main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Fan Art Banner **Nominate Your Favorite Images (DEADLINE JULY 8TH -- Explained on p. 4)**

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by DarthMaul431, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMaul431

DarthMaul431 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2003
    LIST OF NOMINATED IMAGES (DEADLINE JULY 8TH)

Individual Peices

Aurelia
    Anakin
    Padme

Otis Frampton
    Greedo

wicktone
    Scavengers
    Kit Fisto
    The Great Sith War
    Anakin and Padme Return to Tatooine
    March of Vader

Darth_ArsnL
    Vader Fueled
    Kit Fisto

DarthZemog
    Clone Wars
    General Grievous
    IG-88

Obi-Dawn Kenobi
    TPM Amidala
    Padme

Esira
    Sketchy Esira
    Darth Revan

LordNeo
    MagnaGuard
    General Grievous

soitscometothis
    Padme
    Obi-Wan Kenobi

FalconFan
    Dark Price
    Tenel Ka
    Anakin and Padme
    Revelations

Ty_Ordell
    The General

Your_Worhsipfulness
    Princess Leia

jacemathem
    Be Mindful of the Living Force

Rob_Duenas
    Aayla Secura
    Clone Wars Battle w/ Boba Fett

Daughter_Of_TheForce
    Maul in Sepia

Ragelion
    Darth Sion

JBRO_13
    Vader the Undefeated

Kenu
    Bananas

Fate
    Don't Go

Gatodama
    Chewbacca

HanSolo29
    Han Solo
    Han
    Han - Bespin

DarthMaul431
    Birth of Evil

Corellian_Rogue
    Yuuzhan Vong
    Rogue Togorian Jedi

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm...the current banner is getting a little frayed around the edges, isn't it?

I really like the idea of using artwork from all the fan artists. Fan Films has a similar thing going on with their banner. However, I would like to talk to the ModSquad before starting any kind of official contest, but you are more than welcome to go ahead and make designs awhile. :)

3. Darth_ArsnL

Darth_ArsnL Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    Well this sounds like a nice idea. although the contest could take a while, be best to set a date now.
    -Arnsl

4. DarthMaul431

Sep 19, 2003
    Well hopefully we'll get the banner made but if not, we could just make a big collage with a bit of everyone's stuff. Sort of like a group project. It then allows the Fan Art Community to represent themselves to new users.

For now, does anyone want to post ONE link to their favorite peice of work that they would like to see inlcuded in it?

5. Darth_ArsnL

May 26, 2005
    Definetly this piece.

http://www.aurelia-art.com/art/starwars/anakin01.jpg

I thought it was absolutely stunning.
    -Arsnl

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Ah, yes...the collage would definitely be a nice idea as well. Kind of a community building activity - I like that idea.

As for the banner, I will try my best to get this official. The only thing I'm worried about is the move. No one knows if it will happen or when. We've heard no word about it in quite sometime, so I don't know what to think. If the move does interfere with us holding a contest, I'll support the collage idea.

7. DarthMaul431

Sep 19, 2003
    I wasn't really thinking of it as a contest, more like everyone helps create just one banner. But if anyone thinks a contest is better, that's fine by me.

8. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Well, I mentioned a contest because that's how the banners are typically handled. All submitted banners go up for a vote either within the ModSquad or here in the forum and the winner gets a title and VIP colors for a month.

But then again, we don't have to follow that outline. We can always be different and handle a new banner our way.

9. Darth_ArsnL

May 26, 2005
    Of course a collage works too, the more the merrier. Although a contest is a good way to descide which pieces to use. But we could still definetly use a new banner.
    D_A

10. DarthMaul431

Sep 19, 2003
    Well let's see how the general response is by everyone first.

And yeah, recently I was saying to myself "What happen to the supposed move". I was hearing about it in multiple forums, but nothings happened yet.

11. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    I think that this is a very good idea :)

12. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I think this is a great idea, too (and I'm "seconding" the vote for Darth_ArsnL's suggestion--absolutely one of the best on the board!)j! A big "thanks" to DarthMaul431 for suggesting it!

