main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends False Truths - Rogues - 4/6 - AUTHOR'S NOTE *sigh*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jesina_Dreis, Jan 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    *jaw drops*

. . .

Yeah, that's along the lines of what I had guessed, so I'm not too incredibly shocked. Just . . . yeah, okay, I'm shocked.

Not good. Not good. *sighs*

2. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    Poor Hobbsie... :_| :_|

Good post Jes. :)

3. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    everything makes sense now...

in that opaque kind of way...

4. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Ooh good post, poor Hobbie though...you better not kill him off in two stories! PLEASE :( :( :(

5. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Ouch! I figure there are a few more things to come out, aren't there? [face_thinking]

6. Rowan_Jade

Rowan_Jade Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2003
    *headdesk*

Ooooops..... no desk..... laptop......[face_thinking]

*headmattress*

It just doesn't have the same effect does it?

*Ro gets up, wanders away from laptop, bangs head on wall, says 'Stupid stupid stupid Hobbs, just stupid!' over and over, returns to laptop*

OW!!!!

That hurt!

Jes, I'd call you a fiend for being so mean to Hobbie, but that is just not carrying the weight it once did *sigh*

Oh well, great post! Thank you for some answers (Finally!)

YodaRo

7. SweetPea

SweetPea Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 8, 2004
    He sighed, wishing that he'd been able to avoid having Landis sit in for this part of the planning session.
    That's not good!! He'll screw everything up!!! Grrrr. I wonder if Cesra has noticed Alisse is missing and how he will react. Or are they still having their girls' night? (How long will that story work?)

he was hoping that, given some time alone with Hobbie, Wes could get him talking. The Tanaabian had a unique gift for that.
    Hehe. Yes. Hobbie, at least tell Wes what's going on!!

"Seven hundred and fifty-seven thousand people, Wes. That's how many died in the epidemic. That was a fifth of Ralltiir's population.
    :eek:

Lynda was able to find out, thanks to Desaten
    President Diaper Rash! :p

Wes stared at him, not a little stunned. His best friend had just admitted to being a knowing accessory to mass murder. Shavit. This was so much worse than he'd thought.

No, it wasn't. It wasn't worse than he'd thought. It was worse than he'd wanted to believe.

:(

"No." Hobbie swallowed. "Whatever the New Republic sees fit to do to me, it's deserved. The blood of hundreds of thousands of people is on my hands, Wes. I should have tried to stop her; I should have come forward about it. At the very least I shouldn't have cooperated. Whatever they decide, I deserve. Telling them about Lynda's role wouldn't make them go any easier on me, and it would kill Alisse. If by keeping that secret I can help her, it's worth it to me. I can't make my situation any worse."
    Hobbie!!!!! :_|:_|:_|:_|

*sniff*...well...despite the awful things you're doing to my Hobbie...I really liked that post. But I still want to hit Hobbie over the head with something. Maybe Wes will do it for me. Or, maybe Wedge when (notice I don't say "if") they rescue him.

But I can see how Hobbie got mixed up in that situation. He's not evil. There were just mistakes made...

8. LordInferno

LordInferno Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2004
    f. this. horse. s.

9. Rowan_Jade

Rowan_Jade Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2003
    And we'll just give THIS one a little

BUMP!!!!!

as well. Just in case Jes is inspired to update these anytime THIS CENTURY!!!!!

HINT

HINT

HINT

;) :p

10. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Whoops, late response... [face_blush] But updates have been slow as well so I don't feel too bad. :p

Very intriguing post, Jes. I'm glad that Hobbie's told someone what's going on. Hopefully Wes can now talk some sense into him.

That deadline's getting closer... [face_worried]

Looking forward to more! :D

11. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    Please post this CENTURY, Jes. Remember the :boom:s...

12. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    [color=000066]ANNOUNCEMENT: Due to DRL (and writer's block, but moreso DRL) none of my stories will be updated before next week. I have a few thousand pages of reading and 20 - 30 pages of writing to do.

