main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Fan Club Event - Dinner & a Movie - Fri, Dec. 21

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedigal, Dec 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Okay, folks, this is it! The first event of the Greater St. Louis Star Wars fan club (name subject to future change) has been scheduled (arbitrarily) by me as follows:

What: Dinner and a Movie
    The film will be Lord of the Rings part I, Fellowship of the Ring
    Dinner will be your choice, in the food court.
    When: Friday, December 21
    Meet at 6:00 PM for dinner and stimulating conversation, followed by the movie.
    Although we can't know in advance the exact time the movie will start, we will be attending whichever showing starts somewhere between 7 and 8:30.
    Where: Northwest Plaza Food Court, followed by the Northwest 9 Cine.
    Northwest Plaza is at St. Charles Rock Road and Lindbergh Blvd.
    If anyone needs directions, feel free to email me.
    Cost: Dinner will vary, depending on which food court vendor you choose.
    The cost of the movie will be $6.50 for adults, or $5.00 for students with a valid student ID.
    I will be purchasing advance tickets for myself and anyone else who wishes it. Advance tickets have a 75 cent handling charge. Adult advanced ticket is $7.25 and student advanced ticket (don't forget to bring your ID with you) is $5.75. If you want me to buy you a ticket(s), send me an email, and send the money to me via Paypal. To learn about paypal, visit them at https://www.paypal.com/

I realize that this time of year is very busy for everyone, however, with Episode II coming soon, there's no time like the present to get this fan club going. I hope you can make it. This is why I have made the effort to provide as much advance notice as possible. We only need 3 people to attend for it to be considered an official event.

Also, I realize that the movie may be very busy. This is why I have offered to purchase advance tickets for you. I seriously urge you to consider this option. Thankfully, the movie's first day is Wednesday, so MAYBE that will decrease the rush a LITTLE bit, if a lot of people go to see it on Wed and Thurs.

I hope to see you there, and
    May the Force Be With You.

2. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    I'd also like to apologize for the promised K-Pax dinner and movie outing never occurring. None of the mall theatres ran that movie. The reason I'd like us to meet in the mall is that it's an easy place for parents to come and check out what their kids are getting involved in, if any teens want to show up for this. Parents can watch from a distance and see that it's all on the up and up.

3. Princess_Robin

Princess_Robin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2001
    Hehe...I will see what Tabee says....hopefully it is an all go! :)

4. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    When you get the details hammered out and enough RSVPs let myself and Bobafemme know so we can post it on the main Fan Force board.

Good luck with your event!

5. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    Sally, we are so going!!!
    first I gotta figure out how that paypal thing works... and we need directions...

6. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Tab and Sal, will you coming over the Poplar Street Bridge?

7. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    ummm, I think so.... not really sure, I'll try getting directions from mapquest tomorrow

8. Princess_Robin

Sep 24, 2001
    I don't know either...and Tabee if you figure out that pay pals thing tell me...from what I have gathered it involves something I don't have...a bank account...for all who don't know don't ask...

9. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Paypal online payment system works with banks and credit cards. So, yes, no gotten no mullah to trade, no gettten no fund transfer via paypal. But you could give Tabee the money, and she could paypal for both of you.

10. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    go ahead, put ideas in her head... just kidding

11. Darth_Athena

Darth_Athena Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2000
    Well, once again, guess who is unable to go.

Seeing as I will be working... Plus I just bought 11 tickets for me and my friends to see the movie on the 19th at 12:45 at ronnies.... Well, Once again, I'm sorry!

12. Princess_Robin

Sep 24, 2001
    actaully I was already thinking that...I will pay back!

13. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Too bad, Athena!!! :(

They couldn't do a schedule switch? Just a thought.

And you certainly could see it MORE THAN ONCE, I would think.

But seriously, I understand if you can't, but it'd be cool to finally meet you.

14. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Woohoo!!! Our event is listed on the main FanForce page! Check it out.

Thanks Bobafemme. :)

15. JawaChef

JawaChef Jedi Master star 3

Feb 13, 2001
    Hi all, sorry I've been silent so long, my computer has literally been buried while we had some construction done on the sandcrawler....
    Anyway, I really want to come to the event, so I am going to attempt to find someone to work my shift that day (I normally get off at 10:30 pm ). Northwest plaza is great for me since I am there all the time!
    Chef

16. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Chef, it would be SOOOOOO excellent if you were able to make it. This is why I thought I needed to give lots of advance notice, for exactly this type of situation.

I'm so excited! :D

17. JediRush

JediRush Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2001
    Hey all, Long time reader, first time poster. Sorta.
    This sounds like a great plan. Pencil me in, hoping that tix don't run out before I get there. I'll be coming from downtown that day when I get off of work.
    I know I'm new to these boards, so to speak. Anyone here remember the boards from countingdown.com way back in the day?

Eric

18. Another.Sky.Walk.er..

Another.Sky.Walk.er.. Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2000
    I really want to go!!!!

I am going to try and get the day off from work!!!

19. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    OK, a slight problem has come up, not really a big one, but anyway. My mom is ok with me and Sally going, but she doesn't really want us going by ourselves (which is understandable) so I asked some of my older SW friends if they'll go with us, is that ok?

20. JawaChef

JawaChef Jedi Master star 3

Feb 13, 2001
    Count me in, thankfully a lot of people around work are eager to time trade. I think I'll swing by and pick up an advance ticket....yay! I actually get to go to something!! :))

21. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Tabee, I think it's a great idea to have some other friends go to the movie as well. After a couple of meets, you and your family may feel more comfortable or your other friends will be just as enthralled with FanForce.

22. Princess_Robin

Sep 24, 2001
    hehe...just as long as I get there I don't care who comes with us, Tabee...:) ok I do...but ya know what I mean...

23. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    J-Rush - Glad you'll be joining us. Welcome. And don't forget my paypal offer, or, since you live fairly close, you could buy your own advance ticket. I believe tickets will be on sale for that showing starting Tues the 18th.

Sky...walk...er - Hope you can have the time off!

Tabee - Anyone is always welcome at any gathering we have. We absolutely want everyone to feel safe. It's nice that your parents are concerned. And the people you're bringing are also SW fans? Well definitely bring them.

Chef - That's great news :) I am so excited.

24. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    I honestly did not swipe the idea of having a dinner-and-a-movie event for LOTR on 12/21 from you guys. That post in Chicago went up before I came down to read the St. Louis board....

Yaaaaaaaaaaay! Y'all are gonna have an event! With a good turnout from the looks of things! Ah, too bad I can't get down there m'self, or I would. :)

25. Obi-Dad

Obi-Dad Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2001
    I'd love to go, but I think the location won't work for me, especially considering the time of year. Around Des Peres 14 or the West Olive 16 would work better for me in general, but at a less hectic time of the year, I could probably make it to Northwest Plaza. My wife and I were already planning to go and if it turns out that it works out, I'll try to hook up with you guys if it's not to late.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.