1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!
  2. Welcome Guest.

New feature: The Art of Disney…Now discussing:

Artist Fan Arts by Art deWhill **UPDATE Jan 25th 2011**

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Art_deWhill, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. Art_deWhill Jedi Knight

*** UPDATE Oct. 7 2010 ***
    here is another digital composite for wich I used Habro action figures ;)

[image=http://thumb11.webshots.net/t/82/182/7/13/60/2232713600106173151KeHIiA_th.jpg]
    and here is another one I did in collaboration with and as commissoned work for a cosplayer:
    [image=http://thumb11.webshots.net/t/82/182/0/14/91/2958014910106173151MkXnEn_th.jpg]

Enjoy :)

*** UPDATE Oct. 2 2010 ***
    Exciting News:
    I am proud to announce that one of my traditional works will be published in the upcoming issue of the club magazine of the the Official Star Wars Fan Club Germany:
    [image=http://oswfc.alphakom.de/images/JOTW59.jpg]

Hi all,
    I am back on track in doing fanarts for a few months now (after pausing and focusing on traditional art) and found this place and its awesome talents. For I am always interested in meeting new artists and making new friends and of course I liked so much of the paintings and drawings here, I simply decided to join and start posting some of my stuff.
    Hope you enjoy and thank you for your time ;)

FIERY RIDE

"I'm sorry, sir. No one is allowed entry."

DARTH SIDIOUS (Header image created for the German Galactic Senate forum)

2. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    WOW stunning and vivid artworks.

Digital? or paintings?
  3. Art_deWhill Jedi Knight

thank you very much for your kind reply!!
    these are digital paintings and composites, for I sometimes use photographs of toy figures or model kits as starting point. But I also do paintings with oils or acrylic, e.g. this one, a McQuarrie inspired self created Sandcrawler - to show that the Jawas have more than just on type of it ;)
  4. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Nice artwork. acrylic and oils are my medium too and watercolours and pencils
  5. Art_deWhill Jedi Knight

just wanted to show an all new image I have created... oh, I love Sandtroopers :)
    [image=http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4001/4486770650_6f4f656485.jpg]

thanks for your time ;)
  6. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
  7. Slowburn Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Excellent work, man. It's a breath a fresh air compared to a lot of "Star Wars" art I see on the internet. I especially dig the Sandcrawler.
  8. DaMaher Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow! I am very impressed! I was beginning to think that this thread was just for amateurs. You should get into matte painting.
  9. paltonae356 Jedi Knight

I love sandtroopers too! Great job! :D
  10. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    Very sandy!

[face_laugh]

No, honest, I like the sand trooper piece a big deal, too. The casual way they hold their heads...

You caught a nice moment here.
  11. Art_deWhill Jedi Knight

First I have to say a big sorry for answering so late, but I was consumend with a lot of other stuff and activities... maybe a bit to much, for I lost track on some of my boards like this one.

thanks you so much for all your kind and encouraging remarks, I am simply blown away when I hear you guys talking about "fresh air in fan arts" and such :)
    its just my style and I did work hard to improve it. And to show you what I came up with the last months I would very much like to show two new paintings, a digital composite of some Hasbro Troopers, and a Cout Dooku oil painting - with some slight digital enhancements.
    hope you enjoy.
    And this time no late replies - promised!

[image=http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/188/8/7/Securing_the_Battlefield_by_Art_deWhill.jpg]

[image=http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2010/170/0/0/Count_Dooku_by_Art_deWhill.jpg]
  12. XCell Jedi Master

star 4
    Nice, I especially like the Dooku oil painting. What program do you use for the digital work?
  13. Art_deWhill Jedi Knight

thanks!! I am glad you like the traditional ways ;)
    For the digital works I use Photoshop Elements and Corels Painter Essentials.
  14. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Love your Dooku=D==D= dark with all those vivid colours
  15. Art_deWhill Jedi Knight

thanks a lot for this kind remark :)
    yeah, using bold and vivid colors is a habit of mine ;)
  16. Harpalyce Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    CONGRATS on the honor of having your artwork used in the German magazine!! Your artwork is absolutely wonderful - the vivid colors and impressionistic strokes lend your paintings a real boldness and personality, and it is always a treat to find Star Wars fan-art in traditional media.
  17. Art_deWhill Jedi Knight

thank you so much for your thoughtful words and remarks on how you see my works and for the good whishes :) Its greatly appreciated :)
  18. soitscometothis Force Ghost

star 5
    Your stuff is terrific! Love the stormtroopers/clonetroopers.
  19. Art_deWhill Jedi Knight

thanks a lot! glad you like my stuff :)
    yeah, I like troopers a lot, storm... sand... clone... ARC... so I sure will do more of them ;)
  20. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    Oh, yes please! Can´t wait to see more!

I am also happy that Robert Eiba did send me the fan magazine.

*is also proud that she did end up on page 2 just behind your wonderful Yoda with her Disney/ SW crossovers*
  21. Art_deWhill Jedi Knight

Hej, AzureAngel2,
    thank you for your kind words!
    so you are the lady behind the wonderful crossover! a clever idea and beautifully painted, I already told Robert.

BTW I have a gallery on DeviantArt with a lot more images online and I am on Facebook, too, but with nearly the same pics of course; just to please everyones faved network ;)

22. Cem_Fel Force Ghost

star 4
    Somehow I know that name and I also know some of your drawings ;) At first I thought I'm just mistaken by a user with the same name but after I saw your art... It's obvious you are the same :D I didn't know, that you are a member of the JC, too.
    Have you ever considered to take a look in the FanForce GSFF (German Speaking FanForce)?

Did I really miss all these amazing pictures? I feel like I haven't seen so many of them, but they are fantastic!!!=D=

(und falls du dich jetzt fragst, wer ich bin: Shawnkyr von einem gewissen Forum, wo du Ehrenmitglied bist, die Welt ist klein, ne? :p)
  23. Art_deWhill Jedi Knight

Now thats what I call a big surprise ;D
    jepp, ol' Arti shows ups everywhere, always on the run for inspirations...

thank you so much for this warm feedback! no worries, you don't missed them, it's jsut I dont flood the boards with all my works ;) its a start to get in touch with people. Its a place to discuss the works, DA is just a gallery...
  24. Art_deWhill Jedi Knight

UPDATE TIME
    ===========

again I did some commissions two cosplayer asked for, sending me some stunning stock photographs and this is what I came up with:

[image=http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/45777/2883727790106173151S600x600Q85.jpg]

[image=http://inlinethumb48.webshots.com/1007/2042435770106173151S600x600Q85.jpg]

Enjoy!
  25. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    great pieces full of action and life.=D= tense atmosphere.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.