main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan Fic: Brothers at Heart Part 1 of ?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr, Jul 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr Jedi Master star 3

May 22, 2002
    Title: Brothers at Heart Part 1 of ?
    Author: Wedge Antilles
    Rating: PG
    Spoilers: ANH, ESB, ROTJ ? and all EU books after
    Disclaimers: The characters, and background belong to the Great God Lucas, though the story is mine, I am making no money from this, I do it only for the satisfaction and pleasure.

The oppressive heat and humidity that cloaked the jungle moon of Yavin IV made waking up in the morning difficult even for someone like the young dark haired Corellian who was use to being up around 0430 hours; throwing off his clammy sheets, he sat on the edge of his bunk rubbing the sleep out of his eyes with his knuckles; leaning over, he shook one of his roommates on the shoulder, "Hey, Wes, Wes, wake up, it's damn near dawn and I don't want to be out running in the heat before breakfast - come on Janson, wake up."

"Ah Wedge, go away - it's too early to get up," Wes whined looking at his wrist chrono, "We just went to bed a few hours ago; how can you be up so early after all you drank and not be throwing up - you should be sleeping just like everyone else on base," Wes groaned as he rolled over covering his head with his pillow in a vane attempt to block out the insistent sound of his younger bunkmate?s voice.

"Come on Wes, please; it'll be good for you," Wedge pleaded as he reached over and grabbed Wes' pillow - tossing it to the floor - then grabbing his shoulders and dragging the blue eyed Taanabian out of bed naked, Wedge forced him into a sitting position on the edge of his bunk.

Yawning and stretching, his muscles sore from lack of sleep, "You know Antilles, these early morning runs of yours are going to be the death of you - and I'll be the one doing the shooting," the dark haired, blue eyed Taanabian grumbled as he pulled on his sweats and running shoes; when he looked up, he saw Wedge was similarly dressed only barefoot, "How do you run barefooted, that ground has to tear up your feet."

"Easy," Wedge laughed softly as they left their room and their other two roommates, Biggs Darklighter and Jek ?Piggy? Porkins, sleeping soundly, "I grew up going barefoot on Corellia when I spent my summers with my grandparents on their Nerf ranch ? when I wasn?t Thak riding and herding Nerf, I was off in the woods or down at the lake on their ranch and I did it all in my barefeet; the soles of my feet are like boot leather."

Reaching the outside of the Great Temple that was home to the Rebel Alliance, they took off running through the dense jungle on the well known, and worn, path; an hour later, the two young men returned, tired and sweaty, and headed back to their room and the showers - fifteen minutes after returning to their quarters, they had changed out of their sweats, showered, shaved, dressed in the bright orange flightsuits that were standard pilot issue, and headed for breakfast.

Most people who did not know the two young men, or meeting them for the first time, often mistook them for brothers - they both had dark brown hair and the lithe build of fighter pilots although Wes had sparkling blue eyes that always held the promise of mischief as opposed to Wedge's dark brown serious ones: Wes was also taller and broader in the chest and shoulders; but it was the way they interacted with each other, almost like twins, which gave people the impression they were related and it had been like that since Wes had transferred to Red Squadron from the Tierfon Yellow Aces six months ago ? Wedge had been with them since Dantooine having joined the Rebellion when he was about seventeen, that was three years ago ? being the two youngest members of the squadron, Wedge and Wes naturally gravitated towards each other becoming instant friends. Reaching the Great Hall that doubled as an Officer's Mess, Rec Room and pilot lounge, the two future Rogues picked up plates and silverware and stepped up to the buffet: Wes loaded his plate up with generous portions of everything and grabbed himself a couple of glasses of blue bantha milk; Wedge on the other hand, only took small amounts of some eggs, meat and fruit b

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.