main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Family Guy: Blue Harvest, Something, Something, Something, Dark Side & It's a Trap!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Master-Chief-Kenobi, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
  2. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    I lol'd.

[image=http://www.theforce.net/2010/rotjfamilyguyscreen7.jpg]

3. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Yes, that is indeed a brilliant no-brainer.[face_laugh]

4. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Thats pretty clever, but I just can't see Klause doing a good "its a trap!!!!!" with that soft German accent.

5. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    [face_laugh] That is too good!

6. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I figured they would have had Tom Tucker and Diane Simmons as Madine and Mon Mothma, but it looks like Mothma is just a generic female.

7. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    Peter's boss plays Mothma. I think her name is Angela.

And Carrie Fisher voices her. :)

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I thought she was voiced by Candice Bergen (Murphy Brown)?

9. DavBacca

DavBacca Jedi Master star 2

Jun 13, 2002
    Just saw It's a Trap, it was funnier than the other two.

Conway Twitty again!Damn you Seth. There is an even bigger waste of time in the show though that takes about four minutes, it's kind of brilliant.

There's a funny joke about the Special Edition in there. The opening crawl was probably the best part, try not to have liquid in your mouth during it or you'll spit it out.

10. DavBacca

DavBacca Jedi Master star 2

Jun 13, 2002

She was the voice of that sexual harassment worker in the ep where Peter becomes feminine.

11. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    How did you get to see it so early? Did it air on TV? I currently don't live in the U.S., so I'm guessing it aired only for an American TV network.

12. -Engelhast-

-Engelhast- Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2010
    Yikes. Better than Something, Something, Something which kinda sucked but still not not all that funny. Laughed at a couple parts.

Robot Chicken 2
    Family Guy 1

13. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Is there a giant chicken fight? If not, I'm not buying it.

14. Rexter-fangirl

Rexter-fangirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 14, 2010
    I just finished watching and I must say, there were several parts that had me laughing! But there were a few dragged out parts that just had me thinking "Alright.. we get it.."

Better then SSSDS IMO

15. -Engelhast-

Nov 15, 2010
    Pie Fighters? Really? I think Hardware Wars did this gag back in 1980 Seth. Sweet Jesus.

16. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    Here's the trailer:

17. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Don't buy it then. Unless there's a special cut in the DVD

18. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Are you kidding me? They made such a big bloody deal over Ernie being Boba Fett, and then they don't use him at all!?

19. -Engelhast-

Nov 15, 2010
    Rather than have an epic fight they made fun of the fact that Fett in the films went out like a total punk the moment he stepped into action.

20. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Well, that was pretty weak. I can't really give my final word on this latest installment cause I fell asleep halfway through it, but I guess that can't be a great endorsement of it, can it?

For the part I was awake to, I don't think I even grinned or smirked once. Jokes were falling flat, looong stretches of simple re-enactment of the movie without any real parody. Lots of jokes about body cavities... I guess the opening crawl was really being absolutely sincere with this paragraph:

21. PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2010
    Some of the jokes in It's A Trap do drag on for a bit too long. Overall its an ok parody, I mean its just Family Guy after all.

22. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    About the only thing I laughed at was Han/Peter's attempts to darken the movie up by making the Imperial troops dig their own graves outside the bunker entrance.

23. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Agreed.

24. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    It was really really funny especially that part where Peter makes the troopers dig their own graves. Overall I thought it was too mean-spirited. It was almost like the RLM prequel reviews. But yeah, waaay better than SSSDS. I wouldn't buy it or watch it more than once, but I appreciate a cheap laugh and this one had plenty. Oh and a good portion of the jokes will only make sense to fans of Family Guy and American Dad.

25. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    I enjoyed this more than SSSDS. Laughed out loud quite a few times. A slight smattering of f-bombs, but it's not as pointless as in its predecessor. I liked the part with Luke and Vader in the DS2 hangar at the end :p
    I think Blue Harvest set the bar too high. But then, SSSDS set it so low again that I enjoyed this.

I know, it's hardly a glowing assessment, but if you enjoyed the other two, you'll enjoy this. If you didn't enjoy the others, then I don't expect you to be watching this in the first place ;)