main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Family Ties (Sequel to Just Yesterday and Trickster Twins) J/J *May 19, 2005: THE END*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by NYCitygurl, Mar 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Story: Family Ties
    Author(s): NYCitygurl
    Timeframe: NJO
    Characters: Fel/Antilles family, Skywalker/Solo family, OCs
    Prequels: Trickster Twins and Just Yesterday

Okay, since this story is long long and the majority of pages don't have posts, I spent a ton of time sifting through 95 pages doing post links until my eyes hurt from scrolling. I'll add to this as I post so you all don't have to search through all of the pages to find the posts.

Post 1
    Post 2
    Post 3
    Post 4
    Post 5
    Post 6
    Post 7
    Post 8
    Post 9
    Post 10
    Post 11
    Post 12
    Post 13
    Post 14
    Post 15
    Post 16
    Post 17
    Post 18
    Post 19
    Post 20
    Post 21
    Post 22
    Post 23
    Post 24
    Post 25
    Post 26
    Post 27
    Post 28
    Post 29
    Post 30
    Post 31
    Post 32
    Post 33
    Post 34
    Post 35
    Post 36
    Post 37
    Post 38
    Post 39
    Post 40
    Post 41
    [link=http://boards.t

2. JainaSticksSolo19

JainaSticksSolo19 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 31, 2003
    OOOHHHHHHHHHH!
    i like, how much time has passed since Just Yesterday?
    very good postie.
    i can't wait for more.

3. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    This is Going to be SOOOOO SOOO SOO AWESOME! cant wati for more NYC

4. puppyglo

puppyglo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2003
    Interesting.. you've got my attention! Now, if you will excuse me, I am going to go read the other two to get more caught up.. :D

~Glo

5. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    JSS19: Thanks! My first reply! :D About 2 weeks has passed. More soon!!

JAGSGURL15: Thanks!! :D More soon!

Glo: Thanks! :D

NYC

6. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    loox wonderful NYC!!! i look fwd to reading more soon.

