main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Falling and Fallen (Post-Rebel Dream, Jaina/Jag AU)--Completed 7/25 (Epilogue and a note)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Leah-Beth, Jun 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leah-Beth

Leah-Beth Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Another Jaina/Jag. It takes place after For the Time Being, and ignores Rebel Stand. Anyways, I'll post more when I get some replies. Here's the beginning:

Jaina Solo stared out the window of her quarters at the scorched landscape surrounding the old biotics building. This planet used to be beautiful, once upon a time, she thought to herself. Now, it's just another casualty of war, like Sernpidal and Ithor. If she stretched her sight to its limits, she thought that she could see vegetation on the far horizon.

Her comlink began to beep and Jaina dug it out of her pocket. She flicked it on with her thumb and held it up to her mouth. "Solo here."

"It's Dad," Jaina heard through the tiny device. Her father's voice was very tinny. "Wedge wants you down here in the main conference room ASAP. It's about Shelter."

A lump of dread began to form in the pit of Jaina's stomach. The way her father had spoken could only mean that something was wrong. "On my way," she replied, taking care to keep all emotion out of her voice. She thumbed off the comlink and grabbed her jacket as she fairly sprinted out the door.

Jaina arrived at the conference room in record time. She pushed her hair out of her face, which she had left down from its customary braid. The young pilot entered and sat down next to Gavin Darklighter and the other squadron leaders. In a matter of minutes, everyone else arrived and were seated around the large room. Wedge Antilles began the briefing.

"Okay people, we have a situation. Early this morning, sensors picked up another worldship at the edges of the system." As the general spoke, a hologram came online behind him, showing the location of this new Yuuzhan Vong vessel. "We have reason to believe that this is the Warmaster's worldship." Wedge paused, looking around the room. He nodded to Jaina, who had her hand raised.

"Not to be disrespectful, but how do you figure that?" she asked, curiosity evident in her voice.

"First of all, the worldship that we believe houses the Warmaster disappeared from Courscant orbit last night. In the approximate time that it would take a vessel of that size to travel this far, the worldship showed up here. Secondly, ever since the Jedi strike team has gotten back from Myrkr, we've known that the Vong were after you, Lieutenant Solo. We've made it no secret that you're here. It makes sense that the Warmaster would come after you personally.

"And third," Wedge paused, making eye contact with Jaina," you mother sensed your brother on board that ship."

Jaina's eyes widened in shock. How could Mom feel Jacen when I didn't? she wondered incredulously. He's my twin! That'd be like me being able to sense Uncle Luke, but Mom having no clue. It's impossible! Jaina nodded and Wedge continued.

"I want everyone on standby alert. We know that the Vong will strike at us, but we can't anticipate when. Individual squadron leaders and ship captains will receive their orders within the hour. Dismissed." Jaina rose along with everyone else, but stopped when she heard her name. "Lieutenant Solo, I'd like to speak with you," Wedge said.

She moved against the flow of people to the head of the room. Her parents, Lando and Tendra Calrissian, Tycho Celchu, and Wedge and Iella Antilles were sitting around the huge table there. Jaina seated herself in the only empty seat, directly across from Wedge.

"I was told that that was about Shelter, not my brother," she stated icily, not looking at anyone but Wedge. "Why was I lied to?"

Wedge didn't hesitate. "We didn't lie to you. We just didn't tell you the full truth." He paused to take a deep breath, then continued. "We have reason to believe that the Vong might try to navigate the Maw. If they do, they'll most certainly stumble upon Shelter. Your assignment is to take Twin Suns Squadron and protect Shelter," Wedge stated. "I know that you would rather be here to help your brother--"

"Damn straight."

"--but if you

2. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Yay! You're posting it here now! :D

3. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Yeah, I figured I might as well. I might get some more readers this way. Here's the next part for ya, Jade.

Jag Fel was doing routine maintenance on his TIE clawcraft when he felt a tap on his shoulder. This startled him, but he tried not to let it show. The young pilot turned around to come face-to-face with his uncle. Wedge Antilles and Jag's mother, Syal, were brother and sister, but hadn't seen each other in years. In fact, Jag had only met his famous uncle less than two years ago.

