main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fallen from Grace (Post-SbS, AU dark side K/J); Updated 8/3/10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-Princess-Solo, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediPrincess83

JediPrincess83 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2003
    Awesome post, just awesome! I had to go back and reread it to let it really sink in enough for a review, lol. Talk about phenomenal writing!

2. DarthJaina

DarthJaina Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2002
    Poor Kyp, he's so worried about saving Jaina, he'll probably remain oblivious that he's starting to fall, as well, until he's neck deep in the water, huh?

3. AngelofDarkness

AngelofDarkness Jedi Master star 2

Aug 25, 2002
    Very intense introspective there with Kyp, glad to see he is at least somewhat aware that he is treading on thin ice here with her. I find myself so eager for more after every post, lol, it's like an addiction :p

4. JainaSoloSkywalker

JainaSoloSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2002
    Fantastic read- poor Kyp, as if we didn't know by his thoughts that he was in big trouble, the ending proved it... he knows Tenel Ka is watching Jaina to try and keep her from falling further to the dark side, but he's willing to keep her off Jaina's back solely because Jaina asks him to. Gotta be love, huh? ;)

5. Sword-of_the-Jedi

Sword-of_the-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    In that moment, Kyp had seen a glimpse of what Jaina Solo could become.

And it terrified him.

As it rightly should. She is the granddaughter of Darth Vader, after all, and the one most like Anakin in temperment. And as Jaina herself said in TUF, if she'd continued down that path, she would have made the Kyp who destroyed Carida look like a simple scoundrel.

6. Jaina-Solo-Fel

Jaina-Solo-Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2002
    Chilling and foreboding both. Things are about to get more complicated, just as Kyp predicted.

7. Vaders_Granddaughter

Vaders_Granddaughter Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    You know, with each new post, your opening quote from Shakespeare just seems more and more fitting- and more profound. While Jaina is the seducer, Kyp's downfall is of his own making, really. Lol, at least he'll have some lovin' on the way down :p ;)

8. Goddess-of-Trickery

Goddess-of-Trickery Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2002
    It just keeps getting better :D New post soon?

9. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    Each post is more captivating then the previous one. I'm just in awe of your ability to write fiction. Maybe you should write an original short story and try to get it published.

10. Jedi_Jaina_Fel

Jedi_Jaina_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    You really should look into doing some professional writing, JPS :)

Okay, when's the next post, because I am on the edge of my seat- I had a dream about your fic last night, lol! How pathetic is that? :p Update as soon as you can ;)

11. Trickster_Goddess

Trickster_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    Love makes you weak, lol. I really do feel bad for Kyp in a way, he's just not strong enough to turn and walk away. But if he did that, we'd be missing out on some hot stuff, he he ;)

12. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    JSF, DJ, AoD, TG: He's definitely got his hands full, that's for sure.

DK: He he, keep reading [face_devil]

LP: Yes, I think love might have something to do with it... possibly :p ;)

DS, GAW: Awww [face_blush] Thanks :D

JP83, JSS: Thank you! Yeah, Kyp is starting to tread on very thin ice now... one mis-step here and things could take a turn for the worse... he he.

SotJ: Very true, Jaina is certainly a daughter of Skywalker, and that will become even more clear as the story progresses.

JSF: Complications will be abundent in the coming posts ;)

VG: Oh, he'll get some lovin' all right :p

GoT, JJF: Hopefully the next post will meet your expectations :)

Just got into town this afternoon, but I've managed to get a post worked up, so as soon as I am done with the editing, I will post it for you guys.

~JPS~

13. Jedi-Jaina-Solo-Fel

Jedi-Jaina-Solo-Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2002
    A new post tonight? Awesome! :D This is my favorite story, lol.

14. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002

A gloved hand pressed against the cool surface of the transparisteel, his eyes stared out at the stars in the distance, but he didn't really see them.

He was looking beyond them now, to some great horizon that was just out of sight, searching for answers.

As of late, answers had been few and far between, little more than vague impressions coming to him across the vast expanse of the Force. It was frustrating and disheartening, but he didn't let himself dwell on the absence of clarity, choosing instead to focus on what he was being shown.

A cold breeze in a place of shadows... darkness falling like a veil... light fading into night...

It was not a happy knowledge he had been given.

Drawing back into himself, Luke Skywalker sighed, letting his hand fall from the transparisteel and turning away from the stars beyond it.

"Luke?"

Hearing the concern in her voice, Luke smiled in his wife's direction, a smile that came easier when his gaze fell upon their infant son seated in her lap, playing with lose strands of her fiery red hair.

"It's nothing," he assured her wearily. "I was just thinking."

Mara didn't seem to believe him, her green eyes narrowed in skepticism, but she didn't say anything about it. She was perfectly aware of what had been haunting him as of late, even without the strength of their Force bond, for those same things had been haunting her as well.

The strike mission he'd sent a handful of young Jedi on to Myrkr... the losses they had suffered there... the fall of Coruscant... the close shave they'd had with Ben, nearly losing him to the Yuuzhan Vong... the breaking of their family... the division among the Jedi...

