Beyond Fallen from Grace (Post-SbS, AU dark side K/J); Updated 8/3/10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-Princess-Solo, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Darth_Kinwon Jedi Master

star 1
    Awesome work, as always. It was very cool to see Jaina in action, and you re-established my opinion that Gallinore was the point when Kyp realized he might be in over his head. Seeing Jaina hurling Force lightning and then witnessing her lash out at the guards had to make it sink in that this wasn't just some Jedi dabbling in the dark side, it's Darth Vader's firstborn grandchild [face_devil]
  2. JediPrincess83 Jedi Master

star 1
    I know you :eek:

That is a shiver-inducing line, eh? :p You know, I have read that short story like 3 times, and I only just now realized that Sinsor Khal was pretty much a dark Jedi scientist [face_blush] Lol, guess you just miss some things sometimes, huh? Very nicely done.
  3. Daughterofflame Jedi Master

star 4
    There's very little doubt about it now, is there? Jaina's falling, and no one's going to stop her. (*sniffs*) How sad. :(

Now that we've established this fact (albeit, much more eloquently) can we get to the mush??! :D 'Cause I know there's gonna be some. You just can't have K/J story without it. Even if the main point of the fic is the two of them falling to the dark side. :D Trust me, there will be mush...

Ok, enough of my addicted ranting. Off to my Nyquil (*curses plague afflicting her*) Adios. Me da mas pronto??! :) :D

~*~Austyn
  4. Abby Force Ghost

star 4
    Both these last two posts were great. This most recent one...wow...Jaina's completely falling. It was chilling when she looked on the fallen guards and her first thought was, "Who did it, you or me?" Not "what happened!" or something to that effect.

And that last line, where she's going to erase Lowie's memory...

~Abby~
  5. DarthJaina Jedi Master

star 1
    Spectacular! :eek: I hadn't read "Rogue Apprentice", but maybe I will try to track down a copy of that Gamer issues if it's not sold out- everything in DJ makes more sense when you put that piece of the puzzle into it :p I felt like shivering reading that post, just because of the total lack of concern Jaina had for her actions- she just shrugged them off.
  6. Goddess-of-Trickery Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, there's no going back now, is there? :p Jaina's hurling Force lightning, nearly killing a few guards, allowing the pirate to be tested to near death... she is her grandfather's granddaughter, lol.
  7. Jedi_Jaina_Fel Jedi Master

star 2
    An UP in the hopes that we might get a new post again sometime soon... I should be patient, I know, but it's just too dang hard :p ;)
  8. JainaSoloSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    Is it wrong that I feel sorry for Jaina? :p She's lost her brothers and it messed her up so badly she doesn't even care about what happens to herself or anyone else these days- except for maybe Kyp, she might care about that ;) And the parents, uncle and aunt and little cousin dude, of course... :p More please! :D
  9. AngelofDarkness Jedi Knight

star 2
    Very chilling post :eek:

I, too, loved how Jaina didn't go "what happened?" but rather "who did it, you or me?" when she saw the guards- a subtle way of showing that she's beyond the point of caring, lol. Poor Kyp, he's got his hands full w/ that one- Miko was nothing compared to his new 'apprentice', huh?
  10. Sword-of_the-Jedi Jedi Master

star 1
    Very intense post- it was cool to see it through Jaina's eyes rather than Kyp's, because we got to see firsthand how she's numb to everything around her, even her own actions. Probably how Vader felt eventually, just indifferent and detached from the things he did, lol, so maybe it's genetic :p
  11. Jaina-Solo-Fel Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow, that must have been one hell of a day for poor Kyp- he's in over his head, isn't he? The harder he tries to pull Jaina back, the farther she'll fall from his reach.

What an inglorious way for a Jedi to die, she thought in disgust. Drowning in coolant fluid.

Her brothers would have been so disappointed.
    [face_laugh]

LOL, I know that was a very serious, somber, chilling kind of post, but that one line just made me crack up. Leave it to Jaina to be drowning in coolant and thinking that Anakin and Jacen would have been disappointed! :p
  12. Trickster_Goddess Jedi Knight

star 1
    Jaina's really gone off the deep end, huh?

How long until Kyp ends up taking the plunge after her, I wonder? ;)
  13. Jedi-Jaina-Solo-Fel Jedi Master

star 1
    They are both heading down a very dark path- and I don't think either of them realizes it yet. Letting her do those things makes Kyp an accesory, and I think that will be part of what turns him... he keeps helping her with things he convinces himself are justifiable, and then one day he'll wake up and wham! he's so deep into the dark side, he's stunned.
  14. Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling

star 4
  15. Vaders_Granddaughter Jedi Knight

star 1
    Okay, now I'm going to be glued to my computer checking back for an update all day after that :p Oh well, I'll just have to suffer through some how, right? ;) Loved the last post, very intense!
  16. LadyPadme Manager Emeritus

star 5

Quite an intriguing start. I always did have a sneaking sympathy for Jaina and Kyp. And a dark Jaina and Kyp...wow. :eek:

Great job.
  17. Darth_Kinwon Jedi Master

star 1
    Any chance of a new post sometime soon? :p ;)
  18. JediPrincess83 Jedi Master

star 1
    Just thought I would give this an UP since I'm logged in to check my PMs ;) How about a new postie, JPS? :)
  19. Jedi_Jaina_Fel Jedi Master

star 2
    Is there going to be a new post up this weekend? I'm hoping to catch it before the storms hit ;)
  20. jedi-solo-fel Jedi Master

star 2
    Man, Jaina is falling hard and falling fast- poor Kyp, he's trying to save her, but she doesn't want to be saved.
  21. Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Arrogance was a flaw he could not seem to escape.

