main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Family Guy: Star Wars Special

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crashdown, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    Did anyone get the chance to see the Family Guy Star Wars Special the other day? Now, I have not seen it yet, but everyone I know who has seen it says that it is soooooo funny, and that I HAVE to see it as soon as I can get a copy.

Any Comments?

2. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    Was this a new Star Wars special, or are you referring to that drivel that they did for A New Hope?

- Bill

3. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    I've yet to see it. Though i'm sure it's funny because everyone thinks family guy is funny. I'm just afraid of the show for some reason... [face_worried]

4. Colt1326

Colt1326 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2007
    I bought it long ago on DVD [face_whistling]

5. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I don't get it. Why would you be afraid of Family Guy? It's one of the best shows on TV.

Blue Harvest, the Star Wars special, is absolutely hilarious, I love it. The end part is probably my favorite, anyone who has seen it knows what I mean, after the ANH parody ;)

6. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    I think it was a re-run, so it was probably A New Hope one, if that was the one they aired about a year ago.

I can see how the Family Guy could be scary. But it's still funny, in a scary-funny way.

7. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    yeah I can't really explain why it's scarey. I have no doubt it's funny....but it's scarey... lol

8. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004

That's what I figured..... it was crap. Then again, I am not a big fan of the Family Guy. Less so when that drivel came out. The only good thing about it was how they engineered the TIE FIGHTER scenes from the movie into this episode.

- Bill

9. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I have no idea how you can say that, Family Guy is one of the best shows around, and that episode was brilliant, funny from start to finish.

10. TatooineForceRecon

TatooineForceRecon Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2006
    I loved it too! Tried to convert both Bill and Allan but TO EACH HIS OWN.

11. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002

haha [face_laugh]

12. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Well, apparently Allan does not like A New Hope anymore, ever since he SOLD his Luke costume (the shame !!). :p

13. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    The "brother dying of Leukemia" crack far from funny for the guy who did have a brother who died of Leukemia.... that would be me!

- Bill

14. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002

:eek:

15. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    lol, Family Guy has lots of inappropriate jokes, I mean it goes with the territory, like South Park.

I was laughing hard on my shoot Sunday when the 1st A.D. made a joke about Heath Ledger, there's a momentary pause, and he goes, "Too soon?" Our actor was like, "That's awesome!" Oh man, yeah that's my sense of humor, sometimes inappropriate and awful, and never politically correct.

16. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    "Good job Princess, diving into a pile of garbage. Hey maybe later you can show me around your home planet of Alderaan... OHHH!! Too soon??"

17. Quick1966

Quick1966 Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2007
    LOL Crash !!!

I am still a jedi on the inside. I still have my jedi Costume. There is hope for me..
    By the way it was great seeing you at Comic book show.
    Peace, Allan

18. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Yeah... I don't like South Park, either. It just seems to be a big waste to poke fun at serious issues that people have. I dunno, call me crazy. I'm not one to being politically correct (only because it has gone too far in extreme), but on the other hand, I'm not one to go out of my way to cheese someone off who strives to be politically correct either. I tend to try to stay neutral or middle of the road. But even then there are things with shows like these that even cheese me off. Case in point, the Leukemia remark.

I think I am getting better about my sensitivity, but then again cancer jokes are never funny to someone suffering from, or had to watch someone suffer from cancer.

- Bill

19. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    I agree with you about South Park, I don't like it either.

20. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Yay, I don't like it either! Lets have a[Edit: TECHNO] party! [face_dancing]

http://www.rathergood.com/vid/

21. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Oops, that was me again. lol.

22. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I love South Park, it's by far the most philosophical television show on TV now or in the last decade. A lot of the issues it brings up are very serious, and its comments on various religions are spot on, it really exposes a lot of the stupidity and mediocrity in society today, and does so in a funny way that's hidden beneath poop / fart / obscenity jokes. It's brilliant, really.

As far as insensitive comments, that's the point, that's why it's so funny. My mom died of cancer, I don't find cancer jokes funny really, because cancer isn't funny it's sad and horrible, but at the same time I can laugh at most South Park jokes and if there are jokes that to me hit too close to home I can ignore them. It's not a big deal to me.

I just appreciate comedy that really cuts to the heart of issues, and to do that you have to be offensive. It may be offensive to attack someone else's religion, but honestly religion needs assaulting in general so offensive or not it's necessary. Same goes with a lot of the issues it approaches, bound to offend a lot of people, but those people shouldn't be watching South Park. They should be watching MTV or something.

23. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    I like South Park sometimes. The two guys behind it are major egomaniacs so I don't like when they speak out as if their show is better than everything else, but the show can be funny. Too bad it went from being original ideas to pop culture themed episodes.

24. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I fail to see how any philosophical though process ever needs to be assaulted, religious or otherwise. Even if I don't agree with the thought process, I'm not so quick to assault people for their core beliefs.... as if my beliefs are any better Sure, I will express my beliefs as I see them. And sure, I will express my opposing opinion to other beliefs. But there is always respect. That is the thing that stupid shows like South Park or Family promote: disrespect of differing opinions.

That and these shows are just so childish, it takes someone of that kind of mentality to appreciate it (no offense). It's one of the reasons that I am not into the Simpsons anymore. I've outgrown it.

I'd rather spend my time watching other programming that engaged my intellect, like CSI and Law & Order type shows as well as Myth busters and such! Oh... and BSG! :D

- Bill

25. TatooineForceRecon

TatooineForceRecon Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2006
    Too bad it doesn't work. [face_laugh] FYI Family Guy is making Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi versions so Bill and Allan can keep a special place if their dvd collection for those as well. [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.