"Famous" Guest Stars in Your Game

Discussion in 'Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by dizfactor, Aug 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Matt Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh]! That's awesome, nice one
  2. dizfactor Jedi Knight

star 5
    The trap has been sprung.

The PCs were basically working for the Separatists through Passel Argente, the head of the Corporate Alliance, setting up a smuggling network to get small-scale shipments to isolated Sep outposts and the like. They got fairly chummy with Argente's chief military advisor/protege, the Mon Cal military genius Commander Merai. They've been enjoying the fruits of this alliance for a little while now.

Of course, the players hadn't read SW: Republic #50, where it is revealed that Argente has been planning a coup against Dooku, and has been grooming Merai to head up the Sep military when he (Argente) comes to power. Argente pushes Merai into committing his forces to a major assault on Kamino, which will cripple the Republic war effort and provide the Argente/Merai faction with enough support to topple Dooku.

Or so he thinks, anyway. Dooku, not being born yesterday, knows all about the coup plotting, and works with Sidious to ensure that the Kamino assault fails and Argente loses backing and credibility, which, of course, is what happens.

Now, we know from Episode III that Argente survives and remains an important member of the Separatist Council up until the very end of the war. Since Dooku isn't known to be especially forgiving, I figured that once his plan fell apart, Argente must have grovelled like all hell to get back in Dooku's good graces, and he probably offered up a fall guy as a sacrificial pawn, someone he could blame the whole thing on.

Enter the PCs.

They've spent quite some time now living large on Argente's generous backing, completely unaware of the fact that their immediate contact person and supervisor within the Separatist hierarchy was making a play for the top seat, and, of course, they only found out after he failed, and they realized in the middle of a delicate mission to Hutt Space that someone inside the Separatist hierarchy was setting them up to fail.

Imagine their horror as they realized that simply by being associated with Argente they were now marked as traitors by Count Dooku. They had no idea what was going on, but they've been framed so well they're now desperately looking for a fall guy of their own they can drag in front of Dooku for a chance to clear their own names.

Oh, and of course, they totally blew the mission to Hutt Space, and they ended up making an enemy of Aruk the Hutt in the process and getting imprisoned. They only got out by promising an agent of Black Sun they would try to infiltrate the Separatist hierarchy for them once they cleared their names....

So, to sum up, Passel Argente set them up as the fall guys for his own failed coup attempt. In the process of extricating themselves from the mess Argente threw them into, they became indebted to Black Sun. Now they are trying to clear their names with the Separatists, by framing someone else, so they can worm their way back into the Separatist leadership as double agents working off their debt to Black Sun.

Oh, yeah, and one of the characters was secretly working for the Bothan Spynet the whole time, and so he's stuck being a triple agent. He's in a total panic trying to figure out if he should be a Bothan agent pretending to be infiltrating the Seps for Black Sun, or a Black Sun agent pretending to be infiltrating the Seps for the Bothans. Of course, if any of the people he's working for find out what a little weasel he's being, his life expectancy could be very short indeed. I doubt the rest of the party would be happy he's been keeping this from them - even the other players don't know, much less their characters.

Of course, the Bothans only recruited him in the first place so they could help him get to a high-ranking position with the Seps, making him more attractive as a potential recruit for Black Sun, hoping that Black Sun would approach him so they could use him to infiltrate them and find out the identity of the new Underlord. Confused yet?

Man, they are screwed.
  3. Jedi Merkurian ST Thread Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    So I'm thinking it's about time my players had a run-in with Inquisitor Tremayne... [face_skull]
  4. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    He's my favorite WEG character. Hannibal Lecter with the Force! :cool:
  5. Jedi Merkurian ST Thread Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    You've just told me how to do his voice! Thank you for the inspiration [face_coffee]
  6. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 10
    And man do WEG characters get screwed over these days. I'd much rather read about Tremayne and Platt than another gorram scene with Saba or Jae and the ewok.