-jj00

7. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Thanks!! :D More up now!

~~~~~~

?Naboo. Interesting name.?

Jacen nodded and pointed to the viewport. ?Watch where you?re going.?

The ship?s long-distance comlink buzzed. ?Want to take care of that, oh Major Jedi??

Jacen glared at his friend and clicked the com on. A panicked voice filled the cockpit. ?Who are you??

?We?re delegates from the New Republic.?

?Why are you here??

?We just want to talk. Don?t worry, we aren?t going to hurt you.?

?Our sensors pick up two life forms on your ship.?

Jacen nodded, then remembered that he couldn?t be seen. ?Yes. Listen, can we talk to your prime minister or chief of state or whatever you call your leader??

Jag grinned. ?Take us to your leader,? he said, soft enough that only Jacen heard it.

Jace grinned and rolled his eyes. ?You?ve been watching way too many cartoons,? he said softly.

The man from Naboo Control said, ?King Karis will send a delegation to pick you up at the hanger bay in the Theed Palace. Coordinates are being sent. Naboo control out.? The comlink shut off.

?King, huh?? Jag asked. ?I didn?t know many places still had a monarchy.?

Jacen shrugged. ?They aren?t part of any intersystem government that we know of. It makes sense that they would be a monarchy, even a democratic one.?

Jag nodded as he guided the ship through the atmosphere. ?You know more about this stuff than I do.?

After the ship left the atmosphere, there were lush green forests, wide blue rivers, and open plains. Jag raised his eyebrows in surprise. ?Wow,? Jacen said. ?It?s beautiful.?

?Check out the city.?

The capital city was somewhat small, with low buildings centering around a main lane with what looked like shops. The lane led up to a huge, beautiful palace, and behind the palace were waterfalls.

Jag landed in the hanger bay, as directed. A small delegation was waiting for them. ?That must be our welcoming party.?

Jacen sighed. ?You sound like my father.?

The two men unbuckled their crash webbing and left the cockpit. Before Jag let down the boarding ramp, he asked, ?Do I look presentable, oh Major Jedi??

Jacen rolled his eyes and let the ramp down and he and Jag walked over to the waiting delegation.

The man in the front bowed slightly. ?I am King Karis of the Naboo. Who are you, and why are you here??

Karis was about Jacen?s height, with short-cropped blonde hair and blue eyes. He carried himself with a regal air. He was in charge and he knew it, and he acted as if he was used to having his way.

?I am Colonel Jag Fel, and this is Jedi Major Jacen Solo. We have been sent by the New Republic with a peace offer and a request for help.?

Karis all but ignored Jag. ?A Jedi? We cannot protect you here.?

Jacen shook his head. ?I am not looking for protection. As my friend said, we were sent by a legitimate government with a peace offer.?

Karis nodded thoughtfully. ?I will consider hearing your offer. For now, you will be guests at this palace, though I must ask you to stay in your rooms for the time being. Is this acceptable??

He didn?t wait for an answer before motioning to a pair of guards and leaving. The guards marched off in a different direction, obviously expecting to be followed.

They lead Jacen and Jag to a wonderfully decorated suite and left. The men opened the door and stepped in.

It was a very nice suite. There were two queen-sized beds right next to each other with a nightstand in between; a couch in front of a wonderful, though a bit outdated, entertainment system; a bathroom; and a small kitchenette.

Jag nodded. ?Nice place.?

?Yeah.? Jacen sat his duffel bag down on one of the beds.

?That King Karis is quite a character. Very spoiled.? Jag noticed that Jacen hadn?t said anything. ?Kinda quiet there, Jace. What?s wrong??

Jacen shrugged. ?I don?t know. This place seems somehow familiar.?

?You sad you?d never heard of it before this mission.?

?I haven?t, and that?s what?s strange. I feel like I?ve met Karis somewhere. He kinda reminds me of Mom.?

Jag frowned. ?Was that an ins

8. JainaSticksSolo19

Mar 31, 2003
    Wow!
    great post, i loved it but why did the king call Padme, mother?
    i can't wait for more!

9. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Thanks!! :D That will be revealed later [face_devil]

NYC

10. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    hmmmm... very interesting here

11. -Trickster-

-Trickster- Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 2003
    OMG OMG OMG OMG! Padmé had more kids?!?! *blinks in true shock* Won't she love finding out that one of the people in the palace's guest wing is probably going to marry her granddaughter. *sniggers* Hrm... Maybe Jacen'll tell Padmé that he's the son of Leia Organa Solo, Nephew of Luke Skywalker...*cackles* That'll be just wonderful.

12. AdraTallon

AdraTallon Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2004
    Hey, this is awesome so far! Thanks for PMing me, btw!

13. Lady_WinterCelchu

Lady_WinterCelchu Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Omg finally read through it all
    its really good.
    Padme and who?
    u mentioned obi wan?

14. JAGSGURL15

Jul 21, 2003
    Ohhh Another Great Postie.... and it will be revelaed in time why the king dude called padme mother? thats neato!

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    JJ00: Thanks!! :D

Trickster: I'm going to have A LOT of fun with that :D [face_devil]

AdraTallon: Thanks!! :D You're welcome!

Lady_WinterCelchu: Thanks!! :D Yeah, Karis is reminding Padme of Obi-Wan when he talks about a certain evil minion [face_devil]

JAGSGURL15: Thanks!! :D

NYC

16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Post now!!

~~~~~~

Jag rolled his eyes. ?Have I mentioned that I hate this??

?At least twice in the last minute.? Jacen sighed. He knew that part of Jag?s complaining was to try to cheer him up. He knew that his friend was worried about him.

Jag heaved a long-suffering sigh and straightened his uniform. Jacen grinned. ?C?mon, it can?t be that bad.?

?Yes it can. Have you every been in one of these??

?I?m wearing one.?

?Right.?

Jacen smiled. ?Seriously, Jag, I?m fine.?

Jag nodded. ?Why do you suppose they want to meet with us over dinner??

?I have no idea. I wonder if the entire royal family is gonna be there.?

?Why? Looking for a cute girl??

?I?ve already got one, thanks.?

Jag nodded and the doorbell rang. Jacen grinned. ?Let?s go.?

The room they were dining in was extravagantly beautiful, with a huge window overlooking the waterfall. Jacen sighed internally. It was very formal. His guess was right?it looked like the entire family was there.

King Karis was at the head of the table. He was dressed in what looked like a cross between a decorated military uniform and robes of state. There were also two other women, a creature of a species Jacen had never seen before, and a girl and a boy about Jacen?s age.

