main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Events ~Fan Art Challenge~ Episode VII: An Artistic Choice - Status - Closed

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Corellian_Outrider, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Greetings!

Here we go with another instalment to the Fan Art Challenge. The main idea of the challenge is not to be a contest to beat out your fellow artists, but an outlet in which we can all grow and explore new ideas and possibilities together. So, here we go...

[COLOR=goldenrod][B]What is the Official Fan Art Challenge?[/B][/COLOR]

A place for artists and fans alike to participate in quarterly themed drawing exercises.

[COLOR=goldenrod][B]Who can participate?[/B][/COLOR]

The challenge is open to anyone and all skill levels. It doesn't matter if you can paint like Picasso or you can only draw a simple stick figure, you're more than welcomed to participate.

[COLOR=goldenrod][B]How does the challenge work?[/B][/COLOR]

Any medium is accepted and as I said above, all skill levels are welcomed. You are free to submit a simple sketch or a finished piece of art.

[hl=goldenrod][COLOR=crimson][B][U]What to expect from this version of the challenge:[/U][/B][/COLOR][/hl]
    The theme is posters… Oh and the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII film. Remember the great posters we see for films, whether it was the cryptic teasers or Drew Struzan's masterpieces in its full glory? To participate, you are to create your own version of what you think the poster art for Episode VII film should be.

[COLOR=goldenrod][B]Where should I post my challenge entries?[/B][/COLOR]

Right here to this thread. I want to keep all the entries in one place, but as always, you're more than welcomed to post them to your individual threads as well.

[COLOR=goldenrod][B]Are critiques allowed?[/B][/COLOR]

The short answer is yes. Let's remember to keep things within the TOS and to keep things positive and constructive. Critiques are meant to help an artist, not tear into them like there is no tomorrow.

[COLOR=goldenrod][B]How will voting work?[/B][/COLOR]

At the end of the time period, all the entries will be gathered together and voted on by your peers. This is not meant to be a serious contest, but a way to give back to the community for all the time and effort you put into this place. The entry with the highest amount of hits at the end of the voting period will be awarded something special.

If you have any questions or would like to suggest a topic for a future challenge, please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM!

Special thanks to [USER=351318]HanSolo29[/USER] for developing the Fan Art Challenges and to the Episode VII Mods for the go ahead with this idea!

[hl=goldenrod][COLOR=crimson][B][U]Fan Art Challenge Theme: Star Wars Episode VII: Poster Art[/U][/B][/COLOR][/hl]

[hl=goldenrod][COLOR=crimson][B][U]Due Date:[/U][/B][/COLOR][/hl] May 1st

Adalia-Durron likes this.