ES
  7. Jedi Merkurian ST Thread Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    This also reminds me that I need to resurrect a "gimmick" I used in my old campaign. Seeing as this is a "cinematic" game based on a movie, I periodically use actors to describe a particular character. For my purposes, it doesn't matter if the actor is alive or dead. For example, I used Olliver Reed as Warlord Zsinj, Vincent Price as Grand Moff Ardus Kaine, and Rutger "Roy Batty" Hauer as Kam Solusar.

I like Anthony "Lector" Hopkins as Tremayne. Maybe a younger version of him will work. Likewise, I'm thinking Angelina Jolie as Corellia Antilles, and maybe Karl Urban as Soontir Fel...
  8. Jedi_Matt Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't know who he'd be, but Kiefer Sutherland screams out for star wars, but i just don't know which char he suits best
  9. Jedi Merkurian ST Thread Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    Soo...

I'm thinking of "casting" Sir Ian McKellan as a holocron gatekeeper. An Arkanian, maybe?

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/5/5d/ArcaJeth.jpg] [image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8c/Magnetox3.jpg]

However, the "plot twist" is that he actually fell to the dark side and became a Sith Lord. He now tempts others into the dark side by starting out all nice & wise...
  10. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    Damn, that's perfect.
  11. Jedi_Matt Jedi Master

star 4
    ohhh... Kiefer Sutherland could be Corran Horn maybe.
  12. Darth_Kuthuus Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Nah, I always thought of him as a Tom Welling.

Kiefer might make a good Wedge Antilles though.
  13. Jedi Merkurian ST Thread Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    I always thought Dennis Lawson would make a great Wedge :p

I'm trying to decide if McKellan would be best as the as-yet-unnamed Dark Jedi Master/Sith Lord, or as Grand Moff Ardus Kaine:

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/6/61/Kane.jpg]
  14. Koohii Jedi Master

star 5
    Casting:

Brian Blessed as a tyranical imperial warlord (instead of the voice of a stupid, bloated, CGI frog)

Julian Sands as a corrupted jedi apprentice or an idealistic jr imp officer

young Timothy Dalton as a minor noble or House Pelagia knight

Ian Richardson as either Xixor or some other senator out to oust Palpatine

Malcom McDowel as a Quixotic Jedi

Martin Sheen as an Imperial Academy lecturer

Michael J Fox as a rebel spy who has been tortured by Imps

Richard E Grant as a protocol droid or a House Mecetti Nobleman

Penelope Keith as a Rebel leader
  15. Jedi_Matt Jedi Master

star 4
    Christopher Lloyd as a Quixotic Jedi ;)

"Great Scott!"
  16. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    Michael Jackson as a Yuuzhan Vong Commander. [face_worried]
  17. Jedi_Matt Jedi Master

star 4
    Singing such hits as "Beat it!" and "Bad" [face_dancing]
  18. DARTH_MARK-22 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I've always imagined Sir Ian McKellen as Pellaeon, myself.

As far as guest stars in my game, I managed to slip in Qui-Gon's name in one of my campaigns.

One of the players in my campaign, a Jedi Apprentice, was asked by his Jedi Master to gamble in order to access funds that would gain them access to information concerning a Separatist stronghold (i.e. story progression.) The Jedi Apprentice asked how gambling was proper to the Jedi ways.

Jedi Master: "Remind me to tell you about an old friend of mine, named Qui-Gon Jinn."
  19. Jedi Merkurian ST Thread Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    I've decided to incorporate another old gimmick of mine into the campaign: using "cut scenes" as narratives. Think about it: during the course of the movies, Luke saw Vader from a distance once in ANH, fought him in ESB, and had a decent role-play session with him in RotJ before hostility resumed. If we went by the POV of Luke as the PC, imagine how diminished the saga would be if those were the only times we saw Darth Vader!

Anyways, what I do is write the "cut scenes" as though they were the screenplay. My first one for this campaign is a meeting between Grand Admiral Ishin-Il-Raz, Darth Nihl*, and his Master (revealed to be Ventress) It then cuts to Yavin IV, where Luke & Leia sense a disturbance in the Force in the aftermath of said meeting.

I've also decided to alter the timeline such that "the Thrawn Trilogy" hasn't taken place yet, but when it does, Crazy C'baoth is gonna be jonesin' for my PC Jedi. BTW, one of my PC Jedi is from Jabiim, and is roleplaying his getting over his mad-on for all things Skywalker.