It was going to be a long night.

Troy Skywalker tried to hide his fidgeting. He didn?t approve of these strangers in military uniforms. He didn?t approve of strangers, period.

His sister, Celeste, who was sitting next to him, didn?t seem to mind at all. Troy frowned at her. Celeste, they could hurt us he sent through their Force bond.

They?re very cute. Especially that tall, dark-haired one.

Troy rolled his eyes. All Cel thought about these days was hanging out with her friends and flirting with cute boys. He was defiantly the more mature twin.

His grandmother, Padme, touched his knee under the table and shook her head slightly. He knew that look. He was supposed to show the respect and dignity of the Prince of Naboo, and pay attention to what their guests said.

Karis stood up and introduced his family to Jag and Jacen. ?This is my beautiful wife, Nycola, our children, Celeste and Troy, my mother, Padme, and Senator Jar-Jar Binks of the Naboo.

Jacen smiled slightly and Jag inclined his head in greeting. After they had sat down, Queen Nycola started in on them. ?Why are you here??

Jag nodded to Jacen, clearly letting the younger man handle this. Jacen cleared his throat. ?We were sent by the New Republic government to negotiate a peace treaty.?

Karis frowned. ?How did you find us??

Jag took over. ?We?ve had scouts combing this region to find a good spot for a new military base. They found this planet, and because you are uncharted on any of our maps, the government was curious.?

Padme frowned. ?Why do you need a military base??

?We?re in the middle of a war, ma?am. We want to build up a hidden base to attack our enemy from, because our main base in on our capital and is endangering millions of people.?

?Coruscant is not the best place to have military base,? Padme agreed.

Jacen and Jag exchanged a look. ?Tell me,? Jacen said. ?How long has it been since you have had contact with the rest of the galaxy??

Karis frowned. ?Since the second Death Star was destroyed, along with Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine.?

Jag sighed wearily, and indicated to Jacen that he was not going to handle this.

Jacen pressed his lips together. ?A lot has happened since then,? he said slowly.

Obviously a new Republic has risen,? Padme said.

Jag nodded. ?And fallen and risen again.?

Jacen nodded. ?The Jedi are no longer hunted. A new Jedi Order has risen and the former Rebel Alliance has made peace with the Imperial Remnant.?

Padme smiled. Jacen took a closer look at her, and realized that she looked a lot like his mother. I wonder where my grandmother was from. Maybe she came from here.

?There is a Jedi Order?? she asked.

Jacen nodded. ?I?m part of it.?

Padme smiled again. ?M

17. JAGSGURL15

Jul 21, 2003
    EVIL PERSON! that celeste girl can not~ go out with the most prized man in all of the galaxy!!! NOOO

Great postie!
    cant wait for more! this is getting most interesting! and nice twist with the TRIPLETS!

18. -Trickster-

-Trickster- Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 2003
    You do know that there really wasn't a royal family right? *just has to say this, but it's more like a rhetorical question*

They?re very cute. Especially that tall, dark-haired one.

*Holds Jaina-personality in check*

Senator Jar-Jar Binks

Heesa still alive?

Just a little Jacen thought. I think I?ve seen she before. Like when she gave birth t me.

LOLOL!

She gave him a flirting glance. ?Sounds like a date.?

*fails to hold Jaina in check as she grabs the nearest weapon- which turns out to be a glaive- and she approached Celeste with a vengeance* Look, dear cousin, LAY OFF!

19. Marai_Jade

Marai_Jade Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2004
    NYCITYGURL!!!!! You so did not tell me you had this story up!!!

Oh well.....

First, let me tell you that I think it is incredibley cool that (I am assuming) Jag and Jaina are.... married, and have a...... daughter...... ;) Riiiight????

Second, I think it's even cooler the way Jacen and Jag act around each other, as if they've been best friends forever... (also I found equally amusing the way they both are going to seek revenge on a certain Twin Suns Leader [face_mischief] )

Third, the fact that Padme Amidala Skywalker is still living (as is Jar-Jar!!! :D 8-} GO BINKS!!! *ahem*), is extremely fun, and I cannot wait to see what all you are going to do with this.

Fourth, I would just like to shoot Celeste :mad: beforehand and get it over with, even if my first assumption was incorrect about Jag and Jaina being together. *sigh* Although, I suppose that all girls have their own rights to drool over Jag [face_blush] .

