main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends False Truths - Rogues - 4/6 - AUTHOR'S NOTE *sigh*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jesina_Dreis, Jan 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    SweetPea!!! [:D] Better? [:D]
    You guys just may as well start a "Let's beat sense into Corran" club...I'm not sure how you find that funny though...
    Yeah, he stopped it...this time...but there are no guarantees about next time [face_devil] And no, I'm really not trying to be evil.
    Bad things...yes, bad things are coming... [face_worried]
    Don't read too much into Hobbie's reaction to Alisse...he's seeing her face-to-face for the first time and realizes how much she looks like her mother. :)
    I have NO intention of doing anything to Alisse. She will be all right. I promise. :)
    You have NO idea of how complicated this is all about to get....the Landis situation I mean [face_devil] And it's not about becoming public, per se...
    The rescue...yes, there will be one...won't be TOO terrible...[face_devil]
    And give Corran and Karin some credit...they aren't THAT irresponsible!!! :mad: :p

~Jes~

2. SweetPea

SweetPea Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 8, 2004
    Aw, I got my own post response. Yay!

And no, I'm really not trying to be evil.
    Silly, we know. You're evil without trying! :p

I have NO intention of doing anything to Alisse
    Phew. I guess I can let her out of my closet then, huh?

You have NO idea of how complicated this is all about to get....the Landis situation I mean
    You mean...more complicated than it is already? Oh DEAR...

The rescue...yes, there will be one
    Hah! So you admit it! :p

3. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    You locked her in the closet!! Now who's the evil one? :p

Oh, FAR FAR more complicated... ;)

4. SweetPea

Dec 8, 2004
    You locked her in the closet!!

I prefer to call it "taking her into protective custody." :p

We. Want. A. Postie!!!!!!!

5. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    There will be a post hopefully sometime tomorrow. I've been busy with the index and I have an exam tomorrow morning/afternoon...after that, though, I'll do my best.

Stupid public policy....

6. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Chapter 19

Wes poured the last of his caf down the drain and shook his head. Being a pilot had forever ruined normal caf for him. Regular-strength stuff tasted so weak now.

He glanced over at the chrono on the wall. Alisse didn't have dance for the second day in a row - her teacher's sister's husband was sick, or something like that - but she'd gone to bed early, so he was roaming around aimlessly.

Walking out of the kitchen he stopped short and did a double-take. Stepping out of the stairwell at the end of the corridor was a man who looked very familiar.

That could be because he'd seen the man the previous morning, kissing his squadron mate.

He backpedaled quickly into the kitchen before Landis could see him, and pressed himself against the wall, hoping the man wouldn't decide he needed some weak caf. If he did, well? that was what stun settings were for.

But after a few minutes passed without him coming in, and Wes breathed a little easier, until he thought about what this meant for them.

Everything was compromised. The fact that they knew where Wedge was, the meeting they were going to have tomorrow to plan a rescue, the fact that Alisse knew what was go- His eyes went wide and broke into a run. Those stairs that Landis had just come down? they led almost straight to his and Alisse's rooms.

He took the stairs two at a time, almost knocking over the housekeeper and the towels she was carrying. Trying Alisse's door and finding it locked, he started pounding on it. "Alisse!" he called, struggling to be loud enough for her to hear - provided she was all right - but not so loud as to alert Landis if he was still in the house.

About thirty seconds passed and then her door slid open. "Alon?" she asked, blinking at him sleepily.

"Force," he murmured, pushing by her and walking over to her closet.

"Alon, what are you doing?"

"Close the door," he replied, disappearing into the closet and coming back with a small overnight bag in hand.

"Wes, what's going on?"

He set the bag down on the bed and turned to her, feeling badly as he'd clearly scared her. He could hear it in her voice. "One of the people we've been working with was here. There's no reason he should be, unless he's helping your father. And that means your dad probably knows everything, including that you helped us. I don't think your father would hurt you, but I don't want Landis - that's the guy who's supposed to be on our side - to get any ideas."

She sat slowly on the bed. "What? what are you going? where are we going?"

"We're going to go stay with Karin and Corran for the night, I think," he said. "We'll be safe there, and I can talk to them and then comm Tycho and figure out what to do. I'll tell Helenna that, I don't know, that Karin wanted to have you sleep over with her, some kind of girls thing." He shrugged.

"But it's kind of late?" Alisse trailed off, looking nervous.

"Well, you didn't tell her you were going to bed, did you?"

"No? she was doing the wash."

"Well, I'll tell her Karin was going to go out but her plans got changed, so she stayed in and she wanted to see you. I don't know. I'll come up with something. Just, throw some stuff in the bag and get dressed and we'll go. I'm just gonna go to my room for a second. Don't let anyone in but me, okay?"

"Okay," she replied hesitantly, looking between the bag and her dresser.