You could handle it in both ways, actually: have everyone make suggestions on which pieces to include, then have the "experts at bannering" create compositions from those images for the rest of us to vote on. This could really be fun for everyone here! And I wouldn't mind if it took a while to get done--good things usually do take time to complete!

FF

13. DarthMaul431

Sep 19, 2003
    good things usually do take time to complete

I can think of one perfect example that supports that -- STAR WARS!

14. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Combine the ideas of a contest and favourite pieces, have one thread for everyone to post one or two of their favourite pieces and then another for the actual contest.

As for the banner, I will try my best to get this official. The only thing I'm worried about is the move. No one knows if it will happen or when. We've heard no word about it in quite sometime, so I don't know what to think. If the move does interfere with us holding a contest, I'll support the collage idea.

Well they are putting new banners up in the ROTS section all the time so shouldent be a problem here.

Edit: Just pointing out something.

....if it's possible, that everyone should participate in making a new banner for the Fan Art Forum.

This would be very hard to do as people work on many different formats and if its saved under different compression formats by the time that it is done the compression on the first images added will be awful, this is why contests are held.

15. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I think that's a tradition over there - always rotating the banners. They already have them saved onto the database etc. Although, I don't see why we couldn't get a banner up as well. Afterall, it can't be all that difficult to apply a banner.

As for collecting the artwork, I think this thread could double for that. I would say if you would like a piece included in the banner/collage, then post no more than two of your best pieces that you wouldn't mind having displayed.

I agree that together we can really make this work. I'll go ahead and ask the MS if it'll be okay to start up a banner contest - if that's what you guy's want, of course. If not, just let me know. ;)

16. SkyWookiee

SkyWookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
    I'd like these to be included:
    Otis Frampton's Greedo
    wicktone's Scavengers

17. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    I think this is a great idea. I'd love to see a new banner around here, and it's not like we don't have enough amazing artwork to choose from.

18. DarthMaul431

Sep 19, 2003
    This would be very hard to do as people work on many different formats and if its saved under different compression formats by the time that it is done the compression on the first images added will be awful, this is why contests are held.

You're right. Well I was thinking that all artists choose two picture's that should be included -- one of their own, and then one of someone else's. Then everyone can vote on which of these picture's can actually be in the banner (since they obviously won't all fit in it).

19. DarthMaul431

Sep 19, 2003
    Though the list is small right now here is all of the nominated Fan Art Peices:

Anakin by Aurelia
    Greedo by Otis Frampton
    Scavengers by wicktone

20. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Definitely an awesome idea! It would be wonderful to see the fanartist's here get some credit for the work they post here. :) I don't really know anything about the logistics of setting up a collage but surely something could be worked out by everyone nominated saving their files in a particular format and size. Most artists keep a copy of their working file (eps, psd and that jazz) anyway for safekeeping. I'd really like to see some of Wick's and FalconFan's work there but only with permission of course. :)

21. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Nice idea.

and everyone remmber that my art is here:

http://boards.theforce.net/Fan_Art/b10020/19764415/?3

;)

22. LordNeo

LordNeo Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2004
    Id love to do this

Awesome Idea :)

Ive got some fan art...probably not good enough...but links are in my bio

23. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    The collage would be a GREAT idea for a new banner! I would have to choose what I would want to put on there...

I could work on the text for the banner also, if you wanted me too. :)

24. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002

Ive got some fan art...probably not good enough...but links are in my bio

If there is going to be a constest (and it seems prety likely now) those kinds of comments are useless, no offence but it would be better for you to post in this thread your fav's so that who ever is making a banner will be imediately drawn to the link in your post. Just a pointer. :p

25. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    I think this is a great idea!

So am I understanding correctly that anyone who is interested should post a link to:
    -one piece of their own art and
    -one piece of art from another artist?

And then how are the pieces to be included selected? Would it be a forum vote or at the discretion of the banner maker(s)?

(Sorry if my questions are redundant.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.