Before Family Matters

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SHADOW13, Mar 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. SHADOW13 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Introduction- The Gallia family get caught up in a big political mess and to get revenge someone sets a group of assassins to stalk and kill Adi's siblings. A group of jedi are sent to protect them and sort out the problem.

Family Matters

Chapter one- Curiosity

?Tally, You had better be down here in the next 10 seconds or I?m coming up there to drag you down myself!?

?I?m Coming.? Tally pulled a very big grey t-shirt over her head and hurried of downstairs. She passed her mum who was on the way up, not for Tally but, to get her 16-year-old brothers out of bed, she smiled when she heard them complaining about the time. Ty and Nic hated mornings even more than Tally.

Her dad sat at the table eating a slice of toast whilst reading a datacard on senate activities, how boring is that. Her 2nd eldest sister, Mali, was sat on the worktop eating a muja fruit; Mali was 21 and still lived with them when she wasn?t at university. She hadn?t met her other sister, Adi, had been taken to be a Jedi before Tally was born.

?When did you get home Mali?? asked Tally, she wasn?t expecting her to be home for another few days yet.

?3 hours ago, you wouldn?t have noticed me come in you where dead to the world.? Answered Mali looking across at her 13-year-old sister. Tally settled herself at the table with a fat free, fruit yoghurt. She missed been able to eat anything of a high sugar content, but if she ever hoped to be a professional dancer she had to keep fit. The International Dance academy had very high standards and students had to ?fight? to keep their place.

Starla Gallia stormed downstairs half dragging her 2 rebelling sons with her. Mali and Tally laughed behind their hands.

?I?m getting fed up of you two been so late up. Tally always manages to be up on time.?

?Mum, Tally leaves before us.? Complained Ty.

?That?s not the point, as a punishment you get to tidy up the office instead of Tally.?

?That?s not fair!? They said in unison. Tally stuck her tongue out at them across the table.

?I saw that Miss don?t tease them.? Harlen Gallia told his daughter.

?Yes Dad.? By now it was quarter to eight, Tally hurried back up to her room where she threw about 5 pairs of dancing shoes in her bag, put on her navy leotard and black skirt which went to her mid calf and had 4 bright coloured ribbons round the bottom. She also wore pale pink tights and black shoes with an inch and a half heel. She rummaged around in her drawers for a few minutes before finding her loose, black top that she pulled it over her head. She grabbed her hairbrush and tugged it through her very dark brown hair; she quickly and expertly pulled it into a bun behind her head. She checked her reflection running her eyes over her light brown face with it?s blue markings and soft features, convinced she was ready she headed off downstairs.
    ?Mum have you seen my hair clip??

?Yes it?s on the table. I wish you would wear a tyloth headdress like me and your sister our family have for years, you wouldn?t have to bother with your hair then.?

?I told you a million times I will not get rid of my hair for anything. Bye Everyone?

?Have a nice day and don?t be late home, we need you back here tonight.?

?Sure.? With that she strolled out of the door. She heard a roaring noise, above her a red diplomatic cruiser flew overhead.

Wonder why that?s here, I?ll ask mum tonight, she?ll know.
    Unlike most people her age she knew all about and understood politics, after all her parents were diplomats.

By the time she had walked to the dance school she had met several of her friends and they were happily chatting.

?Hey I wonder what those people are doing there, their blocking up the entrance.? Sammy spoke up. Tally managed to push her way through the small crowd of people waiting at the entrance.

?Are you lot blind? You?ve stopped right outside the entrance.? Although she noticed the people in the speeder were Jedi she still wasn?t afraid to verbally challenge them.

?Sorry, but are unsure where we w
  2. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    This is interesting! I never thought before about the Gallia family line! Interesting take on her siblings and stuff. Nice interaction. Good job! :D
  3. SHADOW13 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Jess-Thanx, What does interaction mean?

