main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan Fiction Review Newsletter, Volume 2-- New!!!! 4/4

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Kettch_the_Jedi, Apr 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002
    Fan Fiction Review Newsletter 2

Welcome to our second edition. We have made some changes and additions but are still trying to perfect the newsletter. If you have any comments, suggestions, or ideas post it here. If you are interested in becoming a reviewer, please visit this link.

Ratings: The order of the ratings are: Poor, Fair, Good, Very Good, Excellent, Amazing.

New Fan Fictions

Title: Han Alone
    Author:Knight-Ander
    Era: OT, AU
    Summary: With his mission to destroy the Imperial shield generator a failure and his friends dead or missing, Han Solo faces his future alone. An intresting concept focusing on "What if the shield Generator on Endor wasn't destroyed?" . Han is captured and is being held on the Death Star while his friends are either missing or dead.
    Number of Reviewers: 3
    Rating: Very Good-Excellent
    Comments: Very well written. With Leia injured, Chewie apparently reduced to a pile of fur, and Threepio missing, there's plenty of suspense and every reason to look forward to the next installment. Knight-Ander also gives us a satisfying look into Han's feelings for Leia, which he did not have a chance to express before their capture. It is very amusing and well-written; it keeps your attention and makes you want to continue reading. It was a wonderful idea to use Han Solo as the main character in this story. It's a gripping tale that has you paying attention to every single word. Bravo on this one!!
    Quotes: Things could have turned in favor of the rebels when the astromech Artoo-Detoo joined the rebel leaders at the recoded lock leading into the bunker, but a lucky shot from a stormtrooper hiding in the woods blasted the droid out of commission and all the way across the bunker's entrance. "Well," Han had said. "I suppose I could hot-wire this thing."

Then she said the last words he would hear from her. "I'll cover you."

Title: Dying Fire: The Three Fathers of Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Author: Jedi_Nifet
    Era: Post TPM, AU
    Summary: Obi-Wan is learning to deal with both his Master's death and having Anakin as a Padawan
    Number of Reviewers: 3
    Rating: Good-Very Good
    Comments: Danger, intrigue, and all the makings of a story shaping up to be a mind twister. There are new takes on old premises, and I will assuredly be reading this one until the end. One of the most intense stories I have ever read; it's great.Many threads come together to form an intriguing start to the story and Nais Kobierta is a very interesting and well-drawn original character.
    Quotes:
    (1)He heard his padawan?s desperate, piercing cry of denial. Felt the pressure of air around him as he fell to his death, a sudden gush of wind that drove into him with ferocity, suffocating him, choking his breath. Then the darkness closed in on him, cutting everything off.

(2)?That was?? Obi-Wan stooped in mid-sentence, seeing the fear ? that bone-deep fear Anakin had brought from his slavery ? show on the boy?s face.

?Um, sorry,? Anakin mumbled, trying to avoid looking at his Master.

A sudden smile broke on Obi-Wan?s face. ?I hope you weren?t going to put it under anyone?s bed to turn it on at night?? he asked playfully.

Surprised, Anakin looked up and had grace to blush.

Title: The Return Home
    Author: Arwen_Solo
    Era: Post NJO
    Summary: After the death of both parents, Ben Skywalker runs away from home, leaving his younger sister b

2. Aanix_Durray

Aanix_Durray Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2001
    Awesome work Kettch and all the reviewers, very well organized and informative :)

~Aanix

3. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    Thanks, Aanix.

Is no one else reading this? All that work and no one reads?

If you have read this, please post your favorite (or if you did not like it: your least favorite) portion of the newsletter.

4. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    My favourite parts are the regular uses of Jedi mind-whammies (usually written in [color]red[/color]... ie: More reviewers are needed. If you are interested in becoming a reviewer, please check out this link. :D

Sterling work, as usual, Kettch, and other contributors. :) Funny and informative and I especially like the bunnies section: do it like a personals ad, maybe: "AU bunny seeks author; Han Solo is 'The Other Hope' of the Galaxy: Luke gets frozen in Han's place and Han must go to Dagobah to be trained by Yoda; vignette or something more?"

:)

Keep up the good work, Kettch: maybe once this has become established they'll add a link at the top of the FanFic Forum pages! :)

*Derisa*

5. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    This is such the awesome idea, Kettch!! So much information, and all the stories you picked are wonderful :) You did a great job! Now, I'm off to review a fic. Oh, BTW, I enjoyed the fic section the most. :) Nicely organized and all.

6. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

This is really cool. Great job to all who worked on it. I'm very impressed.

Is there to be one a month?

7. AlrikFassbauer

AlrikFassbauer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2003
    I've just read it - I liked the ads most. ;) They sound to me quite weird, but somehow very fitting into the SW Universe. ;)

8. Alybrylla

Alybrylla Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Great work everyone! :D
    I liked the reviews best. And the plot bunnies. And the ads. And... everything, really. :)

9. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    Yet another great Newsletter Ketch!

10. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001

Wonderful work as usual, Kettch and the rest of the reviewers :).

I would have to say my favourite section is the reviews. Very organised.

Am [face_love]

11. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Great work! :D

The reviews are very helpful. And the "interesting sites" are pretty funny! I like those. ;)

12. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    Aanix
    Thanks. Glad you like it and find it informative.

Derisa
    Shhh... You weren't supposed to pick up on the "Jedi mind-whammies". Let's keep it our secret. :) I have passed on your bunny suggestion. Thanks for it. And, that would be great if we could get a link!

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi
    Thanks. Glad you like the review section. :)

13. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Thanks for reviewing my story. I was so pleased to find it mentioned! :)

14. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    LadyPadme
    Thanks. Glad you like it. I am aiming for one a month, but it also depends on how many people are willing to review.

15. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Ooooo this is really good, now I have MORE stories to read! :p I'm getting behind gosh, does anyone know of a cloning service so I can read 50 stories at once? :D

16. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    AlrikFassbauer
    I am glad you like the adds. :) They are my favorite part to write. If you have any ideas for more adds, please let me know.

17. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    Alybrylla
    Thanks. I am glad you liked everything.

ForceAchtungBaby
    Thanks. :) They are a lot of work but fun to do.

Amidala_Skywalker
    Thanks. I am glad you like the reviews.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.