Anywayz..... Awesome postie, NYC!!! Next time you get a new post up, could you PM me and let me know?? I promise to be a faithful reader. :D

(Long post, I know, hope you don't hate me)

UP!!!!

20. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    JAGSGURL15: She sure will try [face_devil] Thanks!! :D

Trickster: Yeah, I know, but it'll be easier to do it this way.

Heesa still alive? yes. You can choose to see it as a good or bad thing, he's really just there for comic relief.

*fails to hold Jaina in check as she grabs the nearest weapon- which turns out to be a glaive- and she approached Celeste with a vengeance* Look, dear cousin, LAY OFF!

LOL! Yeah, Jaina's not gonna be too happy.

Marai: Sorry!

First, let me tell you that I think it is incredibley cool that (I am assuming) Jag and Jaina are.... married, and have a...... daughter...... Riiiight????

They do have a daughter, whom they adopted, but they're not married.

Second, I think it's even cooler the way Jacen and Jag act around each other, as if they've been best friends forever... (also I found equally amusing the way they both are going to seek revenge on a certain Twin Suns Leader )

Thanks! In the NJO they said about 5 words to each other, but it's more fun if they're friends.

Third, the fact that Padme Amidala Skywalker is still living (as is Jar-Jar!!! GO BINKS!!! *ahem*), is extremely fun, and I cannot wait to see what all you are going to do with this.

Thanks! I love Jar-Jar. I really don't get why people hate him.

Fourth, I would just like to shoot Celeste beforehand and get it over with, even if my first assumption was incorrect about Jag and Jaina being together. *sigh* Although, I suppose that all girls have their own rights to drool over Jag .

I'd like to shoot her too. She's my OC and I already hate her. And girls can't drooll over Jag when he's dating their cousin! That causes jealousy, bad feelings . . . :D

Anywayz..... Awesome postie, NYC!!! Next time you get a new post up, could you PM me and let me know?? I promise to be a faithful reader.

Sure!!

If anyone else wants me to PM them after I post, just let me know!

NYC

21. Marai_Jade

Feb 13, 2004
    They do have a daughter, whom they adopted, but they're not married.

How old is their daughter???

Thanks! In the NJO they said about 5 words to each other, but it's more fun if they're friends.

I so totally agree. :D

Thanks! I love Jar-Jar. I really don't get why people hate him.

Cause he's clutzy?? *shrugs* I don't know. He can be annoying, but the fact is, he's just too funny to stay aggitated at him. 8-}

I'd like to shoot her too. She's my OC and I already hate her. And girls can't drooll over Jag when he's dating their cousin! That causes jealousy, bad feelings . . .

Yeah, well, that's why you drool in secret, and wipe it up real quick with your Jedi speed. *zip* :D (Cheesy, I know) As for Celeste, could we somehow put her in to the way of a stray blaster bolt??? [face_beg] *sigh* Oh well, I'll survive, as long as Jag has the brains to stay away from :mad: Evil, evil Celeste :mad:

Uppies!!! :D

22. JainaSticksSolo19

Mar 31, 2003
    I loved the new postie! it was great and she's trying to hit on Jag. loved it. can't wait for more. after you post, could you pm me too.

23. Marai_Jade

Feb 13, 2004
    Look, NYC, another reguest to be PMed!!! You're famous!!! :D lol, Sorry, had a sudden urge to say that.

Anywayz, while I'm here, I'll give you an...

*drop kick* ..... Um, UP!!!!! :D

24. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Marai: How old is their daughter???

She's two. How they adopt her is explained in the prequels. If you want to find out what happened but don't want to dig through all those posts, I can send you a summery.

Cause he's clutzy?? *shrugs* I don't know. He can be annoying, but the fact is, he's just too funny to stay aggitated at him.

I agree. Sometimes we just need the humor. Like in LOTR . . .

Yeah, well, that's why you drool in secret, and wipe it up real quick with your Jedi speed. *zip* (Cheesy, I know) As for Celeste, could we somehow put her in to the way of a stray blaster bolt??? [face_beg] *sigh* Oh well, I'll survive, as long as Jag has the brains to stay away from Evil, evil Celeste

LOL. I can't kill her off, unfortunatly, but there will be drasticness [face_devil] Don't worry-Jag has brains, Han has a blaster . . . [face_devil]

JSS19: Thanks!! :D Sure I'll PM you.