Chapter 2- The Threat

"Tally, will you please stop talking and concentrate."
    "Sorry miss." About 10 young teenage girls stood in the centre of a large, high ceilinged dance hall. It was one of 20 in the acadamy building alond with 5 new dance studios, 7 music rooms, several sports fields, 10 other classrooms and the swimming pool. It was second lesson and she hadn't stopped thinking about the people looking for her house. Her thinking was disturbed again when the sound of music filled the hall and she began the dance along wih everyone else.

A few minutes into the dance Tally looked up to the balcony and spotted her Mother with a strange looking alien man, they were in conversation and it was obvious to her they ween't there to watch her. When she finished she held her position for a few more seconds, before flopping down on the floor.

"Miss can I go get a drink?"

"I suppose so, don't be too long though." Tally of course had no intension of getting a drink but instead crept round the back to the stairs to the balcony.

I never realised there were so many so many steps up here.

When she got to the top she crept up behind her Mum who wasn't looking, drew a deep breath.

"Don't even think about it."

"How did you know I was there?"

"He told me." She pointed to the man next to her who Tally had now identified as a Lannik.

"Spoil sport. What are you doing here anyway?"

Sorry it's a bit short but i've got to go to thrilling registration (drops asleep at the very thought)
  4. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Good job so far! :) When I say nice interaction, basically I mean "I like how the characters are talking to each other" and stuff kinda like that. :)
  5. SHADOW13 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Jess I thought it might mean something like that but I wasn't sure.

"It's a long story."

"Can you shorten it?"

"I'll try. You see a group of 'ex-terrorists' have been giving the senate a lot of agro and me and you dad were trying to sort it out and it took a nasty turn and now there is a threat over all of us."

"So someone could kill us." Tally wasn't overly frightened; people had tried to kill her before and had almost succeeded.

"In a word, Yes." Starla wasn't surprised at her daughter's reaction Tally wasn't easily frightened and had been in contact with terrorists before. There was a brief silence before the sound of the door made them all turn. A woman who looked oddly like Mali walked through followed by a white girl around Tally's age; they were having some kind of argument.

"Hello Master Adi." The Lannik guy spoke for the first time, Tally assumed this woman was another jedi.

She looks a bit like Mali, could she be the other one of us Mum talks about sometimes?

The woman was about to answer when a shout from the hall below interrupted her.

"Tally Gallia don't think I can't see you up there. Can you come back down please?" Tally suddenly remembered the balcony was clearly visible from below and Miss Harlo had obviously seen her.

Dam why wasn't I more careful?

"I'm coming miss. Mum I've got to go but my lesson finishes in 10 minutes but I'll probably be kept behind so I'll find at break, is that OK?"

"I suppose it will have to do won't it, give this to Miss Harlo it will explain why we're here."

"Now Tally, I'm getting bored of waiting."

"Coming. See ya later Mum and other people whose names I don't know yet but I intend to learn at later stage." Tally said all in on breath before vanishing down the stairs.

"Did she understand what you said Mrs. Gallia or is she just not afraid?"

"She won't be scared, she was almost killed by terrorists before and it didn't really scare her that much."

Tally ran down the stairs and right back to the hall where she pause to get her breath back before entering.

I really must stop running in bare foot. She had changed out of her skirt and high heels after 1st lesson and now wore a clingy, sleeveless black top with two white strips down either side and a pair of baggy black trousers; everyone else wore the same style but everyone?s top was a different colour so the teacher could tell who she was watching.

"I'm back."

"So I see, Can you wait behind at the end?" It was more of an order than a request. Tally walked up to her and handed her the letter, Miss Harlo looked at it and then went slightly pale.

"What?" Tally wondered what it said, then remembered most people would be scared of terrorists.

"Nothing" Her teacher quickly recovered herself. "Right show me this dance you where working on before." They all got up and began their routine in unison before going canon.

When the bell went everyone spilled out.

"Tally I'll wait for you outside."

