main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan Club Members vs. Non Members

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by DarthLarry, Nov 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLarry

DarthLarry Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2001

does anyone know what exactly are going to be the benefits of being a fan club member? i already am and am very curious as to what these "benefits" are going to be.

i saw the schedule with the gift shop opening earlier, which is cool. but how will they know? are we going to get different passes than the non-members? not to discriminate or anything, just wondering...

any thoughts?

any else get to register yet?...

2. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I'm just guessing, but it would have to be some sort of distinction on the convention pass, whether it's a different color, image, or maybe just a pin to tack on....There'd be a lot of members up the creek if they had to pull out their membership cards. :D ... [face_plain] At least, let's hope not.

3. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    I'm not sure about the extra privileges of being a member, but in the latest issue of Insider there's an article about SWCII. It mentions in the article that the celebration just won't be the same for a non-member.

I wonder if I buy tickets for my friends (I'm a member, they are not) if they would get the special member benefits because I bought the tickets...

Oh well, hopefully we'll know more by the end of the day!

4. vadersfist

vadersfist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2001
    Hmm. I'm taking a non-member. I'd probably better get her signed up!

5. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Since they moved to WOTC, did they ever issue a membership card?

6. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I have the old school membership card but since I renewed I haven't gotten anything from them.

7. DarthLarry

DarthLarry Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2001
    i never got a membership card since WOTC took over. its been years, actually since i received one.

i'm guessing there'll be a different color pass or lanyard or something.

i'm taking some non-member friends as well. i'm sure they'll get in on our benefits, too.

8. daHood

daHood Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    I read that members get in an hour early each day. Maybe there will be special shows too. Who knows.

9. mgmcpa

mgmcpa Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2001
    You get a "membership lanyard" when you buy your pass.

But be careful, you only get 1 with your purchase regardless of how many passes you buy.

I called them and found out that each member must buy tickets on-line individually to get their own lanyard. Without that lanyard, no special perks.

So, don't but multiple passes at once. Get your friends to log on and buy their own (and a membership if they need too).

10. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    What about kids? Will I have to get him a membership too.

11. LadyAnakinSkywalker

LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 6, 2001

The extras for Fan Club members are posted in the Problems with Celebration II thread. :)

12. Lost in Coruscant

Lost in Coruscant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 31, 1999
    I bought into it in September, but I haven't been sent anything.

13. darthdickalan

darthdickalan Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2001
    Hey I signed up aug 30th and just recieved my first magazine a couple days ago. They dont send you a package or anything its just the mag. that sucks becuase i wanted a card and stuff.

14. Lost in Coruscant

Lost in Coruscant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 31, 1999
    Aw geez, that does suck.

I just got the Insider today...

15. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I don't think I got a card either and I joined up a few months back, but I did get "a letter from George Lucas" welcoming me to the Fan Club.

16. Warriorpoet

Warriorpoet Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2001
    I've got my card from 77, I've renewed every two years, Thats the only card I've ever got, I gotten all kinds of other stuff over the years, Bantha Tracks, pencils, post cards, posters, letters about this or that.

They gotten a little chinsy over the past few years, Oh well.

17. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    If you joined the fan club before Wizards took over, and still subscribe to Insider you might actually still be in the fan club. I didn't know I was still in until I went to order my tickets and mentioned I was in the fan club before WOTC took over. I'd call or email them, members get in early and, supposedly, can by exclusive merchandise.

18. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    There's a pretty good list of fan club members benefits at the celebration in the latest SWI.

19. caliman

caliman Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2000
    who's on the cover of the latest one?

20. zuckuss1138

zuckuss1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    isnt it jango and zam wessel?

21. Grand Moff Touch

Grand Moff Touch Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 1999
    Anakin! Just got mine yesterday, as well as my pass and lanyard!

As far as the Fan Club lanyards go, the site(FC) says the limit is one per member per week! So to me that says, order a pass a week till you get as many as you need. I will see if it works next week when I order my wife's pass.

22. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    The newest issue of Star Wars Insider has a list of benefits, including some I hadn't heard about before.

Fan Club Benefits

• Special lanyard for your badge--this is your passport to the land of perks.
    • Early access to the Exhibit Hall & Star Wars Celebration II Store gives you a one-hour jump on celebrity signing events, merchandise, and tons of stuff you'll want first crack at.
    • Limited seating at select special events (like the opening ceremony and more) means you'll be able to see the things you'll really want to see, and hear the things you want to hear.
    • Fan Club members can relax in a private lounge in the convention center's spacious VIP room, which features several video monitors, and a concessions stand. In addition to the comforts of a members-only room, you'll find message boards here so you can make sure you don't miss meeting up with your pals.

This seems to confirm that there will be autographs. The VIP lounge sounds very nice as well.

Phil

23. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Man! That rocks! Now I REALLY can't wait until May. I just wonder how many FC members will be there as opposed to non-members? For me, the VIP thing was the main reason I re-newed my membership instead of just picking up the Insider at Borders or Barnes & Noble every 2 months.

24. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Ooooo sweet :)

25. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    I showed one of my buddies the list and he is now planning on getting his FC membership before May. I think it's a good move on his part...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.