main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends False Truths - Rogues - 4/6 - AUTHOR'S NOTE *sigh*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jesina_Dreis, Jan 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    Title: False Truths
    (Thanks to McEwok for the assistance with that...)

Author: Jesina_Dreis

Timeframe: approximately 14 years after ANH
    (yes, like virtually everything else I write)

Characters: Rogues, OCs

Genre: Action, Drama, slight AU

Summary: The Rogues' newest assignment intertwines with Hobbie Klivian?s life before the Alliance when they are sent on a mission that throws them in with Intelligence.

Note: This story is completely independent of my Jesina series. Completely.

Dramatis Personae:
    Note: I will add characters as they are introduced, if necessary.

Rogue Squadron

General Wedge Antilles - Human male from Corellia
    Colonel Tycho Celchu - Human male from Alderaan
    Captain Alar Tre?fel - Bothan male from Bothawui
    Lieutenant Karin Vev - Human female from Commenor

Major Wes Janson - Human male from Taanab
    Major Derek ?Hobbie? Klivian - Human male from Ralltiir
    Lieutenant Kalara Sko - Twi'lek female from Ryloth
    Captain Myn Donos - Human male from Corellia

Commander Corran Horn - Human male from Corellia
    Captain Ooryl Qrygg - Gand male from Gand
    Captain Inyri Forge - Human female from Kessel
    Captain Gavin Darklighter - Human male from Tatooine

New Republic Intelligence

Major Lana Tierney (Sera Deynes) - Human female from Ralltiir
    Agent Garv Landis - Human male from Coruscant

Ralltiiri Secretariat

Karl Desaten - President - Human male from Ralltiir
    Ana Janik - Minister of Galactic Affairs - Human female from Ralltiir
    Alek Cesra - Minister of Domestic Affairs - Human male from Ralltiir

Other Characters of Note

Alisse Cesra - Human female from Ralltiir

Disclaimer for SweetPea:
    General Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any health problems developed by readers as a result of this story. By clicking, readers agree to accept risks to their person.

~Jes~

2. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Chapter 1

Hobbie looked over the woman standing before the Rogues. Mid-thirties, auburn hair, blue eyes ? she might be attractive if she actually smiled. Apparently, she?d caught Janson?s interest. He was making eyes at the NRI agent Cracken had sent over while Wedge and Tycho tried not to laugh at him ? and Inyri stood behind him snickering silently.

The agent cleared her throat, narrowing her eyes at Wes, who squirmed uncomfortably in his chair. ?My name is Lana Tierney. I?m a Major in New Republic Intelligence, where I?ve been since it was Alliance Intelligence. I was one of few Alliance personnel who escaped the assault on Ralltiir just before the battle at Yavin. And I know as much, if not more, about you than you do yourselves.? She turned her attention to Wes. ?For example, Major Janson, the woman you had dinner with last night won?t be seeing you again.?

Red-faced, Janson slouched down in his seat as half of the Rogues burst into laughter and the other half watched her with some concern. Hobbie was torn between both. He enjoyed seeing Wes get rejected from time to time ? usually the man deserved it ? and the fact that this rejection was delivered through a third party made it that much more entertaining. But the fact that she?d mentioned his home world had piqued his interest. He settled for smirking in Janson?s general direction, but kept his eyes fixed on the woman at the front of the room.

He?d been sympathetic to the Alliance even as a teenager on Ralltiir, before he?d left for the Academy, though he?d rarely voiced his thoughts on the matter. That was a good way to get shot, and he wasn?t too keen on that idea. He hadn?t known any other Rebel sympathizers, though he?d known more than one person who strongly supported the Empire.

?I?m sure that you were all thrilled to hear that one of General Cracken?s people was going to address you about a mission.?

Thrilled is hardly the word I would have used, Hobbie thought to himself. More like?concerned, alarmed, terrified?.

?The reason for that,? she went on, ?is that you?re being loaned to Intelligence.?

The relative quiet that had reigned over the room ended at that moment. Hobbie kept his mouth shut, but he could completely understand why the others weren?t. Working with Cracken is bad enough?never mind working for him. He heard Janson exclaim, ?Wedge, have you forgotten what happened the last time we worked for Cracken??

Hobbie saw Wedge?s mouth move but couldn?t really hear the words. Apparently, Wedge realized he wasn?t getting across to them because the next thing he heard was, ?Attention!?

