main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fallen from Grace (Post-SbS, AU dark side K/J); Updated 8/3/10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-Princess-Solo, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AngelofDarkness

AngelofDarkness Jedi Master star 2

Aug 25, 2002
    You know, I never really stopped to think how Jaina's slide to the dark would affect Mara, but you are right- it had to suck majorly for her. That was her apprentice, her niece and surrogate daughter. Lol, at least she has Ben to fuss over :p ;)

2. JainaSoloSkywalker

JainaSoloSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2002
    I really liked Luke's reflection on the changes in Leia, via her hair, lol. Cute, but very moving at the same time. She really has lost all 3 of her kids, at least for now, and Luke's feeling that same loss.

3. Vaders_Granddaughter

Vaders_Granddaughter Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    Beautiful insight into Luke's thoughts regarding Jaina's fall to the dark side and the loss of the Solo boys. Naturally, he blames himself, even though none of it is his fault... *gives Luke a hug*

4. Jedi_Jaina_Fel

Jedi_Jaina_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    Excellent post :)

I do like that we get to see how events are unfolding elsewhere, how things happening on Hapes are affecting the rest of the Jedi and all. Makes it all the more tragic and the twisting story even more twisted, lol.

5. Goddess-of-Trickery

Goddess-of-Trickery Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2002
    A great read, as always. Poor Luke, he's got a lot on his shoulders, and he's blaming himself for it all- very in character. I'll be looking for the next update :)

6. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    JJSF, GAW, SotJ: I would have liked to see more of that in the NJO, too- I think it's part of what was missing

DJ: He he, seemed like good logic to me anyway ;)

TG: Jaina is certainly her grandfather's granddaughter, that's for sure.

JP83, DK, DI, AoD, JJF: Thanks! Glad you are all enjoying it :D

JSF, GAW, DoF: Lol, well I imagine he won't be too happy about it :p He'll just have to trust in the Force for now, though, and hope things turn out better in the end.

JSS: Leia's one tough lady, isn't she? She gets that from her mother, I would think ;)

VG, GoT: That's our Luke- always blaming himself for everything, lol.

I'm just doing a final bit of editing, then the next post will be going up shortly :)

~JPS~

7. Goddess-of-Trickery

Aug 25, 2002
    A new post soon? That makes my horrible day completely worth it :D

8. JainaSoloSkywalker

Jul 12, 2002
    I second that! :D I was about to head to bed, got an early morning tomorrow, but I think I will stay up for the new post :p

9. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002

It had just been one day.

Upon returning to Hapes, Kyp Durron had taken it upon himself to keep watch over the Hapan pilot as he recovered from his ordeal in a hidden bacta tank, far away from prying eyes, and he had mistakenly believed that Jaina would be able to stay out of trouble for this short period of time, that he could afford to not watch her every move for a little while longer.

After all, it was only a day.

Now trailing Seth, also known as Vanguard Four, into the hangar, Kyp took a few deep breaths, making a halfhearted attempt at a Jedi calming technique, but it did little to diminish the outraged anger coursing through him, and he didn't care in the least.

Jaina! he bellowed through the Force. Get in here this instant!

He continued his furious summons for his 'apprentice' as he powered down his X-wing, vowing to beat some sense into the girl with her own lightsaber if necessary.

It shouldn't have surprised him that she had been sending up pilots, including his pilots, on suicide missions, not after what he'd seen her do on Gallinore just a few days prior, but it had. Some part of him, despite his realization that she was dancing with the dark side, had not believed she could show such a callous disregard for human life.

But now he couldn't help remembering the detachment he'd seen from her in Sinsor Khal's lab, the way she had willingly stood by and watched as the Hapan pirate had been 'tested' to near death and back over and over.

As soon as the Ni'Korish had come out of the bacta tank, Kyp wiped his memories and sent him on his way, ensuring his escape, but he didn't feel nearly as uneasy about releasing a pirate now as he had at the beginning of Jaina's little mission to Gallinore. After everything that Crimpler had endured there, he supposed the man was entitled to do as much pillaging as his greedy little heart wanted.

Jaina! he shouted, projecting his fury in her direction as he vaulted out of his X-wing. Get. In. Here. Now.

"You don't have to shout," a cool female voice called from the wings of the hangar, and he turned to see Jaina calmly striding into the room, indifference and unconcern etched across her soft features, giving her a surprisingly ruthless appearance.

She bypassed Kyp entirely, not even giving him a spare glance, and moved in on Seth as the Hapan pilot made for the doors, clearly anxious to get as far away from here as possible.

"Did you get any?" she asked the surviving pilot, with blatant disregard for the fact that only one of the 'scouts' she had sent up had returned alive.

"One," Seth paused to answer tersely, glancing at Kyp as he passed. "Maybe."

