main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Family Matters" (AU, original characters, Pre-NJO)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Uncle_Lowen, Sep 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle_Lowen

Uncle_Lowen Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2002
    This is the next story in my little Star Wars series. The first story parts can be viewed at:

Part 1 of 2(1) http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=8515876&replies=0

Part 2 of 2(2) http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=8733087&replies=0

STAR
    WARS

Family Matters

The Phantom Lord hung in space, motionless, along with a small, black space probe directly in front. It looked like an Imperial interrogator droid, glossy black with a single red light flashing on and off at regular intervals. Yet it was invisible to sight since the nearest light source was the star cluster not more than five light-years away.

Azak Vencor, Senneca Tol'Gal, and the ex-assassin droid Eliminator had finally arrived at the Molrin star cluster border. The space probe was broadcasting a warning to all those who dared venture into the cluster.

?Warning: Molrin star cluster has been affected by Genslick virus. New Republic Health Commission has quarantined all star systems within the cluster and advises all ships to stay clear. Warning: Molrin cluster has been . . . .?

The short warning began repeating itself over and over again, and would continue until ordered to otherwise.

Azak switched off the communication channel. ?Well, we?ve been warned.?

Senneca was seated behind him. ?Let?s proceed.?

Azak nodded. His hands rested, hesitating, on the hyperdrive controls. He had agreed to take her into the cluster, but only because she had orders to- not because he liked it. There was danger in the Molrin cluster, and not just the virus. Azak could feel the danger within. A strange feeling, a memory accompanied his feeling. A person he once knew, or at least thought he knew. Azak didn?t want Senneca coming with, he felt responsible for her. But he also needed to find the other Jedi Holocron his father had built for his training. The other piece to Azak's puzzling life.

Senneca noticed the ship wasn?t moving, but before even that she could feel a hesitation within Azak. ?What do you feel? You?re blocking your thoughts to me.?

?I can sense something within the cluster. A danger,? he replied.

Senneca looked shocked. ?From way out here? I don?t feel anything.?

?It?s familiar to me. I can?t place it.?

?Calm your mind. Let the Force guide you.?

Azak closed his eyes and concentrated on the sense. Suddenly, an image flashed in his mind- the image of a woman. He had never seen her before, but he knew who she was. He opened his eyes. ?It?s my mother,? he said unbelieving.

Azak's father, Jec, had told him his mother had abandoned them before the virus reached their planet, and thus didn?t accompany Jec and the then infant Azak when they left the cluster. She had left and never returned. So how could I recognize her?

?She?s in the cluster?? Senneca asked. ?But how can that be??

Azak shook his head. ?I don??t know, but my guess is she is also Force attuned,? he paused. ?I?m taking us in. Course plotted, activating hyperdrive,? he announced, and pulled back the hyperdrive levers allowing the ship to stretch its legs. The Phantom Lord jumped into hyperspace.

Azak began to stand. ?I?m going to consult with my father. Maybe he can tell me more about my mother.?

Senneca watched him pass her. ?I?ll keep an eye on the ship with Eliminator.?

At hearing its name, the solemn droid turned its head toward Senneca. ?I am quite capable of attending to the Phantom Lord, but I am grateful for the help.?

Azak walked back to his room in the aft sections of the ship and found his father??s holocron sitting atop the bed. He reached out with the Force and activated the ancient device.

?Yes, my son?? The shadowy image of Jec appeared, pouring from the small cube.

Azak sat down on the bed and looked up at his father. ?Tell me more about mother,? he said innocently.

?Your mother was a very powerful woman. Both in the Force and in the real world.?

Azak was puzzled at the last part his father had said. ??What do you mean she was powerful in the ?real world???

?Your mother was

2. Uncle_Lowen

Jun 1, 2002
    Thought I'd give this a good swift kick...to the front of the class.

3. Uncle_Lowen

Jun 1, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.