main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Falling and Fallen (Post-Rebel Dream, Jaina/Jag AU)--Completed 7/25 (Epilogue and a note)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Leah-Beth, Jun 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leah-Beth

Leah-Beth Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    As do I, Goddess. And I will prove it later on. :D

2. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    Great as always LB :D I actually read the post earlier when you first posted it- right before I had to run out- and forgot to R/R [face_blush] He he, my bad ;) I like this Tenel Ka/ Ganner mix, and I can't wait to see what Tenel Ka says to Jaina about her secret marriage :p ;)

3. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    I'm planning on there being a few more posts until TK and Ganner get to the Maw. There's going to be a lot of soul-serching from the characters, and maybe an appearance from our Traitor. :D

For all of my devoted fans, I feel that I must tell you something. This story will soon come to an end. I can't give you an exact date, or even an estimate, but I feel you should know that it's going to start winding up, but not before I pull out some surprises. [face_devil]

Oh, and soon, I'll unveil the Traitor. ;)

And now that I have you all looking forward to all this, I will go, and brainstorm for the next post. :D

4. Hann315

Hann315 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    But LB DID say she WOULD do a sequal, and maybe even 1 after that! :)

BTW LB, that was great.

~Luv Hann

5. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    Exceptional portrayal of Tenel Ka emotional conflict. :)

6. Hoya94

Hoya94 Jedi Master star 2

Apr 12, 2001
    Great post regarding Tenel Ka's conficting feelings. Are you going to write soon about Jacen and Tahiri? I'm curious about where those two are headed. ;)

Hoya

7. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Yes, Hann, I will do a sequel.

I wrote out a tentative outline, and there are at least three more posts before I get to Jacen/Tahiri again. Sorry, but that's how it's going to work. But don't worry--when I get to them, you will love it! ;) :D

BTW--The next post should be out soon, for all of you up and about on the boards. ;) :p :D

8. Runaway_Shadow

Runaway_Shadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Yay Nice post!

9. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Well, I had a lightning bolt of inspiration, so I decided to give you a long post this time. :D

Shafts of violet and emerald clashed together in a deadly dance. But this was no friendly spar, it was a fight to the death. The cuts and slashes were serious. There was no way to stop them once the movement for them began.

Darkness. Complete darkness, except for the two lightsabers. Not even the glow from the twin blades could illuminate their surroundings. All was shrouded in blackness except for the two blades themselves.

Even though dozens of Jedi had violet blades, and many more had emerald, Jaina knew who the blades belonged to. She couldn't see the hilts that the blades sprung from, but she would know those two lightsabers anywhere. After all, she had created one of them, her twin brother, the other.

The violet blade struck out, and the green blade was too slow to block the cut. There was a shout of pain from a male voice as the hilt of the emerald lightaber was dropped and the blade extinguished. Somehow, even though she could only see the shaft of light that was the violet blade, Jaina knew that the person that had wielded the emerald blade was dead.

The hilt of the violet lightsaber was dropped, and the blade extinguished, just as the emeral blade moments before. Jaina cried out in fear as her surroundings became complete darkness.

This must be what the Vong saw for so long during their journey between galaxies, she thought, shaking from fear. Why am I afraid? I've been in complete darkness before. Why is this so different?

But she already knew the answer to that question. She was afraid because of all of the negative emotions swirling around her, of all of the anger and hatred in the air. There was a well of hatred here, and Jaina was afraid that the hatred was from her.

As if from everywhere and nowhere at once, Jaina heard a voice. "This is the future, Jaina. These two blades will clash together soon, that much is certain. What is uncertain is the identities of those who will wield the blades. As a great Jedi once said, 'Forever in motion is the future.' "

"Who are you?" Jaina called out, frantic. "Who's there?"

"My identity is not important," the voice told her. "All that is important is that you stay out of this conflict. If you get involved, you will surely die."

"But that's my lightsaber," she argued. "I would never give my blade up for someone else to use."

"In this one instance, you must," the voice insisted. "Else you will die."

Jaina nodded, even though she knew the person she was talking to couldn't see her. But, then again, she wasn't quite sure she was talking to a physical being. For all she knew, she was talking to a spirit, or to herself. But she did know that the being knew her gesture.

"But who are you?" she asked again. "I know you said it's not important, but for curiosity's sake."

"I am a pupil of your master's master," the voice answered cryptically.

"What does that mean?" Jaina demanded. "I'm no good at puzzles. Anakin always was, not me."

"You are getting close," the voice said, with a trace of humor. "I share a name with your brother."

A glowpanel suddenly went off in Jaina's head. "You're Anakin Skywalker! My grandfather."

"Correct."

"But why are you showing me this?"

There was a sigh from Anakin. "You are my grand-daughter. Although I have never had the chance to see you, I am not looking forward to that meeting. When we finally meet, it will mean you are dead. You have an important destiny in front of you. You can push back these invaders, and save the galaxy, but to do that, you need to be alive. Had I not shown you this, you would have rushed into this conflict, and died."

Jaina was about to ask a question when her surroundings begain to grow lighter. She felt a dull ache begin in the back of her head, and gow in intensity with the light around her.

"Goodbye, child," Anakin said. "Remember what I've told you."

The blackness had now turned to pure, snow white, and kept getting brighter. Th

10. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Hurray! I get a quick break at work and get to read a spectacular post! :D Great job, LB! Very foreboding [face_devil] ;)

11. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Thank you, JPS! I try, I really do. ;) :D

12. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    Very intriguing!!!! :eek:

13. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Great post, LB! :D

14. Runaway_Shadow

Runaway_Shadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    aawwwww...poor Jaina

Nice post!

