main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends False Truths - Rogues - 4/6 - AUTHOR'S NOTE *sigh*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jesina_Dreis, Jan 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    Valin - Karin's not that horrible. But if you think I'm not going to hurt her, well, you might be mistaken. And I haven't killed anyone in this. Yeah, I made Gavin sick, but he's okay now. All better. :p

Spee - Ask and ye shall receive. Sometimes. ;)

2. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    A little information for you...

[b]Chapter 20[/b]

Tycho frowned when Wes and Corran walked in, an extremely nervous looking Alisse between them, without Karin. But before he could ask where she was, Wes spoke. "Tycho, I need to talk to you."

"Can it wait?" But even as he said the words, he knew the answer was no. [i]What now?[/i]

He followed Wes into the bedroom and from there to the adjoining refresher. Wes turned the water in the shower and sink on full blast and asked, "Did you know that Inyri and Landis were together?"

If [i]this[/i] was what Wes was so worried about, Tycho was going to shoot him with his own blaster. "No, I didn't. But what does that have to do with anything?"

"Nothing, exactly. It just complicates things."

Tycho took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "Wes, if you're [i]trying[/i] to drive me crazy, this is really a very bad time."

"I'm not. Karin's not here right now because she's watching the house where they're holding Wedge, to make sure Cesra doesn't move him, or to follow if he does. Alisse and I haven't been in Cesra's house since 2200 hours last night, because I saw Landis there and I wanted her somewhere safe."

[i]Of course. Why not?[/i] "Shavit. This is Adumar all over again."

"Yeah, but now there's a kid in the middle of it."

Sithspit. They had to be reaching the point where it couldn't get any worse. There wasn't anything more that could go wrong. "Get her out of here. Get a hotel room somewhere and stay there. Leave your speeder here for Corran to take back, and rent another one." He walked back into the bedroom, digging in the top drawer until he found what he was looking for, and then rejoined Wes.

"Use this." It was a credcard. "It's my own money, in an account under another name." He smirked. "Winter and Iella set them up for Wedge and I after Adumar, in case anything like that were to happen again. There should be more than enough to cover whatever you need, and I'll get reimbursed once we're back on Coruscant."

Wes fingered the card. "You sure? What if you need it?"

Tycho shrugged. "I'll find a way to get in touch with you. Go."

Wes turned to leave but stopped and faced him again. "What about Inyri? She needs to be told."

Oh, yeah. There was that?. "Take her with you. I don't like the idea of you being alone, just in case anything does happen, and this way we just might be able to avoid tipping Landis off that we know."

Wes was quiet for a second, then said slowly, "All right." He paused, a strange look passing over his face. "That'll work. And maybe if Alisse is around she won't kill me."

Corran watched, not a little confused, as Inyri and Alisse followed Wes out of the suite. Looking to Tycho for an explanation, he saw their acting CO glance almost imperceptibly toward Landis, and understood. Then, before Tycho could sit down again, he stood. "I need to talk to you and Hobbie."

Tycho stopped, halfway to a sitting position, and straightened up. The look on his face told Corran plainly that whatever it was had better be important. "Fine," he said, and then turned to the others. "Amuse yourselves however you wish. Just don't kill the intelligence people." He shot a pointed look toward Tierney and Landis before grabbing Hobbie's arm and pulling him none-too-gently out of his seat.

Standing in the refresher - a bit too small a room for three men - Corran waited as Tycho turned the water on, getting the feeling that Tycho had just done this minutes before. Then he said, "I think I know what's going on? at least, what's happening now. I don't know what started this whole blasted thing, though." He saw Hobbie stiffen slightly and Tycho blinked. Obviously, that wasn't what he'd been expecting to hear.

Recovering, Tycho raised an eyebrow. "Oh really? Do tell."

"I think I know why we're being jerked around so much." He paused. "I don't think Tierney knows as much as she thinks she does - especially about the Lynda angle." Then he faced Hob

3. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Ooh good post, love the way Tycho's talking with Hobbie and Wes and Inyri in the end. Also great job with my baby!

Can't wait for more!

4. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Things are starting to make more and more sense...

Wes seems to grow up in your fics.