"So Alisse was right. Either we say to hell with subtlety and go through the front gate, or we go by water," Corran said. He was eternally grateful to have something to focus on other than himself and Karin and the close call they'd had that morning. He'd done his best to stay as far from her as possible ever since, and scouting out the property that afternoon had been a good excuse. Splitting up had let them cover more ground in less time, and it had let him function with a clear head.

He could guarantee that if they'd stayed together, he'd have been too distracted to remember his own name.

"By water," she sa

7. Rowan_Jade

Rowan_Jade Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2003
    *snags first reply*

Now.... to read it...........

Reviewishness:

That could be because he'd seen the man the previous morning, kissing his squadron mate.

Someone ELSE is kissing Corran?????????? :p

He could guarantee that if they'd stayed together, he'd have been too distracted to remember his own name.

Um, Corran? how?s about you remember your WIFE?S name ????

This doesn't-" Then his eyes widened. "I think I know what's going-"

Well????? Tell us!!!!!!!!

"I can," Karin said. "You're the one who-hey! You said you knew what's going on."

"It can wait until tomorrow," Corran replied, disappearing toward the bedroom. It could. It was too late to do anything now, and besides? he wanted to make sure what he was thinking actually made sense.

NO!!!! It?s CAN NOT wait until tomorrow!!!! Can?t you at least kick around some ideas with them Corran??? Drop a not-so-subtle hint?. Play 20 questions with Wes, SOMETHING???????????

CRAP!!! Crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap!!!!! I?m soooooooooo confused!!!!!

8. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    *raises hand* I am....but glad to see my baby! And Wes and Alisse are cute...love all of them together. :)

ANd YES YES YES YES YES you are evil!

can't wait for more though!

9. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    *snickers at the whole caf frame*

*waits for Wes to get insanely jealous of Landis*

*gasps at the immense amount of trouble they're currently in*

Oh, good. Let's talk about someone other than me who's currently in the process of screwing up his life

[face_laugh] Good for you, Corran - at least you realize that you're a TOTAL MORON! Especially with the whole "hey, I figured out the whole thing but I'm not going to tell you because I'm too busy destroying my marriage to make sense of my own thoughts!" thing.

Overall, well done, Master Fiend. ;)

10. RogueMara

RogueMara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2005
    *bangs head on wall* truly evil, Jes... [face_devil]

Let's prolong it a little more, then, shall we? :p

You guys know what this means, right - nobody in the story is actually going to say anything about what's going on until...oh...about mid June? lol :p

I really liked the update, though...despite certain evilness... ;)

11. SweetPea

Dec 8, 2004
    Postie, postie, postie, postie...

That could be because he'd seen the man the previous morning, kissing his squadron mate
    !! Is it...

before Landis could see him
    It is!! I'm anticipating some...complications...

Those stairs that Landis had just come down? they led almost straight to his and Alisse's rooms.
    Oh no! You said you wouldn't hurt her!!! :mad:

"Alon?" she asked, blinking at him sleepily.
    Okay, okay...you didn't hurt her :p I like the attention to detail here, she is half asleep and calls him by the name he was introduced with.

some kind of girls thing
    *snicker*

"Desaten," he corrected
    Okay. Call me crazy...but I've been thinking this ever since I first read this name...isn't Desaten the name of a diaper rash ointment brand?

Oh, good. Let's talk about someone other than me who's currently in the process of screwing up his life
    *snicker* So DO something about it Corran! *shakes head* Men...

Then his eyes widened. "I think I know what's going-" He broke off when there was a knock at the door.
    Tell us!!!!

Y'all confused yet?
    Don't be ridiculous. I know exactly what's going on. [face_worried]

12. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Yes, I think evil is a good word to cover it... Very nice post otherwise. ;) Corran, Corran, Corran... Can this guy get any more aggravating? Almost cheating on his wife, and now he knows what's happening and WON'T TELL... Grr.

Waiting not-so-patiently for the next post... :D

13. LordInferno

LordInferno Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2004
    Cool.

You are still confusing me. Not really. Kinda. Maybe. I don't know.

14. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    *shakes head in confusion*

What the heck are you up to, Jes?

15. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    I'm actually not confused one bit.

So hah!

16. Rowan_Jade

Nov 14, 2003
    "Desaten," he corrected
    Okay. Call me crazy...but I've been thinking this ever since I first read this name...isn't Desaten the name of a diaper rash ointment brand?

Actually Spee, it?s Desatin, and yes, it?s a diaper rash ointment?. What was on Jes?s mind when she came up with THIS one?

I'm actually not confused one bit.

So hah!

Sheesh Red, don?t you know it?s not nice to fib? [face_liarliar] What about all those Jedi morals? Shouldn?t you be working on those?

17. JainaSticksSolo19

JainaSticksSolo19 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 31, 2003
    *wanders in and loks around*

Wow, i didn't think the thread would still be.
    Hi everyone, i'm back. sorry i haven't been here but i've been busy with alot of things and haven't been able to get on.
    anyway on o the posties, i loved them, they were really good but you are still really evil Jes but i mean that in the niceist way possible Jes. i leave and you go and do all this, i agree with talkingbanana Wes needs to get insanely jealous of Landis. i like wes/inyri. but its styill very good.
    more soon?

