main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends False Truths - Rogues - 4/6 - AUTHOR'S NOTE *sigh*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jesina_Dreis, Jan 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    Thor
    Mesa terribly sorry
    o_O Jar-Jar speak, Thor?

*nearly spits out his tea* You should have warned me, Jes.
    Where would have been the fun in that? ;)

I smell problems coming this way (especially when remembering a few passages from earlier posts, Lana's POV)
    *laughs evilly* You shall see... [face_devil]

~Jes~

EDIT: Yay for 100!

2. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    ANNOUNCEMENT

By now I am sure most of you have heard, but for any who haven't, here's some news for you:

The Jedi Council Forums (all, not just fan fiction) will be moving to another server.

The move is intended to take place before the release of RotS, and is due to a $2000/month asking price from ING to continue hosting the boards.

There is very little definite information at this point in time. There are two threads on the subject, one that is an "Official" FAQ, and one that is discussion and speculation. There is also a survey about what users would like to see in the new boards. All three are located in Comms, and the links are below. In addition, there is a notice/discussion thread in Resource.

The discussion thread expresses extensive...concern...over the potential consequences of the move. There is, however, a consultant who has been brought in to aid in the move and has expressed confidence that all will go smoothly.

However, apparently during the last move some threads/posts/usernames were lost. To that end, I myself am backing up my posts, PM's, etc. I don't expect anything to be lost, but better safe than sorry.

Also, someone said on the discussion thread that in the last move, everything that had been active in the two months prior to the move was carried over, and stated that users upped posts they didn't want lost in the move. That may or may not be necessary this time, but it's a heads-up for you all.

If any of you don't have the hard drive/disk capacity to save your own material and would like to, please let me know and I'd be glad to do it myself for you.

FAQ: We're Moving
    The Official FAQ, updated with information as it becomes available.

Survey: We're Moving. Please tell us what you want
    Mod-run survey asking what users would like to see (or not see) in the new boards.

Internet: We're Moving
    Discussion/Speculation thread about the move, new features, etcetera.

JC Forums Moving
    Discussion thread on the Fan Fiction Resource board.

~Jes~

3. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
  4. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Guys, I will get this updated tomorrow or you can all...I don't know...agree on one character in this story I can't hurt. Or something like that.

I really, really need to update this tomorrow...

*thinking*

who would i save?

*thinking*

perhaps corran? he was killed...
    inyrie? wedge? they are so a nice couple :p
    wes? would be needed for the girls ;)
    hobbs? you wouldn't dare :p

I don't know, I really don't know

Mag :D

5. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    That's Lana, dear...she is most definitely NOT Ms. Notsil

Lana, Lara... what? I'm so confused...

*deep breath* Okay, this one's La-NA. Right. Got it.

:p

6. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Thor
    Yeah...that's a good way to put it.

Mag

perhaps corran? he was killed...
    And you think I would kill him again?

inyrie? wedge? they are so a nice couple
    Yeah, they amuse me too...not that that means they're safe, by any means.

wes? would be needed for the girls
    [face_laugh] Are you sure women wouldn't THANK me for getting rid of him?

hobbs? you wouldn't dare
    Wouldn't I? [face_devil]

I don't know, I really don't know
    Well, you don't need to, because I'm updating today...just barely, but I'm making my deadline.

K_A
    Yup...and you don't even have to think about Lara, because she's Kirney in Shades. ;)

~Jes~

7. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Chapter 5

Wes rolled with Alisse, struggling not to rest too much of his weight on her, as the room erupted into screams. He finally stopped against the bar, sheltering her body from the shards of glass raining down over them. He heard twice more the whine of a blaster, even over the panicked shouting, and felt the floor shake as people ran from the room.

A few moments after that, everything was silent. "Stay down," he whispered, feeling the girl tremble. "You're all right." He hoped, at least. He hoped he'd gotten her out of the way in time, and that he hadn't given her more than a bruise or two when he'd pulled her down.

