main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Family Guy Star Wars Trilogy

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by RSarnecky, Jan 11, 2016.

1. RSarnecky

RSarnecky Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2015
    Sorry, but I wasn't sure which forum to post this in. I had a bad cold on Friday, so with no where to go, I decided to binge watch the Family Guy Star Wars Trilogy. I saw it years ago, but forgot how funny it was.

Since I'm fairly new to the Jedi Council Forums, I was just curious as to what everyone's opinions were of the parodies. Love them or hate them? Thoughts?

2. CaptainHamYoyo

CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 18, 2011
    Love them! Blue Harvest was actually my intro into Family Guy. Been hooked ever since, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. natureboy76

natureboy76 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 11, 2009
    I prefer robot chicken. Less spiteful and far more witty...

4. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    They definitely got progressively worse with each one they did. First had a lot of nice inside jokes, similar to robot chicken, but as they went on they did more jokes that had little if anything to do with star wars.

5. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    I like them but I really can't watch them anymore because i know how Seth Mcfarlane and crew felt while making them, they had the idea to parody ANH and it was fun and they had fun doing it and George Lucas liked it and apparently Fox liked it so much they made sure to make them to finish out the trilogy and Seth Mcfarlane and crew really didn't want to do them anymore so their hearts weren't really into it, that's the reason the latter two aren't as good as the first because Fox took something and tried to make money off of it

6. StarWarsFTW

StarWarsFTW Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2016
    I loved them my favourite part is when a spaceship is going past and that guy goes Pechew Pechew gotcha I crack up every time I hear that

7. Adella7

Adella7 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 8, 2016
    I love the part where Obiwan Kenobi( Herbert) sings the theme song from Dirty Dancing , while stormtroopers dance in the background. That scene in from the first Family Guy Star Wars episode.

8. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Funniest part of each one:

Blue Harvest: "Red October standing by."
    SSSDS: "Hey Imperial fleet! Get ready to suck some Dack!"
    IAT: Emperor lounging in the pool

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    "You don't even know me"

Favorite quote from this series. It was so in line with Luke's character that I had to go back and watch ANH again to make sure it wasn't something he actually said.

Also the exchange between Chris/Luke and Lois/Leia during the rescue scene.

I find their interpretation of Obi-Wan pretty hilarious.

I was amazed at how spot on the whole thing was in terms of essentially being animated versions of the movies during certain sequences. I'm not much of a Family Guy fan, but I definitely enjoy this series.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    My favorite bit.

LEIA/LOIS: "I love you."

HAN/PETER: "**** off."

That's what you'd really expect Han to say after all the arguing and insults.

11. Darth Boycs

Darth Boycs Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 25, 2018
    My favourite line is from Han:

"I'm Han Solo, captain of the Millenium Falcon and the only actor whose career isn't destroyed by this movie."

12. DarthZ07

DarthZ07 Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 11, 2005
    "My good friends, the liberal galactic media is at it again. They never stop. Now they're trying to convince us that Hoth is melting. Well, that's crazy, Just trying to scare us. And if that weren't enough to get you mad, we now have news that Lando Calrissian has been made the chief administrator of the Bespin mining facility. Gee, I wonder how he got that job. Well, let me tell you how he got that job. Affirmitive action strikes again."

13. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    Not too bad overall. Spent too much time showing replicated shots from the films that could have been used for jokes instead.
    But then I've never been a big fan of Family Guy anyway.

14. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    I quite enjoyed the first two and will often reach back to them and the Robot Chicken stuff when I need to for stress relief. The Family Guy ROTJ parody said it all right in the opening crawl about phoning it in. That itself was funny.

15. The Krynoid Man

The Krynoid Man Jedi Master star 3

Dec 24, 2015
    I'm not the biggest Family Guy fan, but I saw the first two and thought they were quite funny (not as funny as the Robot Chicken parodies though)

16. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    The Robot Chicken parodies are hilarious. In particular these two shots that make you think about the Empire:

I do love THIS clip from Family Guy. This made me laugh. Also there was the "Tie" fighter one and that part where Han and Chewie try to work out how to get the "sofa" aboard despite being under fire from Stormtroopers!

"I just do data entry!" - The Rebels were the bad guys all along!

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  17. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    "...Really busy with that Empire stuff!" "Looooots of Empire stuff!" [face_laugh]

I love how Meg always plays some sort of monster character!!

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The first two are legit great and while the ROTJ parody has the excellent "Dig your own graves!" as a knock on the movie's cutieness the special itself doesn't have quite the same pep as the ANH and ESB ones do. Still, Luke/Chris accidentally disposing of Vader/Stewie by breaking his neck trying to take his mask off is pretty great.

Also it's really an example of how fast the style of Family Guy is because they can literally do the entire movie, practically scene for scene, and get it all done in 42 minutes.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  19. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Only ever watched the first once, had no desire to watch the others.

20. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    +1 for the Robot Chicken

21. Frisco

Frisco Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 21, 2019
    Please forgive me, but I find them - all of them - to be way overrated. And yes, they also got progressively worse, but they didnt start off so well, either.

son_of_skywalker03 likes this.
  22. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    The best scene is the trench run from Blue Harvest.

Obi-Wan(Herbert): Use the force Luke.
    Luke(Chris): Obi-Wan?
    Obi-Wan: Yeah it's me. Use the Force. Force that thing in there. Just like I showed you with those dolls. But don't tell anyone or you'll get in trouble,

23. Smellmet

Smellmet Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 16, 2017
    I love the bit where Peter/Han nicks the sofa from the trash then runs to the falcon with it later.
    Can't really remember any standout bits from the ESB
    The bit where it takes the piss out of the music where Luke is about to be shoved off the plank into the Sarlacc pit has me in stitches too.