~sticks

18. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Very confused ;) But I loved the posts. Sorry I haven't replied for the last couple; you update fast!

19. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Ro - Someone ELSE is kissing Corran?????????? tongue *snickers* [face_laugh] If Landis was kissing Corran, then, well, that would make for a very interesting fic, wouldn't it?
    Corran does remember his wife's name... he's just... yeah, I got nothing ;)
    Hopefully things will make more sense after the next couple posts... there'll be a lot of information forthcoming. :)

Luney - You're confused? Wonderful! My evil plan is working. [face_devil] I'm glad you like the Alisse - Wes bits. I'm working hard on that part. :) Oh, and thank you for the torturing Corran bunny. [face_mischief]

Nanner - You laugh at all the evil parts. :p *shakes head* You guys are picking up on the fact that Landis is working for the other guy, right? o_O I mean, at this point, jealousy is far from Wes' mind. More like, someone's got to tell Inyri that her boytoy is a double agent. ;)
    And the reason Corran's trying to sort out his thoughts isn't because of Karin. :p It's because he's trying to make sure everything fits with what he's thinking. There's a lot going on right now.

Mara - You'll get some info in the next couple posts. :) I promise. Really. And I'm glad you liked my evilness. [face_devil]

Spee - Complications is putting it mildly. [face_mischief] Very mildly. No, I didn't hurt her. You should trust me more. :_|
    I pronounce Desaten as 'De - sot - in' (with a short 'o'). And Ro is right, you're thinking of Desatin
    If you know exactly what's going on, why do you want Corran to tell you? Hmm? [face_thinking]

K_A - Getting a bit mad at Corran, are we? ;) He's not being a jerk now; he just wants to make sure he really DOES know, to make sure that what he thinks makes sense with what little they actually know.

LordInferno - Now you're confusing me! :p

Thor - A lot, actually. [face_devil] You'll see. [face_mischief]

Red - Well, then. I'll just have to work harder at that, won't I? :cool:

Sticks - *pounces* You've missed so much, here AND on Shades. Where ya been? Huh? Huh? *bounces*
    [face_blush] Don't mind me. I have to go sit behind a desk for seven hours. I need to get my energy out while I still can. :)
    you are still really evil Jes but i mean that in the niceist way possible Jes [face_laugh] Thank you, Sticks. That just made my night!
    Wes/Inyri... [face_thinking] ...has possibilities

Nat - Glad you're confused. And don't worry about not replying. [:D] I used to be faster at updates, but Mag yelled at me. ;) Plus, I'm writing too many things right now to update as fast as I was before.
    Love your sig, btw. :)

~Jes~

20. JainaSticksSolo19

JainaSticksSolo19 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 31, 2003
    Hi Jes! i've been moving to a new state.
    i am on such a sugar rush. we went out to dinnner and when we got there i had a moutain dew and i poured like eight packets into it. and then i had desert, a chocalate cake and then on the walk home rob and i raced to the door and i won and then and then i got on the computer and i responded.

i'm gald you're happy Jes. i love wes/inyri, i really do. i can't wait for the next update.

21. SweetPea

Dec 8, 2004
    I pronounce Desaten as 'De - sot - in' (with a short 'o'). And Ro is right, you're thinking of Desatin

Whatever. I'm calling him President Diaper Rash from now on. :p

Sticks- Good to see you back around!

22. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Sugar mixed with Mountain Dew?

*pushes away her chocolate caramel popcorn*

I think that's too much even for me.

*shakes head at Spee*

I gotta go get ready for work. Sticks - make sure you pop into DownTime and join the conversation. Tomorrow is the beginning of Wes Week :)

23. Rowan_Jade

Nov 14, 2003
    Sheesh, you'd think the youth of today would all be walking around with no teeth.... Crikey Sticks!

But good to have you back..... go to DownTime, join the fun, kill Wes.... come on.... it's fun in a morbid, horrifying, "Oh my God what am I doing?????????" kinda way......

Hmmmmmmmm [face_thinking] 'President Diaper Rash'. Sounds good! Works with the 'evil creepy guy' and his alternate identity the 'creepy stalker guy'.

I'm thinking that Sticks' new title is going to be something like "Minister of Sugar Giddyness" but it just deosn't have a ring to it yet.... where's my blasted assistant at???? MARA!!!!!!!!!!!! I need some help here!!!!!!!!!!

24. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    GRRR!!!! You are so evil, Jes! Seems you can kill/maim/torture everyone except those who deserve it *cough*karin*cough*.

Good Job, though.

25. SweetPea

Dec 8, 2004
    Postie soon? :)

I know, I know, I'm impatient...

That's what happens when you spoil us with frequent posts...:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.