main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

W.VA fan conventions

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Master_Wolf, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Wolf

Master_Wolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2002
    We had talked at the meeting about fan conventions, and possibly attending a few. I was wondering when the next convention was? Ithorian had mentioned something about pittsburgh cons, and I would love to go to something like that...while im waiting for celebration 3, of course. ;)

2. Ithorian

Ithorian Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2000
    OK, guys, here's the lowdown on the Pittsburgh Comicon:

It will be on April 25-27. More info can be seen here:

http://www.pittsburghcomicon.com

Right now, it looks like the "Femmes of the Force" will be there, which includes:

Amy Allen (Aayla Secura)
    Femi Taylor (Oola, Jabba's slave girl dancer)
    Nalini Krishan (Barris Offee)

Of course, guests come and go as the convention gets closer, so just keep watching the website to see who's next.

3. Noble_Kale

Noble_Kale Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2002
    Greetings Mountaineer Fan Force guy's,

How are things going with your group? Great I hope. Is there enough snow out there for you? I just drove 5 hours to home (Hoth - aka Johnstown, PA) from my fiance's in Morgantown. It usually takes less than 2.

Anywhoo, I just wanted to let you all know about a discussion going on at the S.W.A.P.(Pittsburgh Fan force) message board about the Pittsburgh Comic Con in April.

Topic: What Is There To Do In Pittsburgh?

I hope you guy's will be able to make it. The more Star Wars fans that come the better!

The promoter already said they would be more than happy to get more and bigger Star Wars Actors next year and in future years if there is a big enough Star Wars turnout/demand for it. They will cater to whatever the attendees want.

We have the power to turn this into one of the bigger Star Wars cons out there!

Well, take care and hope to see you all in April!

NK

4. Ithorian

Ithorian Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks for the info, Noble Kale!!!

Well, what do you say, guys? Are you up for going to the con? If so, we need to make arrangements for rooms and stuff pretty soon.

5. Fettish_01

Fettish_01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2002
    Well, being the only chick, I don't think my hubby would be too thrilled with me staying in a hotel room with a bunch of guys... :( Maybe I shouldn't go....

:(
    -Fettish

6. Samuel

Samuel Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2001
    hey you can always take your husband with you.

If I could wear a stormtrooper costume I would jump at the chance to go but I don`t :p

7. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002

Hmmm....(tries to think of ways to make this sound interesting to his wife)

8. Master_Wolf

Master_Wolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2002
    Well Fettish, we could get a seperate room for ya and the hubby, should he want to go....

Personally, as Ive stated before, Id definately be up for going!

9. Fettish_01

Fettish_01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2002
    Hubby won't go. I know better than to even ask. He's rather...er....."antisocial"...

Anyway, it all depends on where you guys wanna stay and how much it costs and so forth.

-Fettish

10. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    We're actually having our NE regional dinner/meeting at the pittsburgh comicon. If you would like more information on the fanforce activities for that convention please read more here: regional meet

It would be great to have all the chapters represented there. ;)

11. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002

Very Kewl!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.