Fallout: New Vegas (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Leto II, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    Was it at The Fort? The Legion's dogs can sometimes see through it if you get too close to them. That at least, is not a bug.
  2. Chewgumma Chosen One

star 7
    Well that explains the fort. I also remember being in the middle of the NCRCF when the Powder Ganger disguise suddenly stopped working...
  3. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Some NPCs can see through them too. It's all in the manual.
  4. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    Yeah, it has something to do with their Perception.
  5. Asterix_of_Gaul Force Ghost

star 5
  6. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    The next New Vegas DLC has been confirmed to be "Honest Hearts". Not much info or release date yet.
  7. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
  8. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    Pretty much my exact thoughts.
  9. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
  10. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    So Honest Hearts is out. Anyone played it yet? I'll be downloading it as soon as I'm done with L.A. Noire.
  11. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    I played through it this weekend while taking a break from LA Noire and I enjoyed it. I made the mistake of playing it with a character who specializes in Energy Weapons and there was little to no ammo to be found so I had a hard time of it. Unarmed, Melee, and Guns characters should have an easier time fighting off the White Legs Tribe.

There's nothing in the way of new enemies, just bigger versions of animals you've already fought before and the tribals. There are three new companions who come and go at set parts of the storyline.

While I enjoyed it, it's probably my least favorite of all the Fallout DLC from 3 or NV. You get some nice weapons and armor at the end and you learn what happened to The Burned Man but overall deciding the fate of Zion felt entirely unimportant in context to the rest of New Vegas. My favorite part of the whole thing was learning the backstory of a character known as "The Survivalist", a man from Salt Lake City who survived the bombs dropping and then made his home in the caves of Zion for seventy years.
  12. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    [image=http://i.imgur.com/F7pzK.jpg]
  13. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
  14. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    The final major DLC, The Lonesome Road was released today. Anyone else ready for the ultimate showdown between Ulysses and The Courier?
  15. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    Yessir! Got it downloaded last night, now it's just waiting for me to get started. Excited.
  16. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    I finished up Lonesome Road yesterday and I was pretty please. It's easily the shortest DLC for a Fallout game yet but despite that and it's linear structure I enjoyed it a lot. The combat is HARD which was a welcome change of pace. It's easy to get a way overpowered game in Fallout but LR was different. My character was already level 45 when I started and I was being one-(sometimes two if I was lucky)-shotted by the Deathclaws in The Divide. The Marked Men aren't so bad unless there are a lot of them. I really enjoyed the back story for ED-E which was a welcome surprise. Although I still can't get used to calling him "Eddie" rather than "Eee-dee-eee" as I did prior.

The Courier's backstory with Ulysses was detailed enough and vague enough to fit into any made up backstory you might have for your character. Basically, during a Courier job from before New Vegas beings you delivered a package (ED-E?) to The Divide that inadvertently set off many of the nuclear warheads there. Ulysses called the place home and seemed a tad upset at the prospect of loosing it.

For my ending I talked Ulysses down from nuking anyone, NCR or Legion, and then teamed up with him to take out the army of Marked Men that attacked. Then ED-E sacrificed himself to stop the nuke launch. Very noble of the little guy and it even tugs at the heart strings a bit. Luckily, the original ED-E back in the Mojave was safe waiting for me back at the Lucky 38.

All in all I'd rank the 4 NV DLCs like this: OWB>LR>HH>DM
  17. Leto II Jedi Master

star 6
    Have beaten the game twice, now, once as a die-hard NCR-partisan (who destroyed the Brotherhood on Col. Moore's orders, earned Felicia Day's undying hatred, and annihilated Legate Lanius at the dam), and the second time as a take-no-****, badass, melee-dealing Legionary (who turned the various tribes against one another, and shot down President Kimball's Vertibird using an AA-gun...the warmongering, oppressive bastard had it coming).

Downloaded all of the DLC expansions as they were released, but have held off on doing them for two reasons -- (A) my Legion runthrough was on "Hardcore" mode, meaning the severe weight/encumbrance penalties would've been a major factor when traipsing off into completely new regions, and (B) I simply want to complete them using a character who's slightly less of a total ***hole than my last one.

Plan on doing a third trip through the Mojave sometime next year, with all the trimmings, once Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, and a couple other games finally get off my plate (not that an Elder Scrolls game ever completely "gets off one's plate," but I digress...).
  18. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    so just started playing this recently (way behind the train i know), and i have to say i've really been enjoying it. been pretty much an absolute selfish asshole who is taking advantage of yesman. i have to say it's a load of fun.

i can't really identify the why of it, but i'm finding this game far more enjoyable than 3 on on simply the gameplay alone. add in the story and actually having OPTIONS (it's shocking!) and i'm really happy about it.
  19. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    Fallout Could've Been About Time-Travelling Dinosaurs, and Monkey Murder.
    This sounds like the greatest game of all time and I wish it to be made.
  20. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I got this a few days ago and I'm only a few hours in and I'm already encumbered! The problem is that I'm hauling around a lot of weight in armour that I don't want to throw away but I don't know where to stash it. Are there houses or such I can get like in 3, or can I just leave it in the robot's shack in Goodsprings? Also, 9mm ammo, I need more of it, or more 10mm ammo, or just more ammo in general.
  21. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    You can get a house in Novac and The Strip. Also, a few of the factions (NCR, Legion, Brotherhood of Steel, and Followers of Apocalypse) have safehouses you can eventually use if you do enough quests for them. Until you get the Novac house, Victor's house in Goodsprings is your best bet.
  22. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Most containers in buildings are safe stash points.
  23. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Well, seeing that Mass Effect 3 has been a rage inducing dissapointment I might be willing to give this one a try. So has the core game been patched properly for the 360 at this point? And how well does it stand against, say, Fallout 3?
  24. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    IMO, it destroys Fallout 3 in every aspect.

Not to say FO3 is bad, this is just much better.
  25. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Bold words indeed, considering FO3 was nothing short of perfection (even despite some of its DLC).