main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Fallen - Obi-Wan *Updated 5/8/16 New Post!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by serendipityaey, Nov 12, 2013.

1. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Fighting and making up!!:p Perfect, I loved it. :)

2. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Ha, he beat her down and then she fell into his arms. Lovely.:cool:

3. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Hey! The most sincere and loving thank you to you all for reading this story and for the nominations I received in Best Author, Best Original Relationship and Best Original Character. I can't tell you in words how much that means to me to have Aala, and Obi-Wan and Aala recognized in that way. A million hugs and kisses!!! Please check out the excerpts at http://boards.theforce.net/threads/2016-fan-fiction-awards-excerpts-and-synopses-thread-for-before-saga-and-the-random-award.50040133/ [face_love]

Haha, that's awesome! I love the snark in this chapter, I am so so happy you enjoyed it too! And what's better than snark to spark some heat? Thank you so much for continuing to be one of the awesomest people on this planet and the next [:D]

My thoughts exactly! Haha, thank you so much! :D

Well, I'd say perhaps he beat down her walls, not *her* lol ;) I think just maybe she will always fall into his arms. It's where she belongs in the end. Thank you for all your continued support! @};-@};-

4. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Heyyy!! Hope you are all well! Hugs and kisses, Happy Mother's Day, here's some sweet Obi-wan [:D]@};- @AzureAngel2 @EGKenobi @ZaraValinor @Nyota's Heart @Gkilkenny @Mira_Jade JediMaster_Jen

I really love this part everyone, I hope you like it too!

Night 2

The bar was quiet. If possible, even quieter than the night before. And for that, Aala had to admit, she was grateful. They had not slept that morning; it had seemed grossly unimportant at the time...

The corner of her mouth quirked with the beginnings of a happy smile, interrupted by a wide yawn which she tried to hide behind the back of her hand. She stood cleaning glasses at the sink below the bar and replacing them on the rack hanging from shelves of liquor.

“You didn’t break one of my rules last night, did you?” The low, slightly rough voice of Vo came from behind her.

“Remind me which rule might I have broken?” she asked, turning around to look up at his tall, thin form.

He smirked back at her. “Never go home with the customers. They won’t buy the liquor if they can get the... barmaid for free.”

She laughed out loud at his own personal twist on the old adage. “Of course not,” she grinned. “I’m not that kind of girl.”

“Good. Then you’re my kind of girl.”

Aala turned back to the sink smiling. I could get used to this, she thought. Making a straightforward, honest... well, honest enough... living. Going home with ‘Ben’ every night and waking up with him in the morning. It was so simple, and so different from anything either of them had ever experienced. Did people actually live like this?

Vo’s deep chuckle broke Aala from her musings. “Exhibit A,” he said.

“Hm?” she questioned.

“Humans,” he muttered. “Fascinating. They love the chase.”

Aala turned just in time to see Obi-Wan walk by, his gaze flicking to her for a brief second.

“That one was watching you all night. I’ve been in this business long enough to know when a man wants something. And you treated him like a bothersome heap of bantha fodder. I was going to suggest you let up on him, but it seems you know what you’re doing.” He chuckled again.

Aala shrugged, trying to keep her amusement from showing. “He rubbed me the wrong way.” She stopped what she was doing to watch him as he sat down. His hand was at his jaw, smoothing over the rough stubble, no doubt still getting used to the feel of not having a beard.

A sudden memory of him brushing his roughened cheek across her thigh as his lips trailed over sensitive skin flashed through her mind and she felt her cheeks flush. “Maybe I’ll give him a second chance. He is sort of nice looking...”

“Just remember,” Vo said, a touch of skepticism narrowing his eyes.

“Don’t worry.” She picked up her tray, starting to head for his table. “I guarantee, as long as I’m here, he’ll be back tomorrow.”

Obi-Wan was sitting at the same table he had been at the night before and Aala couldn’t help the flirty smile that came to her face and the bounce in her step as she approached him. “What can I getcha?” she asked, running one hand through her long hair to push it away from her face.

He followed her movements with plain desire in his eyes. “I think I’ll have to start with a strong cup of caf,” he said as he grinned up at her. “Didn’t get much sleep.”

