main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Falling Into Darkness - NJO - Darth Solo - Update 4-12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by CptCorranHorn, Mar 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CptCorranHorn

CptCorranHorn Jedi Master star 5

Oct 16, 2002
    Okay, I've had the thought the past few days, of 'what would Anakin be like if Tahiri died at the end of Edge of Victory 1: Conquest.'
    So, here is my version of it. Please, read and respond, I love hearing from everyone.

So you know, the first two sections of Part 1 are from Conquest, the third section is where it changes into my story.

2. CptCorranHorn

Oct 16, 2002
    Falling Into Darkness

Part 1

The crowd, led by Hul Rapuung, had started up the ramp. Now they stopped.
    Mezhan Kwaad turned to her assistant. "Nen Yim. Drag those two on board." She motioned toward Anakin and the fading Vua Rapuung.
    The younger shaper hesitated, then started toward Anakin. She stopped when she saw Anakin's lightsaber floating up from behind him.
    Mezhan Kwaad saw it, too. She sent a jolt of pain coursing through Anakin's body that scrambled his thoughts into random impulses.
    But the lightsaber continued on. Mezhan Kwaad redoubled her torture of Anakin.
    Tahiri plucked the blade from the air and ignited it with a snap-hiss . Mezhan Kwaad's expression froze halfway between puzzlement and the sudden fatal understanding that it hadn't been Anakin levitating the weapon at all.
    Then Tahiri decapitated her.

Anakin ran his hands over the spongy interior of the ship. Tahiri was right. If they couldn't even get the ramp up, what chance did he have of flying the stupid thing?
    Next to none, probably, but he had to try. He couldn't have come this far just to fail.
    He saw Vua Rapuung die. Already surrounded by pile of corpses, his feet were trapped, forcing him to fight without footwork. An amphistaff struck Rapuung a downward blow in the neck and came out the small of his back. He dropped his own amphistaff down like a blaster bolt and crushed the skull of the one who had wounded him before collapsing. Then, the other warriors were on him, amphistaffs slashing, surging past him up the ramp.

Something inside Anakin snapped. His new comrade, one who had saved his life many a time, slain, because of his loyalty to Anakin. Too many people had died because of him, and now another. It was time Anakin did something about it.
    "Tahiri, I've got to stop them," Anakin yelled to his friend, who was trying to figure the ship out.
    "Anakin, no! We've got to get out of here!" she yelled back.
    "You go. I'm staying." He ran out and met the warriors head on, taking one out with a slash to the midsection, and another by slicing his neck. More and more came at him, and more and more fell. But, there were too many for Anakin to handle. One of the warriors snuck behind him, and tripped him with an amphistaff. Anakin hit hard, and looked up to see a warrior standing above him, amphistaff poised to strike. Anakin knew his time was up, so he let himself go to the Force, when he felt a presence. The amphistaff fell, and suddenly Tahiri was there. The amphistaff pierced her back, stabbing through her body. Anakin rolled away, took up his lightsaber, and used it to kill the warrior. Then he ran to his friends body, as her life left her, and he felt her being carried away by the Force.

3. CalaelAzasar

CalaelAzasar Host of Quick-Games star 5 VIP - Game Host

Mar 11, 2003
    Excellent start Corran. I can't wait for more. :)

4. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    that was a great start, but u killed tahiri, anakin is going to be very very angry

5. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    Well, it looks like Darth Vader is about to be reborn. Least this time he'll be killing Vong instead of Jedi.....I hope...

6. CptCorranHorn

Oct 16, 2002
    The story is basically about Anakin's struggles, and his reaction to his best friends death. That makes the rest of the NJO quite different, especially the strike team mission to destroy the voxyn.

7. Jedi_Knight_Satine

Jedi_Knight_Satine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2002
    :( Tahiri's dead :_|

Other than that, well written work! Great start!

8. Jedi_Sha

Jedi_Sha Jedi Master star 5

Oct 13, 2002
    great start, corran. :D

i can't wait to read more.

9. CptCorranHorn

Oct 16, 2002
    Thanks Satine, thanks Sha

I'm going to try to post once a day, mainly short posts, and hopefully a long post once a week.

