main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan Audio panel at DragonCon

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by keithabbott, Aug 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Well, it's official, granted I will not technically be attending. We've been working on a short video presentation for those in attendance. It will be approximately 3 minutes in length.

Anyhow, the panel is scheduled for Sunday August 31st between 10-11am in the Dunwoody room for those wishing to attend. Nathan, you may want to spread the news around here at TFN if you can and on your the Sonja site.

Also Nathan, please plan on signing up at the RoN yahoo group asap so you'll be ready for the audio chat this Sunday between 3-5pm EST to discuss planning of the event. Pam will be leading the meeting. I'll be involved to some degree..but not much.

Keith

2. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    It's unlikely I'll be around this Sunday at all, with someone coming into town (unless it's put off another week).

As for the panel itself, right now, I'm tempted to see about a video type thing as well, because it keeps looking more and more like I may not be attending DC at all. It took them until the last couple of days to make 1-day tickets available, and even then, I haven't been able to order them. If they're "limited quantity at the door only," I will probably *not* be there, as it's my only time in the near future when I'd be able to get away from ATL and back to Indiana for a couple of days.

3. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    If that's the case, then please get in touch with Pam asap to let her know what's up. She can be reached at kinneypk@aol.com.

I hope you can go though...as for a video presentation I dunno though. Pam was very against my 3 minute presentation at the beginning cause I asked for like 10 minutes. She cut it down to 3. :) Directors..sheesh. What can you do huh?

Keith

4. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I'll be at D*C again this year. Hope to see you guys there if you can make it!

5. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Oh gosh I forgot to mention, Pam Kinney is the director for Rise of Nobility and she will be attending and heading the panel. Also attending will be Linda Lyons who wrote our script and Michael Smith who has been in several audio dramas so far, including RoN and Resurrection. If Nathan can't make it...Dylan didn't you work on Coruscant in some way? Perhaps you might be able to make it? Of course, I'm speculating but I'm sure Pam would want to have 4 people on the panel if possible.

Keith

6. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Yeah, I was the voice of Qui-Gon. I'd be glad to be on the panel if you need me.

Hey... two Kinneys on the same panel... [face_laugh]

7. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    I'll bring it up at the meeting this afternoon. I guess you might have a shot at it if Nathan can't make it.

Keith

8. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    My appearance will basically depend upon what I find out in the next day or two by calling Dragon*Con's ticket line. If they can sell a one-day pass for Sunday over the phone, rather than at the door with no guarantee of availability, I'll still be in.

Otherwise, I'll be getting a 3 min or so video to PK.

9. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Well the meeting yesterday was somewhat productive. Nathan, I'm sure you can understand now why our project has taken so long. :) We're all very passionate about what we believe, and hopefully that's evident in our end product.

Michael, once again my apologies for not us not getting to your concerns. We definitely will in the next week.

Dylan, sent you a PM.

Keith

10. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Update: Yes, I'll be there. So if the others are still game, it looks like the panel will also be the basis for a sort of "ChronoVideo" episode, probably with tags from Michael and I on it as well.

11. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Another update: Chris Hanel is going to try to check out the panel, so he may be in the audience, and there's also a chance that Amy Ferrell (Kristara in 2S and Dira in Dreamscape) might be there as well. I should know for sure soon, as she'd have to be staying with me if she comes in for that weekend.

12. DarkLordofSmith

DarkLordofSmith Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    I'm looking forward to this panel, it should be fun.

13. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    please, please, please, someone record this. I think it would be a hell of a thing to add to starwarsfanworks, since this is audios big push.

14. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    Yes it would be great. :)

Chris

15. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Michael is planning on recording it. Some of the footage may make our documentary. Don't yet know about that since Luke is the one editing it. As for the rest of it, could end up on our DVD...could end up here...could end up at RoN. Oh who knows. :) But I've got a tripod...dropping that off to Pam this weekend...Michael's got the camera...

So we'll see...

Oh and ask Michael...he's put in a LOT of work into this whole DCon video shoot. Trying to get the compression worked out, pulling his hair out in the meanwhile, getting the transfer from PAL to NTSC worked out. Practically suffering from a heat stroke. He's gone to a lot of trouble to do just that for all of us. :)

Keith

16. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Based on format and doing some pre- and post-blurbs, the panel itself will probably be a video edition of CR as well.

That's the bulk of the "ChronoVideo" idea that Michael started coming up with.

17. DarkLordofSmith

Feb 27, 2001
    Have I realy done that much!!!

Somehow it feel less.

I can't take all the credit, and I won't take credit for coming up with teh ChronoVideo idea.

I was taking the camcorder along, and I just thought that it might be an idea to film the panel maybe jsut extract the audio track.

Everything else has just developed on its own course.

It should be fun,I just wish I could be taking the digital camcorder.

18. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    I actually think it might be a good idea to also record just the audio for the panel, but I really don't want to be bringing my laptop to DragonCon, when the only place to store it other than on my shoulder is in my car in a pay parking lot nearby.

19. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    remember, the audio can be taken off of the video for those who may not be able to dl a big video.

20. DarkLordofSmith

Feb 27, 2001
    I know, I've got it all sorted out.

21. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    10:00 tomorrow morning!

22. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    So how did it go guys?
    Keith

23. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Went pretty well. I'm going to do a write-up about it for Fanworks for when I launch the site in a few hours.

24. Keiran_Horn

Keiran_Horn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    I'm eagerly awaiting that write up Nathan. ;)

25. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    I'll probably be working on it tomorrow or Tuesday. I also need to finish up a WaveLab for Dummies tutorial I'm working on. Those'll be in the first set of news updates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.