main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Fan Day: June 16th

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MysterySith, May 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Sorry, I can't make it down either. Got stuff to do up here...

Bummer!

2. Moeskywalker64

Moeskywalker64 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2002
    15th is good.

3. Moeskywalker64

Feb 13, 2002
    Fan Day is at the Zieg right?

4. Moeskywalker64

Feb 13, 2002
    Anything yet?

5. VLAmidala

VLAmidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2001
    word on the street (or in dallas bbq, i forget which) is that we're probably doing the 6.45 show on saturday at the zieg. not sure if there's gonna be much of anything organized before that, aside from the possible stop at the suckadelic show...

smart blue-badgers? anybody? anyone at all?

6. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    Well I would like to actually go to Palisade Center Mall to see it. then eat at Dave and Busters and play some games.

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Well I would like to actually go to Palisade Center Mall to see it. then eat at Dave and Busters and play some games.

This is just my opinion, of course, but if this is SWNYC and we're doing a SWNYC Fan Day, shouldn't it be in NYC?

Also, how can we do a Fan Day without the Ziegfeld if we're planning on going to see a showing?!? I mean, c'mon... it's the ZIEG!!! :D

8. Moeskywalker64

Feb 13, 2002
    How about a picnic at the ZIEG :)
    Yea Zieg is the place to be........

9. asax

asax Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2001
    smart blue-badgers?

Now there's an oxymoron if I ever heard one.

There was some discussion of perchance meeting up at the Suckadelic Star Wars exhibit downtown, and afterwards heading up to the Zieg for the 6:45, getting some food in between. For us, this wasn't going to ever be any big deal, just an excuse to get everyone together to celebrate the love. Hopefully we'll get an issue of the Clone out before long with any further plans...

Comments? Suggestions?
    A thought? Anyone?

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Carnegie Deli - 5:30
    Ziegfeld - 6:15 (to lock up M-row and others)
    Showtime - 6:45

That's a thought. :)

11. Moeskywalker64

Feb 13, 2002
    Like I said it would be cool if we could do something near the Zieg...

12. asax

asax Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2001
    Agreed, the longer we spend AT the Zieg, the happier I'll be...that place creates the force, makes it grow...

13. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    If you guys go to a later show, like 8:00 or later, then I can make it :)

14. Moeskywalker64

Feb 13, 2002
    That sidewalk is the most magical place in the world ::sniffle::

Edit- I don't want to pull a Culley so I should ask. In order to congretate on the Fisher Bros. property would we need insurance and the whole deal... If so would that rule out a SW picnic infront of the Zieg?

15. VLAmidala

Jun 7, 2001
    it is, moe, it is!

i'm all in favor of mobbing fisher park for a good while, especially since it seems (right now, at least) that the weather should be decent on saturday.

and um... that's really all i have to contribute. funny how i can make reference to bluebadgers and *poof* one appears though, huh? i'm good like that.

16. SJLinNYC

SJLinNYC Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 2000
    *poof*

Did somebody say "Blue Badger"?

Why do I suddenly feel like Jambie from Pee Wee's Playhouse?

I have no official word on activities for Saturday, though I think a visit to the Suckadelic exhibit and picnic in Fisher Park would be charming ways to pass the afternoon.

17. VLAmidala

Jun 7, 2001
    now i'm really cool.

go me! :D

18. LadySith

Dec 5, 2000
    SWNYC covers a much wider range than just New York City. We have members from all over this area. And, While I see your point DP4M I also am not that into giving those jerks at the Zieg more of my money. I have not been back since opening night and will be hard pressed to go there and spend $30 dollars in a place that is run by morons.

As far as Fisher Park goes, they have picnic tables and people can gather together and eat there since by providing tables that is it's intended purpose, that is also private property opened for public use thereby carrying it's own liabilty insurance...see the difference?

19. bobajames

bobajames Jedi Master star 3

May 6, 2002
    and some of us just may not b able to get to nj for fan day.....
    edit: spelling

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    <snip>I also am not that into giving those jerks at the Zieg more of my money. I have not been back since opening night and will be hard pressed to go there and spend $30 dollars in a place that is run by morons.

?[face_plain]

Ummmm... what did I miss? Were there significant problems with the Ziegfeld that I missed at some point?

21. Moeskywalker64

Feb 13, 2002
    "Ummmm... what did I miss? Were there significant problems with the Ziegfeld that I missed at some point?" Yea me too...

Crap I can't make to NJ...

22. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    I can't go to New Jersey either.

23. LadySith

Dec 5, 2000
    Well basically after the hard time they gave us to even have the line there, the head of security was a real jerk over an incident where a few line members forgot their badges at work (it happens) and one of the Ziegfield security clones saw a shift boss (dont recall his name) passing a badge to a line member. When Amit and I tried to explain he just got more and more idiotic ( The security dude) saying and I quote "I am going to throw someone out tonight" the guy would not listen to reason and cause a lot of grief for a few people. Tho' I have heard from quite a few people a different version of the story is floating around about this. Specifically that I was caught giving copies of badges to my friends. Which of course is not true but is a lot more scandalous to say. :)

Anyway it was the overall attitude of the Zieg with that night as icing on the cake that makes me less then enthusiastic to go there again. I am not trying to get anyone to go to NJ fanday (Besides The Palisade Mall is actually in New York) :) No matter where we all end up Saturday we will all be together in our love of SW :) and I still may turn up Sat at the Zieg.

24. Moeskywalker64

Feb 13, 2002
    "No matter where we all end up Saturday we will all be together in our love of SW."
    ::sniffle::

Hey it's no big deal really, I mean opening night I could find no straws so I went in to get some and this dude was like "HEY!" I said "What?" and he saw that I took a straw and was like "Oh, I thought you were..." I said: "What STEALING?" and he shut up. You have to realize that there was a reason that these people got a job doing nothing at the theater. Arguing with them just makes us as stupid as them :)

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Hey... someone in charge should decide what we're doing (if it's being organized from the top) very shortly... people need to start making plans for the weekend on Wednesday, right? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.