main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST False flag rumors, and a new theory

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ATMachine, Nov 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Using the marvels of modern science I have managed to capture the interaction between Abrams and fans. On the right you can see everything that Abrams does to elicit the fan reaction, seen on the left.

[​IMG]

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    That guy needs some goggles.

DiMiT likes this.
  3. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    But the goggles do nothing!

4. Spy Vs Dog

Spy Vs Dog Jedi Master star 3

Jan 25, 2004
    When Star Wars meets Info Wars

5. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    I remember Lucas talked about this in the "Premiere" magazine article that came out before TPM. The interviewer asked him if he intentionally leaked false rumors to keep things secret, and he basically said that there is no need to do that since the internet is filled with people already doing it for him. The same thing is happening again now, I bet.

6. Spy Vs Dog

Spy Vs Dog Jedi Master star 3

Jan 25, 2004
    They're probably way too preoccupied with making a movie to bother with some elaborate disinformation campaign. They're not invading Europe. Not to mention that planting lies on the Internet would be like planting snow in Alaska.

7. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    I remember the Yoda fart. That was crazy but my favorite fake rumor was Grando Calrissian. I think the rumor of Luke fearing his own power is closest to the truth so far. If Luke was in captivity for 30 years Leia or Han would have freed him somehow.

8. spacename_the_name

spacename_the_name Jedi Master star 3

Feb 5, 2005

[​IMG]
    I see we are talking about the important issues now

9. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014

ifleninwasawizard likes this.
  10. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    Boom

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  11. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Of course nothing is 100% certain, but I don't understand those who actually believe the concept art is a fake out. This would require Abrams to have fake concept art created, then fly to Abu Dhabi and build sets corresponding to the fake art. Leak fake villain art, then have the costume department make the costume and photograph it, etc. and so forth.

Given the tight schedule that eventually forced the release back from May to December, does anyone really believe they would go through such time and budget wasting to confuse a few thousand zealous fans?

Bennihana likes this.
  12. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    "Fake concept art" is a rather silly notion. If the end product ends up without containing any of the leaked concept pieces, people will say "Yeah, well that concept art was fake!" and that will just show that someone doesn't really understand how this works. Dozens of concept art pieces are created and only a handful end up on the screen. Even if the pieces we see don't show up in the movie, that doesn't make them fake. If someone expects every single concept piece to have it's exact replica on the screen when the final product is shown... he's in for a disappointment.

The concept art is legit. If it makes the final cut, that's a completely different question.

Luke'sSeveredHand and Bennihana like this.
  13. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    another problem with concept arts is that a lot of them are ideas that were possibilities but ultimately do not end up in the movie. and some might have been discarded because of the script change.:)

14. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    Whoever said that they needed to go to such extreme measures in order to fool people?
    Sure a lot of it may be real and doesn't end up in the movie, but I find it very hard to believe that they allowed so much material to let it slip through them, especially with the level of security they appear to have taken.

If they have the influence to stop planes from flying over the Commons, they certainly won't have an issue with making a few pictures that may seem reminiscent with those "leaked" set pictures and so forth. Besides, I don't think their is any evidence of the villain being reminiscent of the concept art.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  15. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Wasn't it supposed to be on Kashyyyk, post-Order 66? Something like he covers himself in mud, twigs, and leaves and scampers around the Wookiees' shoulders or among Wookiees that were playing dead, jabbering and farting, and the clones think he's some weird non- or semi-sentient critter (like a Kowalkian monkey-lizard) and leave him alone?

One merely has to look at any of the various "Art of Star Wars: Episode #" books to see that to be the case! Asajj Ventress, TPM's Sith Witch, Jungle Boy Han Solo (gawd, what a terrible idea), Palpatine's lava-pit throne room...

...there is another option for fake concept art tho: fans. The world is filled with talented folks who can knock out beautiful Photoshop pieces to throw on ConceptArt.org and DeviantArt and all kinds of other places in fairly little time... the stuff some folks can turn out over a lunch hour is stunning. It's entirely possible for some fans to try their hand at developing concept pieces based on rumors, on official & leaked photos (like the AT-AT foot in Abu Dhabi), etc, and either try to pass it off as real or just do it for fun and have someone else think it's real and spread it to SW sites.

16. Bennihana

Bennihana Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2014
    Anyone who is making art of that caliber should be working professionally and not messing around trying to fool people online. It's not impossible, just extremely unlikely.

17. ThreeDeathstickProblem

Sep 25, 2014
    It's much harder to scrub photos from the internet than to keep a handful of planes out of a small section of airspace. By the time they could remove the photos anyone seeking it out would have seen it, so the effort would be futile.

As far as the villain is concerned: both Making Star Wars and Star Wars Underworld have cited sources who say European audiences have been shown the trailer and the Revan-esque figure is in it. In addition, before anyone was claiming a broadsword lightsaber was in the film, a user here (jimjamjim) reported seeing it during a visit to Pinewood. Is this definitive? No. Is it likely? I say yes.

Anyway, before we know it, the teaser will be online and we'll have to clarification of these stories. ;)

18. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Such people generally are working professionally, in games, movies, TV. And they could still knock something out in an hour or two, on the side, that people not in the arts might think would take a full day or more to do, to try to fool people or just try their hand at envisioning in pictures some rumor/speculation they read on a SW site.

19. ThreeDeathstickProblem

Sep 25, 2014
    Jason at MSW says he has hundreds of pieces of concept art (including some technical specs for sets and the alien Abrams revealed in May!). And from the two dozen pieces leaked, we know they're in a myriad of styles. Which is more likly: an employee leaked their co-workers' work, or a person or group of people spent weeks or months creating hundreds of pieces in different styles just to trick people?

Even if you choose to believe the far more unlikely option, I've never seen anyone troll people on that level and not take credit for it.

20. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    Latino Review is the one who said that the Revan mask guy was shown in trailers in Europe.

I think we would have heard more buzz from this (like with TCW trailer in Poland)

clearly we haven't and since it's Latino Review, I'm not even going to bother.

Besides I find it very hard to believe that with the level of security that they managed to slip 400 pieces of concept art that easily. JJ is no fool and whoever did this would have been caught in the act while doing it. (It's different to sneak 20-30 without being noticed than 400 )

If Disney has the resources to stop airplanes flying around that area, why won't they pull out some cash in order to make some pieces to keep their secrets safe??

And what if it's a combination of real, real that never ends up in the film, real that is meant to be fake, and fake made by fans? I think it's entirely within the realms of possibility

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.