Instantly, the room fell silent ? though the silence lasted only seconds. It was broken when Janson?s chair, teetering out of Wes? rush to salute their CO, finally succumbed to gravity and hit the floor with a crash. Wedge shook his head, returned the salute, and motioned for them to sit down again.

?I have my reasons for agreeing to this,? he said, focusing on each pilot in turn. ?I?m not going to go over them at this point; I?m going to trust you all to trust me. If any of you have a problem with that, take it up with me personally. And kindly allow Major Tierney to brief you.?

Hobbie was surprised at that. Wedge didn?t pull rank like that very often ? he was usually fairly open with the squadron. He couldn?t help but wonder what was different about this.

?Your assignment involves a trip to Ralltiir, my home world. There is a lab there that was mostly destroyed when the Empire?took out its aggression on the planet. We know where it is ? just north of the capital city of Cambrielle. The problem lies in getting inside it. Recently, a highly placed minister in the Secretariat ? the current, New Republic aligned government on the planet ? has ordered it to be guarded, refusing to allow our personnel inside. He?s acting within his jurisdiction and the planetary president has elected not to get involved, especially considering we can?t say why we want to get inside.?

?

3. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Hobbie!! :D Looking interesting already, Jesina...

?For example, Major Janson, the woman you had dinner with last night won?t be seeing you again.?

[face_laugh] Poor old Janson...

you?re being loaned to Intelligence

Oh, dear... I don't think the Rogues are going to be happy...

Hobbie saw Wedge?s mouth move but couldn?t really hear the words. Apparently, Wedge realized he wasn?t getting across to them because the next thing he heard was, ?Attention!?

Instantly, the room fell silent ? though the silence lasted only seconds. It was broken when Janson?s chair, teetering out of Wes? rush to salute their CO, finally succumbed to gravity and hit the floor with a crash. Wedge shook his head, returned the salute, and motioned for them to sit down again.

:p Nice crowd control, Wedge!

?Back off. From this point on, you only ask questions specific to what you are doing. Nothing general, nothing about why we?re doing this or what they?re looking for.?

Ugh... how frustrating. Poor Hobbie!

Great post! :)

4. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Don't ...

*sound of door slamming shut*

... smash the door.

Jes you have a talent of making NRI a real pain in the backside. ;)

5. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Intriguing, 'Sina... looking forward to more of this...

:D

- The Imperial Ewok

6. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Knight_Aragorn
    Hobbie!! Looking interesting already, Jesina...
    Art thou a fan of the dour one? :D I do love my SoA

Oh, dear... I don't think the Rogues are going to be happy...
    Nah, not really...especially one in particular

Nice crowd control, Wedge!
    Is that sarcasm? Cuz, if it is, you gotta remember, Janson is one of the people in the crowd....

Poor Hobbie!
    You have NO idea

Thor
    I don't think you can slam doors in Star Wars, Thor...don't they kinda slide? :p

Jes you have a talent of making NRI a real pain in the backside.
    Sad part of that is, this isn't even supposed to be about NRI being a pain...this is about:
    - an NRI agent who has to do her job...and deal with the Rogues in the process
    - Hobbie's past
    But anyway, this talent I attribute to my dislike of one General Airen Cracken.
    And if you think Intel's going to be bad here, wait til you see what I do in Shades.

McEwok
    I just hope I can make it make sense...and that it doesn't end up as out of control as the monstrosity from whence it came
    I hope that you'll still be intrigued even if that does happen :D

A Note: When I say Hobbie's past intertwines with the mission, I don't mean to say that his past is part of what's going on, per se. It just means that stuff about him will overlap and be revealed over the course of the mission.

~Jes~

7. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Hhhhmmmm... interesting...

but DATACARDS!!!

oh... you're evil woman... evil...

8. SweetPea

SweetPea Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 8, 2004
    Ooooo, I'm really excited about this one.

Disclaimer for SweetPea:
    General Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any health problems developed by readers as a result of this story. By clicking, readers agree to accept risks to their person.

Oh, here too? Covering all our bases, I see. :D

?For example, Major Janson, the woman you had dinner with last night won?t be seeing you again.?

HA!

Apparently, Wedge realized he wasn?t getting across to them because the next thing he heard was, ?Attention!?

Heh. Nice how one word properly used can have such an effect.

He couldn?t help but wonder what was different about this.
    Hmmm, me too.