He rolled to the other side and rose onto one knee. It was amazing how quickly a couple of blaster shots could empty a room. There were only about thirty people left and, as he focused on their faces, he realized most of them were members of his squadron. That figured. Of course they would hang around. Then he saw a hand appear in front of his face and took it, helping himself up. It was Cesra, the Minister he'd been watching. "Your daughter," he began, turning to look at the girl. "Is she all right?"

He knelt down once more, reaching out to her. "It's okay." He pulled her back from the bar. "Your dad's here." That got her attention.

She let him coax her up and then ran to her father. "Daddy," she whimpered, throwing her arms around his waist as Wes stood by awkwardly.

He felt a hand on his arm. Turning, he saw Corran. Karin was leaning against the bar behind him, looking very drunk. "What happened?" the other man asked him. "All I saw was movement, and then I heard shots fired."

"Saw light reflecting off a blaster." Wes nodded toward the now-overturned table. "Two men, about the same height, one with dark brown hair, one light brown. Couldn't see much more than that."

"You said you saw two men?" Cesra's voice interrupted their brief conversation.

"I?yes?I saw a flash of light."

"And you just knew that someone was going to shoot at my daughter?" he asked, eyes narrow.

Wes racked his brain, trying to remember his cover. "I?I was in the police force on Chandrila," he replied. At least Intel had given him a cover identity that fit him somehow. "It was instinct?the light, I knew it was off a blaster; I don't know how, but I did. And you and your daughter were the reasonable targets, and she was in a direct line of sight from them?" he trailed off, looking helplessly at Corran.

Cesra apparently noticed. "Who are you two?" he asked, glancing down as someone disengaged his daughter's arms from around his waist.

As the girl was led from the room, Wes struggled to remember his cover name. Corran seemed to sense his trouble and spoke up. "My name is Dorak Kesag. This is my brother Alon. We're here with our sister, hoping to move to Ralltiir - our mother was born here."

"I see." The Ralltiiri man frowned. "I am Alek Cesra, though I suspect you are already aware of that fact."

"We are," Wes admitted, running a hand through his hair and along the back of his neck. Feeling moisture, he pulled his hand away and glanced at his fingertips. They were dotted with blood. How had he not noticed that?

"You should get that taken care of," Cesra murmured.

Wes glanced at Corran, and then back at the Minister. "It's nothing," he mumbled.

Tycho held Gavin back. "He's getting up. He's all right. And remember, we're not supposed to know each other."

"Yeah, but?"

"Wait," Tycho hissed. "Just?Wes may have already blown his cover as it is. We'd better try to preserve ours." They'd made the rounds and managed to talk to everyone, arranging a meeting - sans costumes - for late the next evening. From the looks of things, they'd have a lot to talk about.

"What if he did?" Gavin asked.

"Well, he couldn't exactly let the kid get shot," Tycho replied shortly, then took a deep, calming breath. He was the one who'd brought it up as it was. "If anything goes wrong, well, we'll deal with it." He s

8. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Why do I get the feeling that Cracken is in for a a few rounds as punching ball for the Rogues? :rolleyes:

9. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Um, yeah, she knows something... now Hobbie, either beat it out of her or kiss it out of her... heheheheh

10. Elena

Elena Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2003
    *yawns hugely*

So...tired...

11. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Probably the latter, redgold. Great chapter!

12. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    Oh, my.

They're in deep poodoo.

Much deeper than the inch of snow that is on the ground outside, paralyzing my city. Gotta love the South, eh?

That Intel chick is definitely not what she's trying to be. She's trouble. *figured that out all by herself*

13. Lady_WinterCelchu

Lady_WinterCelchu Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2003
    ouch.

And for the shared hatred of Cracken thread go here...

No really intel has sunk to an alltime new low.

14. SweetPea

SweetPea Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 8, 2004
    "Stay down," he whispered, feeling the girl tremble. "You're all right."
    Yay! Wes the hero. But I suppose he will still have some explaining to do...

Wes struggled to remember his cover name.
    *gulp*

"My name is Dorak Kesag. This is my brother Alon"
    Corran to the rescue.

No, these men were not who they claimed to be.
    Busted!

"They wouldn't have killed her!" Lana protested. Then her eyes went wide and she turned, running into her room.
    :eek: Uh-oh...

