main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan Film Anyone?

Discussion in 'Archive: Las Vegas, NV' started by KhartrinRhan, Jun 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KhartrinRhan

KhartrinRhan Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2002
    Anybody interested in collecting/creating some sound FX? I would like to try to use as few of LucasFilm's sounds as possible.

2. DarthRaith

DarthRaith Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I understand where you are coming from on this but I believe that Lucasfilm sounds should be used as a base for 90% of the sound effects so it sounds like a Star Wars movie.

3. KhartrinRhan

May 8, 2002
    Maybe I'd better clarify what I mean. I would like to have some of our own sounds in this film. Certain things like blaster fire, deflections, lightsabers and laser cannon fire should be from the films. Maybe even some of the starship eninge sounds as well. I also want some original background FX. A little bit of creativity and originality won't hurt.

4. DarthRaith

DarthRaith Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Gotcha! Of course. Scared me there for a minute.

5. KhartrinRhan

May 8, 2002
    Okay, I'm currently back home in Connecticut for my cousin's wedding. I will be shooting some background footage for the film while I'm here. The amount of GREEN out here should help us create enviroments that don't look like tatooine. I plan on taking a lot of still shots as well. These will serve as background mattes. I'll make sure to take enough shots so we can have some good choices.

6. Tiu-Sen

Tiu-Sen Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    Well,

I ,myself, have a story ready, I was waiting until I could get a cast that could fit the positions. Its pretty action packed.

Tiu

7. KhartrinRhan

May 8, 2002
    Tiu-Sen: PM a sysnopsis to me. I need to know what background mattes to shoot while I'm in CT. I go back to Vegas on Tuesday. My current idea has run to about a 2hr flick.

8. Tiu-Sen

Tiu-Sen Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    It takes place during the Clone Wars, Basically it goes like this.

A Jedi secretly discovers a sith holocron in the Separists Comand Center after the battle.
    The council finds out and orders him to hand it over to higher atuthorities, He refuses and the council dismiss him ( Kicks him out to do a job on a far out planet). On the way they make a stop to drop off goods to a planet known as Irio. THe refuge jedi tries to sneak out unnoticed but gets caught by gaurds . He is forced to kill them after a fight rages. He gets off the ship and visits a local Cantina, gets a new identy. Of course he tells why. The man that gave the jedi his new identy let info. slip and accidently told a Dark Jedi. The dark jedi finds stalks the jedi, they end up in the hangar and the duel begins the jedi dies in battle .

Thats basically it. Anyone's story is probabbly better that this but it should make a fair movie.

-=Tiu=-

9. Rose-

Rose- Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2002
    KhartinRhan
    Don't think that I"m not interested in doing the fan film like you said in the "moving to vegas message"
    I'm very interested. I go to UNLV as well. I live in the dorms. (well i'll be moving back soon)
    I can't do much technical work, but I can play one of the parts

10. Tahnee

Tahnee Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2002
    KhartrinRhan,

My name is Tahnee. I'm new here... I posted a new topic to introduce myself on the 12th. Anyways, I just wanted to say that I would love to participate in this fan film. I'm 17 and 5'11", and I would love to act in it. For pictures of me, please visit by website by clicking here. I live in Las Vegas, and I was Miss Nevada Teen USA for 2001, so I guess you could say I've had a little experience with this sort of thing. Thanks for your time!

11. SPFXman04

SPFXman04 Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2002
    I am an actor in Las Vegas. I am 16 and am 6'4" tall. I would love acting in this! If you could e-mail me at artworkag@aol.com with more information I would be very greatful! Thank you!

12. NagaSadow

NagaSadow Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2001
    I would love to do some acting if you want me.

I'm 15, 6'2", and have had some acting experience. I've been around Star Wars since I was like 2. I fancy myself as a good story writer if you ever need help with the script. My friends and I made a short fanfilm once that I wrote. I'm very good with a lightsaber (my friends and I have played with them since we were 8, not real ones in case you didn't get that). If you need a younger Jedi or Sith or anything else for that matter, I would be perfect. My e-mail is jedi155@go.com.

This sounds like a fun project and a great experience.

13. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    KhartrinRhan, and anyone else who is interested in helping make a fan film, check out the September Meeting thread and come to our next meeting that will be mosly about making this Fan Film.

14. KhartrinRhan

May 8, 2002
    I will be making my film on my own. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.