Marai: Look, NYC, another reguest to be PMed!!! You're famous!!!

LOL, I wish.

More up soon, probably tomorrow!

NYC

25. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Post!

~~~~~~

Jacen lay on his bed, staring at the ceiling. Jag couldn?t imagine what he was going through. He hadn?t said anything the rest of dinner, especially about his family. Jag decided that the only thing he could relate to what Jacen was going through was when he found out that his sister, Cherith, had been pregnant when he died.

Jag sat on his own bed and pulled out some holos of his family. The first one was of the five Fel kids?Davin, Jag, Cherith, Natasha, and Zena. It had been taken a couple of weeks before Dav had died.

The second one was Natasha and Ganner Rhysode at their wedding. They had big smiles on their faces. Ganner?s arm was around Natasha?s waist and she was leaning against his shoulder.

The next one, also taken at Natasha?s wedding, was of Jag, Natasha, and Zena. They had their arms around each other, and Natasha looked happy, while Zena and Jag looked like they were trying to smother her with hugs.

Jag had one of his parents, Soontir and Syal Fel, with his mother?s little brother, Wedge, and Wedge?s wife Iella. Also taken at Natasha?s wedding, there was a sense of joy in the picture. Jag smiled at his mother?s face. She was so happy. Before Natasha?s engagement and her reunion with her brother, Jag hadn?t seen her that happy since two of her children died.

The next one was of Zena and Syal Antilles, Jag?s cousin. They were lying on the beach and laughing.

Jag flipped to next holo. It was of Ganner and Natasha playing in the water with Myri Antilles and Ben Skywalker. Ben was in Natasha?s arms, and Ganner was giving Myri a piggyback ride.

The next holo had been taken by Jag?s friend Kyp Durron. It was of Jag and Jaina Solo, his girlfriend and Jacen?s twin sister, kissing. Jaina had almost killed Kyp when she found out, but he liked the holo.

The last one was his favorite, though. He had taken it a couple weeks ago. It was of Jaina and their daughter, Malisia, sitting on Jaina?s bed. Jaina had her arm around Malisia and was reading her a story. Malisia was leaning against he mother?s shoulder and was hugging a big, red, stuffed heart pillow that Jag had gotten her.

Jag was so absorbed in the picture that he didn?t realize that Jacen had gotten up until he sat down next to Jag. ?You must really miss them,? Jacen said softly.

Jag nodded. ?I do.?

Jacen smiled. ?Families are tough things. Hold on to yours.?

?That?s what Miza said to me before he died.?

Jacen nodded. ?He would know.?

?Jace, is everything okay??

?I guess.? Jacen flopped down next to Jag. ?I can?t stop thinking about them, Padme especially.?

?Are you going to tell them??

Jacen sighed. ?I don?t know. Is it my job to??

?No, but it is your right, if you want to.?

?How do you do something like that??

Jag shrugged. ?You just do.?

?You?ve done it.?

?I told my parents about Miza and my sister, but that?s different.?

?You also told us about Malisia. That had to take a lot of guts to do in front of my dad.?

?Yeah. He almost killed me.?

Jacen smirked. ?That?s what you get for sticking your tongue down his little girl?s throat.?

Jag grinned. ?He told me that. Several times. Jaina had to bring Malisia in to meet them before he calmed down enough to say that she was his only grandchild and he was going to spoil her rotten.?

?And yet, you left her on Mon Calamari with him.?

?I?m trusting Jaina to keep her out of harm?s reach. Besides, my father said something to that effect.? Jag?s smile left. ?He just couldn?t say the part about only granddaughter.?

He reached into the side pocket of his duffel and pulled out a piece of flimsi. He handed it to Jacen. ?This is the letter Miza wrote to me. Maybe it?ll help you.?

?Jag, I couldn?t.?

?Yes, you can. I want you to.?

?This was meant for your eyes alone.?

?Miza wouldn?t mind, and neither do I.?

Jacen took the flimsi. ?Thanks.?

There was a knock on the door. Jacen yelled, ?Come in!?

Padme opened the door. Jacen and Jag stood up. She shook her head. ?Please, no formalities. Sit down.?

They did

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.