“Sorry about that,” she replied, her words teasing. They still hadn’t talked, not really, but Aala felt completely different. She realized now that she had been under so much stress, personally and professionally, and she’d let the uncertainty and anxiety of the situation take over her emotions.

Being in his arms again reminded her why it was worth it to take this chance. They had reconnected in a deep way that she had never expected and she allowed herself to take comfort in knowing he was by her side, always, in whatever way he was able, instead of feeling stifled by it.

“And something to eat,” he added. “Anything edible.”

“You got it, sweetheart,” she winked at him. Yes, this was definitely something she could get used to.

Returning to the bar, she found it had seemed to pick up a bit and Vo was busy with a few customers now sitting there, but he stopped to speak with her when she approached.

As his eyes shifted over her shoulder to Obi-Wan, and then back to her, she realized she probably still had a silly grin on her face. Kriff, he’s perceptive, she thought to herself as she tamped down her cheer and made a concentrated effort to keep thoughts of Obi-Wan from her mind. Staring up at Vo, she tried to give him a good impression of ‘innocent’ and he seemed to accept it for the time being, rattling off a list of supplies he wanted her to get from the back.

In the storage room, she managed to collect everything Vo needed except one bottle of expensive Alderaanian wine, her favorite actually, that sat on the highest shelf. She was sure Vo would have no problem reaching it, but she could only manage to brush the tips of her fingers against the bottom curve the bottle.

“Darn,” she muttered, rising to her tip toes and stretching as far as she could. Maybe I could knock it down and catch it...

Suddenly a warm, hard body pressed up to her from behind and one masculine hand appeared in her line of vision reaching out alongside her own and it was all she could do not to yelp in startled surprise.

Kriff !” she exclaimed, whipping around to find Obi-Wan with a disarming smile and an amused expression on his face as he held out the bottle of wine for her.

“What are you doing?” she demanded, grabbing the bottle from him.

“Helping you,” he replied. “Actually,” he checked himself. “I came to see what you were doing. Beyond just a touch of distress,” he frowned as he stopped to think, “I couldn’t sense you at all. Are you blocking me?”

Aala blinked. “I don’t know. I was trying not to think of you.”

“Odd. Why is that?” he asked, perplexed.

“I think Vo might be starting to suspect something. I hope he didn’t see you follow me in here.”

“Of course not.” Obi-Wan replied. “I’m a –”

Aala pressed her lips to his, then smiled and patted his chest affectionately. “Don’t say it,” she advised and she left him in the storage room, much the same as she had the night before.

“I feel old.” Aala sighed.

“If you’re old...” Obi-Wan murmured, “that means I’m even older.”

She couldn’t help but giggle as soft strands of his hair brushed across the bottom of her rib cage and she ran her fingers across his scalp. “This new look makes you look younger. If you dyed it a little, you wouldn’t look a day over thirty.”

He turned on the bed to meet her gaze, resting his weight on his forearms and his chin on her stomach. He smiled at her with that glint in his eyes she’d never grow tired of. “And that’s saying something,” he added.

She smiled back. Thirty ... She hadn’t blinked an eye when she turned thirty, but she couldn’t say if it had bothered or not – her evasive techniques were unparalleled – but now, lying in this bed, she felt like she could hardly move, and the two of them hadn’t done anything more than take their clothes off, and not even all of them at that.

Shifting a little on the crumpled sheet, she stretched one arm out, folding it behind her head, the fingers of her other hand slowing to a gentle stroke through his soft hair. “I suppose getting older doesn’t matter as much when you can’t have children.”

“In what way do you mean?” Obi-Wan asked, his voice quiet.

“Oh, you know...” She shrugged her shoulders. “You don’t have to worry about having a baby before it’s too late or how old you’ll be when she moves out...”

He seemed to be deep in thought and his fingers, which had been drawing circles around her navel, fell in line with her scar, tracing it around her side to where it disappeared beneath her, then back up again to her stomach.

She squirmed, but she didn’t pull away from him. “I wish you wouldn’t do that,” she muttered.

“Why?” he asked softly.

“It’s so ugly.”

His lips dropped to the thin, raised line that marred her smooth, pale skin, and he feathered a tender kiss there. “It’s not so bad. It fades more every day.”

