main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~ Falling ~ A darkish Jahiri saga *UPDATE 29/3*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tahiri_Rose, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahiri_Rose

Tahiri_Rose Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2004
    Falling

A not always, well very rarely happy Jahiri saga of their relationship which spans years and galaxy's

Author's rather to long but necessary note

I, being of very little persistance when it comes to writing, came across the FanFic 100 challenge on another site in which you get given 100 words and have to write 100 fanfics over over 100 words each on a particular paring or character. So to inspire me I decided to take on the challenge with my very AU pairing Jacen Solo and Tahiri Velia.

This saga takes place in a time around that of the Joiner King but does not contain any of that in it, apart from Allanah (just too good a plot bunny to ignore). It tells the story of Jacen and Tahiri's rather tragic and epic relationship. At the moment most of what I've written are just feeling based peices but there is an over arching story in my mind and hopefully one day I will get around to ordering these little snippets into the larger scheme of things.

These are all unbeta-ed so all mistakes are mine and if you notice a gramatical or spelling error please feel free to draw my attention to them.

Tahiri Rose

2. Tahiri_Rose

Jan 22, 2004
    Sometimes its Months - Tahiri

Sometimes it?s months before they see each other again. Months in which she thinks she is free, moved on, changed. After the first month her first genuine smile appears. After the second she starts laughing again. After the third she begins to believe what she said when they parted, begins to have faith in her ability to resist him when, if ?when, he returns. During these times she can laugh at Valin?s jokes without instantly feeling guilty, have hushed heart ? to ? hearts with Jysella without feeling like a betrayer. She can look Mara in the eye and doesn?t flinch when Luke enters the room. She talks to Han and Leia and even occasionally to Jaina, though that is always dangerous. She stops spending hours in the fresher trying to feel clean again.

She doesn?t know what he does in these months. She doesn?t want to know. Yet a morbid voice inside is always talking, telling her that he is with his daughter, with her , scouring the galaxy for anything, everything. The voice never tells her he is thinking of her. She doesn?t fit into his life, not in that way. She doesn?t know if she wants to. She has her place, if she is content to stay there. It should be enough, she should be happy. She should forget him, forget both of them, and move on.

Sometimes it?s months before he contacts her again.

Sometimes it?s months before they see each other again in a room somewhere no-one will think to look for them.

Sometimes it?s months in which she can enjoy life. Tell herself she is happy and fixed.

Sometimes it?s months.

Prompt: Months

3. Tahiri_Rose

Jan 22, 2004
    Musings - Jacen

Her hair smells like rain. It?s a strange smell to associate with someone who comes from a desert planet but he does.

He smells it when she?s asleep in his arms. She doesn?t let him smell it at other times. She?s too tense, to guilty, for such an intimate and caring gesture. He thinks its strange the lines that she?s drawn and wonders what part Valin plays in them.

He thinks in some ways he loves her, she is after all his dead brother?s girlfriend who was essentially adopted into the Solo clan. He knows Jaina is slowly coming to view her as a sister and that his parents view her as a daughter.

He?s not sure in what way he loves her. The fact that he?s sleeping in her bed now shows that it?s not just a platonic brotherly love but nor is he here purely out of need. His carefully constructed world was torn down by Vergne and he is still struggling to come to terms with it. He gets the theory, she saw to that, but how it should impact his life is another question.

He doesn?t know why he lies awake and contemplates these issues, he only does it with her. Maybe she provides the security he needs to confront his inner fears. Slowly he lays his head back down and gets lost in the smell of the rain.

Promt: Smell

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    These are lovely! =D= I look forward to more!

5. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    I'm more of a Jacen/Tenel Ka shipper, but I really enjoyed reading this so far.
    You've done a good job and I like the smell desription. Like rain.... [face_love] Beautiful! =D=

6. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    I"m all aquiver with excitement!

More JAHIRI!!!!!!!!

It's so nice to not be the only one anymore...or one of four anyway.

Wonderful! Wonderful!

I so love the posibbilities for tragic emotion between these tow. They are walking talking angst encapsulated.

I love how you touched on their jealousies, his of Valin and her's of Tenel Ka subtle but so true to character as they wre written in the era (though thank you for excluding the bugs).

I really hope there is more.

