main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Family Guy, American Dad! & The Cleveland Show

Discussion in 'Community' started by JediTrilobite, Sep 30, 2004.

1. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Okay, I'm surprised again that there's no thread for this show.

Meet the Griffins: Peter, the big, lovable oaf who always says what's on his mind. Lois, the doting mother who can't figure out why her baby son keeps trying to kill her. Their daughter Meg, the teen drama queen who's constantly embarrassed by her family. Chris, the beefy 13-year-old who wouldn't hurt a fly...unless it landed on his hot dog. Stewie, the maniacal one-year-old bent on world domination. And Brian, the sarcastic dog with a wit as dry as the martinis he drinks. The animated adventures of this outrageous family will have your whole family laughing out loud.

Okay, who's a fan of this show?

2. SweetCuppinCakes

SweetCuppinCakes Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 19, 2004
    Family Guy is funny, but its no match for Futurama.

3. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    I agree with...sweetcuppincakes?

good name!

you should have a link to the email in your sig. :D

4. Obi-Sauron

Obi-Sauron Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2004
    I love Stewie. The English accent is great. and also it cracks me up that the family can understand the dog but not the baby.

5. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    I know! He's probably the funniest character there. Does anyone know when the new season starts?

6. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Some time in 2005. There is also going to be another show called "Amercian Dad". Its about a CIA agent who is way to into his job. Other than that the supporting characters are pretty much the same except that Brian is played by an alien and Stewie by a goldfish who's mind was switched with a nazi general.

7. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    By the same people?

8. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    "Damn you Tommy Tutone!" - Stewie

9. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Stewie has the best lines:

Stewie Griffin : No sprinkles. For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.

Stewie Griffin : [to ticket agent] Now listen to me...
    [looks at agent's name tag]
    Stewie Griffin : Jo-LENE. I've got an army to raise and I must get to Nicaragua. I require a window seat and an in-flight Happy Meal AND NO PICKLES. OH, GOD HELP YOU IF I FIND PICKLES

Lois Griffin : What's going on?
    Stewie Griffin : We're playing house.
    Lois Griffin : The boy is all tied up.
    Stewie Griffin : Roman Polanski's house.

Stewie : [plucks a banjo] Oh! I feel so delightfully white trash! Mummy, I want a mullet!

Stewie Griffin : Mother, life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get. Your life, on the other hand, is like this box of ACTIVE GRENADES!
    Lois Griffin : [oblivious] Oh, you want you toy back. Here yo go.
    [Gives Stewie his Ray-Gun toy]
    Stewie Griffen : Yes... well... VICTORY IS MINE!
    [he runs off - the sound of the grenades exploding is heard]
    Stewie Griffen : Damn you all!

10. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    "Someone has a dirty diaper.... oh, GOD, why does that turn me on?"

"Yo quiero pancakes! Donnez-moi pancakes! CLICK CLICK, BLOODY CLICK PANCAKES!!!"

11. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    Good show but The Simpsons still rule.

12. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    Good show but The Simpsons still rule.

i hate the way this always comes up. FG fans always feel the need to pee on The Simpsons, and Simpsons fans do the same to FG. not you, specifically, DarthLassic007, since you're not foaming at the mouth about it or anything, but it would be nice to see a whole conversation about FG go by without reference to our favorite three-fingered yellow family.

13. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I love Qugmiry Oh Right!

14. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    "Stewie, come complete our rainbow!"

"I have a better idea...let's play 'Swallow-the-Stuff-Under-the-Sink'!"

15. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I think this part made me really laugh listen to this

"Hey brain I think theres a message in my soup and it has brown little Circles and they say OOOOOh."

"Peter those are Chreeos." [face_laugh]

16. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    hehehe. The number of away messages that you can get out of this show is astounding.

Damn you brocali!

17. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I am Sad that the show is cancelled. :(

18. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Family Guy is hilarious. I've seen every episode multiple times, but they still make me laugh.

Stewie : [plucks a banjo] Oh! I feel so delightfully white trash! Mummy, I want a mullet!

That is my favorite line. :D

19. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    i hate the way this always comes up. FG fans always feel the need to pee on The Simpsons, and Simpsons fans do the same to FG. not you, specifically, DarthLassic007, since you're not foaming at the mouth about it or anything, but it would be nice to see a whole conversation about FG go by without reference to our favorite three-fingered yellow family.

Anybody who watches Family Guy owes it to him/herself to watch The Simpsons (and probably South Park too) because it wouldn't exist without it.

And Simpsons fans owe it to themselves to watch The Flintstones, which I do now that they actually started showing it again, because it is clearly the biggest influence on the show.

20. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    If they need to watch the Flintstones, then they should in turn watch The Honeymooners I'd think.

Personally, I can't stand Family Guy. It's a very weak and un funny show. I much prefer Futurama or early Simpsons. Futurama has actually made me "lol" in the past, a rare feet.

-P!-

21. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Family Guy rocks!!!

I've got Season 3 on DVD, but I'm too low on money just now to get the first 2 :(

Stewie is fantastic, name one other baby who came out of the womb with a map of Europe labeled "bomb here".

Does anyone know the name of the episode that has Peter offering to give Lois all his Star Wars figures to Lois, "but never the Fett-man"?

22. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Stewie is fantastic, name one other baby who came out of the womb with a map of Europe labeled "bomb here".

Hehe

23. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Funny show. :D

24. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    If they need to watch the Flintstones, then they should in turn watch The Honeymooners I'd think.

[face_laugh]

Exactly. ;)

25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    "Giants suck."
    ::guy at bar tries to attack Peter but Lois uses her black belt training to beat him up in a second::
    "Yankees suck."
    ::guy at bar tries to attack Peter but Lois uses her black belt training to beat him up in a second::
    "Knicks suck."
    "Krypton sucks."
    ::General Zod and the other two supervillians from Superman 2 attack Peter but Lois uses her black belt training to beat him up in a second::

::)

>> I am Sad that the show is cancelled.<<

Due to high DVD sales (and, likely, the good ratings on Cartoon Network), the show will be returning with new episodes in 2005 (or 2006).