10. CptCorranHorn

Oct 16, 2002
    Awwww, where'd ya guys and gals go?

Anyway, sorry I wasnt here yesterday, I had a funeral to go to. Here's the next part :D

Jedi Master Luke Skywalker, on board the Star Destroyer Errant Venture with his pregnant wife, Mara Jade Skywalker, was deep in meditation when he felt a great disturbance in the Force. He felt pain, which quickly turned to anger, which was not a good sign, considering who this Force presence belonged to.
    Anakin, he thought. What's happening? He searched deeper, trying to find the root of Anakin's pain and anger, but he got strange feelings. These are alien thoughts, not human at all. How am I feeling this? Suddenly, he found an answer. The Vong? What could they have to do with this? And how can I sense it? Anakin must have discovered something, something important. But I can't shake the feeling of death.
    "Luke? Luke, what is it?"
    Luke snapped out of his meditation and turned to look at his wife. "It's Anakin. Something is seriously wrong. I sense death, pain, anger. None of these are usually found in Anakin."
    "What could have happened on Yavin?"
    "I don't know, but I know Anakin found something. I reached out to him, to find out what was wrong, and I sensed the Vong."
    "How is that possible?"
    "Thats what I must ask Anakin, when I find him."

"Jaina? Lieutenant Solo?"
    Jaina Solo looked up at Colonel Gavin Darklighter, current leader of the famed Rogue Squadron. "I'm sorry, Colonel. You were saying?"
    Gavin looked at her for a moment before returning to his briefing. "As I was saying, Admiral Krey'Fey is going to have us make a reconasaince run to Nal Hutta to see if there is any way we can help the Hutts. We may not like them, but we know that they can be a valuable ally in this war. And after hearing about their rebellion against the Vong this far, I'm sure that any little help we can give them will swing them to our side. Any questions? No? Good. Get some sleep, we sim at 0600." The pilots got up to leave, but Gavin stopped one of them. "Jaina, can I see you a minute?"
    "Sure Colonel. What can I do for you?"
    "I need you to tell me what your lapse during the briefing was about. And be honest with me."
    "Well sir, I felt a disturbance in the Force."
    "What kind of disturbance?"
    "I don't know. But I know it does have something to do with my brother, Anakin. I could feel anger, and pain, and death. But it was over too quickly."
    "Jaina, do you think this is important to our mission? Is your brother in trouble?"
    Jaina wanted to say anything that would convince the Colonel to find some way to help her brother, but she reluctantly pushed all of those thoughts to the back of her mind.
    "No, Colonel."

"All right, hang on you two, we're getting out of here!" Han Solo yelled to his wife and oldest son as he pulled the lever to make a hyperspace jump. He was relieved to see the stars elongate, and finally they were safe in hyperspace. "Now, Jacen," he called over the intercomm, "I want you to come up here and tell me what that was all about."
    Jacen Solo reached the cockpit of the Millenium Falcon where his mother, Leia Organa Solo, and his father, Han Solo, waited for him.
    "What happened Jacen?" Han wasted no time. "Why did you suddenly stop shooting? That could have really cost us."
    "Han, take it easy. I'm sure Jacen had a good reason for what he did." Leia looked expectantly at her son.
    "Well, when we were fighting, I suddenly felt a disturbance through the Force."
    "A disturbance?"
    "Yes, a disturbance. It had to do with Anakin."
    "Anakin? Is he all right?" Leia asked, her voice doing nothing to hide the worry in her tone.
    "I don't know. I felt anger, pain, and death. It wasn't his death, but it was death none the less."
    "Is that all," she asked.
    "Yes," Jacen answered. "The disturbance passed quickly, I felt very little."
    Leia wasn't satisfied. Why did I feel nothing at all?

11. Leia Walker

Leia Walker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2000
    [face_shocked] She didn't feel anything !!?? Strange. The plot thickens. Great post! Can't wait to see what happens next!