PregMe'

*rushes off to let JediAnt know there are more of us!*

7. Tahiri_Rose

Jan 22, 2004
    Wow, It's nice to know that there are people reading these!![:D] Hugs all round! [:D]

VaderLVR64 :) Thanks for the encouragement, I have a few more written and hopefully more soon!

ChillaWow, thanks for dropping in even though you are a J/TK Shipper. Thanks for the encouragement!

PregantpadmeYay, it's nice to see someone else who share's the Jahiri love ... how could you love anything else [face_batting].

And I totally agree with the angst statement, they have so much in common, losing Anakin, Vong captivity and indoctrination that I really can't see them have some meaningful interaction. I don't know if they would ever be able to make it work but there will be angst in the meantime. [face_mischief]

Thank you so much for you compliment on their characterisation. It means a lot comming from someone of your writing prowess, (I will admit to lurking the past few weeks [face_blush]) and also the fact that I haven't actually read any of the Legacy Books.

I hope to have more written soon. I have a couple more I will be posting gradually as I get happier with them and then hopefully I get on a writing roll.

Thanks again[:D]

Tahiri Rose

Edits because markup's are evil and my grammer is bad

8. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    AH! AHA!!!!!!!!!!

ROSE!!!!

I knew I knew this!

And you, and I'm thrilled to hear you've been lurking, though please feel free to delurk and give an opinion, good or bad.

I've spent so much energy giving voice to Kyp and Jysella's angst over the past couple of weeks...that I have left Jacen and Tahiri in the dust and now am looking for inspiration so please keep these coming, they've been great so far.

PregMe'

9. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    Yay! Another Jahiri fic!!! :D

Thanks for letting me know about this one, PregMe...it's so nice to see more popping up all over the place!!!

Let me know when you update this one, Tahiri Rose...I'd like to see more!

Ant.
    ]-}

10. Tahiri_Rose

Jan 22, 2004
    More people [:D]

PregMeI have been intending on delurking but time has been disapearing lately, hopefully this will inspire you to write more Jahiri

Jedi-AntAnother reader [face_grin, and I shall PM you.

If anyone else wants on the PM list just let me know.

And onto the post.

This is a short piece told from Jania's perspective. It is meant to have a companion piece told from either Tahiri or Jacen's perspective which will actually include dialogue, but as all dialouge I write tends to sound like a wooden board it is not yet written, but hopefully soon![face_praying]

Observer - Jania

She watches their relationship from the outsides just as she now watches her twin talking to a woman whom she has come to regard as her sister. Jacen is pacing back and forth while Tahiri sits on a bench slightly facing away from him. She can?t hear their conversation and is not all together sure whether that is a good or bad thing. She can tell that they?re arguing, though that is not difficult. Jacen is tense and Tahiri resigned.

She worries about Jacen, about the path that he?s on. His actions have turned increasingly dark. She wonders how much of this is to do with his relationships with women. Tenal Ka got him to sleep with her so she could conceive Allana and his relationship with Tahiri could hardly be called healthy.

Movement caught her eye and drew her attention to the tableau in front of her. Jacen was now standing still his hand gasping Tahiri?s wrist. She was also standing, her other had curled protectively across her stomach.

One phrase drifts across the air to Jaina. ?When were you intending on telling me?? Their conversation fades back to its previous volume, but apparently with more intensity, before Jacen turns and storms away. She catches a flash of his pain through the twin-bond before he shuts it tight again.

She?d watched their relationship from the outsides, its logical that she would see its end.

Promt: Outsides

11. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    I LOVE this one!

The idea of Jaina knowing, the idea of J and T being so absorbed in their twisted-ness that they have no idea that anyone is on to them...and of course the idea of a Jahaby! Plus, the idea that Tahiri is so conflicted and would consider not telling Jacen that he's fathered ANOTHER illegitimate baby....ahhhhhh...good stuff.

Please keep them coming and I am working on the next Fear and Love update now and am trying to work Jahiri into it.

PregMe'

12. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Great job, T_Rose!!! @};-

I really liked reading Jaina's P.O.V. on the J/T relationship...and I agree with PregMe...any update that spawns a "Jahaby" is a good one!!!

And, if you inspired PregMe to put some Jahiri in her next update, it's even better!!!

I can't wait to see what happens when you write the Jahiri dialogue!!!

Thanks for the PM!

Ant.
    ]-}

13. JediMasterArmada

JediMasterArmada Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2006
    Ooh, I like it.

