main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Fan Art Banner **Nominate Your Favorite Images (DEADLINE JULY 8TH -- Explained on p. 4)**

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by DarthMaul431, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Just a little update with the banner:

It appears that the JCC is currently holding a banner contest that runs till July 31st. Generally, only one banner contest runs at a time, so it seems that we are stuck to playing the waiting game until their contest runs its course.

So, with that in mind, I'm not sure if you would like to extend this deadline or just keep it and wait.

The other problem is I will be heading on vacation July 29 through August 6 and I won't be around when their contest does end. I may have limited net access, but I'm not positive on that yet.

Let me know what you think.

2. DarthMaul431

DarthMaul431 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2003
    Hmm, maybe we could extend the deadline another week. Then while still waiting for that banner contest to end, we have a vote that trims down the amount of pictures in the banner, to see which ones will be included. Then others can start submitting their banner ideas. We'll then start a weeklong vote, once the other contest ends. Sound good?

3. DarthMaul431

Sep 19, 2003
    HS29 - I forgot to mention that I'm also going to be on vacation, but from July 9th - 16th.

4. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Mhh... nice idea, the fanart banner...

here my votes:
    Republic Commando: Shadow Taung of my own.
    Then Correlian_Rogue's Rogue Togorian Jedi - it looks totally great, if you notice everything on it :D - maybe we wait for the colored version of it...
    and, last but not least, Darth_Zemog's IG-88

I hope the banner stuff works, 'cause the actual one is really getting old...

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Were we going to go for a collective vote of all the pieces submitted? I was under the impression that we would just leave it as is and let the banner artists chose which pieces to include and which ones to leave out. That way everyone who submitted a piece has an equal chance of getting their work included in the banner.

Of course, if you guys really want a vote, I guess we can do that then.

6. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/Ell_the_Ewok/DarthSidiousArtWeb.jpg]
    Thats Mine

and

[image=http://www.deviantart.com/view/19733368/]

7. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    HanSolo29 posted on 6/29/05 12:26pm
    Were we going to go for a collective vote of all the pieces submitted? I was under the impression that we would just leave it as is and let the banner artists chose which pieces to include and which ones to leave out. That way everyone who submitted a piece has an equal chance of getting their work included in the banner.

Of course, if you guys really want a vote, I guess we can do that then.
    [hr][/blockquote]

I'd rather suggest to let the banner artists decide...
    Most of the nomintaed stuff is totally amazing, and the vote would be very hard... - no, it's better the artists choose what they want and we better let them them create from all the pieces here a "freestyle-banner" with no prescribed pics they shall use...

8. Iryla

Iryla Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2005
    I'd rather not have a vote, that way the artists can use what pictures work for them. Gives them a little more choice.

9. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I don't mind waiting a while for our banner--that'll give us plenty of time to make sure we get the best one on the boards! ;) Go, VACATIONS!!

I think allowing the banner artists to select from all the nominated pieces is the way to go--giving them a free hand to use the pieces that create the best banner is the way to create the best banner--if we limit their choices, then we limit their creativity, as well. My vote goes with:

1) Keep all the "nominated works" as choices for the banner artists.
    2) Allow the banner artists to use whichever ones they find work the best in terms of their
    compositions--no restrictions on what they use from the nominated works.

Another thought--if the banner artists want to use other fan art images from our forum that aren't in the "nominated list," will that be okay...? There are, after all, many, many threads that have fallen far back in the pages that have wonderful art--and some of us (all of us...?) may not have had a chance to get back there to look at it... Just wondering...

FF

10. DarthMaul431

Sep 19, 2003
    I was thinking it over, and I agree, forget the vote for pics. It's better to let the artists decide. Good luck to the banner makers!

11. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    I'm very appreciative.

I agree, I think it would be best to allow the banner artists to use whatever they want. Why limit their creativity?

As far as the other banner contest goes, that will give us a couple weeks for the people making banners to go ahead and start designing something. By the time the other contest is complete, we should have a good selection to choose from.

12. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Giving this a kick to the top, so some of our newer members can see it and feel free to participate! Don't be shy, everyone--nominate something for our new banner!

FF

13. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
  14. aurelia-acc

aurelia-acc Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    Unless I've missed it, I don't think FalconFan's "Revelations"has been submitted yet. So that's my choice.

As my drawing of Anakin has already been mentionned (thanks btw), I'll propose my drawing of Padmé

15. Darth_ArsnL

Darth_ArsnL Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    and definetly second the vote on your padme piece it rocks!
    and propose that instead of my vader fueled thing that these four be put up in its place :)
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/darth_arsnl/detail?.dir=/2ffa&.dnm=eec7.jpg&.src=ph
    or
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/darth_arsnl/detail?.dir=/2ffa&.dnm=8302.jpg&.src=ph
    or
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/darth_arsnl/detail?.dir=/2ffa&.dnm=2d00.jpg&.src=ph
    or
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/darth_arsnl/detail?.dir=/2ffa&.dnm=e945.jpg&.src=ph
    you guys choose!

Arsnl

16. DarthMaul431

Sep 19, 2003
    I'm thinking it over and I decided to forget the 2 nominations rule. Since a lot of us really can't choose just 2 (and I've been easy and letting it go by), I guess there shouldn't be a limit on nominations. Since it's the last 2 days of nominations, it will be limitless, just please don't nominate a ton of images!

As for the contest itself, you can start submitting banners on Saturday. I'm still deciding on when the voting should start (HanSolo29, if you want, I'll wait until you get back from your vacation). Anyway, may the Force be with all of the banner makers!

17. DarthMaul431

Sep 19, 2003
    Last chance to submit any last-minute nominations. This is also my last day here for about a week. Good luck with the banners and I'll see you all probably by the 16th or 17th.

18. Rob_Duenas

Rob_Duenas Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2005
    [image=http://www.geocities.com/mystory64/mace_fett_web_01.jpg]

Well, figured I'd at least try ;)

19. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    So, is this over now? If so, I can go ahead and mention this to some of the banner makers in the thread in Comms. Just let me know what you want the next step to be. :)

20. DarthMaul431

Sep 19, 2003
    I guess you can consider it over. All nominations are final now, no additions.

I'll see you all in a week.

21. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Okay, folks...I think we can move ahead on this very shortly...

Just need to get some details.

22. gatodama

gatodama LFL Artist star 3 VIP

May 17, 2002
    WOW...go to a few cons and i fell out of the loop. Sorry i missed this. I have a few tha tI would have nominated that did not make it, but it would take me a while to dig them out of the thread archives...but some good stuff was looked over. :_|

As for my own stuff....there are a few I would have picked over the Chewie card...especially for a banner that will more than likely have quite a punch. But thanks for the nomination, even though you think I am a guy.:oops: I guess I need to change my icon....o_O

23. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    ...thanks for the nomination, even though you think I am a guy...

[face_blush] Sorry gatodama, I had no idea.
    Anyway, gender is largely irrelevant on the internet. I mean, for all practical purposes, what is a chick who posts on the boards? She's just a guy who can spell.

I still think the Chewie sketch is great, but I guess I was kind of spoiled for choice when it came to your drawings. Sorry it wasn't your pick of the bunch.

24. ArtyEwok

ArtyEwok LFL Artist star 4 VIP

Mar 18, 1999
    I can't believe I missed this thread. Curses :(

25. Otis_Frampton

Otis_Frampton LFL Artist, Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 7, 2001
    I totally missed this whole thing, too.

Thanks for nominating and using my Greedo image in the final banner. :D

-Otis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.