I am concerned for Hobbie's welfare especially now that Lana can't even keep her own mouth shut...WATCH OUT, HOBBIE!!!

15. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Thor
    Not Cracken?s fault this time. Yes, he?s given Tierney license to act, but other than that, this isn?t his ball game. It?s all her.

Next post will give you a hint about WHY she?s acting the way she is.

RedGold
    Oh, she knows more than something. She knows just about everything?except for the most important piece to the puzzle.

And which would you prefer? Beating or kissing?

Elena
    Sleep, Elena! Sleep! All the marathon reading you?ve been doing must be running you ragged.

Valin
    What makes you think that, Valin, dear? Hmm? And is that an indication of your preference on the matter?

Glad you liked.

talkingbanana
    Poodoo actually means food, not?the other thing. :)

As for Tierney, the ?Intel chick? ? what tipped you off? :p Actually, and I know I?ve said this a hundred or so times, but she?s not as much trouble as you think. [face_devil] No, really.

Yeah?where do you live, and how much snow you got? Because Florida practically declares a state of emergency for like an inch. ;)

Lady_Winter
    I have NEVER defended Cracken so much in my life. This is so NOT his fault?except that he gave Tierney license to operate.

Oh, and no, this is not an Adumar situation with an agent gone completely out of control.

And Intel actually isn?t doing anything wrong. Even Tierney, though her methods are a little, shall we say, unconventional, hasn?t done anything truly terrible. It?ll all make sense as the story unfolds more. Maybe even a tiny bit after the next post.

SweetPea
    Concerned for Hobbie's welfare? I can't imagine why you might be.

I can't WAIT til you read the next post. [face_devil]

And you have no idea yet of the future implications of Wes' actions.

~Jes~

16. Valin_Halcyon

Jan 7, 2005
    Does intel like to be stupid and evil (unintentionally)? I wonder how well they screen their candidates...
    Kind of reminds you of our own head of intel.. ;)

17. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Did you read what I wrote to RedGold?

They screen their candidates quite well, I think. But money and power corrupt easily.

However, Lana is not corrupt, nor incompetent.

As for our own head of Intel...yeah. I'll agree. Only I think most of our country's leaders are intentionally evil. But that's just me.

And a lot of my party...

18. Valin_Halcyon

Jan 7, 2005
    I was talking more in terms of the higher ups (like Darpen or Cracken).

19. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Darpen, well...that's the corruption thing at work.

As for Cracken, do you know his history? How he got involved in the Alliance?

20. Valin_Halcyon

Jan 7, 2005
    No...

Cracken isn't evil, he just forgets that the rougues are people once in a while.

21. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah, I'll drink to that.

Here's Cracken's history from the CUSWE:

He married a Corellian woman namde (sic) Josta, and they had two children before the Empire took control of Contruum. Airen and a group of supporters took to the hills, in an effort to thwart the Imperial forces at every turn. Josta set up safehouses, while "Cracken's Crew" crippled stardocks, sabotaged mining operations, and destroyed supply depots. As the Imperial commander began spending more and more time searching for specific saboteurs, the natives of Contruum developed their own militia. A hard-fought war was begun, and in the end, the Imperial Moff pulled out rather than waste more effort trying to subdue Contruum. Cracken recognized that the Empire was not as kind to other worlds in the galaxy, and decided to leave Josta and Contruum to fight for the Alliance. He provided valuable input during the early years of the Alliance, particularly in the areas of special forces operations. His knack for modifying devices to perform auxiliary tasks made him an invaluable teacher, and his bravery in the face of Imperial foes twice earned him the Nebula award. Cracken continued to serve the cause following the Battle of Endor, and became a respected statesman and military advisor for the New Republic.

It also says, regarding the Rogues:

He was responsible for the New Republic's position when the Rogue Squadron pilots resigned their commissions, and also negotiated the transfer of the Virulence to Booster Terrik. When the Battle of Thyferra had been decided, Cracken informed Wedge Antilles that the Rogues' resignations were never actually processed, and they could have them back if the (sic) so desired.

22. Valin_Halcyon

Jan 7, 2005
    Thanks for the info. I guess some of us sometimes need to be reminded that Cracken has to make some hard decisions...

23. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    I didn't know Cracken's back story until a couple weeks ago either. I finally looked it up because I was wondering how he got to be as powerful a man as he ended up.

24. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Great post! Some intriguing stuff in there. That last comment of Lana's -- :eek: that's a whoops and a half.

And that info on Cracken's background is interesting. [face_thinking] Not an easy life that he's had, I guess. Kind of explains a bit.

25. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Jes:

>perhaps corran? he was killed... <
    And you think I would kill him again?

you are evil [face_devil] Fiend :p

>inyrie? wedge? they are so a nice couple <
    Yeah, they amuse me too...not that that means they're safe, by any means.

:D

>wes? would be needed for the girls <
    Are you sure women wouldn't THANK me for getting rid of him?

you would get rid of YOUR man? :p ;)

>hobbs? you wouldn't dare <
    Wouldn't I? [face_devil]

FIEND!
    *pretending not to read further this story* :p

>I don't know, I really don't know <
    Well, you don't need to, because I'm updating today...just barely, but I'm making my deadline.

[i]Wes rolled with Alisse, struggling not to rest too much of his weight on her, as the room erupted into screams. He finally stopped against the bar, sheltering her body from the shards of glass raining down over them. [/i]

our hero will be so in trouble for his action!

[i]He heard twice more the whine of a blaster, even over the panicked shouting, and felt the floor shake as people ran from the room. [/i]

[i]A few moments after that, everything was silent. "Stay down," he whispered, feeling the girl tremble. "You're all right." He hoped, at least. He hoped he'd gotten her out of the way in time, and that he hadn't given her more than a bruise or two when he'd pulled her down. [/i]

*grins*

[i]He rolled to the other side and rose onto one knee. It was amazing how quickly a couple of blaster shots could empty a room. [/i]

Hah!

[i]There were only about thirty people left and, as he focused on their faces, he realized most of them were members of his squadron. [/i]

[i]That figured. Of course they would hang around. Then he saw a hand appear in front of his face and took it, helping himself up. It was Cesra, the Minister he'd been watching. "Your daughter," he began, turning to look at the girl. "Is she all right?" [/i]

=D=

[i]He knelt down once more, reaching out to her. "It's okay." He pulled her back from the bar. "Your dad's here." That got her attention. [/i]

the little girl must be scared to death

[i]She let him coax her up and then ran to her father. "Daddy," she whimpered, throwing her arms around his waist as Wes stood by awkwardly. [/i]

awwwwwwwwww

[i]He felt a hand on his arm. Turning, he saw Corran. Karin was leaning against the bar behind him, looking very drunk. [/i]

the girl should better learn to stop at time with drinking :p

[i]"What happened?" the other man asked him. "All I saw was movement, and then I heard shots fired."
    "Saw light reflecting off a blaster." Wes nodded toward the now-overturned table. "Two men, about the same height, one with dark brown hair, one light brown. Couldn't see much more than that." [/i]

oh oh...
    that can?t really suit with his cover :p

[i]"You said you saw two men?" Cesra's voice interrupted their brief conversation. [/i]

[i]"I?yes?I saw a flash of light."
    "And you just knew that someone was going to shoot at my daughter?" he asked, eyes narrow. [/i]

Hah!
    he will be so much in trouble :p
    and his cover is definitely blown ;)

[i]Wes racked his brain, trying to remember his cover. "I?I was in the police force on Chandrila," he replied. At least Intel had given him a cover identity that fit him somehow. [/i]

not convincing :p

[i]"It was instinct?the light, I knew it was off a blaster; I don't know how, but I did. And you and your daughter were the reasonable targets, and she was in a direct line of sight from them?" he trailed off, looking helplessly at Corran. [/i]

*grins*

[i]Cesra apparently noticed. "Who are you two?" he asked, glancing down as someone disengaged his daughter's arms from around his waist.
    As the girl was led from the room, Wes struggled to remember his cover name. Corran seemed to sense his trouble and spoke up. "My name is Dorak Kesag. This is my brother Alon. We're here with our sister, hoping to move to Ralltiir - our mother was

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.