main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fallen from Grace (Post-SbS, AU dark side K/J); Updated 8/3/10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-Princess-Solo, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina-Solo-Fel

Jaina-Solo-Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2002
    Lol, yes, Dana, I will admit it *makes sure no crazy J/J'ers are about*... I have seen the light! :p Jag's got to go, Kyp's the better man... *wishes there was a way to change the last part of user-name* ;)

2. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002

He was having an incredible dream.

The sun was shining high overhead, bathing him in its warmth as he lay stretched out on the sandy shores of Mon Calamari, the sparkling oceans in the distance.

Jaina was with him.

There was no war, no fighting or death, the galaxy was forgotten and they were at peace, just the two of them, on a well earned vacation far away from everyone and anything. The beach was deserted, there was no one else for miles, and the gentle melody of the Force wove its way around them, warming the air even more than the sun itself.

It was peaceful here, and for the first time in many, many years, Kyp felt peaceful, too.

Beside him, he felt Jaina stir and he opened his eyes as she propped herself up on one elbow, laying on her side, her dark hair cascading over one shoulders as she smiled at him. Her eyes were bright and warm, and she was a sun herself in the Force, full of life and love, a brilliant light that couldn't be contained within the confines of her small body, so it seeped outward into the world around her.

She's beautiful, he thought to himself in awed wonder, reaching out a hand to brush a stray strand of hair away from her eyes. Like a goddess...

Jaina laughed at that, but it wasn't the tinkling, airy sound he'd heard earlier in this dream, it was somehow darker and more menacing, strangely out of place in this tranquil moment, and he winced, as if it hurt his ears.

"Aww, poor Master Durron," Jaina purred, her lips curling up into a smirk. "Do you need me to kiss it and make it all better?"

Warning bells went off somewhere in the murky corners of his mind, and he knew something wasn't right, but he couldn't bring himself to care as Jaina leaned closer until their noses were almost touching, her dark eyes full of an emotion he wasn't able to identify.

"Do you know what I need, Kyp?" she whispered, warm breath spilling across his cheek. "I need you."

I need you...

As if coming out of a daze, Kyp Durron's eyes fluttered open, and he found himself staring up at Jaina Solo, who was seated on the edge of his bed, peering down at him with a frown.

"Jaina?" he rasped groggily, sleep still clouding his thoughts. "What...?"

"I need you," Jaina repeated.

Those words sent a shiver of anticipation through him that was entirely inappropriate, and Kyp stifled it as quickly as possible, but if the wicked gleam in Jaina's eyes was any indication, he hadn't completely managed to keep her from noticing.

Pulling his shields tightly around him, Kyp sat up, acutely aware of the fact that he was shirtless and even more aware of her eyes tracing over his chest appreciatively, but he ignored her and the twisting flutter in his stomach, taking a moment to gather his wits and look around the room.

He was in his tent among the refugee camp, just as he's expected, so it wasn't surprising that Jaina had been able to get inside. What was surprising, though, was that she had done so without him noticing her presence. Even in sleep, he should have been able to detect her approaching.

You're losing your touch, Durron, he told himself ruefully.

Jaina was watching him expectantly, and he finally focused his attention on her, forcing himself to ignore how close she was sitting on his bed and fixing his gaze directly on her own.

"What are you talking about?" he asked curiously.

"I need your help," Jaina replied evenly. "You're the only one I can trust with this."

"I thought you didn't trust me?" Kyp reminded her dryly. "That you never would?"

"I said that I can trust you," Jaina shot back smugly. "Not that I do."

That stung a little, but he couldn't argue that he did deserve her distrust after Sernpidal, so he focused on what she was saying instead, eyeing her warily. "You said I'm the only one you can trust 'with this'... and what, pray tell, is this 'this' that you're avoiding telling me about?"

If she was irritated that he'd picked up on the fact that she was keeping something from him, she didn't show it.

"What?"

3. Jaina-Solo-Fel

Jaina-Solo-Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2002
    Fantastic post! :D Lol, poor Kyp... he probably wishes he could have dream Jaina back right now instead :p Off to Gallinore are we now? He he, poor Kyp is right, he's going to have a headache by the time this trip is over ;)

4. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    It's like this train wreck that you see coming, but you can't yell loud enough to stop! Seriously. I think we can all see the vague direction Kyp and Jaina are heading to, with all of Jaina's sultry promises and Kyp's half-hearted compromises. The guy just loves her to darn much!

Well, I guess since you're witing the story, I'll let you figure it out . :p And anyway, I got to go running.