-Satine in someone else's body 8-}

12. CptCorranHorn

Oct 16, 2002
    Aw, you had me goin there for a minute. I thought I had a new reader 8-}

Thanks Satine

13. CptCorranHorn

Oct 16, 2002
    C'mon people, dont rest on your laurels, keep posting for me!
    Here's the next post

Anakin Solo wasn't a happy young man. He and the other Jedi students from Yavin 4 had made it off the moon with the help of the smuggler and information broker, Talon Karrde, and the reformed Peace Brigade pilot, Remis Vehn. They made it aboard the Star Destroyer Errant Venture, the property of the smuggler Booster Terrik, and Anakin was reunited with his mother, father, and brother, who had seeked Booster out when they felt the disturbance. It was a tearful reunion, after Anakin told his family what had happened to Tahiri. They tried to comfort him, with the help of Kam Solusar and Tionne, the teachers of the Jedi Praxeum, and the Jedi students. But they had no success.
    "What can we do mom? He's out of it. Can't you feel the anger in him?" Jacen asked his mother.
    "I can. It sticks out in him, because it's not normal," she answered.
    The door whisked open suddenly, and Luke Skywalker strode through. "Anakin's anger is very dangerous. It is different than anything he has ever felt, and it could very easily overwhelm him."
    "Luke, whats gonna happen to him? Can he get through this?" Han asked his brother-in-law.
    "He can Han, but this is very different than the grief he felt when Chewbacca and Daeshara'cor died. He eventually realized that those deaths were not his fault. He will have a more difficult time with Tahiri's death. This will be a very trying time for him, and he will be susceptible to the Dark Side."
    "Well, Uncle Luke, how can we help him?" Jacen asked.
    "Give him your love and support. Trust me, it will help," he said, as he smiled. Luke himself had fallen to the Dark Side, only being redeemed by Leia's love for him. He knew a little of what Anakin was going to face, and he knew he had to support him. "Jacen, find him, see what you can do to talk to him."
    "Absolutely, Master Skywalker. I know where to find him." Jacen left, heading into the cargo holds of the Star Destroyer. In the days following the escape of Yavin, Anakin had made a room for himself in the one of the cargo holds, a room to train, to meditate, and to be alone with his tumultuous thoughts. Sure enough, Jacen found him there, in a simulated battle against a droid programmed with Yuuzhan Vong fighting styles. Jacen watched as Anakin unleashed his fury on the droid. His rage was unbridled, and he showed no restraint. Finally, Anakin's stamina began to die down, and Jacen moved to talk to him.
    "Anakin, are you alright?"
    "What do you think, Jacen? My best friend just died. How would you feel?"
    "I don't know Anakin. I do know that if I could feel this pain so you wouldn't have to, I would. But I can't. So you're going to have to share your pain with me."
    "What's the use? I can share everything with you, and you will never feel a fraction of what I do. Jacen, I didn't go to save her and the others because they were my friends. I went because I loved Tahiri. If the others died, so be it. But I was going to save her. And I failed.
    I failed the one person in the galaxy that actually knew me, the one person in the galaxy that I loved more than anything. Because I failed her, the Vong are going to pay!"

14. Jedi_Sha

Jedi_Sha Jedi Master star 5

Oct 13, 2002
    YAY! new postie! :D

great job, corran. :)
    i like the building tension...

15. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    Hmmmm...

[voice_youngPalps]We will your career with great interest.[/voice_youngPalps] :D

16. CptCorranHorn

Oct 16, 2002
    Thanks Sha (although you kinda forced me to tell you what ends up happening 8-}

R_T: I assume you saw my link in FADA? But, I'm glad you like it :)

17. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Yeah, interesting alternative. Not bad at all.

18. Star-Lead

Star-Lead Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2003
    [voice_keyes]All hell just broke lose[voice_keyes]

Oh and Vader was a wuss compared to what Anakins gonna do to the YV, and to Luke for not listening to him when he said the academy was in danger.

19. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    Yeah, I linked over from there. Can't wait to see more... :D

20. Ysanne_Isard

Ysanne_Isard Jedi Master star 5

Oct 27, 2002
    Ooooo, very nice! :D I can't wait for more.

21. CptCorranHorn

Oct 16, 2002
    Thanks Moof_D

Star_Lead: You're right, things are gonna get bad for the Vong, and for the Jedi. Anakin's gonna go on a rampage.