Jaina nodded and turned away, but Kyp grabbed her by the arm and jerked her back to face him, non too gently, and her angry gaze locked with his own. Neither of them spoke, both glaring daggers at one another, and Kyp couldn't help cursing that Solo temperament.

As soon as he'd found time to retreat to his tent in the refugee camp late the night before, he'd found a message waiting for him from none other than Princess Leia herself, which in itself had put him on edge. After hearing her story about the brawl Han had been goaded into by Hapan guards, which had ended when Zekk arrived and knocked them out, and the fractured skull his old friend had suffered for it, Kyp was even more certain that something very wrong was going on here on Hapes.

The fact that Leia had requested he keep a close eye on Jaina only told him that she sensed it, too.

It was a rare thing for Leia Solo to express faith of any kind in him, much less to ask a favor, especially one so important, so Kyp was determined to see her wish done. If he had to flank Jaina every waking moment from here on out, he was more than prepared to do so.

At the moment, though, he would have preferred it if Jaina hadn't inherited her mother's stubbornness.

They continued their staredown for another few heartbeats, and then Jaina looked away. "They're gathering data," she said at last, the first to c

10. Yun-Harla_loves_Jag

Yun-Harla_loves_Jag Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 23, 2004
    did i hear something about a post *sits and waits for a post*

11. JainaSoloSkywalker

Jul 12, 2002
    "I'm sure it's such a hassle being a deity."

"Hey, you think it's easy simultaneously inspiring fear and reverence?" Jaina retorted.

"I imagine it's hard work," Kyp played along, leaning against the coral wall.

"Exhausting, really," Jaina said, tossing a lighthearted grin at him from over the villip. "And the unfortunate thing about being an immortal is there's no retirement plan."
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

LOL! Those two :p

Fantastic post, all around, JPS! Kyp voulenteering to help out with the ship should provide lots of tense future encounters ;)

12. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
  13. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    This is fantastic! I love how you expand on things, like Jaina filling Kyp in. But you're killin' me, Smalls! Where's the K/J mushy stuff?! :p

Dana

14. Goddess-of-Trickery

Aug 25, 2002
    Lol, I get the feeling that Ta'a Chume isn't the only one Jaina is playing games with :p Great post, poor Kyp is definitely in over his head.

15. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    YHLJ: He he, see above :p ;)

JSS: Oh, I think it's safe to say there will be plenty of tension on that ship soon enough... [face_devil] :p

GAW: Thank you :D

DS: Don't worry, I can guarantee some nice K/J mush in the next post ;)

GoT: And you would probably be guessing right :)

~JPS~

16. DarthJaina

DarthJaina Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2002
    He he, great post, I love how things are progressing, Kyp is making concessions he shouldn't be, and I doubt he even realizes it.

17. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Jan 10, 2000
    And the sad thing is that Kyp is only thinking what's best for Jaina--he really is being very noble. Also, its his own past coming back to suck him back into the way he was. Really, I find it so ironic that Kyp's fall is going to be because he's going to be attempting to redeem Jaina, which is something that would give him a great boost to his psyche--perhaps enough to help him move beyond being on this mission of perpetual atonement--but in so getting this boost, he's going to take a big fall.

But at least we won't be miserable and alone. He'll have Jaina and hopefully the two of them will find a level of hapiness they'll be satisfied with.

18. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Jan 10, 2000
  19. Jaina-Solo-Fel

Jaina-Solo-Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2002
    Lol, Jaina's using Ta'a Chume all right, the only question is to what end? :p That always bugged me in DJ where they had her aware that she was being used by the former queen, but she didn't want to believe it.

Missed the last post until now, but it was great, as well- Luke's going to be even more stressed as things get more complicated, I imagine ;)

20. JediPrincess83

JediPrincess83 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2003
    I agree with Dantana- bring on the mush :D Keep up the awesome work, this is my favorite story right now, he he.

21. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    DS: Don't worry, I can guarantee some nice K/J mush in the next post

[Homer]Woohoo![/Homer]

I need some good K/J mush, I've been feeling hideously depressed.

Dana

22. Vaders_Granddaughter

Vaders_Granddaughter Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    "Stop calling my ship a 'hunk of rock'." You tell him, Jaya :p More soon? I am dying for more of this one, lol.

23. Jedi_Jaina_Fel

Jedi_Jaina_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    I have never liked Ta'a Chume, she makes me want someone to just smack her, but I was amused that she thinks she's superior to Kyp, and to Jaina. Doesn't she realize that two of the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy aren't going to take kindly to her trying to use them as pawns? Poor, deranged old woman... delusions of grandeur, that's what it is ;)

24. Trickster_Goddess

Trickster_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    He he, loved the opening bit about 'it was only one day', lol! Kyp, you should know that our Jaina is a resourceful girl- she can get all sorts of mischief done in a single day :p ;)

25. Sword-of_the-Jedi

Sword-of_the-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    Excellent post! :D Can we get another soon? Please? Pretty please? [face_pleading]

SWORD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.