More soon??!

~*~Austyn

5. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    You use words sparsely, but your word choice is impeccable.

6. Jedi-Jaina-Solo-Fel

Jedi-Jaina-Solo-Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2002
    "You know what, there's a changing screen," she said, gesturing to the screen in the corner, eyes full of wicked revenge. "I think I'll just stay right here."

LOL! Serves him right for telling her basically the same thing when he kidnapped her to the funeral, huh? :p Of course, me thinks Kyp might not mind the idea as much as she did, lol.

7. Matthew_Wolverine

Matthew_Wolverine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2002
  8. Yun-Harla_loves_Jag

Yun-Harla_loves_Jag Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 23, 2004
    good job more and i am just saying for the record SWIMMING STARTS ON MONDAY YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and a kid in my class named max fell off the playground equipment and broke some ribs and his thumb and Mrs. Zybert is probly gonna quit are school because are class annoyed her so bad

9. Trickster_Goddess

Trickster_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    Wow, what a post! :D He he, Kyp's been having some nice dreams as of late, hasn't he? :p Loved seeing the capture of the pirate through Kyp's eyes, and the fact that he didn't want to see how terrified the guy was of little old Jaina... but he saw it.

10. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Whoa. Nice job! *fans self* Nothing HAPPENED, and it's hot!

Dana

11. jedi-solo-fel

jedi-solo-fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 27, 2002
    One word for you, JPS: Niiiicceee :D

Lol, awesome post- I need more, dang it! :p Looks like Jaina is taking Ta'a Chume's advice about using her beauty ot get what she wants to heart, huh? That could have distinct advantages for Kyp in the future :p ;)

12. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    Another post would be great. This is just so wrought with tension--emotional, sexual.

13. Vaders_Granddaughter

Vaders_Granddaughter Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    Wahoo! Things are really starting to speed, and heat, up for our heroes, eh? [face_devil] More soon, please! :D

14. AngelofDarkness

AngelofDarkness Jedi Master star 2

Aug 25, 2002
    *whistles* There is some major repressed sexual tension in that room- er, tent :p Poor Kyp, he's going to go mad before it's all over, lol. This is great, keep the posts coming! :D

15. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    wow~

I don't really know what to say. It's amazing... so much tension, yes.

I love~ it. ^_^

16. Darth_Kinwon

Darth_Kinwon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 6, 2004
    That was a seriously nice post, full of tension, full of foreshadowing, full of Kyp torment... poor guy, waking up to that and trying to be a restrained gentlemen :p Why do I get the feeling that his self-control is going to be seriously tested in the coming days? ;)

17. JediPrincess83

JediPrincess83 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2003
    *turns on the A/C* Things are really starting to heat up for those two, huh? :D I wonder if someday, that little dream of Kyp's will prove to be a reality- just the two of them out sunning themselves on a beach somewhere on Mon Cal... :p ;)

18. Sword-of_the-Jedi

Sword-of_the-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    "I might have turned you down you know," Kyp pointed out with a scowl.

"No," Jaina said simply, striding past him. "You wouldn't have."
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

No, Kyp, you really wouldn't have :p Our little Jaina has you wrapped around her finger already, and it's only bound to get worse ;)

SWORD

19. Goddess-of-Trickery

Goddess-of-Trickery Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2002
    Marvelous work, JPS! :D Whew, there is some heat between those two, isn't there? Can't wait to see what happens next, I'm on the edge of my seat!

20. DarthJaina

DarthJaina Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2002
    WOW :D

Okay, after that, I need another update, pronto! :p ;) Don't make us wait too long, I might go into withdrawal, lol.

21. JainaSoloSkywalker

JainaSoloSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2002
    And it keeps on getting better with each post :D

22. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    JSF: He he, poor Kyp will have plenty to give him a headache by the time he leaves Hapes, I imagine ;)

DoF: Lol, a train wreck really is the right word for it... and Kyp himself may even start to see it, but find he is as helpless to stop it as the rest of us.

GAW, MW, YHLJ: Thank you :D

JJSF: Yeah, somehow I doubt Kyp was as indignant about her being in the room while he changed :p ;)

TG: I'd say that Kyp sees a lot of things in regard to Jaina on Hapes that he tries not to ;)

DS: Thanks! He he, you might to want to keep that fan handy for some of the later posts ;) [face_devil]

VG, JSF, AoD, Sword: There is heat between them, there's no denying that- and a lot of it :p ;)

djcati, JP83: And the tension will only get worse as things progress, lol!