More you say? Here it is

"Uncle Luke, Aunt Mara, have you seen Anakin?" Jacen asked as he walked into the Skywalker's quarters.
    "No, last I heard, he was going to work on one of the X-Wings in the hold. At least, that's what your father told me," Luke answered.
    "An X-Wing in the hold? There was only one there, and it took off earlier today." Concern was evident in Jacen's expression. He reached out with the Force, trying to find his brother, but didn't sense him anywhere on the ship. "He's not here. I can't sense his presence anywhere on the ship. Anakin's gone."

"Rogue Squadron, form up on me, announce readiness." Colonel Gavin Darklighter led his Rogues into the sky above Coruscant, and waited for Coruscant Control to open the planetary shields. "One Flight, all green."
    "Two Flight, ready to fly." That was the voice of Major Inyri Forge, a member of Rogue Squadron almost as long as Colonel Darklighter.
    "Three Flight, good to go." This was Major Alin Varth speaking, Jaina's flight leader. She came into Rogue Squadron shortly after the peace with the Imperial Remnant, after many of the squadrons long standing members retired.
    "Rogues, we have clearance. Meet up with the Star Destroyer Freedom, and then we'll be on our way to Obroa-Skai"

"Colonel, how exactly is this going to play out?" Jaina asked as the squadron settled into one of the briefing rooms on board the Freedom.
    "Good question Jaina. What we plan on doing is having an A-Wing squadron and two B-Wing squadrons that are originally from Freedom run interference for us as we slip in on the night side of the planet. Once we sneak by, we're going to guage the Vong forces from behind, to see if there is a way they can be neutralized. When we gather what information we can, we're going to back out to Kashyyyk, where the Freedom will pick us up on it's way back."
    "Colonel, what happens if we're discovered. If the Vong find us, they could easily bring its big guns to bear on us."
    "Yes, if that happens Inyri, we fight our way out. We're Rogues, its what we do. I'm not going to lie. This mission could become very deadly, but is that going to stop any of us?"
    No one said yes, which is what Gavin liked to see. He would have said more, but he was interrupted by his comm beeping.
    "Darklighter, go ahead," he answered.
    "Colonel, this is Captain Yonka. We'll be reaching Vong space shortly. You might want to get your squadron ready."
    "Copy Captain, thanks. Darklighter out." He put his comlink away, then turned to his pilots. "Rogues, this is it. Get in your fighters and be ready. This could get rough."

The Freedom came out of lightspeed in the space behind Obroa-Skai, to a relatively empty region of space.
    "Rogue Squadron, you're clear to launch. We'll meet you at Kashyyyk."
    "Copy Control. Rogues, exit by flights, form up on flight leaders."
    The twelve X-Wings exited the ship, then watched as the Star Destroyer made its way back into hyperspace. They were alone in enemy territory. "Rogues, lets make this fast. I don't want to be here any longer than we have to be."
    The squadron split into three flights of four fighters each, and proceeded toward the planet.
    "Lead, Eleven. Scopes are clear, looks like the Vong don't know we're here."
    "Let's keep it that way. Three Flight, stay on high guard, watch your scopes. Yell out if you see anything."
    "Copy Colonel," Major Varth answered. "Three Flight, stick close."
    One and Two Flights made their way deep into the atmosphere of Obroa-Skai when Jaina noticed something. She looked more closely at her scopes, and did not like what she was seeing. "Nine, I have something. Looks like skips. A large amount of them."
    "Copy Nine. Colonel, we've got skips up here, a couple of squadrons. You better get back up here."
    "We've got more

22. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    anakin's gone and jaina's going down, great work, is anakin going to follow is namesake???

23. CptCorranHorn

Oct 16, 2002
    Thats to be seen. Anakin is really out of it right now. As you'll see coming up, he's going to get help on his wild streak, from another Jedi.

There's also going to be a major death, which will again rock Anakin to his core, because he's the one doing the killing.

24. Star-Lead

Star-Lead Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2003
    This is not looking good, for anyone.

If Anakin goes dark-side, then the universe is gonna know.

Exar Kun is going to have nothing on Darth Solo, this I can say for a fact.

25. CptCorranHorn

Oct 16, 2002
    "Darth" Solo is going to have a field day in the GFFA, I'll tell you that.

I'm planning on a post tomorrow, I've been busy, and truthfully, I dont know how to start this post off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.