5. RogueMara

RogueMara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2005
    It's like watching water leak through the ceiling - one drop at a time :p But I love how this is all pulling together :) And I like the idea of the accounts set up for them after the Adumar thing :D

6. bkwormlisa

bkwormlisa Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2005
    Definitely good. And Hobbie is still being an idiot. Why the heck is he still refusing to talk? What does he think Tycho is going to do, anyway?

7. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    I love how Tycho copied Wes's idea of going into the 'fresher with the water on full blast. That was amusing.

They had to be reaching the point where it couldn't get any worse. There wasn't anything more that could go wrong.

As if they would ever get that lucky, for there to be a point where it couldn't get any worse. With Master Fiend controlling their destiny, it always does. ;)

Yeah, Corran got it! I had about half of that by myself - didn't think about Hobbie protecting Cesra and all that. [face_thinking]

Wes's confronting Inyri was very well done - one of my favorite scenes so far in the story, I think. *cheers for what could be the beginning of Wes/Inyri relationship*

Keep up the great work!

8. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Love your sig, btw.

Troy is my favorite movie :) And that last line is so sad!!!

Hobbie really needs to tell Tycho and corran what's going on!!

Aw, poor Inyri!! But maybe she can lean on Wes a little :)

Awesome post!!!

9. Rowan_Jade

Rowan_Jade Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2003
    *smacking forhead repeatedly*

How could I have missed a post???? DRL is sooooooo evil!!!! No fear, I have defeated him (temporarily though)!

Okay, reviewishness!

?Use this." It was a credcard. "It's my own money, in an account under another name." He smirked. "Winter and Iella set them up for Wedge and I after Adumar, in case anything like that were to happen again. There should be more than enough to cover whatever you need, and I'll get reimbursed once we're back on Coruscant."

Now where can I get one of those????? [face_thinking] [face_money_eyes] [face_thinking]

"I think I know why we're being jerked around so much." He paused. "I don't think Tierney knows as much as she thinks she does - especially about the Lynda angle."

Well???. That makes two, er,??.um ?.. *counting* ??.. A lot of us!

But I don't think you knew that he knew, at least not going into this."

But you knew that he knew that you knew that they knew that he knew that you knew, ya know? Or something like that.... :confused:

"Wes, I'm going to kill you now if you don't shut up and just tell me what the kriff you're talking about."

I smell another challenge response in the making!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

No further comments your Honor! :D

10. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    Ch.11: :eek: [face_sick] :mad: BAD CARRAN! BAD! BAD! BAD!
    Ch.18: :eek: [face_sick] [face_sick] :) WHEW!!

Jes, you are a FIEND! At least Corran didn't sleep with her. He NEEDS to talk to Mirax. Poor `Nyri.

Corran and Mirax are OTP. And now I'm reading 4 WIPs, 3 squadfics.

Put Wes and Inyri together. PWEASE. PWEASE. *wide-eyed-adorable-newbie puppy face* [face_praying]

11. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Great post, very intriguing. So we're starting to get tidbits of info... It'll be very interesting when this all comes together, to see why Hobbie is being so uncooperative. Nice conversation between Wes and Inyri. I like the way you write Wes, that you're not afraid to show a different side of him to the one we usually see. :) Great job!

12. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Oops. forgot to reply. Sorry sis.

pretty good chap, but don't let the challenge affect your writing. ;)

I'm still waiting for my title...

13. SweetPea

SweetPea Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 8, 2004
    See, this is what I love about your frequent posting schedule. I can request a post, and since I know the post will come soon, afterwards I can pretend it was my request that made you post!! :p

nervous looking Alisse
    Poor Alisse...:(

What now?
    Poor Tycho...:(

"Winter and Iella set them up for Wedge and I after Adumar, in case anything like that were to happen again.
    Hmmm, nice thinking.

before grabbing Hobbie's arm and pulling him none-too-gently out of his seat.
    Aw, be nice to Hobbie!! I take back my "Poor Tycho." I am replacing it with a "Poor Hobbie." So there. :p

"The difference is, Cesra's been protecting you and Alisse, and I think you've been protecting him. You didn't think he knew about Lynda."
    Hmmm...[face_thinking] I am interested to see the depth of everyone's involvement.
    Oh, and Hobbie is protecting his old friend? How noble...*sigh*

which means you two are on the same side
    On the same side as the guy who kidnapped Wedge? *shakes head*

"Alek would never hurt her!" Hobbie exclaimed. "And neither would Sera."
    "No, maybe not," Corran conceded, "although at this point I'm not too sure about that. But Landis might

There goes Landis again, complicating things...