?Okay, you?re right,? Wedge admitted. ?I?ll give you that. But there?s a lot you don?t know. And I can?t answer your questions. You have to trust me on this. Back. Off.?
    Hobbie stared him straight in the eye for a moment before spinning on his heel, slapping at the door and storming out of the office.

Ooo, now I'm really curious.

Postie please!!!!

9. Rowan_Jade

Rowan_Jade Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2003
    Boing!

Boing!!

Boing!!!

Boing!!!!!

(* above Boinging is sound of Ro bouncing about due to excitability about another story detailing the lives of her mostest favoritest guys in the whole big galaxy)

Color me bouncy and happy! I'm always super excited to catch a new Rogue/Wraith story but I never get to see good Hobbie stuff, so I'm doubly excited now! Bring it on! *rubbing hands in glee* :D

I might slip back into lurker mode occaisionally (since the only time I can read is at work (Down With Work!) and the boss tends to watch us slackers for goof-off mode) but rest assured, I am a loyal X-Wing jockey die-hard fan so I'm here! :D - even in covert mode [face_devil]

10. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Red
    but DATACARDS!!!

oh... you're evil woman... evil...

I didn't even THINK about your story until after I'd written this. However, I shall be following your lead in not telling anyone what's on the datacards...because it's integral to the fic that they not find out til close to the end

SweetPea
    Ooooo, I'm really excited about this one.
    Are you a Hobbie fan, dear?

HA!
    Liked that, didja?

Heh. Nice how one word properly used can have such an effect.
    Especially since he's generally pretty relaxed about that

Ooo, now I'm really curious.
    You should be....trust me. Not that you'll get answers anytime soon, but I trust you're used to that from me by now.

Rowan_Jade
    Welcome! Most of my fics involve the Rogues and Wraiths - and Bitter Reunion (Completed) and its sequel Shades of the Past (WIP) have a decent amount of Hobbie stuff.
    Yes, I know, shameless plugging, but it's my own thread, so it's okay.

Don't worry about lurking...just remind me from time to time that you're still around. I am, as McEwok says, a feedback junkie. Always glad to find new readers.

~Jes~

11. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Disclaimer for SweetPea:

He he he
    Sweet Pea you are something special :p

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Chapter 1

Hobbie looked over the woman standing before the Rogues. Mid-thirties, auburn hair, blue eyes ? she might be attractive if she actually smiled. Apparently, she?d caught Janson?s interest.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

He was making eyes at the NRI agent Cracken had sent over while Wedge and Tycho tried not to laugh at him ? and Inyri stood behind him snickering silently.

:D :p

The agent cleared her throat, narrowing her eyes at Wes, who squirmed uncomfortably in his chair. ?My name is Lana Tierney. I?m a Major in New Republic Intelligence, where I?ve been since it was Alliance Intelligence. I was one of few Alliance personnel who escaped the assault on Ralltiir just before the battle at Yavin. And I know as much, if not more, about you than you do yourselves.? She turned her attention to Wes. ?For example, Major Janson, the woman you had dinner with last night won?t be seeing you again.?

that hurt :p

Red-faced, Janson slouched down in his seat as half of the Rogues burst into laughter and the other half watched her with some concern.

he he he

you can feel sorry for him :p

Hobbie was torn between both. He enjoyed seeing Wes get rejected from time to time ? usually the man deserved it ? and the fact that this rejection was delivered through a third party made it that much more entertaining. But the fact that she?d mentioned his home world had piqued his interest. He settled for smirking in Janson?s general direction, but kept his eyes fixed on the woman at the front of the room.

o_O

He?d been sympathetic to the Alliance even as a teenager on Ralltiir, before he?d left for the Academy, though he?d rarely voiced his thoughts on the matter. That was a good way to get shot, and he wasn?t too keen on that idea. He hadn?t known any other Rebel sympathizers, though he?d known more than one person who strongly supported the Empire.

not easy then

?I?m sure that you were all thrilled to hear that one of General Cracken?s people was going to address you about a mission.?

don?t like that guy :p
    *starts ranting*
    better not :p

Thrilled is hardly the word I would have used, Hobbie thought to himself. More like?concerned, alarmed, terrified?.

my thinking :p

?The reason for that,? she went on, ?is that you?re being loaned to Intelligence.?

ouch!

