main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Falling and Fallen (Post-Rebel Dream, Jaina/Jag AU)--Completed 7/25 (Epilogue and a note)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Leah-Beth, Jun 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    <delurks again> I'll probably start posting on this regularly once you get it caught up.. (Just thought I'd let you know) Great posts! :D <slips back into Lurk Mode>

2. Leah-Beth

Leah-Beth Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Thanks, Jade. I'm trying to get caught up soon. FF.net is too unreliable. I'd like to post new stuff here soon. Maybe within a week, I'll start getting new stuff up. :) (I hope ;))

3. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
  4. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    great post!

5. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Thanks! I'll get more up soon. Girl Scouts honor! ;)

6. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    if you run out of things to do, why don't you check out my fic, Complications

i know, i know, i'm shameless when it comes to promoting my fic.

7. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    I'll try.

8. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Ok, here's the next post, just beecause I want to get it out. And it's quite long.

Jaina lay on her back in bed, staring at the ceiling. She had left the lecture hall nearly four hours ago, but hadn't closed her eyes for more than the time it took to blink. Though she was bone weary, she was afraid to fall asleep, afraid of having another vision. So, she had stared at her ceiling, trying to divine the secrets of the universe from the sound-absorbing tiles.

She wasn't having much luck in this endeavor when a knock on her door made her nearly jump out of her skin. She took a couple of calming , deep breaths before getting out of bed and pulling a robe on over her pajamas. She walked across the room, disengaged the lock mechanism on the door, and pushed the button that opened the door.

"Come on in, Uncle Luke," Jaina said, stepping out of the way so that the Jedi Master could enter. As as soon as he was in the room, the door swoosh ed shut behind him, darkness engulfing the room. "Lights: level one." The lights came on dimly, just enough so navigating the room wasn't hazardous.

"I hope I didn't wake you," Luke said, taking a seat on one of two chairs salvaged from an attacked ship. Jaina sat in the middle of the bed, facing her uncle.

"No, I wasn't asleep," she answered. "I was just laying here." She looked at Luke for a moment, silent. "I'm scared to go to sleep, or meditate for that matter."

Jaina felt Luke's probe as he spoke. "What's wrong? Why are you scared?"

"I had a vision last night," she started. "That's why I was up at an ungodly hour. I went for a walk and found Jacen in a meditation chamber. We talked, he fell asleep, and I tried meditating. The vision came again, and I saw Anakin there. He told me that the fate of the galaxy rested on when I told you all about Jag and I being married. That's why Jag was heading for the pilot's lounge so early. We were going to talk about it. I guess that really has no relevance now."

"Tell me about your vision," Luke persisted, looking intently at Jaina. "Why are you scared of having another one?"

Jaina tore her gaze away from her uncle's and recounted her vision to him in full detail, leaving nothing out. She told him of the wedding holos, the holos of her family, and of Anakin's warning to her. "That's not what I'm scared of, though. I'm scared of the pain. It hurt so much; I felt like I was dying. I don't ever want to feel that again." Jaina felt tears forming and pooling in her eyes. She looked down at her hands, could see them shaking. She tried to will them to be still, but to no avail.

Luke noticed and moved from his perch on the chair to sit across from Jaina on the bed. He took her shaking hands in his steady ones. "It's okay to be afraid. Just don't let it consume you. That leads to the Dark Side. I know you know its dangers, so I won't preach to you. I just want to let you know that your family loves you, and we would hate it if you fell again."

Jaina couldn't keep the tears back anymore. They made tracks down her cheeks, and dripped from her face onto the bedspread, leaving tiny, dark spots. She began to sob and Luke pulled her into a tight embrace, holding her close. She sobbed into his chest, his shirt absorbing her tears. He rocked her gently, side to side, and stroked her thick hair in an effort to calm her, but he offered no words. After a while, her sobs and tears stopped, but she still clung tightly to her uncle.

"Feel any better?" he asked, still stroking her hair.

"Yes," Jaina answered truthfully. "I guess I've been needing a good cry for a while now."