"Do you feel like telling us everything yet?" The expression on his face said that he was expecting a negative answer, and he wasn't disappointed. Hobbie just shook his head, and Tycho sighed.
    Hobbie!! Don't be an idiot!! Tell them!!

"I need to tell you something, and I need to preface it by saying that you aren't going to like it, so please don't kill me for it."
    *snicker*

He was no good at this kind of stuff. But even he knew when jokes weren't appropriate.
    :(

Excellent postie. Um...so could you post one of your timelines again? I forget how far we are into the 72 hours [face_blush] And I need to know how nervous I should be.

Of course, it looks like Landis could cause problems before then...

14. LordInferno

LordInferno Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2004
    You know, I've stopped caring whether I am confused or not. Maybe I could go back in time and try to change the past, but make everything come true.

15. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Luney - I'm glad. I wasn't sure if it really would make sense for him to have figured that all out.

I was a little afraid people would get annoyed with Tycho for being snappish with Hobbie, but the general consensus seems to be annoyance with poor Hobbs.

Red - Good. :) I try to have Wes mature a little... of course, I keep putting him in situations where he doesn't have much choice in the matter.

Mara - It's like watching water leak through the ceiling - one drop at a time - [face_laugh] [face_laugh] True, True ;)

The idea about the accounts just kinda popped into my head. Glad it worked for you.

Lisa - He doesn't really think that Tycho's going to do anything... it's more complicated than that, and hopefully it'll all make more sense by the end of next post.

Nanner - I love how Tycho copied Wes's idea of going into the 'fresher with the water on full blast. That was amusing. - I'm glad. I was afraid it would seem stupid... dunno why....

There will be a point where it can't get any worse... for Hobbie and Tycho, anyway...

Were you figuring that Hobbie was protecting Alisse just like Cesra was?

And you're looking for some W/I action, hmm? :p

Nat - I actually haven't seen Troy... but I know the story somewhat. Of course Hobbie needs to tell Tycho... but he's not going to. Are you another one looking for a little W/I?

Ro - Are you trying to tempt me into writing Inyri killing Wes? :p

But you knew that he knew that you knew that they knew that he knew that you knew, ya know? Or something like that.... confused - [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] OH, Ro!!! Sadly, I was thinking that as I was writing. Oh, and Hon, you're supposed to be letting me unconfuse you...rather than trying to confuse both of us :p

Mirax - Corran WILL talk to Mirax, I promise you that... and of his own volition, too. I have that scene written out already.

And that's now three votes for W/I... I think you guys are trying to tell me something. ;)

K_A - Well, you'll be getting that next post. :D I love writing Wes this way.... plus, he strikes me as the type to be very nervous around a woman he really likes...

Valin - If that's a roundabout way of saying not to kill anyone, then... :p [face_devil]

Spee - Poor Alisse, Poor Tycho, Poor Hobbie... yeesh!! You're just a fountain of sympathy, aren't you? ;)

Of course Hobbie's noble!! And of course he'll keep being a stubborn idiot... it's part of his nobleness.

Timeline will come soon. :) But at the start of this meeting, they were about 17 hours from the deadline.

LordInferno - Well, it's good that you stopped caring about being confused... too bad it was just in time to have most of it straightened out...

~Jes~

16. SweetPea

SweetPea Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 8, 2004
    *pats thread on back*

Ooooh, it's okay, sad sad thread. Don't feel neglected by your author...I'm sure she remembers you exist...every now and then...maybe...

17. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    Yay! Smart Corran! He's being a good boy now. =D=

Great job with the C/K. You did it vrey well. I'm glad that I did the marathon read. I don't like Corran having an affair, but you do it so well.

You're still a FIEND!!

18. Rowan_Jade

Rowan_Jade Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2003
    Um, no..... she's apparently concerting her efforts at..... um.... well that other place....... you know! ;)

That & she was at a wedding all day today.....

19. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Spee - :p

Mirax - I know, I know. :p I'm glad you read it too. :)

Ro - Yes, I've been busy with DownTime, and the wedding. But.....