The relative quiet that had reigned over the room ended at that moment. Hobbie kept his mouth shut, but he could completely understand why the others weren?t. Working with Cracken is bad enough?never mind working for him. He heard Janson exclaim, ?Wedge, have you forgotten what happened the last time we worked for Cracken??

he he he

:p

Instantly, the room fell silent ? though the silence lasted only seconds. It was broken when Janson?s chair, teetering out of Wes? rush to salute their CO, finally succumbed to gravity and hit the floor with a crash.

Wedge shook his head, returned the salute, and motioned for them to sit down again.

?I have my reasons for agreeing to this,? he said, focusing on each pilot in turn. ?I?m not going to go over them at this point; I?m going to trust you all to trust me. If any of you have a problem with that, take it up with me personally. And kindly allow Major Tierney to brief you.?

Hobbie was surprised at that. Wedge didn?t pull rank like that very often ? he was usually fairly open with the squadron. He couldn?t help but wonder what was diffe

12. Lady_WinterCelchu

Lady_WinterCelchu Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2003
    I know i said i wouldn't be online this week. But i just had the worst exam day and needed a boost. Thanks Jes you always manage to cheer me up, A good read is just what i needed.

I will post the teaser in a couple of minutes and edit it when it gets back from my beta. so it may have some mistakes.

can't wait to see where you go with this.

13. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    I didn't even THINK about your story until after I'd written this. However, I shall be following your lead in not telling anyone what's on the datacards...because it's integral to the fic that they not find out til close to the end

YES!

VINDICATED AGAIN!!!!

14. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    This looks really good!! I can't wait to find out what's so important about the datacards . . .

15. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Mag
    that hurt
    Just his pride...but he'll bounce back

you can feel sorry for him
    Ah, why?

don?t like that guy
    *starts ranting*
    better not

I am finding myself in a position where I need to defend Cracken...this isn't his fault. This isn't even Intel's fault. This is Lana needing to do her job and deal with hardheaded Rogues

okay I say she is arrogant!
    FACPOV....you will understand her better when you see more of her...

I dislike her!
    That's fine...you'll probably come to dislike her even more as time passes

live with it
    Or die because of it... *oops*

that is as would you forbid someone to think for his own
    Wedge is trying to protect him...he's not trying to push Hobbie around

Lady_Winter
    Glad to have you on....hope to see you on Shades, too, once you find the time. :D Again, good luck on your exams

And I'm glad I've piqued your interest. I hope you like where I decide to go. This is a little different type of story for me and it's about to get complicated.

Red
    I...yeah...

:p

Nat
    That is what you go by, right?

As for the datacards, I'm afraid that things won't get cleared up anytime soon...There's a very good reason Lana won't tell them what's going on.

Glad you like it...and welcome

~Jes~

16. Anastasia_Fel

Anastasia_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    ?The Wraiths would be perfect,? Tierney replied. ?Unfortunately, they are otherwise disposed at the moment. And we need people who can transport themselves on and off the planet ? individually, if necessary ? but who we know we can trust for such a delicate assignment. You?ve done good work for Intelligence in the past, and such activities as your roles in taking Coruscant speak highly of you.?

Ain't that just so typical? You do one favour for them, then your on the calling list for the rest of your life

*shakes head*

17. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Ooo... very cool so far, Jes! I love how you write Hobbie!

*runs back to class*

~Jenn

18. SweetPea

SweetPea Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 8, 2004
    [sings] Postie, postie, postie, postie! [/sings]

*regains composure and attempts to look dignified*

19. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Sam
    [face_laugh] Yeah...but this time it's not just Intel's influence that got them involved.

Targeter
    Welcome :)

I've actually just started paying attention to Hobbie in the last couple of months...so I'm glad you like how I'm writing him. He's the Rogue I have the least...experience...with

SweetPea
    [:D] Thanks! I love getting requests for new posts. It makes me feel loved. :D

Hear that, everyone?

~Jes~

20. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    A/N: I apologize if my writing is off in this chapter as much as it was in the last...

[b]Chapter 2[/b]

Hobbie sat down at the desk in his living room and logged on to the New Republic?s restricted database. Because of his position in Rogue Squadron he had access to information that the general population didn?t have ? not that he needed it for this. All he was interested in ? at this point, at least ? was Ralltiir?s governmental structure, and that was public knowledge. Bringing up his planet?s profile, he went to the page that listed the makeup of the current Secretariat. Scanning down the list of names, he saw several that he recognized, most because they?d been politicians even when he?d last been on the planet. Of all of the names, though, there were only three that he really felt a need to pay close attention to.