Luke pulled back slightly so her could see his niece's face. "But this isn't the reason that I came here."

"No, I figured it wasn't," Jaina said, scooting back so that her back was against the headboard of the bed. She patted the bed beside her, gesturing for Luke to join her.

Luke got himself comfortable and then turned his head to look at Jaina. "Kam and I have been discussing the situation that you're currently in, namely, you're an apprentice, and y

9. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    great post! Jaina's a Knight now!

10. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Not yet, LtJS, but soon. I have much more in store for our heroes before the Knighting ceremony. [face_devil]

11. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    well, Luke is considering her a knight now. that's what i meant....

12. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Yeah, sorry. But there is much, much more to come first. I'm planning on shocking y'all with some plot twists and especially the ending. You'll love it.

13. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    is that why i'm a bit worried?

14. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    *lol* Probably, LtJS, probably. *evil cackling*
    *ahem* Sorry, I got caught up in my Palpatine impression there for a second.

15. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Here's a little something to tide you over until tomorrow. Actually, a big something, because this is really long.

Kyp Durron had done many stupid things in his life. He had followed the teachings of the Sith Lord, Exar Kun. He had used the Sun Crusher to destroy Carida. He had stolen Qwi Xux's memory. He had chosen an aggressive and pro-active stance in the war against the Vong. And now, he was doing something just as stupid. He was going to visit someone who hated him more than the families of those killed on Carida.

The Jedi Master entered the small medical bay on the rock known as Shelter. Off to his left, there was an exam bad. A bacta tank was behind that, currently occupied by Jag Fel. To Kyp's other side, there was a private exam room. Right before him was a small open office with two small desks, the far wall covered with medical supplies.

"Master Durron, what can I do for you?" Telki asked, getting up from behind one of the desks. The little Chanda Fan healer moved around so that she was standing directly in front of Kyp. She was barely half as tall as he, and she craned her neck to look at his face.

"I was wondering if Taesa was here," Kyp answered, sitting down in a chair in front of the desks, so that Telki wouldn't strain her neck. "I need to speak with her."

"She's in the private room, giving Ben Skywalker his monthly checkup," Telki told him. "She should be done shortly. Can I help you with anything in the mean time?"

"No, no," Kyp said, holding up his hands, palms outward. "This is a purely personal matter. Unless Taesa gets mad, I won't need your services as a healer. I'm hoping it won't come to that."

Telki looked at Kyp, confusion clearly written all over her alien features. "Why would she have reason to be mad enough at you to inflict harm upon you?"

Kyp was saved from having to answer as the door to the private exam room opened. "He's a little small for his age," Taesa was saying to Mara. The healer walked out of the room, holding Ben. "But his size comes from the fact that he's just taking after his parents. Just keep raising him the way you've been doing it, and he'll be just fine."

"Thanks," Mara said, following the healer from the room. She took the squirming child into her own arms and bounced him on her hip, trying to get him to settle down. "Ben, stop squirming," she told the child quietly, but firmly. The child almost immediately obeyed his mother.

"I'll see you next month, for his next checkup," Taesa said with a smile at the baby.

"We'll see you then," Mara said, leaving the small medical bay, humming to her son.

Taesa turned from the door to the small office that she and Telki shared. When she saw Kyp sitting there, her smile died, to be replaced by a stony frown. "Master Durron, it's quite a surprise to see you here," she said with barely concealed hostility. "Something I can do for you?"

"I think we need to speak," Kyp answered evenly. "Privately."

She turned to her fellow healer. "Telki, if you wouldn't mind..."

"No, of course no," the little Chanda Fan said. "Contact me on my comlink if anything comes up." Telki exited, leaving Kyp and Taesa alone in the small office.

The latter moved and sat behind her desk. She glared as Kyp as she asked, "Now, what do you want?"

"I was wondering how you've been doing," Kyp told her. "We haven't seen each other in fifteen years." He paused, but Taesa didn't say anything. "I was worried about you when Courscant fell."