"General." Jag saluted smartly to the shorter Corellian. Wedge returned his salute, and Jag fell into a formal military stance.

"I'm here as your uncle, Jag," Wedge stated. "Let's speak on equal terms, but not here."

"Then where?" Jag asked, puzzled by his uncle's strange behavior.

"Follow me," Wedge said. Jag did as commanded. The two men didn't speak at all while in transit. Suddenly, they stopped and Jag was surprised to find them outside Wedge and Iella Antilles' quarters. Wedge entered the access code and preceded Jag into the room. The older man went and sat down in a chair in a small conversation circle in the corner of the room. Jag followed and sat down across from his uncle, wondering the whole time about the general's behavior.

Once Jag was settled, Wedge began. "Two weeks ago, Jaina and Kyp defied orders to save you from the Vong. Afterwards, when you and I were discussing it, I told you that I would get my answers later. I think that today, I might have been granted an answer."

"Might I ask: an answer to what?" Jag asked.

Wedge locked his brown eyes on his nephews green ones. "An answer as to why Jaina defied orders, why you came in her place to speak with me, why you didn't want her to be reprimanded."

"And what did you find, sir?" Jag asked, reverting to formal speak with his high anxiety level.

"Something that I'm sure you both know, but haven't admitted to yet," Wedge answered elusively. He regarded his nephew for a moment before continuing. "You really love her, don't you?"

This statement caught Jag off-guard, and this time, he couldn't hide his surprise. His shock shown evident on his face and in his eyes. It took the young man a moment to regain his voice. "Yes," he answered his uncle quietly, adverting his eyes. "Yes, I do."

Wedge regarded the younger man for a few more silent moments. Finally, he spoke. "Look, I know that you're not comfortable discussing this with me. To tell you the truth, I'm not all that comfortable with it either. But, I have a little advice for you. Talk to Jaina. Don't put it off, because if you do, you might never get the chance to."

Jag nodded, then stood up. "Thank you, Uncle," he said before moving across the room and exiting the older man's quarters.

Wedge watched his nephew depart. "Gook luck, Fel. You're gonna need it."

4. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    Yay! Falling and Fallen is here now, too :D

5. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Of course! I've decided to put all my SW stuff up here. Might get me some new readers. :) At least that's what I hope.

6. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    I'm sure it will :) This story is the best :D

7. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Maybe if I put more up, I'll get more replies.

Jaina stared out across the barren landscape of Borleias. After the briefing in the conference room, Jaina had need to clear her head, so she had headed up to the roof of the biotics building. She now found herself leaning against a protrusion in the roof.

She suddenly felt nostalgic. She missed her old life: training on Yavin 4, being with her friends all the time, the childish innocence they had all seemed to possess. She missed her brothers so much that she felt it as a physical pain in her gut.

She sighed deeply, from the depths of her soul. I wish that Anakin and Jacen and I had been on better terms before Kin-kin died, she thought. Oh, Jasa, why are you blocking me out? I thought we were closer than that. Please, if you can hear me, let me know that you're alive! The young woman sat silently, hoping for some flicker in her heart or the Force, signifying that her twin had heard her. She was sorely disappointed when her plea was met with emptiness. The place that Jacen used to occupy in her heart was still empty.

Jaina turned back to survey the black and barren landscape. Soon, however, she felt a strong, familiar presence in the Force. She leaned around the protrusion that she had been resting against and saw Jag Fel standing by the door to the roof. Jag saw her, and smiled his small, secret smile as he headed towards her.

Jaina's stomach began doing flip-flops. She tried to will it to stop, but was having no success. It seemed like every time that she saw Jagged Fel, her body started acting all weird on her.

Jag slid down to sit next to Jaina, but didn't turn to look at her. Instead, he regarded the landscape. "It's a pity that we had to vape the planet itself," he said. "It really was quite beautiful. Now it's only ashes."

