main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Fan-Boys the movie

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Cobern, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Cobern

Darth_Cobern Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2008
    I saw on the MA pages that fanboys movie is coming to theaters pn Nov 26. Anyone know if that is true?

2. theimmortaljedi

theimmortaljedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2008
    on the new jedi council speaks podcast they say the date is diffrent depending on what site you look at. Oct,nov,and dec are all dates given on some sites. THey need to just put this out all ready sheesh.

3. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    And I thought I had heard talk about it going straight to DVD... It would seem that no one knows where this is going...

4. theimmortaljedi

Aug 23, 2008
    Yea, I guess there was rumors of fans boycotting do to story changes and it freaking out the film company. I want to see this film one way or another.

5. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    For anyone that has forgotten... here's the trailer

6. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Well, seems as if the movie has now been pushed to Feb, 2009! I just hope this isn't going to be another 'Chinese Democracy'! [face_frustrated]

7. theimmortaljedi

Aug 23, 2008
    Fanboys Delayed Until 2009

Posted By Mike on October 27, 2008

According to an article about the Weinstein Co. at the LA Times, it seems that Fanboys is now being delayed until January. See the excerpt below and click here for the full article.

"Fanboys": Harvey says the movie has been moved to January "so we can do a major promotion with Comcast, who's arranging for a big advertising tie-in for us on the film."

8. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    As of right now.... I don't think I even care about this movie. I remember it being talked about back at C2 for that matter. They have changed the story now like 5 times. Can anyone even remeber what it was first about?

I think it has been pushed back as well like 8 times. From what I can find out at work is the new date is sometime next year 09', possibly in Feb. Who knows. I think maybe they should just keep it untill C5. Hey... that's only this coimg spring.

Why not... then just show it there to everyone that goes. That would be kinda cool and they chould get a reading on everyone that see it and go from there on what to do with it. Like put it in theathers or straigh to video.

SeeYa,
    TK

9. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
  10. theimmortaljedi

Aug 23, 2008
    thanks for posting the link!!! I still want to see it. What do you think of that trailer?

11. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Ok.... SO maybe that trailer makes it look a little better. lol But come on.... why is it taking SOOOOOooooooo..... long? :)

SeeYa,
    TK

12. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    with all the problems this project is having this should just go to DVD and skip the theaters. It has taken way too long to get produced and really doesn't seem to fit in anywhere. This was based on events before EP1 and that was 10+ yrs ago if my memory serves me correctly so the timing isn't there for this movie. Had it been done right after TPM I could see this a being a big deal and cool idea that could have made some coin. But 10 yrs later it really has no place to be on the big screen. With that said I would like to see it I saw a good portion of the film at CIV and it looked very interesting, but with each delay my interest is dropping and at this point it should just go to DVD.

13. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    WoW!

I don't think I could have said that ANY better. Thats what I was tring to say a few post ago. lol But I'm sure if it does goes to the movies... I'm sure I'll be there. lol Bucket and all.

I'm such a StarWars "Garden Rack" lol

SeeYa,
    TK

14. theimmortaljedi

Aug 23, 2008
    star wars movie even slightly related I am there!!!

15. Darth_Cobern

Apr 29, 2008
    Well, I guess they finally released the film and it is even showing right here in the Granite State. It is playing in Concord at the EMC Concord 6 theaters. I'm not sure that it will still be there this week-end, but I'm up for a trip there if anyone else wants to go. As of today, Wednesday, they only have showtimes posted for today and tomorrow. I will keep checking and keep you all posted. Please let me know if there is interest.

16. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I would love to go, but money is tight until Friday. I hope that it will stay around for at least another week...

17. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    Rats! Time is really tight for me this weekend, but if it's playing at a time I can make it, I'd love to go. I am free on Monday too....

18. Darth_Cobern

Apr 29, 2008
    I guess the phrase "He who hesitates is lost." applies here. I checked on Fandango and it indicated that the EMC Concord 6 will not be showing Fanboys after today (Thursday). Looks like we will have to wait for the DVD version to come out in what, two weeks or something? I smell a movie night. Or is that last night's leftover pizza?

19. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    Doesn't left over pizza imply a movie night?? I thought it was a foregone conclusion....

20. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    has anyone called up thee to make sure today is the last day? i'll call them in the morning and double check. Maybe we'll get lucky? We can all go Saturday if they have it. I'll be there... I'll even dress up and anyone wishes to go. I'll call around and let you guy's know if it still there.

Later,
    TK

21. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    How about calling your friend that works at the Strand theatre in Dover? Do you think she can get it?

22. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    It is gone from the Concord 6. :_|

But who knows were it will show up next? I guess we could call her up and ask? I guess it would not hurt. They are tring to get the movie out all over the place right?

Later,
    TK

I check this weeks up date to see were it's going next.

23. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Anyone know how and the heck your to find out where this is playing any more? Every movie site you go to tells you NOTHING> It's like running around in circles. lol They still have Boston listed on Starwars. com as a place to go see it. Put you can not find out were? They do not even have it listed at the the Fanboys web site? Oh , well.

Later,
    TK

24. Darth_Cobern

Apr 29, 2008
    I believe Fanboys opened in Canada last Friday. That would be a long road trip, though.:_|

25. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    ROAD TRIP!! I'd be a homecoming for me :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.