main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Family Guy: Blue Harvest, Something, Something, Something, Dark Side & It's a Trap!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Master-Chief-Kenobi, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Master-Chief-Kenobi

Master-Chief-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 29, 2007
    I'm not sure if this has been posted BUT Family guy is airing a 1 hour star wars tribute right now if you have fox or global. Anyone else catching this? It's hilarious.

2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    "Hey dad, didn't Robot Chicken do this same this like, three months ago?"

[face_laugh]

3. Darth_Monopoly

Darth_Monopoly Jedi Master star 2

Jun 6, 2006
    That was one of the greatest things I have seen in a long, long time.

4. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    Right up there with the Robot Chicken special. And the Robot Chicken discussion at the end was the greatest thing ever, no doubt.

5. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    That was amazing fun. Well done. [face_laugh] :cool:

It would be great to see this in a theater with other STAR WARS fans and other FAMILY GUY fans. The STAR WARS/FAMILY GUY panel at STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV me and my wife attended was a lot of fun and the clips from this show that was presented during the panel got a lot of great reactions, a lot of laughs. [face_laugh] :cool:
    My wife and I caught that. It would also be great to see that in a theater with other STAR WARS fans and other ROBOT CHICKEN fans. We attended a STAR WARS/ROBOT CHICKEN panel at STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV, too. The clips of the show ROBOT CHICKEN did of STAR WARS that were presented during the panel also got a lot of great reactions, a lot of laughs. [face_laugh] :cool:

6. Falleen_Fan_No_1

Falleen_Fan_No_1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2007
    It's partway through where I am. I think it's hillarious! I was worried about the creepy guy being Obi-Wan, but everything is really funny!

7. Falleen_Fan_No_1

Sep 13, 2007
    What's everybody's favorite joke?

so far, mine is the "so I'm not so fat, am I?" haha!

8. Logann_Pheoba

Logann_Pheoba Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2007
    Hahaha sooo great :D. Eh yea the pedophile as obi-wan was consistently predictable but other then that the whole thing was awesome. Had some great great lines in it.

9. Falleen_Fan_No_1

Sep 13, 2007
    Edit: My new favorite joke was the Porkins joke!

10. Anakenobi

Anakenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2004
  11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Some of the insights in the show were amazing simply because they were obvious yet something I never even considered after all these yars- the most brilliant one was "Han"'s retort to Luke's "You don't believe in the Force, do you?" about how Luke's giving him attitude for not believing in something Luke hadn't even heard of a couple days beforehand. [face_laugh]

"Red October, shtanding by."

"What The Phantom Menace are you doing?" <--sooo gonna start using that alongside Frell and Frack...

And a Doctor Who reference too, ha.

And not only was Roger in the cantina, but so was Bender and (super-randomly of all) Coach Mcgirk from Home Movies!

12. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Fantastic stuff. I loved the John Williams stuff :D

But my favourite "nod" was the shot of DV in the distance after he kills Obi-Wan. His saber is the wrong colour :p

[/geek]

13. LukeRules_PadmeRocks

LukeRules_PadmeRocks Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2007
    I didn't care for Obi-Wan being a supposed pedophile. Outside of that, I thought the episode was absolutely super!! You could tell the creators put a lot of heart and soul into making it. And unless I'm mistaken, it looked like actual shots were taken from ANH for any scene in which something blew up. That was cool.

14. Jamiebacca

Jamiebacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    I love the Family Guy. I (obviously) love Star Wars. I love when two parts of pop culture collide (parodies, etc).

I wasn't that impressed by this at all. It was too long, and many of the jokes just ewren't funny or felt like an afterthought (let's re-create scenes shot-per shot! Awesome! Wait... we need to add jokes!)

There wre 4-5 things which were funny, but a lot of it felt really forced (pun not intended).

I dunno. I thought the Robot Chicken Star Wars special was FRELLING BRILLIANT. This Family Guy veriosn left me cold.

... the last scene where they were actually talking about Robot Chicken - that was very funny. And yes, I 'get' the Seth Green irony of it. Since the Robot Chicken episode WAS earlier and WAY funnier - it made the dialogue all the more ironic.

I wanted to love this episode of the Family Guy - but in my (apparently sole) opinion it kind of tripped and fell flat on itself.

(shrugs)

15. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    I agree. It was funny here and there. But it wasn't as funny as the Robot Chicken episode. The one good thing about the Family Guy episode was the attention to the visual detail. The visuals were quite nice, but the script just wasn't quite funny enough. I fell asleep half way through in fact. And woke up after about 10 minutes.

17. Jamiebacca

Jamiebacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    The attention to detail seemed to be the main focus - not the actual material. The shot-per shot scenes were good. Too good - almost as if the simply 'traced' them from the actual movie shots. Which was neat - the first few times - but I was also drifting off.

I was all psyched for some good laughs, but like I'd said - it fell flat for me. I WANTED to like it. Oh well, a nod to Star Wars is still a nod to Star Wars. I guess.

18. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I found it interesting how it mixed both OT, SE and DVD elements for it's stuff- it's mostly OT (Obi-wan's hut, Greedo shooting first, english tractor beam, S-foils, shockwaveless explosions, etc), with only about three SE shots (Sandcrawler, Falcon liftoff & X-Wing liftoff) and 1 DVD element (the electronic siren Obi-wan howl vs the original organic howl).

19. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    This crushed robot chicken. RC was decent but hardly in the same category as this episode. The only drop dead funny part of RC was the Vader phone call which is old. The ice capades skit sucked, the construction work on the DS was mediocre at best. Hell I can't even remember half the skits from RC.

20. nisomer

nisomer Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2004
    THAI fighters = the best part

21. RTDB

RTDB Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2007
    Oneone no if its on in the UK

22. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    I loved it! Rush and Chevy Chase's cameos were great. Nice to see the Griswold family has been going on more crazy vacations. lol And the bit with Han singing along with the music was great.

23. JediMasterKendo

JediMasterKendo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2000
    Family Guy Star Wars was alot funnier than Robot Chicken's Star Wars special.

I loved the Imperial March being played as elevator music on the Death Star

24. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    I forgot about the Griswald's. I love the shot for shot recreations on almost everything, especially the TIE fighter scene and the approach of the X-Wing's and Y-wing's on the DS.

Can't wait for the DVD.

25. Si_Titran

Si_Titran Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 11, 2007