“Liar.”

“I don’t lie.”

“Right.”

“Aala,” he raised his head to look at her again, “it has faded.”

“So, it was ugly before?”

His answer was quiet and careful. “I wish you would admit to yourself how much it bothers you.”

She knew it had been ugly before – she’d seen it in the mirror once, right after it had happened, when the skin had been puckered, an angry deep red color and the cut jagged around her body. Of course she knew it looked different now, a straight and narrow white line, but she avoided it all the same.

“I guess it isn’t that bad,” she conceded, “you are the only one that has to look at it.”

“Not the scar, Aala. The fact that you can’t have children.”

Aala was quiet for a long time. She caught his hand from where it rested on her stomach and brushed her thumb across his knuckles, thinking. “When it happened, I was so young. My whole little world was completely shaken up. Not having children was the farthest thing from my mind.

“I had always said I didn’t want children, anyway.” She paused, a soft sigh escaping. “I don’t know when it changed.”

“Was it because of him?”

“No,” she said, her tone firm. Turning to her side, she propped her head on her hand, and he shifted to mirror her position.

“No,” she said again, softer, shaking her head. “There was a time, right after he left me, that I believed that – that there was something wrong with me. Happiness seemed like it had been a stranger for a very long time.” For a moment, she thought about what he had told her in the diner, about never getting that chance to be happy.

“And I guess there was a part of me that did feel like I had done something wrong, and that I didn’t deserve to be happy,” her words were cautious, and she looked at him with as much openness as she could manage, hoping he would see that what he had said did not still upset her.

“Aala, I didn’t –”

“It’s alright. I know that’s what you were thinking.”

“I didn’t mean it to sound so harsh.”

“It was true, at one time. And sometimes I think I do let it start to creep up on me again.

“But then you came along,” she gave him a sad smile. “And I still couldn’t have a family. Not with the person I would choose. You can’t argue, it certainly seems like I wasn’t meant to.”

She was quiet again, for a few peaceful moments and he reached out to her, brushing her long hair back from her face, pushing it behind her ear and over her shoulder.

And then she let out a heavy sigh. “I don’t know how I feel. I guess I – I am disappointed. And I need to let that go. But I’m not – that doesn’t mean I’m settling, for you... You’re the best...” She didn’t finish her thought, but she didn’t need to. The solace on his face told her he understood.

“Aala,” he started, his expression turning serious, “when this war is over, I have every intention of... reevaluating.”

“That’s cryptic of you,” and she laughed softly at his look of displeasure. “Whatever decision this ‘evaluation’ brings you to, you’ll still be a Jedi.”

She ran her fingers across his brow, smoothing the worry lines and he caught her hand in his own. “You’re important to me, Aala. I want you to know that. I’ve realized how deeply I care for you, and I’m not going to waste any energy worrying about hiding that from anyone. Any moment we’re able to have together – that’s what makes everything else worth it.”

She studied him for a few long moments. “It’s horribly selfish of you to get my hopes up like this,” she teased.

“So, you do want the same thing.”

She smiled, shaking her head. “I want you,” she said quietly, that same smile on her face. “Any way I can get you.”

He smiled back, his eyes twinkling and his laugh lines crinkling in the most handsome way. Shifting again on the bed, he snaked his arm around her waist and leaned close to kiss her.

After a short, sweet meeting of their lips, she pressed her palm to his chest, grinning. “But not tonight. I’m exhausted.”

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Delightful! Their contentment with one another and serenity as to the rightness of being together :) reflected sweetly in how Aala was feeling and how warmly confiding she is. :D

I also like how open and honest he was with her - saying that she was important and nothing would change that essential fact. [face_dancing]

Everything you write (in any fandom) is so tender and so gorgeous. It sinks down into my bones like a bunch of happy. LOL

^:)^

AzureAngel2 and serendipityaey like this.
  6. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Yes Congratulations for the noms, serendipityaey its nice to know your stories are well received.=D=

Vo can see right through her silly grin. And poor baby is too tired for another round with the dashing Ben. I wouldn't be. :D:D

7. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Love that he acknowledges how important she is to him.:)

8. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I like your playful, cheeky Obi-Wan. Together they are quite an item! [face_love]