The current President, Karl Desaten had been a minor politician back when he?d left Ralltiir. Desaten had been ambitious and an avid public supporter of the Empire, but in fact he?d gone to great lengths to aid the Rebel cells in their efforts. Hobbie had seen his name pop up here and there over the years and wasn?t surprised to see that he?d attained such high office. He was surprised, however, that he wasn?t cooperating with the New Republic on whatever was going on. He made a mental note to see what he could find out about him once they reached Ralltiir.

The next was the Minister of Galactic Affairs ? a fancy title for the Ambassador to the New Republic, it seemed. Ana Janik had been a friend of his older sister. He remembered taking her to the spaceport after the fever epidemic. She?d hated the Empire after that; she was convinced that they could have saved more lives had they taken a more active role in combating the outbreak. At seventeen, he hadn?t been sure what more they could have done. But now, having lived through most of the war, having seen planets raised and half of Coruscant suffering from the Krytos Virus, he knew better. He wasn?t surprised to see her in such a position, either, even though it meant she?d returned to a world she?d never wanted to see again.

The name that meant the most to him, however, belonged to the Minister of Domestic Affairs. Alek Cesra had been a good friend of his growing up ? their parents had been friends even before the two boys were born. When the fever had claimed his parents and sister, and Alek?s older brother ? his guardian at the time ? they?d supported each other through it. He?d lost track of the other man after he left for the Academy and had regretted it, but had never had the opportunity to repair the damage.

That Alek was now so highly placed surprised him, and he opened the file on his old friend. From the looks of it, he?d started his climb right after Yavin, helping out in the efforts to rebuild the planet once it had been liberated and was receiving aid from the New Republic. He wondered idly what had caused his friend to choose such a direction for his life. Maybe, like Ana, he?d blamed the Empire for the thousands of lives the fever had claimed.

Hobbie pushed the datapad aside and rubbed at his eyes. He felt strange doing this research. Normally, he?d have just sat back and gone along with whatever he was told. But this wasn?t a normal mission. This was about his planet, and he?d been told to stay out of it.

So, naturally, that was the last thing he wanted to do.

Wedge punched the button on the comm unit. That woman was infuriating!

Lana Tierney had called to inform him that the Rogues? cover identities were changing. Hobbie was supposed to have been paired with Karin, Rogue 4, and the two were going to pose as newlyweds on holiday. However, Tierney had just decided that she was going to go in Karin?s place, and Karin would now be with Janson and Corran.

Tierney had made it clear that she viewed Hobbie as a threat to this mission, and no amount of arguing on his part would change her mind. It unnerved him that she felt the need to watch over Hobbie lik

21. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    EDIT:
    first post!
    [face_thinking] how did i manage this :p

Hobbie sat down at the desk in his living room and logged on to the New Republic?s restricted database. Because of his position in Rogue Squadron he had access to information that the general population didn?t have ? not that he needed it for this. All he was interested in ? at this point, at least ? was Ralltiir?s governmental structure,

o_O

and that was public knowledge.

Hah!
    he ignores the orders :p

Bringing up his planet?s profile, he went to the page that listed the makeup of the current Secretariat. Scanning down the list of names, he saw several that he recognized, most because they?d been politicians even when he?d last been on the planet.

*nods while reading*

Of all of the names, though, there were only three that he really felt a need to pay close attention to.
    The current President, Karl Desaten had been a minor politician back when he?d left Ralltiir. Desaten had been ambitious and an avid public supporter of the Empire,

o_O
    not good :p

but in fact he?d gone to great lengths to aid the Rebel cells in their efforts.

Hah!

Hobbie had seen his name pop up here and there over the years and wasn?t surprised to see that he?d attained such high office. He was surprised, however, that he wasn?t cooperating with the New Republic on whatever was going on.

[face_thinking]

He made a mental note to see what he could find out about him once they reached Ralltiir.

The next was the Minister of Galactic Affairs ? a fancy title for the Ambassador to the New Republic, it seemed. Ana Janik had been a friend of his older sister.

o_O
    oi

He remembered taking her to the spaceport after the fever epidemic. She?d hated the Empire after that; she was convinced that they could have saved more lives had they taken a more active role in combating the outbreak. At seventeen, he hadn?t been sure what more they could have done. But now, having lived through most of the war, having seen planets raised and half of Coruscant suffering from the Krytos Virus, he knew better. He wasn?t surprised to see her in such a position, either, even though it meant she?d returned to a world she?d never wanted to see again.

interesting...

