main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Family Affair~ A Holiday Vignette~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by degausser, Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. degausser

degausser Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2007
    Hey all, this little plot bunny bit me today and I gave in to its temptation. I just felt like getting away from all the angst of my other story and writing something for the holidays. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.[face_praying]

Summary: Just some Holiday mush with the Nebrrie family.
    Characters: Padme, Anakin, and the rest of the Nebrrie family.
    Rating: G
    Time frame: Only a few months after AOTC

A soft sigh of contentment escaped the young Senator as she stood between her mother and her sister, all working on the Fete feast that started the week long celebration. Every so often her eyes would shift to the window overlooking the snow covered backyard where her nieces were playing.

"What was that all about?" Sola teased.

"What?" Padme asked, glancing over at her sister.

"That sigh."

Padme bit her lip nervously and turned her attention back to the food at hand. "I guess I'm just glad to be home," she admitted.

"We're happy to have you home, too, dear," Jobal said with a motherly smile. "The last few months haven't been easy."

"Mother," Sola scolded. "We don't need to bring the troubles of the rest of the galaxy into our kitchen on the eve of Fete."

"Sola's right," Padme said, moving to put the tray of vegetables into the oven. "This is a time to celebrate with family, not worry ourselves with all the goings on in the galaxy. I, personally, would much rather enjoy the company than discuss everything else."

Jobal moved to embrace her youngest daughter. "I understand completely Padme," she said, pulling back to look at her daughter. "But I'm worried about you."

Padme's brows furrowed. "Why?'

"Well, you must be so worried about that nice young Jedi who was. . . protecting you. . . before the start of the war."

"Anakin can take care of himself, Mother," Padme said, pulling away from her mother, hoping to hide the wave of longing that hit her every time she heard his name. "He is a very capable Jedi," she said, but it sounded like she was trying to convince herself more than the other two women.

Sola looked up and saw Padme wipe her eyes on her sleeve. "Have you heard from him recently?" she asked, suddenly worried by her sister's reaction to Anakin being brought up.

"I spoke to him a couple weeks ago," Padme said. "He is- was stationed at Rhen Var with his Master."

"Was?" Jobal asked softly.

"I don't know where he is now. I can only hope that he is safe."

Jobal and Sola shared a glance behind Padme's back. There was more to the story than what Padme was going to tell them.

"But let's not ruin the holiday spirit by worrying," Padme said, trying to sound lighthearted and failing miserably.

But the others nodded their heads in understanding and they fell into an easy conversation, staying clear of subjects too stressful.

Once all the main dishes for the feast that evening were placed in the oven to cook, Padme went outside to join her nieces in their carefree frolicking in the snow, hoping to hide, even for a little while, from her constant fear for her husband's safety.

"Aunt Padme!" Pooja squealed with delight, trudging as fast as her little legs would allow her through the snow to embrace her Aunt. "Come help us please. We're making a snowman!"

Padme smiled and let the energetic little girl lead her over to where Ryoo was rolling a large ball of snow for their snowman.

"Hi Aunt Padme," Ryoo said, looking up to grin at her Aunt. "Are you going to helpd us?"

"I was planning on it," Padme said. "If you don't mind."

"No! Help us, help us!" Pooja said, tugging on Padme's hand to lead her over to the base they had made for their snowman.

"The one Ryoo's rolling should be the one on the bottom," Padme said as she sat down in the snow next to her younger niece.

"Why?" Pooja pouted.

"Because the one on the bottom should be bigger," Padme explained. "This one's perfect for the middle though."

"I'll roll the head," Pooja said, jumping up and grabbing some snow to pack together in a ball before she started

2. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Great job, I loved it!!!

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Awwww [face_love]

I loved it! =D=

4. degausser

Jan 7, 2007
    HandmaidenVeme- Aw, thank you! [:D]

VaderLVR64- :D I'm glad you enjoyed it!

5. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    That was wonderful!! Sweet, romantic and heartwarming!!

Nice job:)

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    loved it, sweet and beautiful.

7. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Now that's an A/P story I can love. Wonderful job.

8. degausser

Jan 7, 2007
    Amidala66- That's what I tried for, its good to know it worked. :p

earlybird-obi-wan- Thank you! [face_blush]

Valairy_Scot- :DThank you!

9. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    That was wonderful!

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I can just picture Padme and her neices enjoying their snowball fight

and Anakin showing up was the perfect gift.

Great job on this

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

10. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    If only OUR family gatherings could be so peaceful and cozy....but nay! Rambunctious and messy and rowdy it is! [face_laugh]

Loved this! A perfect read for the Holidays. [face_love]

11. PrincessLeia_Fan

PrincessLeia_Fan Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2007
    You should see it at my house me and about 20 other people packed in one room ,paper flying every where, but that's my famialy and i wouldn't have it any other way!!! Now back to the story: it was aweasome and i loved it!!=D= =D==D= :D

12. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    this is very sweet, especially when Anakin came in! No holiday is right without the perfect beau :D

13. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005
    That was so sweet! I loved it. I wish canon was like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.