My apologies. I will still be around the DownTime boards, but writing is going to be too much for my brain right now.[/color]

[b]Valin[/b] - Yeah, I thought more about that... and realized what an idiot I was... bleh... took out the second sentence there... *shrugs*

[b]Mara[/b] - The pig expression, huh? *backs away slowly*
    Hmm, maybe I could have Wes slap him around a bit...

[b]Nanner[/b] - I thought you'd have some of it figured out... And no, not good. At all.

[b]Myra[/b] - I'm just horrible to Hobbs everywhere, aren't I?

[b]Red[/b] - [face_laugh] Well... that's good to know... I think...

[b]Luney[/b] - You don't [i]really[/i] think I'd kill him again, do you?

[b]Thor[/b] - Well, a few... but nothing that's boing to absolve Hobbs...

[b]Ro[/b] - I know, I know... evil to Hobbs... evil to everyone really. But I've decided to start blaming it on my muse... so there. :p And yup, now you finally have some semblance of a clue what's going on...

[b]Spee[/b] - Well, if they had their girl's night, it would make sense for Wes to take Alisse with him the next day... she's been going with him the last few days. So they can hold out a bit longer. By the time he figures it out, though, the rescue will have taken place... I think. [face_thinking]
    Yeah... a lot of mistakes made. A lot...

[b]LordInferno[/b] - Um, yeah... ;)

[b]K_A[/b] - No, definitely don't feel bad. At all. Yup, the deadline is at 0100 hours....

~Jes~

13. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I actually haven't seen Troy... but I know the story somewhat.

It's one of my favorite movies, but it doesn't follow the Iliad very well.

Are you another one looking for a little W/I?

So THAT'S what it means. I thought it was Wedge/Iella . . . I don't care either way. I'm not sure where everyone got that pairing from.

Wow. Well, at least we know what happened.

14. SweetPea

SweetPea Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 8, 2004
    *Pats Jes on back*

It's okay, we will fend off DRL for you...

*whips out lightsaber*

Uh, I'll distract him, you should...run. ;)

15. RogueMara

RogueMara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2005
    The pig expression, huh? *backs away slowly*

You got a problem with the pig expression? lol :p

Hmm, maybe I could have Wes slap him around a bit...

[face_devil]

16. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Hope you get part DRL soon!!

17. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    Nat - credit for Wes/Inyri goes to the lovely and talented InyriForge. She's in my WUL and is a great pilot writer

Spee and Mara - I love you guys! [:D]

No, I haven't, Myra. ;) Not at all.

[color=347C2C][b]ANNOUNCEMENT

First off, this is identical to messages I've posted elsewhere, so if you've already read it, you needn't bother reading on. :)

I am very sorry to do this, but I've made the decision to leave the Jedi Council boards indefinitely. I might return in a month or two, and it is my hope that I will; however, I may not return at all. I will not be if things continue here such that moderators can bait users on issues of honest concern to said users with nothing being done, no apology, no nothing. It's too bad that good moderators tend to be few and far between. This isn't the only problem I have with the JC; there are a number of issues I have, and most of you are aware of them.

I will still be checking my private messages on a regular basis, and I [i]will[/i] be finishing my stories. They will simply be posted elsewhere. I can't link to the site here as it contains material inappropriate for the Jedi Council forums. I will gladly provide the link upon request, however, via PM, email, or MSN. Take your pick. :) Please, please contact either myself or [link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=1136666]Myri_Antilles[/link] for the link. I'd hate to lose readers or the connections and friends I've made here as a result of the problems I have with certain... aspects of the administration here.

You guys are great. The reason I'm leaving has [i]nothing[/i] to do with any lack of community I feel on these boards. I want to thank each and every one of you for supporting my writing so strongly. I appreciate it more than you know.

[face_hugs] Jes [face_hugs] [/b][/color]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.