"Don't bother I've got to go somewhere in break." Becs waved then walked off whilst Tally sat on the floor expectantly watching her teacher, though still concious of the people watching her from above.

"Tally don't get me wrong by thinking this is a punishment it's just yesterday I didn't get a chance to see your improvisation Dance and since your the one I'm concidering for the place in the year above I wanted to see it."

"Oh OK then," She was slightly suprised Miss Harlo normally gave slackers a severe reprimand, not that she was complaining of course. Tally happily lost herself in the dance jumping, twirling, somersaulting and performing rapid arm sequences; her finale was a back flip which she dropped into the splits from and layed her head and arms perfectly along her front leg.

"Excellent as usual Tally, the reverse cartwheel was expertly done even some experienced dancers can't do that. I'll see you again about that place."

"Thank you miss. Can I go now?"

"Yes of course you can." Tally pic
  6. SHADOW13 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Part 3- Can't think of a good sub-title

Tally didn't really have much choice weather she went or not since Ric was dragging her along and almost ripping her arm out of it's socket. The group arrived at the fight rather exhausted after running what felt like a mile. By now the battle was in full swing and they would be hard pressed to find a good view point.

"Come on we can get up in that tree over there." Tally ponited to a large, twisted tree to their left. Just as they started moving a yell came from within the mass of tangled fighting bodies, suddenly they all rushed forward right towards Tally and the group. They scrambled out of the way just in time before running after the charging group of adolescents.

They got to the bottom of the feild and where confronted by a large group of teachers.

"Tally."

"What Becs?"

"I reckon now would be a good time to go find your mum again."

"Yeah let's go before they get to the back." The two girls crept round the back leaving their friends, accidently on purpose.
    They eventually ran into an annoyed looking Starla.

"Er hi mum."

"Hello Mrs Gallia." Said Becs who was purposefully stood behind Tally.

"Would you care to tell me what was more important than meeting me."

Not really but I think that was a retorical question

"Well there are these 2 groups of people the alphas and the gammas and their rivals and every so often some conflict breaks out between the two and we like to monitor these conflicts and that's where we went."

"You mean fights."

"Not all the time, sometimes it's like mine and Mali's cat fights."

"I'll shout at you later. Right now I just had to tell you that you need a bodyguard."

"What! But what if I don't want one."

"Tough. This is Siri she'll just follow you around and make sure that nothing happens to you."

Great a jedi stalker."

"I'm not going to be stalking you."

"Get out of my head." Tally said to the blond girl who she had seen earlier. She turned back to Becs.

"Tally by the way your coming home at lunch."

"Sure Mum, Bye."

They walked off with Siri in tow. Tally was now in a sully mood and was dreading the next few days with her 'jedi stalker'.

"I am not a stalker!!!"

"Whatever Tally said under her breath
  7. Jedi_Badger Jedi Knight

star 1
    Great story so far, SHADOW13! Very intriguing (sp?)... :)

Please continue!
  8. SHADOW13 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanx 4 reading every1. This won't be very long but I write anyway.

Tally, Becs and Siri strolled around, well Siri was more stood to attention, looking for the rest of Tally's 'crew' as she called them. After 5 minutes they ran into one another, not literally, but had no time for social chit chat as the bell indicating the beginning of lessons went at that very second.

"I see you this evening maybe." Tally told her friends.

"Why won't you be at lunch?" asked Ric, Tally and Becs hadn't had time to fill them in on the conversation with Tally's mum.

"I've got to go home at the end of theis lesson." He was about to ask why when a teacher cam edown the corridor and sent them off to where they were suppose to be.

"Excuse but where are we going?" Siri asked, she was only been polite ecause she wasn't sure what her master would think if she was nasty to her little sister.

"Singing."

"Sounds interesting."

"You don't sound like you mean that."

"I can't sing, that's why I wouldn't find it that interesting."

"Everyone can sing if they feel like it."

"You've obviously never heard me then." She said to herself.

Can't think of anything else to write now so I'll be back later.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.