main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan Days 2011

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Ganner-1138, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Ganner-1138

Ganner-1138 Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2007
    So a group of us who met at CV either at the Unofficial Wednesday Night Get-Together or elsewhere during the show, have been blowing up poor artist Joe Hogan's Facebook page today about his photo of one particular CV poster that Reed had displayed (who knows why?) at NYCC last weekend.

Anyway, the discussion degenerated into wishing for CVI to be just around the corner, but it's not, so I brought up that we should all meet up at Fan Days next year...

So, long story longer, here in a more appropriate venue we start our Unofficial Fan Days 2011 Get-Together/CV Reunion!

2. XJapanRoX

XJapanRoX Official Star Wars Artist star 2 VIP

Dec 5, 2004
  3. Ganner-1138

Oct 14, 2007
    Cross-reference this also with the same thread in the Rebelscum forums:

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=4365073&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1#Post4365065

4. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I was there last year and it was a blast. A much smaller environment than Celebration, but it's all about Star Wars and all the same celebs are there for the most part. I'm definitely in if I can afford the trip!

5. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    You know there are pretty strong rumours floating around about a Celebration Europe II next year...

6. Ganner-1138

Oct 14, 2007
    Oh that would be fun to go to as well....

7. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Ben Stevens put up the dates for Fan Days 2011. It will be the same weekend as the Texas-Oklahoma game, but he says there is a reason he moved it to that particular weekend....

STAR WARS FAN DAYS OCTOBER 8-9, 2011

8. XJapanRoX

XJapanRoX Official Star Wars Artist star 2 VIP

Dec 5, 2004
    Cannot wait!!!

9. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I've never been to a Fan Days event. Are they like small scale Celebrations? Is it going to be in Texas?

10. jedijaysin

jedijaysin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 15, 2011
    It is just like a mini star wars celebration and it's a blast.It will be held in Fortworth Texas at a brand new convention center.Hope to see you all there!

11. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    Hey all. My significant other and I (you know who she is) are going to be having a little Wicket around May or so, but we're going to try and see if we can pull some baby-sitting strings to try and make it to Fan Days. Who knows, maybe the little ewok will be with us, and even in costume...:p

12. jedijaysin

jedijaysin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 15, 2011
    Does anyone know when tickets go on sale?

13. DK_Force85

DK_Force85 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    Just so you don't accidentally mislead anyone, it's actually in Irving. The Irving Convention Center at Las Colinas, which opened today.

14. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Aug 5, 2004
    I'm hoping to make this happen. Sounds like a good time!

15. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Aug 5, 2004
    David Prowse is listed as the first guest and looks like tickets are $15 per day (glanced very quickly, that could be off a little).

16. hothie

Jun 12, 2004
    Here is a link to the website:
    http://www.scifiexpo.com/DCC/fandays.html

17. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    Anyone have any insider info on when we might start hearing more on this? We're 6 months out and the website is still under construction. No special hotel rates. No more guests, etc.

I've never done a Fan Days before and that info will really help me decide if I want to go for it.

18. hothie

Jun 12, 2004
    My guess is they have a major con going on in May (a version of comic con, I think), and they will work more on this site after that con is done.

19. Jedi_Five

Jedi_Five Jedi Master star 1

Jul 23, 2010
    I'm thinking about attending. I've never been to a Fan Days event before, but I have a friend who lives in Fort Worth. So I have a chance to attend this year, without spending too much money on the hotel room, etc. And it will be nice to visit my friend. I'd be interested to participate in a get-together... and maybe drag my friend to it too!

20. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Aug 5, 2004
    With CV coming up in August 2012 I don't know if I'll be able to swing Texas in October. I was hoping to make it, but I'd much rather put the money towards CVI.

21. kina

kina Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2010
    Do they have Fan Days every year and is it usually around the same time? I can't attend because I'm saving for C6 and I have a horror con that I attend every year in October that's happening the same time as Fan Days.

22. Eric Geller

Eric Geller TFN Staff Emeritus star 1 VIP

Mar 2, 2005
    The first round of guests is away!

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Star_Wars_Fan_Days_IV_139045.asp

Also check out http://www.scifiexpo.com/DCC/fandays.html for info on the first announced panels.

23. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
    So how many people will ask Dave Filoni, "when will we see Ben Quadrinaros on the CW show?"

24. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
    Dave Prowse is out (doctor's orders)
    Billy Dee Williams and George Takei are in.

If anyone is willing to volunteer at the JCC/FanForce table (acquired by Austin Fan Force) please PM me or post here. Starting to put together a volunteer list, would like to have 2 people at the table at all times, and would like to split it up into 3 hour shifts (or thereabouts). If we can get 10 people that would be great. Also if you volunteer and have NOT ordered tickets yet, PM me as I am making a list for those needing vendor badges so I know how many to pick up. There will be a limit.

volunteers:
    1. GrandAdmiralStrife
    2. Maulfly
    3. Ginny (chancellor for Austin FF)
    4. Jedi Dajuan
    5. hothie

I may have two more from Austin FF, but really trying to make this available to as many FF as possible.

25. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
    We should have enough people now for the table.

1. GrandAdmiralStrife
    2. Maulfly
    3. Ginny (chancellor for Austin FF)
    4. Jedi Dajuan
    5. hothie
    6. Grimby
    7. AFF member
    8. AFF member