main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Family Guy: Blue Harvest, Something, Something, Something, Dark Side & It's a Trap!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Master-Chief-Kenobi, Sep 23, 2007.

1. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    Don't know what most of you are talking about. That was great, far better than both BH and SSSDS.

I loved all of Carter/The Emperors scenes. The scene in the rebel breifing room was funny and I really liked the part where Quagmire/C-3PO tells the Ewoks the story of the Fresh Prince From bel-Air. The head nod thing was incredibly annoying though.

Easy 10/10

2. None

None Jedi Master star 2

Mar 14, 1999
    A board member's work is in these Family Guy episodes, his story here:
    http://boards.theforce.net/fan_films_fan_audio_scifi_3d/b10015/30604084/p1/?24

3. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    That joke about singers from the Nineties is so true.

4. Embo

Embo Jedi Knight

Mar 27, 2010
    That extended nod scene on Jabba's skiff killed me. I've had that tuba theme in my head for days now.

5. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Family Guy has a habit of extending a joke just a bit too long. The head nod was funny. Then they did it again. And again. It stopped being funny.

Did like the Emperor in the Community pool area [face_devil]

6. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Some of you guys can say what you want, but It A Trap along with the other two were pretty good. The gags, well its family guy and what can you expect. The animation was just awesome. This is awesome 2-D animation at its best. Very good, also with the Robot Chicken episodes. Star Wars belongs in animation.

7. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Yes it really aaaaahaayhaayeaah.

8. Derrville

Derrville Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2010
    So It's a Trap has another one of those stupid Conway Tweety performances?

9. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I though Blue Harvest was pretty good (though we got to see the best bits at the FG panel at CIV), and Something, Something, Something Dark Side was even funnier. However, this one fell flat for me, for the most part. There were about five or six laugh out loud moments, but that was it.

Shockingly I found the crawl to be true as well, for the most part.

That Rebel suddenly jumping ahead into the briefing room was funny, the only other woman in the galaxy bit was funny, Lando with the David's Star badge, Emperor Pewterschmidt in bathing shorts was funny, the obvious AT-AT cut-out that doesn't match the torso's perspective (GREAT, ultra nerdy reference), the final Seth Green mocking that drove Luke over the edge was funny and two or three other moment were, too.

My favorite one, however, was the Planes, Trains and Automobiles reference with the AT-ST Drivers.

One of the most clever jokes of the episode.

Unfortunately, they showed pretty much all of the good bits in the trailer. Especially spoiling Vader's neck snapping was stupid.

Not delivering the Giant Chicken Boba Fett vs. Han Solo brawl was an expected ****head move by them which really... really cut this episode short of its potential. It would have been so entertaining to see them go at each other all over Tatooine and perhaps beyond.

Both this and Robot Chicken had the Emperor on the windshield gave. Interesting. Now that would have been funny had they made a reference how both shows are both ripping each other off now.

Maybe I wasn't in the right mood, I don't know. I'll give it another try soon.

Though, in hindsight, I think Herbert as Emperor Palpatine and Pewterschmidt as Obi Wan would have offered more potentially funny moments with Peter/ Han and Chris/ Brian, at least in ROTJ.

Also, no addressing the character casting choices to age ratio? I was wondering about Stewie and Lois ever since Blue Harvest.

No Han touching Leia's boob reference?

10. AdmiralKlausAkbar

AdmiralKlausAkbar Jedi Youngling

Dec 22, 2010
    Has anyone bought the "Laugh it up Fuzz Ball" set on Blu-ray? I've heard that is has a digial copy of each of the movies. Is that true? I haven't bought any on Blu-Ray and was curious before I go out and buy a copy.

11. Judicar

Judicar Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2009
    Just watched it. It was good to me but I think I still like Blue Harvest the best. My favorite parts:

- The Imperial "act casual" scene
    - Han shooting Lando at the Sarlacc Pit. Mort's screams of pain won it for me there haha.
    - Emperor in the pool scene

I liked the "nod" scene at the pit too but agree it went on too long. I don't understand how something like that makes it through the editing without being shortened or changed. Also, I'm not really a FG fan but I've seen enough episodes due to my brother always playing it in the background to say it's a tragedy they didn't do ANYTHING with Han/Peter and Fett/Chicken. They could have had these guys brawling through the universe in that scene and they didn't do a thing with them.

12. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    You know what funny is that today I was at the Best Buy in Pembroke Pines and I saw the It A Trap blue ray almost sold out. Also, The Force Unleashed 2 video was sold out on x-box 360, they still had playstattion 3 and wii. So while the comedy was a little on the flat side, and the vide game a little short on the game play side. They are selling like hot cakes. Just thought I'd mention it.

13. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    Also like C-3PO telling the opening of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air to the Ewoks. "DJ Jazzy Jeff homeless".

14. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I liked it but it wasn't as funny as the other two. I felt they spent too much time simply remaking the film instead of making fun of it. Still entertaining. Now bring on Raiders of the Lost Ark.

15. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Didn't really care for this. Too much ROTJ and SE bashing/complaining, although the scene where Han makes the Imps dig their graves was pretty funny.

Also, what happened with Anakin/Vader was NOT funny. It takes a warm and fuzzy moment from the saga and butchers it just to create "humor" and "make it darker".

Again, didn't really care for this. The only thing I really liked was Dee Bradley Baker as Ackbar.

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Finally got a chance to pick this up and watch it (but no Deluxe Edition with a T-Shirt this time out? Booo!!) and I agree this was the weakest of the three. SSSDS was still pretty funny, even if it wasn't as funny as BH, and still managed to include a few instantly classic bits. IAT really didn't have much that stood out that much.

What's weird is, if you watch through the animatics special features, there's actually a bunch of deleted or alternate jokes that were really funny (Stan is Wedge! brilliant!) and/or were funnier than the jokes they actually used in the episode (the reason Vader throws the Emperor down the shaft and his follow-up one-liner).

So, it's not like they didn't make up some good material- they just made some poor editorial/directional decisions, IMO.

Best line, by far, was Tim the Bear as Wicket- "You are my enemy and I want you off my planet!" "You want a cracker?" "I will do whatever you say forever!". [face_laugh]

It's an example of the best type of jokes that the FG parodies have done- taking a moment ifrom the Trilogy that has gone relatively unexamined and putting it under the microscope in a quick, funny and clever way.

The excessively long (and honest) rant of the scroll was also pretty funny.

17. sith_stomp

sith_stomp Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2010
    When they do this I find it almost unbearable to watch. Like everytime Peter skins his knees or whatever in the actual series.

Just not funny.

Everything else was hillarious though.

18. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Yes, I bought it. There is a digital copy for each movie, yes. "It's a Trap" 2nd disc says DVD + digital copy, so I'm assuming that you can watch it on DVD player as well.

19. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    It's looking like the Deluxe edition is being used to push Bluray sales this time around. The only R2 DVD version to feature the shirt, cards and script has the Bluray, DVD and Digital versions: http://is.gd/jIRMF I think there's a separate Bluray version with the extras too. Not sure about R1 versions though.
    I did see a NZ (R4?) version that was DVD-only with the extras, but it was going to cost me about £50 all in with shipping. So I went for the triple instead. Which, annoyingly, is in a Bluray-height box, instead of a DVD one, so the three don't line up right on the shelf.

That last sentence proves I'm a Lucas-child... :p

It ain't that big a deal. Oh, the t-shirt's much better than the SSSDS one, too.

Edited for spelling

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Oh, that sucks- so they did make one and just didn't bother to sell it with the R1 release.

I mean, I don't even have a Blueray player and I bought SSSDS on both DVD and Bluray just so I'd have one I could watch and one that came with the t-shirt (and lunchbox!). I was perfectly willing to do the same here and complete my swag trilogy.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm going to add this to my list of re-edit projects- I'm thoroughly convinced this would be much funnier with some of those animatic jokes added back in. I think that, between recycled footage and repurposed FG/AD/TCS footage, that many of the good ones can be recreated to a half-decent degree... I mean, almost all of Joe's funny lines were cut in favor of non-joke lines, Stand-as-Wedge has to be in there, and Seth talked about how he felt he blew the Alderaan joke in editing, so a quick snip there can fix that joke too. Stewie's "Welcome to the party, pal" should be the easiest to do. I think even hiding-behind-the-Death-Star could be recreated using the "fire at Will" background... lots of excellent posisblities.

22. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Finally saw this, incredibly disappointed there's no Peter/Giant Chicken fight in it. They could have cut down on the nodding scene, the Conway Twitty joke and the Alderaan joke to make room for it. Sigh.

But I did laugh really hard at the Emperor in the pool scene, and the stormtrooper Ewokpillow fight.

23. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Just saw the TV version and noticed that it features a completely different Sarlacc scene!:eek:

Yes, still no Peter vs. the Giant Chicken fight, but instead of cutting from the endless nodding joke to one of Jabba's men, declaring Boba Fett fell in the pit, it shows the scene as it played out in the movie instead.

Boba Fett attacks Luke, who manages to free himself from his cable, with Boba Fett dropping on the ground of the Skiff. The scene continues to follow Luke as he's battling Jabba's men. Boba Fett is suddenly gone from the movie. We go straight to Lando falling off the skiff. Weird, eh? [face_thinking]

24. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I've gone off Family Guy. It's just super-extended-to-the-point-that-all-the-potential-impact-is-lost jokes and crude humour which I don't find funny any more.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'll have to keep an eye out for the TV version... FG usually does make multiple edits of their shows (the original Fox airings, then the Adult Swim airings which let them add back in some of the riskier jokes, and then the DVD cut which is uncensored and uncut for time) but I don't recall them often making multiple versions of scenes.