Jaina turned to look at Jag, surprised. This wasn't the overconfident pilot that she had met Ithor and had known ever since. This was a different Jag, the real Jag, the one that she had only seen bits and pieces of. But, she noted, I've seen more of this Jag lately than the old one.

After a few moments of comfortable silence, Jaina spoke, "Is there a reason you came up here to see me?"

Almost reluctantly, it seemed, Jag nodded. "I had a talk with my uncle earlier," he said, still looking out at the horizon. "It was very interesting and enlightening."

"What did you talk about?" Jaina blurted after Jag provided no further information.

Jag took a moment to answer, but when he did, his answer started Jaina. "Us," he said. "You and me. Our feelings specifically."

Jaina was too dumbfounded to say anything. She just sat there, staring at Jag, pleading with her eyes for an explanation. Jag reached out and grabbed her hand, their fingers seeming to automatically intertwine. Jaina looked down at their hands, then back up at Jag, only to find his face mere centimeters from hers. She closed her eyes, and suddenly, she was kissing Jag again.

This kiss was different from the one in the conference room, different from the one in his room. It was deeper, more passionate, full of all of the feelings that they had tried to suppress. Jaina never wanted the moment to end.

Suddenly, she heard faintly, I love you, Jaina, and realized with a start that Jag had thought that. Her shock was great enough that she broke the kiss and leaned her forehead against Jag's, their noses almost touching. Jag wasn't Force-sensitive, yet she had heard his thought clearly. For the first time in her life, she was completely open to someone; all of her barriers were down. She was certain that if Jag could use the Force, their minds would have molded together, like Luke and Mara's.

"I love you too, Jag," she whispered before reclaiming his lips with her own. When they had to break the kiss for air, Jaina asked, "Was your uncle right? About us, I mean?"

Jag chuckled softly. "Yes. He figured it out before anyone else did. Before we did. I'm going to have to thank him for his insight." He put his arms aro

8. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    That is still one of my favorite chapters :) It's such a great post ;)

9. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Thanks, JPS. My fave ones are still ideas in my head. You won't believe how I'm gonna end it. It'll totally blow you away.

10. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    For more readers, you could put a short reference to the Jag/Jaina aspect.. that'll attract readers.. Great story!

11. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Jade's right. There are a lot of J/J fans :)

Oooh, now I'm dying to read more :D I expect that email when Chapter 10 is done ;)

12. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Don't worry, JPS, you'll get the e-mail. But...it'll be in a couple of days. I'm still trying to decide what to do next: plot, action, or mush. Got any ideas?

13. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Hmmm... maybe a combination of all three? :D

If I had to pick, I'd say action since the last one was mush ;)

14. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    I'm not the best at writing action, but I think I can oblige you. :) Look for the e-mail on Monday. I can't promise anything, but that's when it should be out.

15. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Soon enough for me :D

16. Kathryn

Kathryn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2002
    Yay! a sequel. And its gonna be longer. yay!

17. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    For Kathryn, since you haven't read this before.

Jag Fel felt like he was walking on a cloud. This was a brand new sensation for him. Being raised among the Chiss, he was taught to be well grounded in his beliefs and to never waver. And even though he was a pilot, he had been taught to always keep his feet on the ground, so to speak.

But Jaina had changed all that. He knew he loved her, but couldn't figure out when he had realized it. It seemed like he had felt this way about her forever, even though he had known her for only a few years. She had changed his entire way of thinking, had turned his entire world upside down. And after their encounter on the roof just a few moments ago had proved to his that she felt the same.

Jag entered his quarters and and absently packed up all of his belongings, which wasn't much. He had a few uniforms, a casual outfit, and some small knick-knacks to remind him of home. He had everything packed up in less than five minutes. He knew that he would meet Jaina in her quarters in 20 minutes, and they would go down to the docking bay together, but he couldn't stop thinking about her. After five more minutes, he made decision, one that most would judge as rash, but one that he knew was right.

