Art Archive Fan Art Class: Version 4.0 (Current Assignment: Coming Soon!)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. Valie Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I can start on one of the older assignments right? [face_thinking]
  2. labpizza Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I can start on one of the older assignments right

hehe.. according to HanSolo29 you can.. :}
  3. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Yes, you are allowed to go back and do any past assignment you wish. I have all the reference pics stored on my computer. Just let me know which one you'd like to do and I'll send you the appropriate pics. :)
  4. Iryla Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hello, I decided to do the first assignment because the others just weren't working with me. But anyways, I'm not a very good artist. Just warning you all.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/Suliel/Padme_drawing.jpg]
  5. yoda-san Jedi Youngling

hey, I would like to join [face_dancing] I already have some drawings and paintings...
    can I join you foks?
  6. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Wow...someone resurrected this thread. And a good thing you did too. I almost forgot about it and really need to get cracking on those critques.

As for joining in - yes, feel free to jump on in! If you need the reference images, just send me a PM. I have all of the past assignments except the very first one(still trying to hunt that one down :p ).
  7. wicktone Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Wow, I'd never really looked in this thread. Great idea having this! I'm sure it really helps a lot of people.
  8. XVIII_XV_XIII_V Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I'd just like to take this chance to say that I'm really enjoying everyone's artwork. I know how tedious art can be, but you're all doing fantastic.

On a similar note, I'd like to say that I really admire and respect HanSolo29 for taking time out of your busy schedule to help everyone with their artwork. Its a hell of a thing to do.

Keep up the great work.
  9. jediknightruthie Jedi Master

star 4
    WOW!!! It must make you really nervous to show everyone your art work!!! Keep up all the great work!!=D=
  10. SoloKnight Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello everyone. I thought I'd give this thread a shot because it seemed like a really cool idea. So here's my attempt at drawing Anakin for the first assignment:

[image=http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/triggerhappymidget/AnakinSky.jpg]
  11. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    I saw this was sitting idle for a while and I was thinking with summer approaching, now would be the ideal time to bring this back. But I was thinking about going through some changes with it to make this a little easier on myself :p

Instead of me going through every single participant and having me just give the critique, I was thinking we can all participate in this portion. Sure, I'll still give feedback, but I won't be the only one. I think it works better to have multiple opinions on a particular piece of work anyway. It'll be more structured like an actual classroom critique.

Thoughts? Yea/nay on bringing this back?
  12. Excalibur14 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I'm always up for picking other member's brains and learning some new tricks.
  13. BigFatty Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I haven't seen this thread before, and I think it's a great idea. Please let the art classes continue.
  14. FalconFan Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ooo! Ooo! Art Class starting up again!? [face_dancing][face_dancing] And a big "Yay" for the "cooperative critique" part--not only will the participants get a lot of valuable feedback, but we'll also all learn to give better critique as well (always a helpful skill, particularly in a forum setting like this)! Great idea! And maybe we could also help keep the total burden off you, Han, by offering subjects for assignments, too (...kind of like some of us are already doing with the Challenge thread... :D )--maybe things we feel we could use more practice with, or things we want to learn more about in terms of technique...? Just brainstorming--take or leave, of course! ;) It's great to see this coming back to life!

FF
  15. Basement24 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Cool! Sounds like a great idea! I didn't even know of this until it was brought up again. Definitely a good idea to make it open to more critiques, save HanSolo29 some stress! :) I'm all for it!
  16. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Okay, great! Glad to see there's still some drive to keep this thread going!

What I'm going to do is start another thread for this so we can start anew with new rules, assignments, etc. Until I can get the new thread up, please let me know if there's anything in particular you would like to work on. As FalconFan said, I'm always open to suggestion and willing to work with whatever you folks would like to try out. I'm gonna try to have the new thread up by the weekend, so please let me know if there's anything in particular you would like to see. :)
  17. Fenrisulven Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Art class starting up again? Nice! As for things to work on I think clothes and folds and things like that would be great.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.