20. Valin_Halcyon

Jan 7, 2005
  21. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Chapter 21

"All right," Tycho said. "So, Corran, you'll trade off with Karin when you get back and let her know what's going on. Tell her where you're going to be at 2100 and be there, unless you're forced to move, in which case let her know immediately."

He turned to Gavin. "We're going to put the money Intel gave us to good use and buy all the supplies we're going to need? power packs, rope, a raft of some kind? and whatever else I come up with in the next hour or two."

He sighed, wishing that he'd been able to avoid having Landis sit in for this part of the planning session. But even if they were able to kick him out, he and Tierney would be listening in anyway. "I want to meet at the guest house where Karin and Corran are staying at 1900 hours - it'll give us time to go over things more thoroughly. Gavin and I will leave here around 1700. Myn, Alar? I want you two to head over at around 1730. Hobbie, you head over at about 1800, and Kalara and Ooryl, leave here by 1830. I want our departures and arrivals to be staggered somewhat so as not to raise any more suspicion than we already have."

"At 1900, we have six hours until the deadline Cesra set. By the time we get moving at 2100, we've got four hours. We're going to work under the assumption that he's going to stick to that, which means everything has to go smoothly. We're running against the chrono here, and we don't have time to go back and fix our mistakes."

Just then, his comlink beeped. It had to be Wes, checking in. "All right. Hobbie, stay her for a second. The rest of you can take off." He was going to have Hobbie go meet with Wes and fill him in. Not only that; he was hoping that, given some time alone with Hobbie, Wes could get him talking. The Tanaabian had a unique gift for that.

Wes listened quietly as Hobbie told him what had gone on after he and Inyri had left. It was more or less what he'd expected, and though he was sorry he wasn't going along for the ride, he thought Tycho had made the right decision having him and Inyri look after Alisse.

Then, he changed the subject, abruptly enough that he confused the kriff out of Hobbie. "So, what's the deal?"

Hobbie frowned at Wes. "What?"

"You. Tierney. Cesra. The whole blasted thing. What's going on?"

"Nothing. It doesn't matter."

"The hell it doesn't." Wes glared at him. "I don't know everything but from what I've heard, you're in a lot of trouble. And I want to know why."

"It's something that's been a long time coming. That's all." Hobbie went to step around him but Wes blocked his path.

"No. I don't expect Intel to tell us everything - or anything, for that matter. But last I knew, we were friends. You and me and Tycho and Wedge. What the kriff did you do that's so terrible that you can't tell us?"

"Seven hundred and fifty-seven thousand people, Wes. That's how many died in the epidemic. And they still haven't recovered from it."

Wes' eyes widened. All along they'd been saying 'thousands' had died. But he'd been thinking ten thousand, maybe twenty. Not over seven hundred!

Once he managed to scrape his jaw off the floor he asked, "And what, exactly, did you have to do with it?"

His friend's face took on a pained expression and he dropped onto the bed, face in his hands. After a long silence he looked up and said, "If I tell you this, you have to swear not to say a word. To anyone."

"Hobbs-"

Hobbie cut him off. "I mean it. Promise me."

"Is this really worth dying over?"

The Ralltiirian started, then said, "Yes."

Well, that was about as definitive as you could get. Wes sat down beside him. "All right. I promise. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to try to get you to tell someone."

He sighed. "Fair enough. It's? it's kind of a long story," he warned. "So you may as well get comfortable." Wes slid back against the pillow and looked at him intently.

"Tierney? Lana? her name used to be Sera. We were together, back before everything. We were bo

22. Valin_Halcyon

Jan 7, 2005
    first?

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! HOBBIE!!!!!

ratliir has only 3 million people?

23. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Edited to fix that... supposed to be seven, not six. And I have no idea how many people were on Ralltiir. *shrugs* I made it up.

24. Valin_Halcyon

Jan 7, 2005
    It still seems rather small.....

25. RogueMara

RogueMara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2005
    [face_pig]

I thought the pig's expression said it best, lol.

HOBBIE, YOU DUMMY!

I think someone needs to go a few rounds with that boy - you know, slap him around a little, make him see reason...[face_whistling]

I mean, yeesh...you're guilty, but not that guilty, you dope! :p

Gah!

More, please, lol [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.