It had always been one of his problems, but Kyp Durron had convinced himself that he had overcome it in recent years, that what others perceived to be arrogance was really a deep understanding of his own superior skills.

But in just a few hours time, Jaina Solo had ripped that denial to shreds.

He had known, when he agreed to help her with this mission, that it was going to be an ambiguous venture, but he'd told himself that if it worked, if the Gallinore scientists could help them find a way to combat Yuuzhan Vong technology, then it would be worth it.

And he'd convinced himself that if Jaina went too far, he would be able to reign her in.

Such arrogance, he snorted, shaking his head. What had made him think that anyone, least of all him, could keep Jaina Solo under control? She was one of the most talented Jedi in the Order, and easily the most powerful among the younger generation with her brothers dead, but more importantly she had the sheer force of will that Kyp had only encountered in a select few.

Not to mention she certainly had the bloodline for greatness.

So why had he so foolishly assumed that he could keep the granddaughter of Darth Vader in check?

Arrogance, plain and simple.

After leaving the Hapan pirate in the hands of the twisted Sinsor Khal and then erasing all evidence of their trip down to his lab, Kyp had parted ways with his 'apprentice', deciding to return to the ship. He had claimed fatigue, blaming it on their harrowing plummet through the coolant system, but he doubted she had believed it.

They both knew the real reason he hadn't stuck with her was that he had no desire to return to the captive scientist's lab and watch the proceedings.

He didn't need to ask what kind of 'experiments' Crimpler was going to undergo at the hands of the Force-sensitive, inhumane scientist, he could guess, and that was enough to make his stomach turn over. The worst part was that, he was certain, what he could imagine was probably nowhere near as horrible as what would take place.

The air in that lab was thick and bitter with the scent of blood, and the floors had clearly been stained with so much of it that not even the best cleaning solutions could remove it entirely. The gutters lining the operating table, the drains at the bottom... it wasn't a lab at all, it was a torture chamber.

And yet Jaina had gone back, to stand by and watch the whole thing without so much as a blink of an eye.

Closing his eyes, Kyp collapsed wearily on the hard bunk in the smallest of the Hapan freighter's sleeping cabins, feeling more exhausted than he had in years. It had been a long day, and he hadn't gotten a full night's sleep the night before, due to Jaina's arrival in his tent to ask him along on this mission, but his exhaustion had little to do with any physical lassitude.

He briefly considering meditating, but felt he was too tense and ill at ease for it to be very effective, and sleep was out of the question, even if he did have several hours to himself.

Jaina had gone off into the wilderness with Tenel Ka and Lowbacca, and she'd informed him that they might not return until full dark. There hadn't been an invitation for him to come along, but he wasn't offended, his presence would only cause problems with her friends, especially the Hapan princess.

And at the moment, Kyp rather felt he needed some time away from Jaina, to clear his head.

They had broken too many laws to count today, and crossed more lines that he was ready to admit, but he wasn't sure what to do about any of it.

She wants to stop the Yuuzhan Vong, I want to stop the Yuuzhan Vong, he told himself. That's all that matters. It's that simple.

But it really wasn't.

Sighing, he decided he might as well face the inevitable. He'd been avoiding thinking about what had happened today, about what Jaina had done and what he'd helped her do, but there was no use in denying it. All he had was his own thoughts and an empty ship to keep him
  22. jedi-solo-fel Jedi Master

star 2
    Poor Kyp :( He's really got his hands full. Loved the part where he reflected on how reviving the guards kept Jaina from being a murderer- yet. Very poignant and chilling that he recognized the fact that this path would eventually lead her to that place. I am so glad you update before you go off :) Have a good weekend, be safe ;)
  23. Darth_Kinwon Jedi Master

star 1
    He he, how to stop her indeed :p Well, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em- go for it Durron ;) [face_devil]
  24. LadyPadme Manager Emeritus

star 5

Wow, this post was very deep. :eek:

Jaina was in serious trouble.

And so was he.

Somehow, she had gotten him to cross lines he would never have crossed, and the disturbing thing was that he knew she knew it. And now she knew that if she manipulated him, he would help her, despite his better judgment. He didn't understand why she had this affect on him, why she could rob him of all good sense, and he didn't know how to get rid of it.

- Ummm...you think maybe it's because...he's in love with her? ;) :p

She was as beautiful as her mother, even more so in Kyp's opinion, because where Leia had a regal, graceful beauty, Jaina's was a little less polished, with something wild and carefree, almost luminous, beneath the surface.

There wasn't a male Jedi in the Order, of any species, who wasn't aware of Jaina Solo.

- I love that introspective into Jaina. She's really IS a Jedi Princess, and she really is Vader's grandchild...in more ways than her brothers ever were (are). Her potential for arrogantly going off into the Dark Side is enormous.

...which is what makes this fic fun to read :cool:

25. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Wow. This story is so amazing.

I can write angst, I can write mush, but one think I CAN'T write is dark K/J. And you do it so well. Brava!

Dana
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.