You've done a great job with the characterizations and describing their thoughts. I do have to say that I agree with Ant and PregMe that a Jahaby is a very good thing. *nods*

Great job. =D= If you have a PM list please add me to it.

Armada

14. Tahiri_Rose

Jan 22, 2004
    Responses

Pregme

I'm so glad that you are enjoying this!! It was good to write them how they are seen, rather than their thoughts, challenged me a bit. The 'Jahaby' ... more will be forth comming about that, and, when I get round to writing it, Insides should be more about Tahiri and Jacen's reactions.

And more JAHIRI in Fear and Love please, if you keep writing I will[face_batting].

Jedi-Ant

Thanks for you encouragement again! And I have started on Insideswhich has Jahiri dialouge, so hopefully an update soon

JediMasterArmada
    New Reader!! [:D]

I'm glad everyone seems to like the idea of a Jahaby is a good thing!! And I shall add you to my PM list

so far on my PM list I have
    Jedi-Ant
    JediMasterArmada

Rose

15. Tahiri_Rose

Jan 22, 2004
    Hey all

Insides, the compaion peace to Observer is half done but Jacen is just not cooperating and I am working all this week and Uni goes back the week after so I will be busy. I will try to have it done soon, but to tide you over here is another angsty Tahiri piece.

Forgetting- Tahiri

The taste of the drink is bitter on my tongue but I ignore it, almost relishing the burn as it goes down. I remember the first time Han gave me one of these I spat it up all over the counter. Han laughed and whacked me on the back and said one day I would get used to it. Sadly he was right. It?s not the taste you drink it for anyway. The burn is also a secondary pleasure. It?s numbness I desire. A brief respite from the pain, from the hell my life has become. It?s all those damn Solo?s and their damn ? pull. I don?t know quite how to describe it but anyone whose been caught in it will know what I?m talking about. That ? thing ? that makes you do their bidding, that pulls you in even after you think you are free? But never mind, I?ll only make myself angry on that line of thought.

I know Jaina worries about me, and my drinking. She often scolds me, tries to subtly divert me to something else, fails miserably on the subtly and generally on the diverting, or failing that gives me despairing looks she thinks I don?t see. Jaina is the only one who knows of our ? liaison, though she only thinks its happened once. I didn?t have the heart to break it to her how truly screwed up we are. Yes I said are, I know that he?s not going to stay away and I am not strong enough to turn him down. I pick up the drink and slam it down my now protesting throat.

16. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Ooh...interesting to hear Tahiri's thoughts on her "relationship" with Jacen...

It's a little sad that the situation has turned her to alcohol...that can't be good for the Jahaby!!! [face_worried]:(

Thanks for the PM! [:D]

Ant.
    ]-}

17. JediMasterArmada

JediMasterArmada Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2006
    Tahiri shouldn't be drinking, it's not good for the baby.

I like hearing Tahiri's thoughts on her relationship with Jacen. I wonder what would happen if she told Jaina that it didn't only happen once.

I really like this. Great Update!

Armada

18. Tahiri_Rose

Jan 22, 2004
    *dashes into thread*

Hi guys, sorry I have been so long in updating and responding. My life has just been busy at the moment with Uni starting back this week and juggling two jobs as well. I promise that the next update is over halfway done. Jacen has been giving me a few problems, he just doesn't seem to want to come to terms with the situation ... but hopefully within the week it'll be done.

Also another thing I should mention is that my brain has a severe aversion to writing chronologically so things may become a bit disjointed. Forgettingactually takes place before Observerso there is no Jahaby at that point in time. In future I will hopefully remember to tell you when it is in relation to the others so sorry[face_blush].

Moving onto responses

Ant

I'm glad you liked my foray into Tahiri's mind, and it is sad that she drinks now, but with these two I think the angst just gets to them occasionally. Hope you keep on reading [:D]

Armada

Glad you enjoyed it, and I'm sure I'll get around to some more Jaina pieces soon.

Thanks again guys for reading [:D]

Rose

19. Tahiri_Rose

Jan 22, 2004
    Hi Guys [:D]

I'm alive ... really I am, it's just that I forgot how busy my life gets when everything is on and I haven't had the time to even think for myself these past few weeks. I haven't finshed this part but I thought I'd post half and hopefully will have the second half up soon. :D

This is the first half of the compainon piece to Observer

Meeting - Tahiri

I?ve been dreading this conversation ever since I?ve known it must occur. I guess that?s why I brought Jaina along as moral support. A thousand scenarios have played through my mind. I?d even seriously entertained stealing a ship and vanishing from known space. If there were a ship to steal now I?d leave. Which is probably why I?ve avoided any places where I might be tempted. I smile wanly at Jaina and move into the grove where I said we?d meet. Felling a bit woozy I sit on the bench.