"Sithspit!" Taesa exclaimed. "You've never worried about me, not even when we were in the mines on Kessel. You were always too busy thinking about yourself to worry about me."

"I've changed," Kyp said. "I've seen and done terrible things since then. I finally realized a few months ago how wrong I've been in my views. I'm not the same person you used to know. I've finally grown up."

"And why should I believe you?" she asked hostilely. "You've given me no real reason to."

"You still haven't forgiven me, have you?" Kyp asked, abruptly changing the subject. "You're

16. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    nice post! i really liked it.....

17. Kathryn

Kathryn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2002
    Excellent posts. That's a neat idea for Kyp to have another sibling, actually. I just hope that they fix their problems.

18. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Okay, so I lied when I said that I wouldn't post until tomorrow, but I got so unexpected extra time on the net, so here's the next part!

The Jedi Shelter, while small, did not feel cramped. The halls were fairly narrow, but tall, accommodating all almost every species. The small rooms were made to seem larger by not being overly furnished. The two small messhalls had high ceilings with table spread out, creating the illusionof space. The main lecture hall was the largest room in the whole installation, and was still only a quarter the size of the Frand Audience Chamber in the temple on Yavin 4.

Condensed down into a simpler format, all this meant was there was a myriad of places to sabotage. At least that's all it meant to the Traitor.

The Traitor had gone around the base and studied it while everyone else slept. The Traitor had broken into Master Solusar's office and downloaded a full schematic of the base into a datapad. After several inquiries, the Traitor had learned that Jaina Solo was always the first to go check on her X-wing in the mornings. The Traitor had placed a low yield proximity mine in the corridor leading from Solo's quarters to Docking Bay Three, hoping to catch her in the blast. As luck, or the Force, would have it, Jag Fel walked right into that little trap.

Not that it bothers me any, the Traitor thought. It threw Solo off kilter, making it easier for my next stike against her to succeed.

The Traitor glanced around at its surroundings, making sure that no one else was in the corridor. It was not a full day after Jag had triggered the mine. All of the debris in the hall had been cleared, and a temporary wall and ceiling had been erected.

The Traitor smirked and continued down the corridor to its original destination. At this early hour, no one was up and about, but still the Traitor was cautious, and it was slow going. Soon, though, the Traitor entered Docking Bay Three, home to Twin Suns Squadron. Seeing Jaina Solo's X-Wing sitting in the middle of the stained florr, the Traitor smiled.

Walking quickly over to the gleaming snubfighter, the Traitor pulled a creature out of its pocket. The creature was of Yuuzhan Vong origin, and the Traitor had been well versed on how to use it.

The Traitor clambered up the side of the X-wing and crouched just aft of the astromech station. The Traitor felt along the edges of the hole until it found what it wanted: the astromech data plug-in. Shifting so as not to fall, the Traitor reached in with both hands and secured the creature over the plug-in.

Its job done, the Traitor slid down the side of the X-wing and crouched on the ground, making sure its work had gone unnoticed. Satisfied that no one had seen it, the Traitor hurried back to its quarters. The Traitor entered its small room, hoping not to wake its roommate. Sliding back into bed, the Traitor sighed in relief. The room's other occupant was sound asleep and hadn't even stirred when the Traitor entered.

Nothing can go wrong now, the Traitor thought. And if it does, it's not my fault. The Traitor slipped into unconsciousness with thoughts of Jaina Solo's death forefront in its mind.

Soon.

19. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    This seems new, yet familiar.. Great post! :D

20. Kathryn

Kathryn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2002
    Ahh what a cliffie. (OK, OK I'll be patient)
    But really, a beautifully done suspenseful post.

21. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Thanks, Kathryn. And, Jade, at the rate I'm going, I'll have new stuff up here by Monday! Isn't that grand! I know I'm looking forward to getting some comments on my new stuff. :D

22. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    Four to go now :p

23. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Ooh, look, only 3 more! :D I'll try to post on #100, if no one else takes that honor.

24. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
  25. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.