Leaving his bag sitting on his bed, Jag left his room at a quick but measured pace. He got to Jaina's room quickly and walked in without knocking. He found Jaina closing up her bag. She looked up at his entrance, surprised, but smiled when she realized who it was.

"Jag, what are you doing here?" she asked, moving over to him. She stood on her tiptoes and gave him a quick kiss.

"I know this may seem a little premature, probably rash..." he trailed off, looking into her eyes. "Marry me?"

Jaina started at this. She looked at Jag, surprise and joy evident in her eyes. She grabbed both of his hands and locked her brandy gaze onto his emerald one. She reached out with the Force and felt Jag's apprehension, worry, and love very strongly. "Yes."

Jag's face blossomed into a smile that stretched from ear to ear. He pulled his hands from hers, cupped her face, and leaned down and gently kissed her. He felt Jaina deepen the kiss, and didn't resist. Soon, though, he disengaged from Jaina and leaned his forehead against hers. After a moment, he pulled away, grabbed her hand, and headed toward the door.

"Wait, Jag, where are we going?" she asked, allowing herself to be drug along.

"You said yes, now we're going to get my uncle to perform the ceremony," he answered. "I know it's quick, but I don't think that I want to wait. I would go insane if I had to wait any longer."

"Okay then," Jaina told him. "Let's go get General Antilles, a couple of witnesses, and get this over with."

18. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    This brings back memories... ;)

19. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Glad you like it, JPS. Now, get your butt in gear! I'm waiting for the new post for Devotion!

20. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    i really liked this. keep up the good work....

Jaina/Jag mush [face_love]

21. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    New Devotion post is up LB :D

22. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Another short one, but I think you'll enjoy it. :)

Kyp sat in a small auxiliary conference room. He was a bit surprised at the reason he was there. Jaina had contacted him two minutes ago, and had requested his presence there. Only when he got there did he realize that he was to act as a witness at Jaina's and Jag's wedding. He glanced out of the corner of his eye and saw Shawnkyr Nuruodo sitting a few seats down, acting as the second witness. Jaina's droid Cappie was between them.

"Okay," General Antilles said, "do you want the long, short, or quickie version of there ceremony?"

"Quickie," Jaina answered him. "I'm supposed to meet my parents on the landing field in ten minutes. If I'm not there to meet me, they'll get worried and start a search party." Kyp knew that the entire squadron would be leaving Borleias in 15 minutes, but hadn't known that Han and Leia would be there to see their daughter off. But I should have realized that they would.

"Quickie it is then." The General turned to the young Chiss raised pilot. "Jag, do you take Jaina to be your wife, in sickness and health, good times and bad, till death do you part?"

"I do," he said firmly, looking lovingly in Jaina's eyes. Not only could Kyp see the love evident in Jag's eyes, but he could also feel it throughout the Force. This surprised Kyp because Jag wasn't a Jedi, but his feelings were coming across stronger and clearer than most people's usually did.

General Antilles turned to Jaina. "And Jaina, do you take Jag to be your husband, in sickness and health, good times and bad, till death do you part?"

She turned to look at Jag and said quietly, but firmly, "I do."

"Then by the power invested in me by the New Republic, I pronounce you husband and wife. Kiss your bride, Fel. That's an order."

"Yessir," he said, snapping off a quick salute at his uncle before turning a kissing his wife. After a moment, they broke apart, smiling.

Kyp took that as his cue to leave. He stood, Shawnkyr and Cappie following him. Once out in the corridor, Kyp headed for the docking bay with Cappie, while Shawnkyr headed towards the simulator room.

I take it they don't want Han and Leia to know about this yet. I had better make sure to watch my mouth and not mention anything, Kyp thought. Otherwise, I am going to have two angry pilots after my hide.

I have another POV of the wedding that I'll get up after I get some replies. So if you want to see it, gimme a review! :D

23. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Anyone still here? Or am I just talking to myself now? :_| Now I'm really sad.

24. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Okay, that is still my fav. scene of all :D

25. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Yay, JPS is still here! :D

Kathryn, you still here? ?[face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.