main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Fan Art Banner **Nominate Your Favorite Images (DEADLINE JULY 8TH -- Explained on p. 4)**

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by DarthMaul431, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_ArsnL

Darth_ArsnL Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    Well since we're posting one of our own, and one of someone elses:

heres mine:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/darth_arsnl/detail?.dir=/2ffa&.dnm=11f9.jpg&.src=ph

and the other by Aurelia:

http://www.aurelia-art.com/art/starwars/anakin01.jpg

Thats following the guidlines right?
    -Arsnl

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'm trying to sort this out myself, but what you posted looks to be correct. Although, I think we should set a deadline for submitting the work. We can't wait forever on this. Does a week sound reasonable to everyone for getting your favorite pieces of Fan Art submitted?

As for what to do with the artwork, I would prefer having the banner artists pick and choose what they want to include, but if you guys would like a vote, I can go that route as well. :)

3. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    I don't think I could pick anything of mine. How can any of my photo fooling around stand up alongside all these traditional artists' great work?

4. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    I think this is a cool idea! I hope more people who post their art will get more involved, as this is our section, our home! :)

Anyway, my picks:

A popular one of mine, the Clone Wars:
    Clone Wars

One of Obi-Dawn's, her Amidala from TPM! I love her expression and the colors are just beautiful!
    TPM Amidala

Another of mine, General Grievous! :D
    General Grievous

And one from the very talented Esira!!! I know this is a sketch, but it has such power and movement to it, it's a fav of mine!
    Esira Sketch

Hope some of those are considered! :D

5. LordNeo

LordNeo Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2004
    http://img10.echo.cx/my.php?image=05052005102107pmedited7np.jpg

heres probably my best drawing

http://img11.echo.cx/img11/9161/06222005052205am8ae.jpg

http://img11.echo.cx/img11/4295/06222005052304am7kh.jpg

oh well theres my best :)

6. Darth_ArsnL

May 26, 2005

I think a week sounds pretty reasonable, i mean this thread has been up for about a day right? and look at some of the things that are already here. and it would be fair, and a good idea if the banner artist pick b/c well there the best so it would make sense wouldn't it? any other rules we should be made aware of b-4 posting, like how many we can submit, does it need to be a certain file size? stuff like that.

-Arsnl

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I said on the first page that I would prefer that no one submits more than two pieces - one of their own work and another from a fellow artist. At the end of a week, the entire list should be compiled together and posted along with the rules of the contest(that is, if the contest is possible).

As for chosing the art - like I said, I'd like to keep that up to the decision of the banner artists so that everyone has an equal chance of having their art included. As for files sizes, I don't think that's really an issue since, once again, the banner artists can deal with that and crop them down to fit their needs.

DoTF, please don't feel discouraged just because your artwork is not traditional like many others' work. It is still considered art and has an equal chance in this contest as anyone else's work. I do hope you would sumbit something of your own. :)

8. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Thanks Zemog! That was actually the only drawing of mine that I was even considering offering up for this. :cool:

HS29, I agree with you that it might be better to let the banner makers choose from the list of pieces that get nominated. That way, they can pick and choose the art that best fits into the scheme of their overall banner design.

9. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    My suggestions for what art to use are:

Esira's Reven

And Zemog's Grievous

10. DarthMaul431

DarthMaul431 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2003
    Whoa! I'm gone for a few hours and the thread's practically doubled in size! Well I'll update the list of nominated pics. The list will be located on opening post of the thread so if you can. Before nominating, check to see if it's already on the list.

I can't wait to see the banners people come up with!

11. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    DarthMaul431, that sounds like a great idea. It would be easier for people submitting work as well as for getting a jump start on designs. I was also going to mention about posting repeats, but you already mentioned it. ;)

12. DarthMaul431

Sep 19, 2003
    HanSolo29 - I'm not going to be home much this weekend so I won't really get a lot of time to be online. If there is a major amount of new images nominated, can you update the list for me?

13. Esira

Esira Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    Woah, I think its a brilliant idea!!

and for my suggestion? Its soo hard, but I think Soits' Padme
    and FF's Dark Price

14. DarthMaul431

Sep 19, 2003
    Does anyone have a link to the Banner Criteria thread? I can't seem to find it.

15. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Here

It was on the first page in Comms o_O

16. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
  17. Darth_ArsnL

May 26, 2005
  18. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
  19. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Still not working...

20. DarthMaul431

Sep 19, 2003
    I'm updating the nominee list so be sure to check page 1 for it in a few minutes.

Thrawnrocks - Thanks for the link. I guess you figured I was kind of lazy looking for it. :D But I wouldn't have thought to look there anyway. ;)

FalconFan - *is about to hit hands, then pulls back* I'll allow it, this time! :p

21. Rob_Duenas

Rob_Duenas Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2005
    Hope no one minds if I post one of mine...
    Aayla Secura by Rob D.

22. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    DM431--I think the link to "Be Mindful Of The Living Force" is working now--I got the one to jace's DA account, so it should be showing now. It's actually in a separate thread (currently on page 6 of the Fan Art forum), and not in jace's main thread. Oh, please, let it be working now--it's such a beautiful painting!!

FF

23. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Oh, yes. That one needs to be included in the banner. That is perhaps the best fan art I've seen here.

Oh, and IMO the banner shou;d include one of the great images colored by DCJosh...

24. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    "Be Mindful...":

Whoooo! There are just no words... :eek:

Gorgeous.

Okay...one of mine.
    Maul in Sepia

25. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    Wow. I can't believe what positive feedback I'm getting for "Be Mindful of the Living Force"...

This should be a working image for the painting:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/jacemathem/obiwan1.jpg]

There's a larger version to be found, plus other SW + LOTR paintings I've done in my deviantART gallery

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.