I feel him coming before I see him. Somehow in all of this I have become keenly attuned to his force sense. He walks in and I slam up my mental barriers. I don?t want him to sense anything, who knows what he might do. He walks in and my heart involuntarily jumps. Down I tell it firmly. I must not get distracted. I smile weakly and manage a ?Hey? before he bluntly comes out and asks ?What is this about?

?We can?t do this any more.? The words sound weak and repetitive to my own ears

?You always start with that, what do you think has changed this time?? Everything but I can?t say that

?Oh and why did you bring Jaina along?? Drat, I don?t know why I was thinking that he wouldn?t notice his twins close proximity. I was floundering and he was moving closer. Somehow I always found my capacity to think rationally inversely proportional to the distance between us.

?Its just? I pause still digging for words ?Things have ? changed now,? again searching ?This ? its just going to hurt more people? Jacen walks over and leans down so his face is level with my ear. Again rational thought flees.

?Do you really? he almost whispers ?really truly want to end this Tahiri.? I shiver and try to think of why I was here, why I brought Jaina.

?Yes? even though my heart protests. He stands up and starts pacing, tension visible through his shoulders. I know the mental leap he is about to make.

?It?s Valin.? He says it with a cool certainty and I am tempted to leave him with that conclusion. ?So, he finally got up the nerve to ask you out? his voice is mocking ?or perhaps he even proposed. Do you think he would still love you if he knew you like I do. I know you Tahiri, better than anyone else.? Sick of hearing this, not willing to be talked down to by a man all say is falling dark I react.

?If you must know it is not Valin, and yes he still would love me, because he can forgive. What hope do we have, you have a daughter and other responsibilities. Do you think anyone would accept what we have, understand it. Do you know what they would say about me, about you? Can you truly offer me anything?? As I stand to leave he reaches out and grabs my wrist.

Promt: Insides

The second half is going to be from Jacen's POV if he ever starts co-operating.

Thanks for Reading

Rose

20. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Ooh...glad you're back, Rose! :D I've been missing my Jahiriness [face_love]

?We can?t do this any more.? The words sound weak and repetitive to my own ears

No, don't say that, Tahiri! :eek: Jacen is the only one for you (except Anakin, but he's dead) :p

Jacen walks over and leans down so his face is level with my ear. Again rational thought flees.

?Do you really? he almost whispers ?really truly want to end this Tahiri.? I shiver and try to think of why I was here, why I brought Jaina.

Oh! *shivers along with Tahiri*

Just the thought of Jacen Solo whispering in her ear gives me goosebumps!
    [face_love]

?Yes? even though my heart protests. He stands up and starts pacing, tension visible through his shoulders. I know the mental leap he is about to make.

Oh, the pain! Jacen must truly love her, I think...but then again, who wouldn't love Tahiri? She's great! :D

Sick of hearing this, not willing to be talked down to by a man all say is falling dark I react.

:eek: Dark Jacen? I just fell even more in love with this 'fic. [face_love] If there's anything I love more than Jacen...it's Dark Jacen [face_dancing]

Will there be dark Tahiri to go along with this dark Jacen of yours? Perhaps Dark Jahiri??

[face_batting]

I live in hope.

As I stand to leave he reaches out and grabs my wrist.

:eek:

He can't stand to see her go! I hope he doesn't do anything rash, though.

[face_worried]

The second half is going to be from Jacen's POV if he ever starts co-operating.

Ooh...I can't wait for that! :D It would be nice to hear his thoughts on exactly how he feels about Tahiri...

Thanks for the PM and the great update! :) Looking forward to more.

Ant.
    ]-}

21. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    =D=
    Yeah for Tahiri standing up for herself!!!!

:(
    For Jacen going dark...even if he is hot doing it.

I can't wait to read the next one. I can't wait to read Jacen's POV.

PregMe'

22. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    I Like. Update soon please!:D

23. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    This is fabulous. Has Jacen started to cooperate yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.