram her sbaer through Tsavong's throat, though [face_mischief]

25. Goddess_Jaya

Goddess_Jaya Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    *comes crashing in*

I love PMs. :D

I love JPS posts even more. *dances*

Kyp is going to be mad that he missed that little show-down. It's funny that even watching the Vong write in agony wasn't enough for Jaina's amusment, so she had to toy with Zekk on top of it. His reaction was classic. If Jaina gets any more serious about her little "game," Zekk wouldn't stand a chance against resisting her. She knew it (especially after what she did with Kyp), and now Zekk knows it.

The Lowie point of view was great, but also very sad. He was really the last of Jaina's friends to hold out hope that she was still the same girl, and now she's the embodiment of his worst fear. What a kick to the gut.

And Tsavong arrived! Jaina better have brought Daddy Lah's weapon if she's going to finish him off properly.

The news of regular posting thrills me! I've had this bookmarked for ages, but I'll keep a closer eye on it now that I know you'll be around. Ironically, I re-read this whole story yesterday. Jaina still hasn't said the L-word to Kyp, has she?

~GJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.