15. Goddess_Jaya

Goddess_Jaya Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    Ooh. A friendly night-time visit from your grandfather's ghost. That sure is fun. That was a nice post LB, but did I detect a major hint as to who the Traitor is in there?

16. jade_stone

jade_stone Jedi Master star 1

Jun 20, 2002
    ooooooohhh scary! I'm wondering who the guy could be...

17. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Goddess, you might have picked up on who the Traitor is, and if you did, good job. I'm really trying to keep it a big surprise. I want to shock and amaze you when I finally do reveal the Traitor's identity.

On a side note here, I'll try to have a post up soon, in about an hour or so, I would guess. :) I'm just going to read a few things, and then I'll get the next post typed up. :D

18. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    wait, do i think now i know who the Traitor is? now im confused but I'm dead serious as who i think it is but i think ihave to wait. great post as usual. go read my fic . . . hehe. Harmony!!!!

:D

19. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    If you think you know who the Traitor is, PM me with your guess. I'd really like to know. I won't tell you if you're right or wrong, but... It's just fun to see who you think is evil. :D

20. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Sorry, it'll be a while yet until the I get the post out. I had to go help my dad fix the gutter, and then take a shower, and then my mom was on the net. So, I haven't even started typing it up yet. I'll get it out ASAP, though.

21. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Traitor? I have nooooo idea. :p

Saber

PS. ME LIKES!!!!!

22. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    "Next stop: Kessel," Ganner Rhysode said, turning to look at his copilot.

Tenel Ka had changed from her court gown into more practical combat pants and tank top. Her hair had been taken down from it's ornate plaits and was now styled in Dathomiri warrior braids. Even though she was no longer dressed as a queen, her beauty was still overwhelmingly distracting.

I would think she was beautiful dressed in anything, Ganner conceded to himself. I even thought she was beautiful after being tortured by the Vong. Not that I'm going to let anyone know that.

"Are you sure that you will be able to enter the Maw before the Vong notice that we are there?" Tenel Ka asked. There was no fear in her voice, only mild curiosity.

"When I left, the Vong weren't paying the black holes any attention," he told her. "In fact, they had almost completely pulled out of the system. It looked like they weren't interesting in shaping Kessel at all. So, to answer your question, yes, I'm reasonably sure that they won't notice us."

"'Reasonably sure'?"

"As sure as anyone can be when entering enemy territory," he clarified.

"Ah."

For a long moment, neither spoke. There was nothing to talk about, really.

Well, there is, but neither of us wants to broach the subject, Ganner thought to himself. She wants to know how everyone has changed since she's seen them last, and, somehow, she knows that I'm not comfortable talking about it.

Finally, Tenel Ka broke the not quite comfortable silence. "Master Skywalker's message said that you would fill me in on events that have been happening at Shelter."

"Of course, Majesty." He took a deep breath, readying himself for a long story--

"Please, do not call me 'Majesty,'" she cut in. "Right now, I am not Queen Mother. I am merely Tenel Ka, a Jedi."

"Of course," he said again. "I'm sorry, Tenel Ka."

"No, I am sorry for snapping at you," she told him. "You had no idea that I resent my station in life. I have no desire to be Queen, but it is what I must do, for the sake of my people."

Ganner nodded, knowing that there was no way to respond to that, and knowing, also, that Tenel Ka had not expected him to respond.

"I am sorry," she apologized. "I do not mean to burden you with my troubles."

"No, it's alright," Ganner assured her. "If you need to talk about it, I'll listen. Anytime."

Only after speaking did Ganner realize that there was a hidden meaning in those words. "Anytime." I can't believe I said that. She could take that to mean that I'll always be there for her, which I will, if she needs help. But she could also take that to mean that I don't want to leave her.

After a moment of distinctly uncomfortable silence, Tenel Ka spoke again. "You were going to tell me of the happenings at Shelter."

"Yes, of course," Ganner said. "But first, you might want to get comfortable. It is a rather long story."

And so Ganner told her everything he knew of Jaina's marriage, Jacen's return, Jag's attack, the sabotage on Jaina's X-wing, Tionne's labor and delivery in the lift, and of the tensions at the Jedi base.

"I don't know what Master Skywalker thinks," he concluded, "but I think that this traitor of our might strike at the Knighting ceremony. That's the best time to get a package deal of Jedi that includes some of the strongest Knights in the Order."

When Tenel Ka didn't respond, he turned to look at her and found her asleep in her seat. She was curled up so that he legs were pulled against her chest, her arms around her shins. Her head was resting against her knees. Her braids hung in her face, and swayed slightly with every breath she took.

Force, she is beautiful, Ganner thought. Wait, what am I thinking? She's in love with Jacen Solo. I don't have a chance with her.

Reaching out across the space that separated them, Ganner brushed a stray piece of hair away from Tenel Ka's face, his hand gently caressing her face. She stirred slightly, leaning into his touch, smiling slightly in her sleep.

What am I

23. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Great post LB! :D Who knew Ganner was such a romantic? :p ;)

24. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Well, it says in DJ that he used his flirtation to cover his real personality. I just decided that his real personality was a hopeless romantic. :)

25. Goddess_Jaya

Goddess_Jaya Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    Awww! Ganner is too sweet with his crush on Tenel Ka. That was a great post LB!

Now, does Luke think something is going to happen at the ceremony, or does the might authoress? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.