main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Fan fiction?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Idgie, Apr 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Does anyone else here read or write SW fan fiction?I'm just curious.Maybe we could get a little sub-group going.(?)

2. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    I've read a lot of it.

Even some cross-over fan fic.

If you want a source for all kinds of fan-fic, check out www.fanfiction.net Tons of stuff there.

I know there are other places online for SW fan-fic, all you have to do is look. Or were you wanting specific sites?

3. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    I'm not looking for fan fiction-sites,I know there are tons of them out there.I was asking if anyone from the Detroit group writes fan fiction.

4. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    Oooooo...okay.

Well, I write other "fiction" with other people in a round-robin kind of style. It's great fun.

We were trying to get a SW story started...but then our message board kind went wacky and we never got it off the ground. I still have my bio for my character.

5. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    I still plan on using this bio...eventually...but I thought I'd share. :)

Name: Sh'Mar
    Species: Farghul
    Homeworld: Farrfin
    Height: 1.8m/5'9"
    Weight: 52k/115lb.
    Body fur: think the color of a chamois cloth
    Hair: Chestnut brown
    Eyes: Bright green with a hint of yellow around the pupil

Background:
    Sh'Mar was just your average Farghul child. She joked and laughed with her friends and family. She was dressed in the finest clothes money could buy. She excelled at games of chance. But there was one thing that made Sh'Mar stand out from other Farghul...her ability to use the Force.

Sh'Mar's dabling in the Force began at a very young age. Her success at games and intellectual puzzles was thought to be a natural gift, which wasn't uncommon in young Farghul children. It wasn't until Sh'Mar was eight years of age that those around her began to question her abilities...

It was during a diplomatic trip with her father (when Sh'Mar was 9 years old), that her gifts caught the attention of one New Republic representative, Leia Organa Solo. Only after speaking with Sh'Mar's father did Organa Solo come to realize that Sh'Mar had ties to the Force. Organa Solo asked to meet with both of Sh'Mar's parents before she arranged for her to come to Yavin IV to train in the Jedi arts. This news was devistating to Sh'Mar's family; Jedi were still feared on Farrfin. There was nothing they could do. Their child needed the training, less she become a danger to others. Sh'Mar was sent to Yavin IV with her parents blessing, but they never contacted her again.

It was difficult for Sh'Mar to over come the sadness her parents lack of communication caused. But Master Skywalker and Tionne did their best to draw the young Farghul out of her shell and not to be ashamed of her gifts. Most of the other young trainees tried their best to help and a few got through and befriended Sh'Mar. But it was during her times in the forests near the great temple that Sh'Mar truly felt at peace. Now and then, she would catch glimpses of a young Bothan female, but she never got up the nerve to do more than wave and call out a short greeting.

Taking almost a year and a half, the efforts of Master Skywalker and Tionne paid off and Sh'Mar's studies took off at an incredible rate. It became apparent to the other instructors, and to Master Skywalker, that Sh'Mar had the natural abilities that would make her a great Jedi Counsular one day...

6. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    Wow,you really put a lot of thought into that character.That bio was more detailed than most of my finished stories.:)

Guess I ought to get crackin',eh?

7. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    Thanks Idgie. :)

And that bio wasn't my first. I've been making up bios for characters I've written for a couple of years now. That was my first SW character though.

I'm still hoping to be able to use it sometime soon. I've been trying to boost interested among my friends to get it off the ground.

8. StealthTrooperSTC019

StealthTrooperSTC019 Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2002
    Just think when Star Wars Galaxies comes out. Oh, the possibilities!!! I hope they add more "Skins" though!!!!

9. SparklerV

SparklerV Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2002
    Hi there,

I'm a Metro Detroiter and a fanfic writer. I'm a Beta-Reader here at theforce.net, and my SW fiction is posted presently at www.forceacademy.com/fanfic (Spark Vallen).

I'd be interested in getting something going locally. :) Sounds like fun!

My e-mail is sparkvallen@yahoo.com.

See you around. :)

Catherine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.