main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Family Traits

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Juken_Rukhan, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juken_Rukhan

Juken_Rukhan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2004
    What traits from Anakin and Padme do you see in Luke and Leia? Is Leia like Padme or Anakin? What about Luke? Is he more like his father or mother?

2. Jaina-Solo-1

Jaina-Solo-1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 21, 2005
    Good thread idea, Juken. :)

3. Tion_Meddon

Tion_Meddon Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004

I think Luke is more like Padme for sense of morality and looks more like her too especially the eyes, he just has Anakin's force-abilities and his father's blond hair in the begining.

I think Leia is more like Anakin in her personality and looks more like him too especially the eyes, she just has Padme's political skills and her mother's dark hair.

The OT is like "what if Anakin and Padme had been in each other's places instead".

4. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    *awaits the Luke got the whineyness from Anakin post*

5. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Leadership, devotion, loyalty are all passed from Padme to Leia. The political tact and the natural leadership they both present to the people.

Obviously force talent was passed to both Luke and Leia from Anakin. Anakin's eager nature and strength was also passed.

Then both Luke and Leia were shaped by their respective childhood locations. The whole nature vs nurture debate.

-Seldon

6. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    Well, something I noticed after awhile that made me laugh...Luke is bit quieter, slightly more submissive than Leia, who is very "on the ball." They both have their father's temper, but it got split into two parts. Leia is fierce and fast-tempered, but Luke is ultimately the more wrathful of the two, though it takes much longer to get him angry. Both Luke and Leia strike me as both emotionally intense and involved people, which is more Anakin's influence, but they can control it, which is all Padme. Leia definitely has her mother's formal leadership and diplomacy skill. Luke has more of that bouyant natural heroics about him, which I see in a younger Anakin.

Actually, when I think about it, I see more of Padme in Luke than I do Anakin and vice versa. [face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.