*I know, I know, Darth Nihl doesn't appear until the Legacy era in-continuity. However (A) he looks frakkin' cool! (B) in my campaign, Ventress has been trolling around the Unknown Regions and came across the Nagai, so having a Force-sensitive Nagai trained by her makes sense, and (C) he looks frakkin' cool!!!
  20. Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master

star 4
    =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

That fits in perfectly Darth Mark. Anytime I try to use or mention a character of note it seems to start a contest of "Who can get off the most jokes about said character wins even if the the jokes dont even make sense as long as they start yet more jokes...(cont.)"
    it will also sometimes start up about any other NPC char in game thats in the storyline alot[face_frustrated] of course there r key players that start off the whole process to begin with so i try to keep them from starting up.
  21. CdnArmyJediHealer Jedi Youngling

This campaign was a few years ago, but is was quite action packed. The first guest star we had was General Crix Madine... sorta. We received the briefing on the Battle of Yavin via secure holonet, and we (the PCs) were given the mission of a simultaneous strike against an Imperial shipyard where the Tantive IV was being held. We were to retrieve the ship as it was believed that there was still valuable intel on board the ships computers (not to mention that it was needed for the war effort).

The next BIG guest star we had was.... Inquisitor Tremaine. Since we had 3 Force users in the party, I guess we were attracting quite a bit of attention. Next thing I know, Tremaine shows up and starts to kick a**. The character I was playing was an ex-stormcommando with a VERY personalized blaster carbine. After I hit Tremaine with a few blaster bolts, he waltzes over and proceeds to SUNDER my very expensive blaster. Needless to say, my character was royally pi**ed off! So he decides to do what any self respecting stormcommando with advanced martial arts would do - grapple the lightsaber-wielding psycho! This actually proved to be a VERY effective way to deal with Jedi.... NOTE: A lightsaber is not a "light" weapon, and therefore can't be used in a grapple (or if it can, you are at serious penalty).

Long story short, my stormcommando actually did most of the damage to Tremaine, drove him off, then picked up the seriously wounded Jedi, loaded him onto the ship, and we blasted our way out into space. (I can't remember where we were, but I think it was Nar Shadaa).
  22. DARTH_MARK-22 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    "You've never heard of the Viridian Eagle? It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than 18 parsecs. I'd like to see some hotshot pilot with a beat-up rust-bucket beat that record!!"
  23. Jedi Merkurian ST Thread Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    Legacy spoiler:

Man, I gotta figure out how to bring K'Krukh into the storyline!
  24. Jedi Merkurian ST Thread Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    So the characters have discovered the holcron of Arcanian Jedi Master Fauscht, and their Master has been captured by Grand Inquisitor Tremayne.

While the Jedi were snooping around at Obroa-Skai, they were told about one of the librarians who went a little barmy after the ISB confiscated & destroyed the vast majority of the Jedi artifacts.

"Poor fellow, he started wearing a training lightsaber and replica armor. And he started calling himself Don-Won Khihotay.."
  25. Jedi Merkurian ST Thread Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    I wrote another "cutscene" that involved the Jedi PCs' Master confronting Tremayne and purposefully getting himself captured. Also, one of the characters had some "anger issues" to deal with because of guilt over her Master's capture, combined with the corruptive effects of the previously mentioned "Jedi" holocron.

The party decided that they weren't up to the task of confronting the Grand Inquisitor, so they opted to make for the newly-rediscovered Ossus. However, sensing the PCs' distress, Master Skywalker opted for a side-trek to.....

....Dagobah, wherein a certain cave the PCs confronted their inner demons. One player's Jedi confronted an apparition of the exemplar of dark knowledge, Darth Sidious. This was also the same Jedi who was falling under the way of the Arkanian Sith holocron. Another player had to deal with feelings of uselessness, being the only non Force sensitive in the group. The other Jedi was originally from Jabiim, and had to deal with his mad-on for all things Skywalker.

The net result was that he ended up having a conversation with the ghost of Anakin Skywalker.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.