DK: I think it's safe to say that Kyp will eventually find he has no self-control where Jaina is concerned ;)

GoT, DJ, JSS: And there is more on the way... :p

I am editing the next post right now, so expect it to be posted sometime this evening :D

~JPS~

23. Jedi_Jaina_Fel

Jedi_Jaina_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    Today must be my lucky day :p A small trash-can fire got me out of taking my test in my physics lab, then my boss says I don't need to come in to work tonight, and now, just when I finished reading that awesome, tension-filled post, you say there's another one on the way! :D

24. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Gallinore was beautiful.

Mist clung to the deep forests of the planet, and the slanting rays of the sun lent the humid atmosphere a luminous, verdant glow.

As Lowbacca had observed upon their arrival, it looked a bit like Kashyyyk.

A stiff breeze stirred the thick, landbound clouds that filled the open docks and clung to the trees in the city of Dimitor beyond as tall, swaying branches danced across the horizon and mist swirled low the ground, allowing pilots, mechanics and flight officials to come and go like wraiths.

Glancing down at the dark green flight suit she was wearing, Jaina Solo smiled in wry amusement. She had suggested, before departing from Hapes, that they all dress identically to the people of Gallinore, as means of honoring local customs and creating an impression of unity.

Tenel Ka had been pleased with the notion, and had not paused to consider whether or not Jaina had ulterior motives for wanting to blend in.

Of course, the Hapan princess also thought that the reason they were here was so Gallinorian scientist could impart on Jaina some new knowledge that might help her figure out more about the Trickster, the Yuuzhan Vong frigate that she had stolen in their escape from the worldship at Myrkr.

And she had no idea that there had been a secret, hidden fifth passenger aboard the Hapan freighter, kept in a Force-induced trance so deep that neither Tenel Ka nor Lowbacca had been able to detect his presence.

Left, she mentally instructed her companion, and beside her, Kyp Durron steered their prisoner, who was walking along with them dressed in a green flightsuit of his own so as not to draw attention, towards the pilot refresher facility.

Crimpler, as she had gleaned his name to be after they had awoken him with the Force, believed that he was being granted a conditional pardon by Princess Tenel Ka herself, once his slave seed had been removed and he divulged any helpful information he might have against the Vong. Though he had been skeptical, even after she gave him a nice nudge with the Force, he was cooperating with the Jedi- for now.

"We're going into the ventilation tunnels," Jaina explained, for his benefit, as they slipped into a dimly lit corridor.

Crimpler didn't respond, just followed dutifully until they stopped before a large, circular hatch at the end of the corridor.

Jaina reached for the controls, but Kyp caught her wrist in his hand. "Wait." She looked up at him questioningly, a silent prompt for him to explain. "The light in this hall could trigger an alarm."

With that, he drew his lightsaber and swept it in a shining arch toward the ceiling lights, which flares sharply, then blinked out, leaving the hall in darkness.

Jaina gave Kyp an approving nod, then took a deep breath, exhaling slowly, and let her body temperature begin to drop. She knew Kyp was doing the same to his own body, as well as Crimpler's, so she placed a numb hand on the Hapan pirate's arm, which was cold to the touch.

"What is this?" Crimpler demanded groggily. "What's happening?"

While Jaina would have preferred not to waste time answering the man, Kyp gave him a curt explanation, reminding him that if they were caught, it was right back to the prison cell for Crimpler.

Easing open the door, Jaina hauled herself into the rounded passage, which was just big enough to crawl through, and began to pull herself along the downward slope. She felt more than heard Kyp and Crimpler follow suit, and wondered briefly if their chilled limbs felt as sluggish and unresponsive as her own.

When the tunnel finally leveled out and opened into a corridor big enough for them to walk upright, she rolled out, grateful for the soft blue light, which did little to warm the frigid tunnels, but at least allowed them to see where they were going. Crimpler stumbled out behind her, stretching his cramped muscles with a concentrated frown, and Jaina turned her attention to Kyp, smiling faintly when he hit his head as he stood a moment too early.

"What?" he demanded, giving her

25. Jedi_Jaina_Fel

Jedi_Jaina_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    :eek:

*blinks*

:eek:

FANTASTIC POST! Wow, that was incredible- much better, IMO, than it was in Gamer (lol, I was sure it was in Insider, so I went to look and you were right- Gamer :p), with so much more depth and emotion and everything! JPS, you are going to drive me mad trying to wait for new posts :p Lol, but patience is a virtue, right? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.