Anakin.

Jacen.

Jaina.

It was the last three that plagued his thoughts the most.

"Oww," Mara cried suddenly, her features twisted into a grimace as she tried to pry a clump of her hair out of Ben's chubby little fist. "Ben, let go of Mommy's hair..."

Despite himself, Luke smiled at the sight, and by the time his wife had untangled her hair from their son's hand, who now looked thoroughly irritated with her for taking away his 'toy', he had to bite his lip to keep from chuckling.

"Now I know why Leia always wore her hair up," Mara muttered.

"I don't think you have the patience to put yours up in those intricate hairstyles that she used to favor," Luke informed her sympathetically, but at the same time he felt a dull ache in his chest. It had been a long time since he'd last seen his sister muster the time or energy to mess with her hair, and now it was cut shorter than he'd ever imagined she could tolerate wearing it, after both she and Jaina had been forced to shave their heads for decontamination on Duro a year prior.

It wasn't just Leia that had changed since the start of this war, though, the entire galaxy was a different place these days.

And he wasn't sure he liked the direction it was heading.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Mara asked him, bouncing Ben on her knee to keep him happy, and if his giggling smile was any indication, her efforts were more than paying off.

"About what?"

Though she didn't take her eyes off of their son, Luke knew he was being glared at through the Force.

"About Anakin?" Mara suggested evenly. "Or about Jacen? Or Jaina?"

For a moment, Luke was overcome by a need to unburden his troubles on her, to spill all of the guilt and grief and fear he was harboring into her hands and beg her to tell him what to do to make it better, to make everything right again.

"No," he said at last. "I don't want to talk about it."

"I see," Mara said, and he recognized the silky undertones as a sign of her displeasure. "Well, that's just too vaping bad, isn't it? Because I want to talk about it. I need to talk about, Luke, and so do you."

Turning away from her, Luke pressed his lips together in a tight line, not wanting to admit the truth of her words. He did need to talk about it, he knew that he did, but the wound was still too fresh and too deep, there hadn't been time to come to terms with i

15. Jedi-Jaina-Solo-Fel

Jedi-Jaina-Solo-Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2002
    Really nice post :) It was cool to see how everyone else, away from Hapes, is reacting to Jaina's fall. Luke's grief was very poignant and deep, precisely what I wish we'd seen more of in the NJO. The Solo kids are as much his children as they are Han and Leia's, so it was wonderful to see him grieving for them. And Mara's guilt at leaving her apprentice to face her demons on her own, but knowing it was the will of the Force, was a beautiful touch.

16. DarthJaina

DarthJaina Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2002
    Poor Luke- he's got a lot on his shoulders right now, doesn't he? I always wondered why he and Mara and Leia didn't stick around on Hapes (I get that they had to go for Ben, but after they could have come back- Jaina was in trouble, right?)... I like your idea that Luke knew he would only push her further away by trying to intervene. It had to be someone like Kyp, someone who understood her and she could connect with w/o feeling like she was being 'told what to do' and all. Lol, of course, in this case, leaving Kyp to handle it alone will undoubtedly have a bad ending [face_devil]

17. Trickster_Goddess

Trickster_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    "Jaina is a Jedi."

"As was my father, once."

Very grim truth there, hmm? Jaina is following in her grandfather's footsteps, in more ways than one, and there's not a thing anyone can do about it, really. Lol, that Skywalker stubbornness is to blame :p ;)

18. JediPrincess83

JediPrincess83 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2003
    Somehow I think Luke will be displeased when he finds out Kyp lets Jaina get away with it, lol. Then again, he did fear Kyp would make the wrong decision... :p Loved that line about 'this is Kyp we're talking about' or whatever, he he, classic Luke.

19. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Jan 10, 2000
    Great job. If only we could have read about this kind of characterization in the NJO, which was more concentrated on rushing off to the next battle instead of letting the characters stop and take stock of their lives, and you'd think that this latter point is something that would have been stressed in a five year series.

20. Sword-of_the-Jedi

Sword-of_the-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    I agree with the Grand Admiral- this emotion and introspection is what was missing in the NJO. It's what makes this story so incredible, because we don't just move from action to action, we get all the deep, twisting emotional rollercoaster turns along the way, too. Keep it up! :D

21. jedi-solo-fel

jedi-solo-fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 27, 2002
    Too bad we didn't see this kind of stuff in the book, huh? I wonder how Luke is going to react when Kyp joins the dark side, too?

22. Darth_Kinwon

Darth_Kinwon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 6, 2004
    Another great post, nice to see what is up with Luke and Mara. When's the next post? :D

23. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    That was very believable dialogue/angst plot. Well done indeed.

24. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Jan 10, 2000
    I'm betting Luke, based upon the dialogue in the last post, would probably dead-pan "I'm not surprised."

25. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    I'll second that bet. [face_plain] Poor Luke. He's really gonna be in bad shape after that. :( Great post, by the way. You did a great job of the L/M interaction without losing the somberness of the situation. More soon, maybe?? :D
    ~*~Austyn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.