The name that meant the most to him, however, belonged to the Minister of Domestic Affairs. Alek Cesra had been a good friend of his growing up ? their parents had been friends even before the two boys were born. When the fever had claimed his parents and sister, and Alek?s older brother ? his guardian at the time ? they?d supported each other through it. He?d lost track of the other man after he left for the Academy and had regretted it, but had never had the opportunity to repair the damage.

o_O
    mhhh...
    nice connection ;)

That Alek was now so highly placed surprised him, and he opened the file on his old friend. From the looks of it, he?d started his climb right after Yavin, helping out in the efforts to rebuild the planet once it had been liberated and was receiving aid from the New Republic. He wondered idly what had caused his friend to choose such a direction for his life. Maybe, like Ana, he?d blamed the Empire for the thousands of lives the fever had claimed.

Hobbie pushed the datapad aside and rubbed at his eyes. He felt strange doing this research. Normally, he?d have just sat back and gone along with whatever he was told. But this wasn?t a normal mission. This was about his planet, and he?d been told to stay out of it.

that is not nice ;)
    telling someone to stay out of it when it concerns him

So, naturally, that was the last thing he wanted to do.

he he he

Wedge punched the button on the comm unit. That woman was infuriating!

Lana Tierney had called to inform him that the Rogues? cover identities were changing.

sounds after trouble :p

Hobbie was supposed to have been paired with Karin,

hey, th

22. Lady_WinterCelchu

Lady_WinterCelchu Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Ouch. I'm not sure whether i should start liking her or not.

23. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    Another interesting post... very intrigueing...

And was Lana an old girlfriend from childhood that Hobbie doesn't remember/recognize?

24. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Mag
    How DID you get first post? :D

he ignores the orders
    You expected otherwise?

mhhh...
    nice connection

No comments on the bits about Hobbie's history, his parents' and sister's deaths? I thought that would get some kind of reaction for sure.

would he really do something stupid? *thinking* don?t believe so
    You'll understand her perspective more later, trust me

so it is Leias fault *grin*
    Um, yeah, more or less

a bit drastic the good lady
    She would disagree

good idea, intel don?t need to know that
    Exactly what Wedge is thinking...

BOOOOM
    You have no idea...Hobbie is in for a LOT of BOOMS

[face_alien]
    What is that for?

oi!
    Didn't like that line, hmm?
    And by the way, Wedge isn't exaggerating...he's (literally) deadly serious

you are already with him partnered what else can you do?
    A lot...she is intelligence, remember?

Jes, she is getting on my nerves
    Good...but, again, just wait and see where I go with her. And you will, eventually, understand why she is like this.

she is playing her own game!
    Not really...she's been as up front with Wedge as she can afford to be for the mission

they have already agents there?
    Oh yes...yes, they do

what is she thinking? Does she trust anyone?
    Not for this...but she has her reasons. You just don't get to know what they are yet

she is evil!
    She's just doing her job.

Lady_Winter
    Well, in her defense, she's doing her job, and she has reasons not to trust any one.

But if it helps you make up your mind about her, what Wedge said about a blaster bolt to the back of Hobbie's head...

He's not exaggerating. She'll do it if necessary.

Red
    And was Lana an old girlfriend from childhood that Hobbie doesn't remember/recognize?
    Well, you should know me well enough by now to know that I won't give you an answer to that...

I will say this, though...if you are thinking ANYTHING along those lines, it means you've picked up on one of the million or so hints I've given in these two chapters...and that makes me feel better. [:D]

And hopefully this will get much more intriguing as it goes on.

~Jes~

25. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Jes': A/N: I apologize if my writing is off in this chapter as much as it was in the last...

Why? I was intrigued from the start last time - so this time, there's definately no need to apologize for prosestyle or plotting, eihter...

Yes, she decided. She had underestimated him. Mentally, she upgraded him from the potential problem she?d categorized him as yesterday to a definite threat. She needed to watch him closely.

:D I like this - the way in which Hobbie's circling the targets, and she's circling him in the same way...

But, hmm... is there a frisson of something else there? [face_thinking]

- The Imperial Ewok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.