1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!
  2. Welcome Guest.

New feature: The Art of Disney…Now discussing:

Art Archive Fan Art Class: Version 4.0 (Current Assignment: Coming Soon!)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. LordNeo Force Ghost

star 5
    thats really good Esira!!!!!!! :)
  2. Esira Jedi Knight

star 1
    Cheers! The detail on it nearly killed me and my scanner messed it up too, but I'm pleased with it. I had a go at Grievous but gave up. I'll do it someother time.
    Anyone else had a go at Grievous?
  3. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Wow, great job, Esira! The craftsmanship on that is excellent! Glad you decided to give it a go! :)

Now, to get around to those critiques...[face_whistling]
  4. LordNeo Force Ghost

star 5
    I got to find time to draw Grievous

although I really dont like that pic
  5. fett5aa23 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm impressed with the art I'm seeing on these boards. Anyone up for working as an illustrator on a fan comic?
  6. Rocie Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'll have to pass on that offer. I don't feel I'm up to it, quite yet. Though my droideka is taking shape nicely...finally. If I work on it instead of other things on my idle time, I may have it done today or tomorrow.
  7. Jediloren Jedi Master

star 2
    Esira

That is a great effort. A Droideka is very hard to draw and you are the 1st one done. Rocie is completing hers. No one else has come close as of yet.
  8. Esira Jedi Knight

star 1
    Why, thank you very much jediloren.
    Greivous, however is proving to be even more of a challenge. I am quite surprised that no one else has finnished one yet but hey..
    I'll try and finnish Grievous before the end of the week.
  9. bountyhunterx Jedi Knight

star 1
    Mine are done, but need to be scanned... I'll try to get them up here tomorrow. Grievous turned out OK, but I stretched the top of the droideka way too much!
  10. Esira Jedi Knight

star 1
    Done! Grievous

:)

The proportions are waay out and the shading is pants but I like it all the same!

11. bountyhunterx Jedi Knight

star 1
    Holy cow! That's amazing! GREAT WORK! :D
  12. Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus

star 4
    esira, that looks really nice.
  13. Rocie Jedi Knight

star 2
    That does it. I've gotta get my droideka done. All I really have left to do is the 'head' and any shading as I may want to attempt. Thinking about posting one before shading, and then one afterward as well.

Those are great. :D
  14. LordNeo Force Ghost

star 5
    My computer is a load of crap!
    so I wont be able to turn this assignment in on time if at all :(
  15. ThrawnRocks Force Ghost

star 6
    Esira:

That is stunning :eek:
  16. Rocie Jedi Knight

star 2
    Droideka done! At least all the lines. Shading has yet to be done, as is the scanning and posting, but I just finished up drawing the lines! Didn't think I'd ever get it. :D

<edit again> I moved it slightly. I've also added some shading to it, so I'm putting another one in. Updating the link now...

Rocie's unshaded droideka

Droideka with some shading
  17. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    First of all, I apologize for falling behind on these critiques. I knew they had to be done, but just didn't get around to it. So I'm going to continue them now and hopefully get these caught up.

_Artoo_ is next up on the list. This is from the Anakin/Padme challenge, and I'm going to post both drawings for reference:

Padme

Anakin

Interesting style you have going on here. Very subtle in the actual likeness of the characters, but overall excellent drawings. I think your shading and choice of medium really helps them along. The eyes, for example, look like windows or reflected glass. It's like you can look straight through them. This is especially evident in the one of Anakin(and you said you had trouble with the eyes :p ).

You also incorporated guidelines within the drawing and kept them there. I often see people erase these quickly. But, in most cases, leaving them within the drawing can be beneficial. They not only give insight on the process, but they often become part of the drawing and give them movement. This is present in both Anakin and Padme.

As for something to work on - I would just say trying to get more of an actual likeness. But it's not really urgent. I really like the style you're using here and I don't want to mess that up. ;)

Ovearll, outstanding job on this first assignment. I'm glad you were able to participate. I hope to see you back for another go. :)

Esira and Rocie, both of those look excellent. I'm so glad you were able to give this a try. Look for a critique soon. :D/>
  18. Esira Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow Rocie that's really good! And I understand your pain!! :D

And thanks all the people who gave their compliments to my ...intresting interpritation of Grievous!
  19. _Artoo_ Jedi Padawan

*Delurks*

Thanks for the crit, HS29 :) I'll definately try to have a go at the current assignment, I need to practice drawing more complex forms.

Esira, you're GG is amazing, it looks great! I don't think the proportions are that off at all :)

And Rocie, your Droideka is good too, you've got all the detail in there. Its pretty accurate, I'd say :)
  20. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    WOW!! Great work on the latest assignment, everyone! I'm killing myself, trying to get the droideka completed (it may end up in line form only, it's taking me so long...)--the submissions so far are fantastic! Rocie, I just have to comment on your droideka: absolutely marvelous! Your linework is spot on--all the practice you've been doing is certainly showing in your amazing progress! Good job! And Esira...sigh. Fantastic stuff! Guess I'd better get back to work, or I'll never get mine in on time! :p

FF
  21. _Artoo_ Jedi Padawan

I did say I'd have a go :p Here's my Grievous:

http://www.deviantart.com/view/15092426/

2 hours (it took me way longer than I thought!) in blue pencil. Colour is good :) Oh, and the image is quite big, a little warning to you folks with dial-up.
  22. bountyhunterx Jedi Knight

star 1
  23. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Finally!! Here is (are...?) my submission (s) for the current assignment--I only got half of it done (Grievous was a goner when I started work on the droideka--as Esira said so well: "The detail nearly killed me! (Emphasis added, for my own experience! :p ) ), but I'm posting what I have, anyway! My copy of the reference picture didn't get all of the legs--thus, the "cut-off" appearance...que sera, sera...

Line drawing:
    [image=http://img23.exs.cx/img23/7356/droideka0oi.jpg]

Shaded drawing:
    [image=http://img208.exs.cx/img208/3504/droideka20ui.jpg]

Let the critiques begin! :D

FF

24. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    _Artoo_:That really looks excellent. I would like to comment more on it, but I want to save some for the critique. ;)

Falcon_Fan:: Aye, I say that is really detailed. I would have probably never finished it. Excellent submission. :)

25. Jediloren Jedi Master

star 2
    FalconFan

The shaded droideka is great. The shading is paticularly accurate.

Rocie

Your droideka lacks shading but is very well done with all the detail there.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.